Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ (5907 Views)

Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town / Yobe Governor Shuns Minister Over Al-mustapha Rally / Yobe Governor Supports Emergency Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by mu2sa2: 9:23am On Oct 15, 2012
gramci: Mr Buka (Boko) Ibrahim (haram), if you are not ignorant you should know that North East gets the largest chunk of the budget. Go through the budget and see the sum allocated to security, 60% of which will be spent in North East.
D 60% goes into d pockets of the top brass security personnel and politicians. D people of the north east get nothing from the Huge security vote. 2012 vote for so-called security is one trillion naira. If 1/4 of that amount were used to address the serious economic situation there that wuold hav gone a long to addressing the security issues. Saying Bukar Ibrahim or somebody else is sponsoring boko haram is trying to run away from the problem.
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by hurricaneChris: 9:25am On Oct 15, 2012
This Ibrahim of a man should beat his chest. Its very bad that he forgot the likes of SHAGARI, BUHARI, IBB, ABACHA and even GOWON who failed for more than 38yrs to solve the problem of illitracy and poverty in their backyard during their days, and blame GEJ after only two years for poverty in d north-east.

F'oolz! Dont wori very soon Nigeria is gonna be a true state of federalism, then poverty will be an undrstatement
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by andyanders: 9:28am On Oct 15, 2012
In fact, Northerners are the problem of Nigeria. Very greedy people on the surface of this earth. Even if you give them the whole resources from Niger Delta, they will still want to rule Nigeria at all cost. Do we need to know the sponsors of Boko Haram when we have the so called idd0iot called Ex Yobe Governor?

It is even a blessing if they should be separated from Nigeria.
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by mu2sa2: 9:29am On Oct 15, 2012
passionate88: Pray tell me, did the niger delta militants bombed mosques and kill muslims because they are fighting injustice?.. Are there no poor people from the west, south, nd east?... Boko haram is an islamic movt. jst like ur izalla, sunni, shia, salaafist, etc... They all believe in the qu'ran and d annihilation of the "infidels".. Piss b unto U..
D problem is that d insecurity has gone out of control- it's now like a war situation and sadly in war no-one, nothing is safe. Yes, churhes and christians are attacked but mosques and muslims are also attacked and killed. Noboby is really safe in war.
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by taharqa: 9:32am On Oct 15, 2012
You all can see what sm of us hv bn saying. Buka, while giving poverty and injustice as the 'cause' of BH usd d word 'We'( meaning that himself and oda persons in d NE are in cohorts wit BH directly and/or indirectly). While threatening d rest of us with even more insurgency 'worst than BH' he concluded for effect by saying 'Insha Allah'( meaning himself and oda elites in d north are ready to continue d insurgency by d 'Grace of God'). By d way, this same Buka Ibrahim was gov of Yobe for 8yrs and did almost nothing and increasing d poverty there. Just as d US govt said recently BH is an extreme religious group that hv bn hijackd by sm politicians( politics and religion are one and same thing for these ppl anyway) to discredit d govt of GEJ and mk d country 'ungovernable' as sm of them openly promisd, period. They are nw using sm part of d media and unfortunately few politicians in d National Assembly- all of which are part of same game plan. The foolish thing that these Mu.mu elites fail to realise is that one does not open a warfront in his backyard in oda to spite smone else......by d way, i support the appropiatn of Special Intervention fund for the innocent poor non-elites of d NE, who are in d majority, when these BH thing hv bn finally taken and by God's grace it wud be very soon
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by taharqa: 9:35am On Oct 15, 2012
franchizy: 40% of the Total revenue of the Federal Govt is generated from the North East, why r we then Marginalised and been cheated, if d Federal Govt does not reverse the Proposed 50million allocated to d North East, there wil b a great problem in d coming months. We r realy unhappy
You are joking right on d 40% figure? I mean this must be scarcasm, though u seem not to be very good at it
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by naijalien: 9:48am On Oct 15, 2012
talking about justice, Yobe is not supposed to be a State if not for the injustice perpetrated by the northern military rulers against the south. Yobe was created as a siphon for the oil wealth from the South to the north and of course bukar has been a great beneficiary of that injustice. Wether he calls for violence or not is his business, afterall he is the one suffering it most. I go to my village anytime I want, let him try it let's see if he will return alive.

1 Like

Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by Femzy24: 10:07am On Oct 15, 2012
that is boko haram speaking, shikena!! i hop de security agencies r listening
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by sunkoye: 10:14am On Oct 15, 2012
franchizy: 40% of the Total revenue of the Federal Govt is generated from the North East, why r we then Marginalised and been cheated, if d Federal Govt does not reverse the Proposed 50million allocated to d North East, there wil b a great problem in d coming months. We r realy unhappy
i need facts and figures plzzz
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by jadakiss213(m): 10:22am On Oct 15, 2012
mu2sa2: Bukar Ibrahim hits d nail on the head. We hav seen how poverty & injustice led to violence in d Niger Delta. D violence in the north east is largely a product of poverty & injustice and cannot be stopped by more violence. JTF is now becoming a problem than a solution - the same way that NATO has only brought misery rather than succour to Afghanistan. D insecurity in the north east requires imaginative and concerted effort to ameliorate the dehumanising poverty there by all govts - FG,states and LGs. Bukar Ibrahim may hav put it bluntly but he is saying the truth- abusing him on nairaland doesnt alter the truth.
Aboki sharaaap.You are not making any sense
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by topraj22: 10:34am On Oct 15, 2012
embarassed INTERESTING!nw it's obvious BH was neva a religious uprising bt politically motivated by some greedy notherners...ISLAM has been dragged 2d gutts cos of ds useless pple.well 'SUCH is LIFE'
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by manny4life(m): 10:55am On Oct 15, 2012

The way you guys propagate your lies and theories is just too alarming. The major component of the FG revenue is OIL SALES which represents the bulk of at least 72%. Non oil sales, VAT, individual and corporate taxes, customs and import duties, et represent the remaining 28% or so.

If you're to break it down by regions, technically, the major contributors are SS, SW (because of LAGOS), and SE. Please, you guys should quit your violence and be enlightened.
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by Umunede(m): 11:08am On Oct 15, 2012
This man is a Boko Haram leader. He is hiding under budget to call his members to continue the insurgence
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by ochukoccna: 11:10am On Oct 15, 2012
mu2sa2: Bukar Ibrahim hits d nail on the head. We hav seen how poverty & injustice led to violence in d Niger Delta. D violence in the north east is largely a product of poverty & injustice and cannot be stopped by more violence. JTF is now becoming a problem than a solution - the same way that NATO has only brought misery rather than succour to Afghanistan. D insecurity in the north east requires imaginative and concerted effort to ameliorate the dehumanising poverty there by all govts - FG,states and LGs. Bukar Ibrahim may hav put it bluntly but he is saying the truth- abusing him on nairaland doesnt alter the truth.

What Bukar Ibrahim did was amplify the thinking among the Northern elite that BH can gain them political power since the Niger Delta got power by militancy and blackmail. cool cool
We may yab Bukar Ibrahim yet that is how the elites who govern us think, they think only of themselves and their cronies but use their people as pawns to get what they want
If we are truthful, can the Niger Delta as a region be said to have benefited from having their son as president? sad sad
Is it not mainly their elite& key ex militants [along with some Igbo elite] who have been grabbing& cornering the bulk of the resources to themselves? undecided undecided
Why is that the Niger Delta vociferous cry for resource control before Ebele got there has suddenly become a muted whisper now?
Think peoples Think sad sad sad
Do you not watch all of them hugging and embracing each other at parties , events and occasions on TV?
Do you not see them intermarrying their children in the gossip magazines?

Why is it that none of the elite is openly advocating for a breakup of Nigeria when it is apparent the current structure is seriously flawed and not working
When they disagree amongst each other, they play the aces of ethnicity and religion cool cool cool
All what this elites are fighting amongst themselves for are keys to the national treasury

Once they get it, we all get phucked from behind without vasiline lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 15, 2012
JTF dont waste time, go 4 dis boko haram leader b4 he escapes.
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 15, 2012
They are right about the request for financial justice. I clamor for justice too. And the only justice is fiscal federalism and that is the solution to this country's problem. 100% Resource Control by the States and Agreed Taxation Paid to Abuja. Every State should generate their resources and expend their money.
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by VEE2010(m): 11:50am On Oct 15, 2012
It is very unfortunate this same guy has been running his mouth wide for the past few years and nobody has called him to order. Does it mean, Abah Ibrahim is bigger than the SSS? Imagine his careless utterances all the time and no one has invited him for questioning. I wonder why our intelligence unit is shying away from arresting this guy. I'm not trying to support injustice or what ever but, the truth of the matter is, must you continue to kill innocent Nigerians because Federal Govt failed to address acclaimed issue of injustice meted out on your Geo-political zone? I guess, instigating a trial against this guy would go along way in curbing the menace of the so-called terrorist group.
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by ofala(m): 11:50am On Oct 15, 2012
Why are these guys from the North always readily resort to violence!? Can somebody explain to me why my eyess shouldn't be looking at them as ANIMALS henceforth?....Just asking...
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by zsch: 11:51am On Oct 15, 2012
sesanrota:

“Other geo-political zones got N79 billion or N80 billion. But the North-East has only N50 billion; a difference of N30 billion. Go and check the budget figures or ask the Director-General Budget Office.”

If i may ask, how much does the entire North generate to Nigeria's coffers, what have they done with previous budget allocations? do they have plans for the extra 'N30bn' if they budget is reviewed?

I find it absolutely distasteful when northern politicians subtly and sometimes not-so subtly hint on violence if/when their demands are not met.
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by mekaboy(m): 11:53am On Oct 15, 2012
WHAT AN UNPATRIOTIC STATEMENT. A SENATOR OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, THREATENING THE COUNTRY AND CITIZENS WITH INSURGENCY ? IT WILL BE RIGHT TO SAY THAT WE HAVE REPRESENTATIVES OF THE BOKO HARAM TERRORIST GROUP IN GOVT.

SHOULDN'T THIS MAN BE ARRESTED? WHAT IS HE STILL DOING AS A SENATOR? SO HE IS TELLING NIGERIA AND THE WORLD THAT HE IS IN SUPPORT OF THE INNOCENT LIVES THAT HAVE BEEN LOST BY BOKO HARAM ATTACKS?

IT IS ONLY IN NIGERIA THAT TERRORISTS HAVE A REPRESENTATIVE IN THE SENATE.

1 Like

Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by eyantotipe(m): 12:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
Billyonaire: They are right about the request for financial justice. I clamor for justice too. And the only justice is fiscal federalism and that is the solution to this country's problem. 100% Resource Control by the States and Agreed Taxation Paid to Abuja. Every State should generate their resources and expend their money.
Yes TRUE FEDERALISM is what want
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
Only fools will take his likes serious. Let have true federalism to address the foundamental issues they,ACF,say no. Lets have sovereign national conference to tackle matters,they,ACF,say no. What do these mallams want...ah,i know, BALKANISATION. Thats fine and ok.
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by Akanbiedu(m): 12:18pm On Oct 15, 2012
Na wa oo.

Things fall apart...

It doesn't take much to know a good leader, you only need to check how divided/united the people are under the leader.

1 Like

Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by nduchucks: 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2012
Billyonaire: They are right about the request for financial justice. I clamor for justice too. And the only justice is fiscal federalism and that is the solution to this country's problem. 100% Resource Control by the States and Agreed Taxation Paid to Abuja. Every State should generate their resources and expend their money.

I am with you on this. 100% resource control applicable to all resources within state boundaries. All other resources in federal territories such as offshore resources should be under federal control and revenues from those resources should be distributed equitably if the funds must be transferred to states.

What we have now is unsustainable.
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by olede: 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2012
If a serving Sanetor will make such a statement concerning a region which is characterize by continuous bombing and killing innocent people the security will not be able to stop the BH issue.
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by Policewoman(f): 1:06pm On Oct 15, 2012
Shut up! So you parasites in the north are now equating yourselves with the Nigerdeltans. For ur info, the struggle in the Nigerdelta was for control of resource in their region, and to stop the enviromental degradation caused by the oil companies. What is bokoharam fighting for? Islamisation of the country?
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by Policewoman(f): 1:11pm On Oct 15, 2012
Emmm... Bros can u pls break it down in figures? Cos the last time i checked, 95% of Nigeria's income come from crude oil which is mostly located in the ND. Please tell me what u abokis generate. Pls i'm all ears.
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by PointB: 1:20pm On Oct 15, 2012
I think the FG has shown it's readiness to handle whatever the BH insurgent group can throw at them. So perhaps Buka and his boys should continue the war path 'insha allah' rather than use what is allocated to directly impact their population who strongly desire peace.

If any region deserves great attention, it the the neglected Niger Delta area and the grossly marginalised SE Zone. The Niger Delta deserves a new city in the mould of Abuja or even better judging from the fact that the produce the golden egg. The dilapidated infrastructure and lack of Federal presence the SE need to be seriously redressed for better national integration and cohesion. I therefore suggest that any tinkering of the budget that must be done should deliberately target infrastructural and development gaps in the SS and SE where incidentally the national wealth is derived!
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 15, 2012
He said: “Boko Haram is a product of poverty. It is a product of unhappiness. We are unhappy with Nigeria. Unless something is done to address it, Nigeria should expect bigger Boko Haram insurgency, Insha Allah.

Is this a threat?
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by kibra4u(m): 4:25pm On Oct 15, 2012
Most of these Nothern Leaders are just bunch of greedy Bastards, come to think of it what have they really put on ground in there respective States with the allocations they have been receiving over the years, all they know how to do is loot and then move the excess to foreign accounts (Swiss Bank). If someone like this, that calls himself an Ex Senator or a Governor can open up his mouth to spew such rubbish by way of inciting violence, and he is still roaming the streets then that goes to show how weak our system is, infact there should be a complete overhaul of the so called constitution of this country that will take care of calibers like him. Nemesis i believe will soon catch up with each and every one of them.
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by ben4ever(m): 5:22pm On Oct 15, 2012
how much are they contributing to our national purse?
Re: Review North-East Budget Or Face Insurgency - Ex-Yobe Governor To GEJ by nenepea(f): 7:22pm On Oct 15, 2012
[quote au thor=franchizy]40% of the Total revenue of the Federal Govt is generated from the North East, why r we then Marginalised and been cheated, if d Federal Govt does not reverse the Proposed 50million allocated to d North East, there wil b a great problem in d coming months. We r realy unhappy[/quote]which total revenue?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Are Party Delegates Chosen? / See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR / Does Tinubu Actually Believe He Or Any Other Yoruba Will Become President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.