Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,599 members, 7,865,452 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:21 PM

Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators (10821 Views)

Presidency To Begin Town Hall Meetings Across Nigeria – Aide / PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North / NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by ayolatun(m): 10:44am On Oct 14, 2012
I'd rather not bother about this. These are problems of the world, things have being like this since the beginning. What Ɣ☺ΰ and I can do is to pray. Remember this, the scripture says when there is a casting down there will be a lifting up of brethren.
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by Ogahtech(m): 10:44am On Oct 14, 2012
I have been forced to comment on this issue. I always wonder when will Nigerian citizens stop supporting our most corrupt politicians. how could a Nigerian who is educated be supporting lavishing of N654M by the same government who have promised stable power supply twice in 3 years and failed. some Nigerians should be ashamed of their selfish comments in this forum. we should be aware that south Africa is generating about 40000magawatts. Dubai with a population of 1.6 million equivalent to jigawa state is generating about 16000magawatts. but Jonathan could not increased even more than 2000magawatts for the over 170million Nigerians in the past 3 years. and someone will be telling us to live the presideny alone. in Egypt when the situation became worse even die hard supporters of Mubarak realized it is time for change. let's learn from them. may God help Nigeria.
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by 1025: 10:44am On Oct 14, 2012
are the generators going to serve nigeria and nigerians in general. jonathan and iweala(part 2) moving nigeria sideways and backward.
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by coolzeal(m): 10:46am On Oct 14, 2012
When are we going to have good leaders that will move our nation forward. 2012 and we are still talking about generator even the presidential villa too. This country Nigeria is a joke and how do you expect someone that studied Zoology( the study of animals) both his Masters and phd in all his life to understand the wants of Nigerians. What does he know about development and business, because for you to move a nation forward you have to understand the game in foreign policy, you must be a player or manipulative in business to attract foreign investors to bring in their money in your country. You must also understand that basic facilities is a must for every nation to move forward. Take a good look at some of the western or developed nations that we struggle to visit, their past leaders are either great business men or lawyers that has the spirit of leadership and a game changer. We are living in a capitalist system, so you have to be smart and wise to survive. All Nigeria leaders are dumb.
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by taharqa: 11:10am On Oct 14, 2012
emmysenior: Hw did he manage to get his Phd sef? This presido is as good as an illitrate. By disclosing this, the fate we have in him to deliver at MOST on the power sector is gone. He aint a polititian at all, and his advisers are clueless as well. Happy sunday to Nigeria jare.
You are so wrong my frnd. A govt that wants to be transparent discloses everything that has to do wit govt business whether d info is perceivd as good or bad. I know we are not usd to this kind of disclosures in govt cos previous govts didnt do it but it shows an increasingly open govt this time around not a 'clueless' one as u ignorantly and naively think
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 14, 2012
If your President is putting aside such amount for Generators/Fueling/Maintenance, better start arranging your alternative means of generating electricity.

Shows how little faith they have in their PHCN.
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 14, 2012
[colour=#0000660]wasteful spending[/colour]
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by oubi: 11:37am On Oct 14, 2012
Who are all this thotless men and women on this thread.. Y ar all of Ʊ jus looking at dat bulk figure? Try and split the money among the states.. Ʊ'll come bak aπd complain dat Ɗƺƴ didn't giv us d actual figure cos d final result is V.small
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by iverson2319(m): 11:38am On Oct 14, 2012
Tosman12: Why is this man like this?
I actually expect him to atleast from this budget show that power will improve and there is virtually no need for heavy budget on gen,fueling and mentance.
Obviously no plan for improvement in the power sector. This fish cabinet should be looking for a way to remove this from the budget by improving steady power....
In directly telling nigerians that if u've got no generator beta go get i pass ma neighbor.
God help us oooo
Can you @least close ur teeth,because even the blind men notice the power improvement so feed will not use generator again because he promise u stable power baa?? Even now am talking onitsha is enjÓying 20hrs power per day
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by greaterlove(m): 11:51am On Oct 14, 2012
Ogahtech: I have been forced to comment on this issue. I always wonder when will Nigerian citizens stop supporting our most corrupt politicians. how could a Nigerian who is educated be supporting lavishing of N654M by the same government who have promised stable power supply twice in 3 years and failed. some Nigerians should be ashamed of their selfish comments in this forum. we should be aware that south Africa is generating about 40000magawatts. Dubai with a population of 1.6 million equivalent to jigawa state is generating about 16000magawatts. but Jonathan could not increased even more than 2000magawatts for the over 170million Nigerians in the past 3 years. and someone will be telling us to live the presideny alone. in Egypt when the situation became worse even die hard supporters of Mubarak realized it is time for change. let's learn from them. may God help Nigeria.
I will ask you some questions, has power improved or not? What will you do if you become the president of a country that generates less than 3000megawatts? Will you shut down government offices until you achieve 14000megawatts? How many megawatts do you think you can add yearly to your less than 3000megawatts? How many stations will you build yearly and what will be the production capacity of those stations and how much will they cost? What amount do you think is reasonable for the FG to budget on generators? I really want you to answer these questions.

1 Like

Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by taharqa: 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2012
Ogahtech: I have been forced to comment on this issue. I always wonder when will Nigerian citizens stop supporting our most corrupt politicians. how could a Nigerian who is educated be supporting lavishing of N654M by the same government who have promised stable power supply twice in 3 years and failed. some Nigerians should be ashamed of their selfish comments in this forum. we should be aware that south Africa is generating about 40000magawatts. Dubai with a population of 1.6 million equivalent to jigawa state is generating about 16000magawatts. but Jonathan could not increased even more than 2000magawatts for the over 170million Nigerians in the past 3 years. and someone will be telling us to live the presideny alone. in Egypt when the situation became worse even die hard supporters of Mubarak realized it is time for change. let's learn from them. may God help Nigeria.
And you were 'forced' to make this kind of comment? There was a time in dis country b4 GEJ came dat we didnt expect power 4 days but today there has bn significant improvements in d no of hrs we hv light in a day. GEJ met a fluctuating 2800MW supply and hv stabilized it at more than 4000MW, and still improving it: new transmission and distributn lines are bn commissiond every oda month, new power plants and units as well as gas pipelines are bn constructd\repaird, and even more significantly d the entire power chain is bn finally solvd by d ongoing partial privatisatn/liberalisatn. While many posters hv noted a significant reductn in d amounts of money that these govt agencies spend in their generators ff d small improvements in power supply, none of us are happy dat our govt shld even be spending any money at all on generators at this point in our history BUT we are also not naive enuf to think that any person has a magic wand to provide uninterruptd power supply in 2yrs from a very messy situatn he inheritd. The real questn is has there bn improvements in d entire power value chain and a real move to permanently solve d problem? The answer is YES. It now behoves on all of us to make sure that this improvements continues at an even faster and surer way, as well as that we finally get it right this time around

3 Likes

Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by Nightshift(m): 12:35pm On Oct 14, 2012
Immediately Prof Nnaji who has shown that things could be turned around for good in PHCN resigned, i lost hope in the present administration's ability to deliver better electricity to Nigerians.
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by KokoBeware: 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2012
Horus:

If instead they spend this N654.02 million on Solars Panels they can have free electricity from the sun 24 hours per days and 365 days per years. Another case of mismanagement.

Am not sure you know what it takes to generate electricity with solar panels or have an idea of the cost to generate the amount of electricty needed... you just feel like commenting...

The money covers the cost of maintenance of plants and generators as well as the cost of fuelling them.

The money also covers the amount set aside to replace some generators in the institutions under the Presidency.

Are we saying that agencies like
State House Quarters,
the BPE,
the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission
National Identity Management Commission, ICPC
the Bureau for Public Procurement
The National Emergency Management Agency
Nigeria Atomic Energy Commission

should not have backup power supply..... There is no serious place in the world that dont budget for backup power suplly even the WHITHOUSE...

i doubt if people here read the post...before commenting

1 Like

Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by Maximus85(m): 12:45pm On Oct 14, 2012
The office of the Vice President has a budget of
N419m under the same sub-head.

Didn't anyone see this above figure? N419m. 4 1 9. Do you think its by mistake?

1 Like

Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by hustla(m): 1:05pm On Oct 14, 2012
greaterlove: Just N654m for all the federal government agencies all over the country and you guys are complaining? I can't believe some guys on nairaland. Go to the nearest 3star hotel in your area and ask them how much they budget for powering their generator. For my office alone I used to spend as much as 300k on fuel yearly until recently that it has drastically reduced. This to me is not an issue it should be applauded that some agencies are even getting less than N2m to fuel their generators nationwide.

Serzli??! Are u always dis stupid?
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by greaterlove(m): 1:15pm On Oct 14, 2012
hustla:

The great unsilly one please make a more unsilly statement than the silly ones I have been making all day.
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by jadakiss213(m): 1:19pm On Oct 14, 2012
taharqa: And you were 'forced' to make this kind of comment? There was a time in dis country b4 GEJ came dat we didnt expect power 4 days but today there has bn significant improvements in d no of hrs we hv light in a day. GEJ met a fluctuating 2800MW supply and hv stabilized it at more than 4000MW, and still improving it: new transmission and distributn lines are bn commissiond every oda month, new power plants and units as well as gas pipelines are bn constructd\repaird, and even more significantly d the entire power chain is bn finally solvd by d ongoing partial privatisatn/liberalisatn. While many posters hv noted a significant reductn in d amounts of money that these govt agencies spend in their generators ff d small improvements in power supply, none of us are happy dat our govt shld even be spending any money at all on generators at this point in our history BUT we are also not naive enuf to think that any person has a magic wand to provide uninterruptd power supply in 2yrs from a very messy situatn he inheritd. The real questn is has there bn improvements in d entire power value chain and a real move to permanently solve d problem? The answer is YES. It now behoves on all of us to make sure that this improvements continues at an even faster and surer way, as well as that we finally get it right this time around
God Bless you my brother..
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by Ogahtech(m): 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2012
@greaterlove and @taharqa, u guyz have clearly shown that u are members of the 40 laptops we have been hearing about. go and investigate in how many years Singapore generates 80000magawatts. and in how many years south Africa generates 40000magawatts. am not blaming only GEJ for Nigeria's power failure. but we must also accept the fact that Jonathan is only a failure. Nigeria can generate 10000magawatts in one year if corruption and clueless cabinet will be wiped out.
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by kutchs: 1:58pm On Oct 14, 2012
hustla:

Dont you think you are the most silly here? What has ur silly one line sentence got to do with anything here? Yes the president promised uninterrupted power supply but you forgot that that‘s not going to happen overnight. Power generating are bad and almost all are in states of disrepair, to put them functioning will take time and while that‘s being done the govt is not going to ground to a halt bc power supply is not uninterrupted. You only look at the bulk sum and to you it‘s so much but you failed to remember the federal agancies budgeted for have offices in all states of the fed and not Abuja alone. Stop being silly and think.
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2012
fellow Nigerians pls make una de, read something well before una comment. if unu read well unu go see say them say for 2012 the budget be 1.31bn, while for next year 2013 dem say ego reduce go 654.02m, that no be improvment? na only God know how much previous governments been dey budget for am, make una try read well before comenting
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by greaterlove(m): 5:15pm On Oct 14, 2012
Ogahtech: @greaterlove and @taharqa, u guyz have clearly shown that u are members of the 40 laptops we have been hearing about. go and investigate in how many years Singapore generates 80000magawatts. and in how many years south Africa generates 40000magawatts. am not blaming only GEJ for Nigeria's power failure. but we must also accept the fact that Jonathan is only a failure. Nigeria can generate 10000magawatts in one year if corruption and clueless cabinet will be wiped out.
I wish I was a member of the 40 laptops atleast government will be paying me, but I wonder how much they will be paying each member, do you think it will be enough for me to consider closing my company?
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by chucky234(m): 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2012
greaterlove:
I think its because they have offices in all the 36states and abuja. My argument is that the money is reasonable, I am seeing improvements in power and I know the budget of a 50room hotel on fueling their generators. The government will not shut down because it promised steady power supply, we are getting there and until we get there we must use generators once in a while, in my office generators are now backup unlike what it used to be.
Improvement on which power?
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by chucky234(m): 5:26pm On Oct 14, 2012
onojiwizard@gmail.com:
fellow Nigerians pls make una de, read something well before una comment. if unu read well unu go see say them say for 2012 the budget be 1.31bn, while for next year 2013 dem say ego reduce go 654.02m, that no be improvment? na only God know how much previous governments been dey budget for am, make una try read well before comenting
Your mumu no get equal,why should the govt spend N1.31bn on generator/fueling after budgeting hundreds of billions on power? This govt is nothing but fraud,419ers in govt.
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by chucky234(m): 5:29pm On Oct 14, 2012
kutchs: Dont you think you are the most silly here? What has ur silly one line sentence got to do with anything here? Yes the president promised uninterrupted power supply but you forgot that that‘s not going to happen overnight. Power generating are bad and almost all are in states of disrepair, to put them functioning will take time and while that‘s being done the govt is not going to ground to a halt bc power supply is not uninterrupted. You only look at the bulk sum and to you it‘s so much but you failed to remember the federal agancies budgeted for have offices in all states of the fed and not Abuja alone. Stop being silly and think.
Brazil spent half of what we spent to generate 1,200MW in 24 months to generate 10,000MW in 12 months to take their total capacity to 100,000MW,so what's your point?
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by chucky234(m): 5:32pm On Oct 14, 2012
greaterlove:
I will ask you some questions, has power improved or not? What will you do if you become the president of a country that generates less than 3000megawatts? Will you shut down government offices until you achieve 14000megawatts? How many megawatts do you think you can add yearly to your less than 3000megawatts? How many stations will you build yearly and what will be the production capacity of those stations and how much will they cost? What amount do you think is reasonable for the FG to budget on generators? I really want you to answer these questions.
Funny questions from a funny goon,mumu nla.
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 14, 2012
Ehmmm.... We are on top of it... Stable light soon
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by Ogahtech(m): 7:01pm On Oct 14, 2012
[quote author=greaterlove]
I wish I was a member of the 40 laptops atleast government will be paying me, but I wonder how much they will be paying each member, do you think it will be enough for me to consider closing my company
[i]
[/i]

now I believed u are not a member of the group. one love.
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by greaterlove(m): 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2012
chucky234: Brazil spent half of what we spent to generate 1,200MW in 24 months to generate 10,000MW in 12 months to take their total capacity to 100,000MW,so what's your point?
its a pity you never gave any link to back up ur statement, in my statements i have tried as much as possible to give figures which can be backed up.
it costs $2000 - $3000 per kilowatt to build a power generating plant. what this means is that for a 1000megawatt plant you need $2billion-$3billion to build.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/10/business/worldbusiness/10iht-power.4.6593271.html?_r=0
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-spends-n1-26tn-on-10-power-plants/
please take your time and go through the following links and be informed.

a quote from the second link says “In totality, Nigerians have contributed $8bn to build 10 power generation plants, which after completion; will give a total of 4,774MW. We are also building substations, transmission and distribution lines, as well as gas pipelines to ensure that the plants get gas when they are completed,”

please back up your statement how did brazil build their power plants of 10,000MW with just $4billion.
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by hustla(m): 7:36pm On Oct 14, 2012
kutchs: Dont you think you are the most silly here? What has ur silly one line sentence got to do with anything here? Yes the president promised uninterrupted power supply but you forgot that that‘s not going to happen overnight. Power generating are bad and almost all are in states of disrepair, to put them functioning will take time and while that‘s being done the govt is not going to ground to a halt bc power supply is not uninterrupted. You only look at the bulk sum and to you it‘s so much but you failed to remember the federal agancies budgeted for have offices in all states of the fed and not Abuja alone. Stop being silly and think.

C dis GEJ he-goat sha :/ wey light neva dey for my house for 5days now?? Even if E dey,na 2hrs out of 24hrs and u r ere toking like a retarded schoolkid
Shift abeg

1 Like

Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by FrankC3: 7:53pm On Oct 14, 2012
^
You can further help your case by quoting your area let others corroborate your claim. Unless you are not in Nigeria, there is overwhelming improvement in power supply to neighborhoods. That is not in question. The argument is is N654.02m too much for standby power supply for the Presidency. If you are backing up your argument by comparing this figure with the amount spent in 2011 and that or 2011 is less, you would have been sounding logical.

To me, N654.02m only goes to confirm that the power reform is working. If you stay in Nigeria, just walk into any big hotel and find out how much they spend a month for generator fuel and maintenance, spread it by a year and compare it with the amount FG is budgeting for say BPE. Also find out how much MTN spend per month in fueling each of their sites.

Anyway, i know that most people are not really interested in logic. They heard that government people embezzle money and they jump on it.
Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by tlops(m): 8:24pm On Oct 14, 2012
Courtesy: BribeNigeria.com

Re: Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators by Jeboy(m): 10:56pm On Oct 14, 2012
Me think d budget is fair going by d fact dat the budget reduced by 50% when comparing 2011 and 2012.Most of d ppl ranting here don't run biz so they don't really know cost of diesel calculation for a day, a week ,a month and a year. If you think d budget is too high let us see your logical argument using mathematical projection.Is not enuf critisizing without logic, do your analysis and tell us why d budget is too much.No wonder YOUWIN BIZ was introduced Nigerian Youth could not take advantage. We don't think in dis country, we just look at figures and make conclusion.We may be worse than our fathers if we continue in dis attitude.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dogara's Aide, Zakariah Sinimbut Resigns, Denies Working Against The Speaker / PRP Party Merges With APC In Abia. Set To Remove Ikpeazu Of PDP / N2.5bn DSO Project: Lai Mohammed Fails To Appear In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.