Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Third Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Third Heaven (1578 Views)

If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / The Queen Of Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Third Heaven by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 14, 2012
2 Corinthians 12:2 >>" I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know--God knows."

This was Paul's Letter to the Corrinthians, I am sure many christians do not know there are several heavens. Paul, said he knows a man 'in Christ', apparently he is talking about the Christ Consciousness. Jesus is the most popular Christ. I also learnt that Paul attained the Christ consciousness before his dead and could also be termed 'Paul Christ or Paul, the Christ' but that's not up for discussion except you chose to. The Question is, How many Christian Heavens are there ?
Re: Third Heaven by benodic: 2:22pm On Oct 14, 2012
There is nothing like christian heaven. Once soul drops the physical body and enters into the inner planes all the religious tags simply drops away and soul faces judgement as soul not as a christian, muslim, buddhist etc. Your thoughts,words, actions and inactions are weighed on the scale of life and judgement duly passed

there are many heavens of course and the one you will go to is determined by your level of spiritual growth before translation.
Re: Third Heaven by Joagbaje(m): 2:46pm On Oct 14, 2012
It is believed that the first heaven is the atmosphere and. Sky over us. The second heaven is the galaxy and the third heaven is where God dwell.
Re: Third Heaven by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2012
benodic: There is nothing like christian heaven. Once soul drops the physical body and enters into the inner planes all the religious tags simply drops away and soul faces judgement as soul not as a christian, muslim, buddhist etc. Your thoughts,words, actions and inactions are weighed on the scale of life and judgement duly passed

there are many heavens of course and the one you will go to is determined by your level of spiritual growth before translation.
Faces judgement ?
Re: Third Heaven by Goshen360(m): 4:23pm On Oct 14, 2012
Joagbaje: It is believed that the first heaven is the atmosphere and. Sky over us. The second heaven is the galaxy and the third heaven is where God dwell.

This is the bible truth and herein I stand.

1. Heaven, our immediate sky
2. Heaven, outer space where light bearers are fixed.
3. Heaven, the abode place of God.

1 Like

Re: Third Heaven by Image123(m): 4:31pm On Oct 14, 2012
Paul Christ? wetin person no go hear?
Re: Third Heaven by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 14, 2012
Goshen360:

This is the bible truth and herein I stand.

1. Heaven, our immediate sky
2. Heaven, outer space where light bearers are fixed.
3. Heaven, the abode place of God.
Following this premise:
1. The sky is the abode of the ozone layer, and hence heaven is depleting.
2. Heaven can be found in the universe.
3. God resides in the universe.
4. Scientists move about in the heavens.

1 Like

Re: Third Heaven by Goshen360(m): 4:38pm On Oct 14, 2012
In addition to my first comment above,

So when we read and study scriptures like, "In the beginning God created the heaven(s) and the earth" - Genesis 1:1, we should study by also questioning what heaven(s) is the verse talking about. When we read scriptures like, "And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him" - Matthew 3:16, we should ask, which heaven is it talking about. Asking questions to follow up our study, we will be able to get the truth and revelation of what the scriptures say.
Re: Third Heaven by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 14, 2012
Reyginus: Following this premise:
LOL, take it easy on them. Truth has to dawn on them little by little. Spoon feed a child, dont give him EBA to swallow until he is older.
Re: Third Heaven by Goshen360(m): 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2012
Reyginus: Following this premise:

In addition, creation is divided into TWO, the visible and the invisible. If you say God resides in the universe, it might be true NOT by physical or visible residence but by omnipresence. Heaven and earth are couples and make up the universe as we know on the visible level. Scientists move about in heavens, yes but the visible heaven. That is, our immediate sky and the outer space.

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: Colossians 1:16
Re: Third Heaven by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 14, 2012
Goshen360: In addition to my first comment above,

So when we read and study scriptures like, "In the beginning God created the heaven(s) and the earth" - Genesis 1:1, we should study by also questioning what heaven(s) is the verse talking about. When we read scriptures like, "And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him" - Matthew 3:16, we should ask, which heaven is it talking about. Asking questions to follow up our study, we will be able to get the truth and revelation of what the scriptures say.
This even strengthens the Op's stance of a multi-heaven.
The words 'the heavens and earth' points to the fact that the heaven is nowhere in the universe.
The 'heavens' thus, denotes the abode of God.
Mind you, some bible versions read: God created the heavens and the universe.
Re: Third Heaven by Goshen360(m): 4:48pm On Oct 14, 2012
Billyonaire: LOL, take it easy on them. Truth has to dawn on them little by little. Spoon feed a child, dont give him EBA to swallow until he is older.

What is the meaning of your statement Have scientist explored the "Heaven", abode place of God When people like me makes any statement in the open and you don't understand.....kindly ask me/us for clarification.
Re: Third Heaven by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 14, 2012
Reyginus: This even strengthens the Op's post of a multi-heaven.
The words 'the heavens and earth' points to the fact that the heaven is nowhere in the universe.
About the bolded. This is the confusion point for most Christians and a room for the atheists. If you said God created the Heavens and the Earth, Goshen360 agrees and affirms that God created the "Heavens", where was HE before HE created the Heavens, I can only assume God was in one Heaven while creating the others. Then the greatest confusion will be, where was HE (God) when he created that Heaven that HE was ? Anyway, I guess Goshen will tell me the ways of God is a mystery to man.
Re: Third Heaven by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 14, 2012
Goshen360:

In addition, creation is divided into TWO, the visible and the invisible. If you say God resides in the universe, it might be true NOT by physical or visible residence but by omnipresence. Heaven and earth are couples and make up the universe as we know on the visible level. Scientists move about in heavens, yes but the visible heaven. That is, our immediate sky and the outer space.

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: Colossians 1:16
What do you mean by God creating in two forms?
For God to exist in the universe He must have spatial dimensions.
Re: Third Heaven by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 14, 2012
Billyonaire: [/b] About the bolded. This is the confusion point for most Christians and a room for the atheists. If you said God created the Heavens and the Earth, Goshen360 agrees and affirms that God created the "Heavens", where was HE before HE created the Heavens, I can only assume God was in one Heaven while creating the others. Then the greatest confusion will be, where was HE (God) when he created that Heaven that HE was ? Anyway, I guess Goshen will tell me the ways of God is a mystery to man.
You can only know by asking God where He's been all the while.
Re: Third Heaven by Goshen360(m): 4:58pm On Oct 14, 2012
Reyginus: This even strengthens the Op's post of a multi-heaven.

My brother.....this is one of my best topics in the bible. When you read "heavens", it refers to our immediate sky and outer space. The "heaven" without "s" to denote plural usually refer to the abode place of God. Sometimes, context also take the "heavenS" (plural) as a whole. I understand the use of "heavenS" as plural in translations because I had questioned it myself before I got the answer. The heavens where we see and can explore is our immediate sky and outer space being refer to as heavens, and such is visible in creation while the heaven which is the abode place of God is heaven and as such, is invisible in creation. I don't understand what the OP meant but am just mentioning the fact he mentioned "Third" heaven from the scripture. I only posted to confirm there is a third heaven and that is where God resides. Except you guys are saying something else.
Re: Third Heaven by Goshen360(m): 5:04pm On Oct 14, 2012
Reyginus: What do you mean by God creating in two forms?
For God to exist in the universe He must have spatial dimensions.

Creation is in TWO FORMS,

Invisible and
Visible.

The heaven that belongs to this/our universe is "Visible" in creation. The heaven that doesn't belong to our universe/world is "invisible". The visible creation is NOT the first creation act of God.
Re: Third Heaven by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 14, 2012
Goshen360:

My brother.....this is one of my best topics in the bible. When you read "heavens", it refers to our immediate sky and outer space. The "heaven" without "s" to denote plural usually refer to the abode place of God. Sometimes, context also take the "heavenS" (plural) as a whole. I understand the use of "heavenS" as plural in translations because I had questioned it myself before I got the answer. The heavens where we see and can explore is our immediate sky and outer space being refer to as heavens, and such is visible in creation while the heaven which is the abode place of God is heaven and as such, is invisible in creation. I don't understand what the OP meant but am just mentioning the fact he mentioned "Third" heaven from the scripture. I only posted to confirm there is a third heaven and that is where God resides. Except you guys are saying something else.
You are saying that before God ever created, heaven was ?
Re: Third Heaven by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 14, 2012
Goshen360:

Creation is in TWO FORMS,

Invisible and
Visible.

The heaven that belongs to this/our universe is "Visible" in creation. The heaven that doesn't belong to our universe/world is "invisible". The visible creation is NOT the first creation act of God.
Are you still arguing based on the bible as you said earlier?
Re: Third Heaven by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 14, 2012
Reyginus: You can only know by asking God where He's been all the while.
I will not to ask, cos 'NO ONE CAN SEE GOD, YET LIVE. I mean, there is a defense for every question but not an answer!
Re: Third Heaven by Goshen360(m): 5:20pm On Oct 14, 2012
Reyginus: You are saying that before God ever created, heaven was ?

Before God created . Created what We are talking about when God created our own heaven and earth, that we can see and explore which is visible. Where does God created from? From the same heaven and earth that He created for us
Re: Third Heaven by Goshen360(m): 5:23pm On Oct 14, 2012
Reyginus: Are you still arguing based on the bible as you said earlier?

Kindly make your point very clear sir. Creation is Visible and Invisible. When something is NOT seen (invisible) with/by the natural eyes doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Re: Third Heaven by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 14, 2012
The 1st Heaven is our atmosphere as stated in Genesis 1:1 & Genesis 7:11
Second is outer space - Exodus 32:13, Nehemiah 9:6
Third is the abode of God - 2Corinthians 12:1-4, Revelation 4:2
Re: Third Heaven by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 14, 2012
Goshen360:

Before God created . Created what We are talking about when God created our own heaven and earth, that we can see and explore which is visible. Where does God created from? From the same heaven and earth that He created for us

The question is not where He created from, but whether heaven 'was' present before the beginning?
You based your initial post on the bible, any deviation from it, is not acceptable.
Re: Third Heaven by Goshen360(m): 5:37pm On Oct 14, 2012
Reyginus:
The question is not where He created from, but whether heaven 'was' present before the beginning?
You based your initial post on the bible, any deviation from it, is not acceptable.

There is absolutely nothing deviating from my initial post. Maybe we are not understanding one another. Heaven, the abode place of God "was" and existed BEFORE the beginning of heavens - the outer space and the firmament.

Is my point clearer now
Re: Third Heaven by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2012
Goshen360:

Kindly make your point very clear sir. Creation is Visible and Invisible. When something is NOT seen (invisible) with/by the natural eyes doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I understand that sir, but following the angle you are coming from, their is no agreement.
1. Having based your arguement on the bible, their is no room for introduction of that which is not in the bible.
2. For the heaven to exist before creation, the creation story is not the beginning of creation, but a phase. Do you agree?
Re: Third Heaven by Goshen360(m): 5:46pm On Oct 14, 2012
Reyginus:
I understand that sir, but following the angle you are coming from, their is no agreement.
1. Having based your arguement on the bible, their is no room for introduction of that which is not in the bible.
2. For the heaven to exist before creation, the creation story is not the beginning of creation, but a phase. Do you agree?

We can as well say God had a beginning then. Do you agree or disagree When we say "the beginning of creation", we refer to creation as it relates to OUR world or universe. This, we know had a beginning BUT God do not have beginning.
Re: Third Heaven by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 14, 2012
Goshen360:

There is absolutely nothing deviating from my initial post. Maybe we are not understanding one another. Heaven, the abode place of God "was" and existed BEFORE the beginning of heavens - the outer space and the firmament.

Is my point clearer now
LOL. Clear.
If God created heaven before creating other things, what then does ' heavens' mean in the phrase 'the heavens and the universe?'
Re: Third Heaven by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 14, 2012
Reyginus:

Yes, I agree with you on this one. I see Genesis 1:1 as a phase not the beginning of all things! John 1:1 should be the beginning of all things (As in the beginning of God's creation)~!
Re: Third Heaven by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 14, 2012
Goshen360:

We can as well say God had a beginning then. Do you agree or disagree When we say "the beginning of creation", we refer to creation as it relates to OUR world or universe. This, we know had a beginning BUT God do not have beginning.
No. Your analogy is not compatibile with God. Except you are calling God heaven.
God as an entity has no beginning. The heaven as a product of creation is not uncaused.
If I agree that the 'beginning of creation' refers to creation as regards us, what then is the creation of 'heavens' as regards us?
Re: Third Heaven by Goshen360(m): 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2012
^^^
I still can't figure out our argument sir. Is it that there are not "three" heavens as described in the bible or "creation of these three heavens"
Re: Third Heaven by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 14, 2012
Goshen360: ^^^
I still can't figure out our argument sir. Is it that there are not "three" heavens as described in the bible or "creation of these three heavens"
Sir, the problem is, we are building an arguement where their should be none.
Back to the topic. I agree. We agree. But you seem to be adding 'flavour' to it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crucified To The Religious World / In The Begining, Was The WORD, What Is The Word. / Is It Wrong For A Muslim To Pray With Psalm Verses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.