Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Pls Help, How Good Is A Manual And An Automatic Transmission At The Same Time - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Pls Help, How Good Is A Manual And An Automatic Transmission At The Same Time (1118 Views)

Toyota Hilux Manual And Automatic 2011 Model / I Need An Automatic Car For 300k / Settle The Difference Between Manual And Automatic Transmissions( From Www) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help, How Good Is A Manual And An Automatic Transmission At The Same Time by kikikiki(m): 5:11pm On Jan 22, 2008
how good is a BMW having both manual and automatic transmission, and how affordable it is, i am waiting. thanks
Re: Pls Help, How Good Is A Manual And An Automatic Transmission At The Same Time by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 22, 2008
I don't understand your question - "at the same time." Do you mean owning 2 BMW's, one auto, the other manual?

Or a BMW with a switchable transmission? Please make your question clearer.
Re: Pls Help, How Good Is A Manual And An Automatic Transmission At The Same Time by viperman: 7:13pm On Jan 22, 2008
Hi sienna,

he means a triptonic transmission(sp) , the one you could switch from manual to auto transmission at will.
Re: Pls Help, How Good Is A Manual And An Automatic Transmission At The Same Time by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 22, 2008
Ah Viperman, I understand now.

Tiptronic (Porsche patent) has come a long way since the old 3-speed automatics. I'm not sure when it was introduced in the BMW range, but it first appeared in Audi approx. 1996.

The premium of a BMW with Tiptronic transmission is unlikely to cost a great deal more than a regular automatic of similar year.

Tiptronic transmission is a lot more favourable on fuel economy, as there's a lot less "slippage", compared to a regular automatic. Still not a match for a manual gearbox with dry clutch, but pretty close, and a far cry from the old generation auto's.

You won't have a dipstick to check the fluid level, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist - it does. Always make sure at each service, the level IS checked. They have an external oil cooler, incorporated in the radiator - the 2 pipes are visible at the left-hand side of the radiator, when facing the front of the car. They are stainless, so no issues with corrosion.
Re: Pls Help, How Good Is A Manual And An Automatic Transmission At The Same Time by clemcykul(f): 1:31pm On Jan 23, 2008
hi siena kiss

(1) (Reply)

Need A Camry / Buy Japanese Toyota Technology Suvs, Mini-buses & Pick-up Vans, Made In China / Get Your International Drivers License

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.