Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) - Science/Technology (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) (53262 Views)

What The Inside Of The Planet Mars Looks Like. / Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) / NASA Scientists Finds Message From God On Planet Mars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by saintneo(m): 8:55am On Oct 14, 2012
All these lies. First, we were told that the Moon is made of diamonds, and that is why it shines at night. How come no one has being to the moon and picked those rocks for us to see.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by OluApple: 8:59am On Oct 14, 2012
Wow mayb space research not useless afterall
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Edbieni(m): 9:01am On Oct 14, 2012
[quote author=Billyonaire]
This is very thoughtful, very thought provoking. Diamond was known to be the hardest metal until recently an alloy of it was made which exists in a very stable state, I think its called Nanorods or so. Lets assume we can use Diamond alloy to build a spaceship because of its tensile strength and ionization can easily be controlled by using charge neutralization techniques based on the lightening conductor's principles. Relating to magnetosphere and its effects, remember, my principle is based on 'saucer shaped' aerial vehicle and the saucer shaped spaceship should spin while on its projectile. Just like flinging our round dinner plate into the air, the circular motion of the saucer counters the magnetism while the parabola of the saucer is actually its path to destination. If the spin speed of the saucer and that of the projection speed is beyond speed of light, I really doubt that intergalactic magnetism can pull it off course. The beauty of science is that we keep challenging each other and finding the solution to challenges...

PLZ REMEMBER TO TAKE ME ALONG WEN U'LL START D JOURNEY COS I KW U'RE GETTIN READY
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by solomto(f): 9:03am On Oct 14, 2012
These guys wl discover hell one day.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 14, 2012
*dhtml:

Some people actually believed that man has encountered several ETs in the past and called them "gods". Lemme not start citing examples.

And yet, there is no real God - in the actual sense that many religions claim - but i recognize the Father of Jesus as the creator. What i meant to say is that the creator of heaven and earth is a spirit - No one can see Him and Live!
There you go, thread carefully. Atheists are watching, and I can assure you, they are intelligent.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by jude33084(m): 9:12am On Oct 14, 2012
Omo Alata:

It'll take you 40 years to get there shocked

In modern day science it is not posible yet to emback on such a journey cool. In lay♏ãn terms Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† they are saying is if you send light ray or beam Ť☺ τhe planet it will take 40 yrs Ť☺ get there. Imagine Ŧħåϯ is if Ɣ☺Ʊ should go with our present spacecraft, it might take 40 million yrs Ť☺ get there tongue cheesy

So pls make them remove their eye from Ŧħåϯ diamond grin
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 14, 2012
solomto: These guys wl discover hell one day.
So you actually believe that a loving God, who actually created Satan (the tempter) will throw his own creation into everlastingly burning furnace ? That will not be justice, cos I guess he knows the beginning and the end and would have just plugged Satan out....(Sarcasm). Enjoy your religion, your time will come.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by jude33084(m): 9:15am On Oct 14, 2012
saintneo: All these lies. First, we were told that the Moon is made of diamonds, and that is why it shines at night. How come no one has being to the moon and picked those rocks for us to see.

Wow! Which school did you attend aŋԂ who told you Ŧħåϯ?
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by jude33084(m): 9:18am On Oct 14, 2012
Billyonaire: So you actually believe that a loving God, who actually created Satan (the tempter) will throw his own creation into everlastingly burning furnace ? That will not be justice, cos I guess he knows the beginning and the end and would have just plugged Satan out....(Sarcasm). Enjoy your religion, your time will come.

Τhis is suppose Ť☺ be ∂ scientific discussion but Nigerians have turned it into ∂ religious one angry
Just because they appear ∂ mistry Ť☺ them undecided
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 14, 2012
jude33084:

Τhis is suppose Ť☺ be ∂ scientific discussion but Nigerians have turned it into ∂ religious one angry
Just because they appear ∂ mistry Ť☺ them undecided
'Nigerians' ? There you go sir. Not just Nigerians, its all humans. Mystery is the reason that we have religion. Where religion fails to offer answers, faith comes in and you are commanded to just believe. Its the beauty of religion and it works for them. Do not judge.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Trojan00(m): 9:49am On Oct 14, 2012
Osiris.211:
Could this be heaven? The religious folks told us the roads over there are tarred with gold and diamonds.
. The ground is made of granite not diamond u dim witt. Wen u dig it u find diamond.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Pennywise(m): 10:04am On Oct 14, 2012
Billyonaire: He has a point but he is not on point cos he still bases his analogy on light speed travel. Humans, its time we think out of the box, if its gonna take light 40yrs to travel there, then light-speed machine isnt our perfect vehicle. We need travel module 40LYs x 365 (14,600) times faster to arrive there in a day! For God's sake, time is relative and planets are not like Apple fruit, it takes hundreds of billions of Earth years for them to burn out.

Now a little analysis of what you have said. Light speed machine isnt our perfect (read desirable) vehicle. But travel module (read machine) travelling at 40 light yrs but 365 times faster will get us there in a day.

You have said absolutely nothing bro.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by jude33084(m): 10:05am On Oct 14, 2012
Billyonaire: 'Nigerians' ? There you go sir. Not just Nigerians, its all humans. Mystery is the reason that we have religion. Where religion fails to offer answers, faith comes in and you are commanded to just believe. Its the beauty of religion and it works for them. Do not judge.

I love your analogy but its funy smiley
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by jude33084(m): 10:09am On Oct 14, 2012
There is one technology we are not exploring here; soul travel wink who knows, it could turn out useful for traveling Ť☺ distance planet or even universe undecided
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Pennywise(m): 10:11am On Oct 14, 2012
^^^
No problem provided you come back with soil samples.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Sike(m): 10:15am On Oct 14, 2012
No time to waste Off to the Location
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by waledud(m): 10:16am On Oct 14, 2012
Omo Alata:

Point of correction, my friend..it will take light 40yrs to get there, not humans..and 2 imagine dat light travels an unbelievable 300,000km in just one second is attempting 2 wreck ur brain. Let alone fathoming the distance it travels in 1hr, 1day, 1month, before you come to 1 year or 40yrs for that matter. Believe me, dat journey can not be made in 50yrs time except thru time travel which is stil a principle in theory and not in practice. That is not even taking into consideration the great speed @which the said planet revolves round its sun, its extreme of temperature, and other factors that would make prospecting on it impossible.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 14, 2012
Pennywise:

Now a little analysis of what you have said. Light speed machine isnt our perfect (read desirable) vehicle. But travel module (read machine) travelling at 40 light yrs but 365 times faster will get us there in a day.

You have said absolutely nothing bro.
Read what I typed there, and please read towards comprehension. This is Science and not politics. If its gonna take light 40yrs to travel there, then light-speed machine isnt our perfect vehicle. We need travel module 40LYs x 365 (14,600) times faster to arrive there in a day!

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 14, 2012
waledud: Point of correction, my friend..it will take light 40yrs to get there, not humans..and 2 imagine dat light travels an unbelievable 300,000km in just one second is attempting 2 wreck ur brain. Let alone fathoming the distance it travels in 1hr, 1day, 1month, before you come to 1 year or 40yrs for that matter. Believe me, dat journey can not be made in 50yrs time except thru time travel which is stil a principle in theory and not in practice. That is not even taking into consideration the great speed @which the said planet revolves round its sun, its extreme of temperature, and other factors that would make prospecting on it impossible.
Time Travel, I still find it difficult to wrap my brain around that principle. I think its more fiction than factual.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by SmartCount(m): 10:23am On Oct 14, 2012
Omo Alata:

40 light years is not just ordinary 40 years. Its simply multiplying 40 with the speed of light (40 x speed of light). The result gives u the total number of years it will take to get to that planet.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 14, 2012
Billyonaire: There you go, thread carefully. Atheists are watching, and I can assure you, they are intelligent.
I am only saying the truth as i know it. I know the Atheists will love that - that was why i explained my concept of "there is no god".
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by donigspain(m): 10:32am On Oct 14, 2012
Billyonaire: He has a point but he is not on point cos he still bases his analogy on light speed travel. Humans, its time we think out of the box, if its gonna take light 40yrs to travel there, then light-speed machine isnt our perfect vehicle. We need travel module 40LYs x 365 (14,600) times faster to arrive there in a day! For God's sake, time is relative and planets are not like Apple fruit, it takes hundreds of billions of Earth years for them to burn out.
My bro, I already took the longevity of planets into consideration before agreeing to his analogy. The problem with your stance is that it is based on unworkable theories and centrism (using OUR solar system features as a basis for your assumptions). Even if your 'vehicle' is going to make use of nuclear energy (applicable in our solar system), what's the probability that 'X' system originated and is also powered by a similar nuclear energy? You seem not to understand that we're talking about two or even more galactic fields.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 14, 2012
Edbieni: How long wil it take me to TREK there? Plz convert it n tel me so I start d journey now... Afteral, 9JA don tire person
Aye, a fellow star-trekk fan:
The Enterprise will take about just under 3 months if it was travelling at Warp 6. It will be slower if you were to travel at impulse speed. I am not sure if Warp 9 will be a good speed to travel that kinda distance, you may burn out your warp drive very quickly that way, and there is no space station to help you with a new warp drive.

In "The Squire of Gothos," the distance to Earth from Gothos is stated as 900 light-years. Yet to travel that distance at a continuous speed of warp 6 would require a travel time of 4.2 years.

But remember that the Enterprise NX-01, was not created until 2151.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 14, 2012
donigspain:
My bro, I already took the longevity of planets into consideration before agreeing to his analogy. The problem with your stance is that it is based on unworkable theories and centrism (using OUR solar system features as a basis for your assumptions). Even if your 'vehicle' is going to make use of nuclear energy (applicable in our solar system), what's the probability that 'X' system originated and is also powered by a similar nuclear energy? You seem not to understand that we're talking about two or even more galactic fields.
And each galaxy seem to have its rules too. . . .
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 14, 2012
donigspain:
I have no single doubts what so ever, that other galaxies are made of same electromagnetic building blocks as our galaxy. Everything in the Universe is Electromagnetic energy at its finite state and of the same building block. The diamond planet is within our universe, so it falls within the confines of electromagnetism and the laws of it. The sub-atomic particles are same. Nuclear fuel is for powering the vehicle, and it can not be depleted just like the sun energy. Any other electromagnetic flux can be managed.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by donigspain(m): 10:51am On Oct 14, 2012
@Billyonaire,
Why even think of a MATERIAL vehicle that can moves 14,600 times faster than light in a solar system where the activities of materials are limited within the radiation spectrum (light speed and dimension)? I wouldn't like you to view me as a pessimist but rather see me in the realm of realism.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 14, 2012
^^^Caramba! Now, let us assume we actual build such a ship - how do we land in all that heat without melting our ship or us?
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Pennywise(m): 11:00am On Oct 14, 2012
donigspain:

By suggesting that BILLIONAIRE'S travel vehicle may utilize nuclear fuel you have introduced an entirely new concept that was not even contemplated by him.

Now I want to take billionaire seriously and attempt to "read with comprehension". What is the nature of your travel vehicle 40LYS and how will it be powered?

Every now and again, teachers are accused of failing students out of annoyance. It is exactly for this reason. You try to be smart, you propound senseless logic trying to bamboozle your teacher in the end you get confused. Now tell me why will the teacher not fail you in annoyance
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 14, 2012
I need to travel to India to rent a flying broomstick, all you rocket scientists are wasting too much time. . . . .astral travel is the fastest way
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by donigspain(m): 11:06am On Oct 14, 2012
Billyonaire: I have no single doubts what so ever, that other galaxies are made of same electromagnetic building blocks as our galaxy. Everything in the Universe is Electromagnetic energy at its finite state and of the same building block. The diamond planet is within our universe, so it falls within the confines of electromagnetism and the laws of it. The sub-atomic particles are same. Nuclear fuel is for powering the vehicle, and it can not be depleted just like the sun energy. Any other electromagnetic flux can be managed.
LWKMD!
You are really good with circumlocution and word-play.
There are many galaxies in the universe and each galaxy is unique in its electromagnetic properties. Although all galaxies may have originated from d same nuclear reaction (fusion/fission i.e big b.ang theory) but each galaxy has a distinct electromagnetic property as a result of d unequal dissipation of energy, gases and matter all around the universe.
*The Universe is not d same as the solar syst
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 14, 2012
donigspain: @Billyonaire,
Why even think of a MATERIAL vehicle that can moves 14,600 times faster than light in a solar system where the activities of materials are limited within the radiation spectrum (light speed and dimension)? I wouldn't like you to view me as a pessimist but rather see me in the realm of realism.
I do not view you as a pessimist, I see you as an eye-opener.
MATERIAL or Matter is what science works with. If we based postulates beyond the realm of Earthly Matter (MATERIAL), it becomes abstract. No doubts we can attempt to Astral Project or Soul Travel to that planet, but will we bring home some Diamonds (sarcasm). Man attempted space and improved on the MATERIALS to resist the radiation and momentum, We need to work with the Earth-available MATERIALS. Diamond happened to be the hardest metal known to man yet we developed something harder by developing an alloy of diamond, stronger than walls of the Nuclear Plants. If the worst known energy (nuclear energy) can be controlled. I see no reason why we cant even start building model miniature nuclear engines with diamond alloy walls coded with lead etc encasement (as in nuclear plants)to power our automobiles, planes, rockets and machines of the future. These energy sources can not be depleted. We should harness this energy in a positive way, instead of using them to develop bombs. Nothing is impossible.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 14, 2012
donigspain:
LWKMD!
You are really good with circumlocution and word-play.
There are many galaxies in the universe and each galaxy is unique in its electromagnetic properties. Although all galaxies may have originated from d same nuclear reaction (fusion/fission i.e big b.ang theory) but each galaxy has a distinct electromagnetic property as a result of d unequal dissipation of energy, gases and matter all around the universe.
*The Universe is not d same as the solar syst
You ended up agreeing that the entire universe is made of electromagnetic energy and nuclear energy is just one of the electromagnetic energies, yet you introduce a different possible anomaly which is a possibility that the EM Energy might be operating distinctly. Congrats for the insight, but I guess we have to attempt the mission to know how the energy dissipation affects the EM. We can handle them as we experience them. It is science, no room for fear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Lunar Eclipse. Did You Experience It??? / Woman Flees Her House In The Middle Of the Night After Finding A Python / Meet Hackerfemo Femi Owolade-Coombs - A White Kid With Nigerian Name That Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.