Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State (5209 Views)

Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) / Corps Member Chokes Girlfriend Over Rival In Delta / Corps Member In Ogun State Missing For 3 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by BeraBera(f): 9:33am On Oct 15, 2012
Imo is a rustic community located within Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital yet its people do not have access to basic amenities such as potable water and good toilet facilities.

This, it was learnt, has been the condition of the area since 1827 when their forefathers migrated from Orile-Imo homestead to their present place within Abeokuta metropolis.

As far as the people are concerned, there is nothing like dividends of democracy.

Concerned by the plight of the people, a member of the National Youth Service Corps, Mr. Igbigbi Williams, from Delta State, donated a borehole and a four-room modern toilet facilities worth N1.3m to the community.

Williams, with service number OG/11C/2554 came into the community last March and saw the need for the community to have potable water and modern toilets.

He said he got in touch with some prominent indigenes of the community and told them about his plan.

Williams, a graduate of Geography and Meteorology from the Enugu State University of Technology told our correspondent that he was encouraged by the enthusiasm exhibited by the leaders of the community when he informed them about his plan.

This, according to him, made him to ensure that the project was completed within seven months through direct labour.

Williams said, “Today marks a very important day in my life because it is a day I have fulfilled a part of my heart desires, which is putting smiles on people’s faces. When I was posted to this community, I took my time to go round in order to find out the most pressing needs of the people.

“In the course of doing this, I discovered that their most collective and pressing needs were modern toilet facility and potable water.

“Immediately I went to discuss my intention of providing these facilities with the head of the community who gladly accepted my proposals and gave me a portion of land where I eventually erected the projects.”

Williams, however, acknowledged that the projects would not have been possible if not for the financial assistance he received from some philanthropists like the Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Tunde Lemo, the Baale of Lisa, Chief Nojeem Odugbemi, and the Odofin of Imo, Chief Akeem Adesina.

“So, it was not a surprise when on October 3 the people of Imo community adorned in their best attires, rolled out the drums to celebrate this unprecedented event,” he said.

The community’s monarch, Oba Kolawole Olubiyi, who led other traditional chiefs to the venue of the inauguration could not hide his excitement.

Olubiyi in his speech said it was the first time a project of such magnitude would be inaugurated in the community since 1817 either by an individual or the government.

Olubiyi said, “As a matter of fact, these projects are some of the most important things needed by the people of Imo. This corps member came to me one day and said that he was directed by the local government council to come and site the toilet and the borehole here.

“The corps member is one of those boys I’ve seen fulfilling the objectives of the NYSC and I’ll want the state government to recognise his efforts and give him a befitting award.”

He, therefore, urged the the community to ensure the security and maintenance of the projects for their maximum benefits.

The Odofin of Imo,  Adesina, said those proposing the scrapping of the NYSC scheme had been proved wrong by Williams’ gesture.

“I want to assure you that from today, the Community Development Association has taken over the projects fully. They are not government’s projects. they are our own projects and by God’s grace, we’ll secure and maintain them,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/metro/youth-corps-member-donates-borehole-toilet-to-community/

1 Like

Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by Afam4eva(m): 9:35am On Oct 15, 2012
This is good. While the other ESUT graduates are donating murderous English, this one is donating borehole and other social amenities to a community.

6 Likes

Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by BeraBera(f): 9:42am On Oct 15, 2012
afam4eva: This is good. While the other ESUT graduates are donating murderous English, this one is donating borehole and other social amenities to a community.
LOL grin
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 15, 2012
afam4eva: This is good. While the other ESUT graduates are donating murderous English, this one is donating borehole and other social amenities to a community.
Ubiquitous Afam.... You don reach here

2 Likes

Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by Afam4eva(m): 9:54am On Oct 15, 2012
ogbeche77:
Ubiquitous Afam.... You don reach here
yes ooo...
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by obi123: 10:26am On Oct 15, 2012

Afam you are a riot and a half honestly, that definitely gave me a good laugh
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by shadrach77: 10:28am On Oct 15, 2012
it seems the moderators have decided to dedicate today's front-page to NYSC smiley smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by safarigirl(f): 10:29am On Oct 15, 2012
good initiative, I can assure you that in a matter of months, that borehole will be no more, and that toilet will be in worse condition than a pit-latrine, you wan try Naija people?.....good initiative still, much better than doing nothing.
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 15, 2012
Chei! See a potential leader in action.may God bless ur soul 4 doing the work of the governor...i pray i will do greater things than this
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by MadCow1: 10:30am On Oct 15, 2012
BeraBera: Imo is a rustic community located within Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital yet its people do not have access to basic amenities such as potable water and good toilet facilities.

This, it was learnt, has been the condition of the area since 1827 when their forefathers migrated from Orile-Imo homestead to their present place within Abeokuta metropolis.

As far as the people are concerned, there is nothing like dividends of democracy.

Concerned by the plight of the people, a member of the National Youth Service Corps, Mr. Igbigbi Williams, from Delta State, donated a borehole and a four-room modern toilet facilities worth N1.3m to the community.

Williams, with service number OG/11C/2554 came into the community last March and saw the need for the community to have potable water and modern toilets.

He said he got in touch with some prominent indigenes of the community and told them about his plan.

Williams, a graduate of Geography and Meteorology from the Enugu State University of Technology told our correspondent that he was encouraged by the enthusiasm exhibited by the leaders of the community when he informed them about his plan.

This, according to him, made him to ensure that the project was completed within seven months through direct labour.

Williams said, “Today marks a very important day in my life because it is a day I have fulfilled a part of my heart desires, which is putting smiles on people’s faces. When I was posted to this community, I took my time to go round in order to find out the most pressing needs of the people.

“In the course of doing this, I discovered that their most collective and pressing needs were modern toilet facility and potable water.

“Immediately I went to discuss my intention of providing these facilities with the head of the community who gladly accepted my proposals and gave me a portion of land where I eventually erected the projects.”

Williams, however, acknowledged that the projects would not have been possible if not for the financial assistance he received from some philanthropists like the Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Tunde Lemo, the Baale of Lisa, Chief Nojeem Odugbemi, and the Odofin of Imo, Chief Akeem Adesina.

“So, it was not a surprise when on October 3 the people of Imo community adorned in their best attires, rolled out the drums to celebrate this unprecedented event,” he said.

The community’s monarch, Oba Kolawole Olubiyi, who led other traditional chiefs to the venue of the inauguration could not hide his excitement.

Olubiyi in his speech said it was the first time a project of such magnitude would be inaugurated in the community since 1817 either by an individual or the government.

Olubiyi said, “As a matter of fact, these projects are some of the most important things needed by the people of Imo. This corps member came to me one day and said that he was directed by the local government council to come and site the toilet and the borehole here.

“The corps member is one of those boys I’ve seen fulfilling the objectives of the NYSC and I’ll want the state government to recognise his efforts and give him a befitting award.”

He, therefore, urged the the community to ensure the security and maintenance of the projects for their maximum benefits.

The Odofin of Imo,  Adesina, said those proposing the scrapping of the NYSC scheme had been proved wrong by Williams’ gesture.

“I want to assure you that from today, the Community Development Association has taken over the projects fully. They are not government’s projects. they are our own projects and by God’s grace, we’ll secure and maintain them,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/metro/youth-corps-member-donates-borehole-toilet-to-community/

Why is IMO a community in a YORUBA STATE?! angry
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by lacasa: 10:32am On Oct 15, 2012

LwkmDead grin
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by DICKtator: 10:38am On Oct 15, 2012

Do u work in a cyber café? #justasking
grin grin grin grin
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 15, 2012
shadrach77: it seems the moderators have decided to dedicate today's front-page to NYSC smiley smiley smiley
You can say that again
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 15, 2012
To tell the truth, william will stand to gain from this.
He could probably get more than his estimated budget.. Its his choice to set up something else with this balance, or keep it as a reward.
Even when i served in my department as a student executive..... I understood the principle of 'd more u work, d easier it is for u to chop'
William has also gained reputation!
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by sapien(m): 10:43am On Oct 15, 2012
Mr Igbigbi Williams,thanks for your meritorious service in Imo community,Abeokuta,Ogun state.Keep your head high, one day, you will displace our epitome of corruption and ineptitude, Goodluck Jonathan, and the cabals, as the President of the federal republic.Yours are the type needed in Governance in Nigeria.Once again,BRAVO!
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by Maxymilliano(m): 10:50am On Oct 15, 2012
I'm quite impressed, it just conform with the popular maxim "Find a hole and fill it" which is what a service to fatherland should be.
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by fapcrook(m): 10:52am On Oct 15, 2012
shadrach77: it seems the moderators have decided to dedicate today's front-page to NYSC smiley smiley smiley
not only NYSC but also ESUT

1 Like

Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 15, 2012
fapcrook: not only NYSC but also ESUT
ESUT? If I hear
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:12am On Oct 15, 2012
hahaha esut dey everywhere oo.
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by CrazyMan(m): 11:15am On Oct 15, 2012
That's Nigeria for you.
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by davades(m): 12:10pm On Oct 15, 2012
Mad Cow:

†ЂΞ pronounciation is different from Imo state
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by Siga: 12:21pm On Oct 15, 2012
Mad Cow:

....here u go...na e more(IMO)....just like that ...dont u know for yoruba land....that IMO alone can be pronounced a thousand ways and it can mean a thousand different things....lol
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by Handsomeemmy(m): 12:21pm On Oct 15, 2012
Guy no allow my oga come catch where I dey laugh for office.
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by Policewoman(f): 12:42pm On Oct 15, 2012
Long, long, long time ago, long time ago, African man we no dey carry shi.t, long time ago. We dey shi.t inside big big hole, long time ago. For yoruba land na shalanga, for igbo land na mbulunshi, ....
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by omenziate(m): 1:10pm On Oct 15, 2012
Igbigbi, and some of ur paddies for service dey complain of brokeness and serious OWU, u no try o.
Anyways, kudos for d largess.
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by thehomer: 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2012

Wait a minute. Why wasn't this done before this guy arrived? Didn't the members of the community think it was important? Don't they have local government chairpersons and what not? Rather than waiting for the charity and self determination of strangers, why couldn't this Chief Nojeem guy have encouraged his people to put pressure on elected officials?
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by WebSurfer(m): 1:33pm On Oct 15, 2012
Greater blessing from above visiting this guy soon...
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by olawaletaiwo(m): 1:58pm On Oct 15, 2012
borehole, 4rooms.. lolz.. God have mercy!!
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by Emmaville(m): 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2012
abeg shi.t dey worry me for here oo. i wan shi.t for dat toilet oo from . bikoo nu. d guy no put bluetooth shitting facilities
Re: Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State by melek: 3:04pm On Oct 15, 2012
I

(1) (2) (Reply)

NYSC 2016 Engineering Corp Members / After NYSC What NEXT? / Nysc Acceptances Letter Or Rejection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.