Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? (10710 Views)

Dangote Group Sponsors Nigerians To India To Understudy Refinery Operations / Sanusi: It's Illegal To Collect Dollar For Services Rendered In Nigeria / Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? by legalwealth(m): 12:09am On Oct 15, 2012
bumps: I ve noticed these long ago and i keep wondering what exactly we learn from the so called mosque and church we attend.i ve worked for a pastor that refuse to balanced me after service had been rendered.most nigerians are not sincere including those that claimed to be rich

Na babalawo i.e IFA man to be precise even offend me this way.
Designed a FACEBOOK store for him at
www.ifarcitystore.com for PCs view only and
www.ifadivination.tk for PCs and Mobile View and we made over $600 the week we launched it without no advert.
Re: Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? by legalwealth(m): 12:15am On Oct 15, 2012
legalwealth:
Na babalawo i.e IFA man to be precise even offend me this way.
Designed a FACEBOOK store for him at
www.ifarcitystore.com for PCs view only and
www.ifadivination.tk for PCs and Mobile View and we made over $600 the week we launched it without no advert.

What I later did after I never got paid after like a year was to remove the payment gateways which was with PayPal and via PHONE call order and even planned adding credit card payment and launch FB adverts for him assuming he paid me.

Cash lost as I do see orders placed and awaiting approval in the control panel.
Re: Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? by Fhemmmy: 1:03am On Oct 15, 2012
Cos Nigerians generally think the world including themselves owes them . . .
Re: Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? by kpolli(m): 1:36am On Oct 15, 2012
Nigerians are better pre-paid clients than post-paid so next time, money b4 service
Re: Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? by biz1234: 1:59am On Oct 15, 2012
Not all Nigerians are ingrates, you will always find difficult people every where in business, what matters most is the percentage of those who are good to those who are not. Once you have a sizable number of people who are good as business partners or clients, then, things will just flow naturally well for you.
Re: Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? by lastpage: 3:05am On Oct 15, 2012
safarigirl:

Then there are those who take advantage of gender, mostly men, who fail to take women in business seriously, hence they think they can manipulate and outsmart you....

.... if the client gives you a hard time, there is no need to continue with the deal, sue anyone that thinks HE (cos it's mostly he's that try to swindle people) can take you for a ride .

Are you a "man-hater" or what?

You mean you dont know its women who think once they can "push-up some boobs and shake some ar.se" at you, then they should never pay for any service rendered to them? No be women like awoof pass?
Is it not women who coined the phrase "idii'jee"? (ar.se don chop am!)

A few days back, one woman even collected "250K and New phone" from our Male Senator.......only to come out and be shouting "He gave me Syphilis"! grin grin grin
What would he have given her in exchange for 250K and New phone? shocked shocked grin

l go die o! grin grin grin

Again, its women that have this "sense of entitlement" after-all, you are not supposed to do "certain things" to a woman!
Like if she swindles you, you are supposed to "take it like a man" and not first give her some 'dirty slaps' .....as you would have done to a man-folk like yourself!

C'mmon be fair and objective on this name-calling naah!

Lastpage!
Re: Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? by SisiKill1: 3:11am On Oct 15, 2012
^^^^Ha!

Hello Kettle, Meet Pot!!
Re: Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? by santosjohn(m): 4:58am On Oct 15, 2012
Most people àre FREE RIDER
Re: Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? by InvertedHammer: 5:36am On Oct 15, 2012
I wish I have an answer for it. But I don't. Damned if you do, damned if you don't! Try collecting rent from tenants
...it will be one long story after the other. These freeloaders don't fear lawyers anymore. This explains why a good
number of touts have found side jobs as rent payment enforcers (RPE).

Some will even tell you that you are not the only ones they are owing OR worse, that even as rich as the Fed Govt is,
it still owes money to entities. For them, that is the justification for owing you.

Simple solution: Don't render any service until paid in full. I don't care what the client says. Who am I kidding? In Nigeria,
it is easier said than done...b/c competition among contractors and service providers make them easy prey by these
unscrupulous scammers consumers
Re: Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? by jigawatts(m): 7:21am On Oct 15, 2012
Imanuelle: U probably didn't strike a firm contract..
Never carry out a job if u haven't rcvd a certain amount dat u deem suitable..
Never carry out a job on d basis of 'anything u give me, i go take'
Be firm in your terms.
If they eventually don't pay up, tell dem u're from 'ALUU'

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? by swoosh(m): 7:56am On Oct 15, 2012
Its so sad- people dont even pay NEPA/PHCN bills (and we all turn around and blast NEPA/PHCN for poor service. There are a lot of cases of Nigerians manipulating the pre-paid meters

God help us!
Re: Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? by albacete(m): 8:11am On Oct 15, 2012
redcliff: [size=20pt]yes i am a living testimony to free anything...personally i do not think service providers are worth being paid for their services.. e.g look at mtn, ripping people off all in the name of internet connection..men, as i speak, i am using MTN's internet service to browse for free..and its totally fast.. so why go for the paid version?[/size]

[size=16pt] If u are not satisfied with their service, y not switch to a better network instead of using their service and not paying them for it?
How then did they rip u off when u say u browse @ blazing speeds? [/size]
Re: Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 15, 2012
its simply selfishness that has taken over many people, you want something done without having to put in any effort on ur part
Re: Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? by fapcrook(m): 8:33am On Oct 15, 2012
holly-pagan:
Every nigerian want to go to heaven like jesus but no body wants to die,exept ppl looking for 77 virgins
. I think this comment has nothing to do wt d thread. Some people
Re: Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? by freshside: 9:06am On Oct 15, 2012
even some companies find it difficult to pay their staff E.g AIT dopesi is oweing staff as much as 12 months salaries d man is a criminal
Re: Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? by RexyDon(m): 9:33am On Oct 15, 2012
Nigerians are awooooofffff inclined........ They can stumble jst for free things.......
Re: Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? by soundtruth(m): 1:14pm On Oct 15, 2012
The underlying factor is lack of accountability and irresponsibility.
Re: Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? by biz1234: 2:55am On Oct 16, 2012
We have lost our sense of morality..
Re: Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? by Gkiks1406(m): 2:38pm On Oct 16, 2012
...I think it's your negotiating technique that is weak. You offer and expect commitment. Always avoid deals without commitment. It is that simple.
Re: Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? by BrandKing: 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
For your Business questions, advice and general Business consulting we are here for you.

We Help;

Develop business ideas
Writing of Proposals and Business plans
Marketing and Sales Strategy and advice
Staff training and Recruitment

We will be giving FREE business consulting services from now till the Monday 22, October 2012.

Contact us now for your free samples of our services.

I believe our website will be up and running before the weekend is over.

For Details :
Nirom and Doch
niromanddoch@yahoo.com,
01 - 8127254, 08034010652.

Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors / Sea & Air Cargo Shipping Service Nigeria Import Or Export? Yes We Can Help / Fire Outbreak Destroys Jico Tech Electircal Appliances Outlet,Bayelsa(photos)