Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,741 members, 7,840,864 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Where Is The Justice? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is The Justice? (796 Views)

Saraki: ‘you Have No Power To Summon Justice Umar’, SERAP Tells Senate / Jega’s Brother Justice A.A. Jega Who Died In Hajj Stampede (Photo) / Seun Where Is The Justice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is The Justice? by doyin13(m): 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2008
The man says he is ready to lay down his arms and 'tired of killing people' shocked

How about the poor souls, civilians who lost their lives because of this man and his 'boys' actions.

Where is the justice for them?
Re: Where Is The Justice? by darfur(m): 2:56pm On Jan 22, 2008
which man u talking about here?
Re: Where Is The Justice? by EloSela(f): 3:32pm On Jan 22, 2008
darfur:

which man u talking about here?

abi o?
Re: Where Is The Justice? by doyin13(m): 3:57pm On Jan 22, 2008
Lol. . .I swear I be Frank Spencer

Here is the link

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=101099
Re: Where Is The Justice? by darfur(m): 5:20pm On Jan 22, 2008
there is no justice on this earth.
that move will help to end violence. not to bring justice. but again you may ask for the price of justice. if you want to prosecute him, hemay pick up his arms once more and kill more people. it's difficult, but i believe peace can never be too expensive.

my opinion though. you may disagree though.
Re: Where Is The Justice? by Kobojunkie: 7:02pm On Jan 22, 2008
darfur:

there is no justice on this earth.
that move will help to end violence. not to bring justice. but again you may ask for the price of justice. if you want to prosecute him, hemay pick up his arms once more and kill more people. it's difficult, but i believe peace can never be too expensive.

my opinion though. you may disagree though.

Oh please!! There is justice even here on earth if we will all decide to do things as they should be done and not continue to make excuses out of fear. So What if he wants to lay down arms?? Man, I miss the good old days when people like this get the firing squad right in front of the many for example sake. The man should definitely be prosecuted and all those who carried arms with him and have blood on their hands should be executed and that should be law in that country to deter others who may be thinking of the same foolishness in the future. They should know that we will hunt them down and make examples of them for every life they take or disturb. And on that note, we should start applying the same to all those thieves who have been leaders in the past and are currently holding leadership roles in that country.
Re: Where Is The Justice? by darfur(m): 11:56pm On Jan 22, 2008
I agree.

but i'm very concerned that the violence continues. there comes a time when you may need to restore some sanity first. b4 going for the law. the US had to do some negotiations in irag for peace to be restored in those very violent triangle. at least violence reduced. i'll be glad to have violence end in the niger-delta, after that we restore order, then when everything is under control we come for the law.unless we have the wherewithal to end the violence militarily and if so i wonder what the govt is waiting for.
Re: Where Is The Justice? by doyin13(m): 12:06am On Jan 23, 2008
@darfur and kobokobo

i think we need a mixture of both approaches.

the restoration of peace is of an immediate importance and if their surrender
allows that then it is all for the best.

but in the long term, the interests of justice must be served.

the charles taylor treatment I think is the way to go/

Lull them into a false sense of security and then strike when they are napping.

Bloody criminals angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Where Is The Justice? by Kobojunkie: 12:07am On Jan 23, 2008
darfur:

I agree.

but i'm very concerned that the violence continues. there comes a time when you may need to restore some sanity first. before going for the law. the US had to do some negotiations in irag for peace to be restored in those very violent triangle. at least violence reduced. i'll be glad to have violence end in the niger-delta, after that we restore order, then when everything is under control we come for the law.unless we have the wherewithal to end the violence militarily and if so i wonder what the govt is waiting for.

What has what the US had to do in Iraq to do with Nigeria?? Please can we stop comparing our situation with that of those who have long moved on to better years and times?? We are not in the US. We can not say we copy what the US is doing only and it will work for us,  that will never work. We live in a country where lawlessness happens to be the order of the day and you believe more lawlessness will make things better?? Come on!! If you negotiate with these, will you then continue to negotiate with all the others to come right after?? We are talking of the Nigerian government enforcing laws in it's own country with it's own people. If the government lets them go, another group is bound to pop up do it's own thing and expect the government to do same. In the meantime, who is to consider the plight of those who were victimized?
Re: Where Is The Justice? by darfur(m): 1:05pm On Jan 23, 2008
I understand you sha
Re: Where Is The Justice? by Blatant: 1:11pm On Jan 23, 2008
very good. I will become an armed robber then I can say I have changed when I have killed many people and stolen enough money. I will also be left free so that there can be peace.

Evil thrives when justice gets buried

(1) (Reply)

Obama Faces Potential Damage From His Pastor's Comments / Are Titles Really Important? / Moving Nigeria Forward?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.