Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Heath Ledger Is Dead - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Heath Ledger Is Dead (1704 Views)

Pa Ogungbe Is Dead, Veteran Nollywood Actor ! / What Would Have Been Of Heath Ledger's Career If He Was Still Alive And Active? / Tony Umole Is Dead ( 'One Love' Leading Character) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heath Ledger Is Dead by Vieira(m): 11:46pm On Jan 22, 2008
Heath Ledger has been found dead today.

He has just finished filming his role in the Batman film.

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by odada(m): 12:29am On Jan 23, 2008
My eyes can no longer hold the tears that are pouring down my face cry cry cry he was only 28!and just filmed The dark Night a sequel to the 2005 Batman Begins where he was to act as JOKER!There are unconfirmed sources that say the drug overdose might be the cause of death

May His gentle soul rest in perfect peace,and may all the wonderful movies he made not be forgotten including the people he brought into this world and loved? Condolence to his daughter Matilda, his ex wife Michelle Williams and his oscar nominated role for the movie BROKE BACK MOUNTAIN.
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by Vieira(m): 12:33am On Jan 23, 2008
I will always remember him for Knight Tales and now the last film he'll be in is called the Dark Knight. How Ironic.
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by playmate(f): 12:46am On Jan 23, 2008
so sad.such a young nd handsome guy wat a pity he had 2 end his life dat way. cry cry cry
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by sereques(m): 12:47am On Jan 23, 2008
What a pity, And he is one of the actors in the upcoming BATMAN, he played JOKER.
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by dinozzo(m): 3:21am On Jan 23, 2008
what a pity, he was a good actor. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 23, 2008
oh men wat a loss
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by bgees(m): 9:48am On Jan 23, 2008

shocking.
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by Guchis(f): 10:05am On Jan 23, 2008
So, so sad. sad sad sad
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by bgees(m): 10:11am On Jan 23, 2008
he was very talented. i particularly liked him 'four feathers'
i heard it could have been drugs.

Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by vescucci(m): 10:22am On Jan 23, 2008
A friend just mailed me today and I'm aghast! It doesn't seem fair for such a guy to die. Y'all seem to insinuate he was a junkie. Well most of these celebrities are but I'd like to know the real circumstances surrounding his death.
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by Lola4eva(f): 11:45am On Jan 23, 2008
I'll always remember him for his role in "10 things i hate about you", one of the early high school movies, im soooooooo sad, his career was just taking off, really really sad
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by uf4oma(f): 7:32pm On Jan 23, 2008
i gasped when i saw the news on cnn this morning. i fell in love with him in the patriot. i've seen a knight's tale. but never saw brokeback mountain because of the whole gay love scene. i'm really saddened by it. what a tragedy.
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by Dreloaded(f): 7:37pm On Jan 23, 2008
you mean the love scene that lasted a millisecond?

Until I see Dark Knight, Brokeback Mountain is his best movie to date.

It's a shame really, I am still kinda shocked esp since he has a daughter. undecided
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by zigbo(f): 12:05am On Jan 24, 2008
yeah i'm wondering why no one xcept re-loaded talked abt brokeback mountain. . .it is such a shame that such a sweet heart had to go so soon, may his soul rest in peace. . .
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by Gamine(f): 2:12pm On Jan 24, 2008
Awww

And i liked this guy ooh

just found out today sef!

I so liked him and his very original name .lol

I just hate that it was associated with drugs and stuff!

Kai!

As for brokeback mountain, i don't send the gay thingy but the guy is a great actor ooh! oh well WAS now cry
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 24, 2008
I loved him so much and i was just watching The Patriot. God Give him rest and comfort his family
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by odada(m): 8:46am On Jan 26, 2008
In my earlier post I mentioned unconfirmed reports that the cause of death had to do with drug over dose?but itsnot certain anymore what the cause of Heath Ledger's death might be,autopsy reports didnt reveal anything and doctors are saying it might take 2 weeks for blood samples and other medical stuff they need to examine to determine the actual cause of death.
The $25 dollar bill found in his apartment that people speculated that he rolled in taking dope! was found to be clean!!!they are no traces of coke in 'em ,this might just be another holloywood cover up or conspiracy?but whatever it is I think they shoud allow his gentle rest in peace and stop alleging things . . .for crisakes he is dead already sad sad sad
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by davidif: 11:47pm On Jan 26, 2008
what a pity i felt so sad i almost cried, may his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by Nobody: 2:25am On Jan 27, 2008
man this is soso sad
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by oghos2k(m): 7:41pm On Jan 27, 2008
its such a pity. its so painful
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by luridguy(m): 12:40am On Jan 28, 2008
sad sad Overdose may not have killed Heath Ledger
By Catherine Elsworth in Los Angeles
Last Updated: 9:33pm GMT 27/01/2008

Heath Ledger may have died from natural causes, not a drug overdose, because the amount of drugs in his system was too low to have killed him, it has been reported.
TMZ, the celebrity website that broke the news of the actor's death last Tuesday, quoted sources "intimately connected with the investigation" saying that the 28-year-old may have died from a heart attack.

Sources claim that the level of drugs in Heath Ledger's system was too low to cause his death

"It's now appearing that the level of toxicity (from medication) in Ledger's system was low enough that it may not have caused his death. These sources say Heath's heart stopped," the website reported.

Initial tests on the body of the star of Brokeback Mountain proved inconclusive, but Ledger's family has insisted that he would not have taken his own life.

The actress Naomi Watts, Ledger's former girlfriend, was reported to have visited the Los Angeles mortuary where his body was being kept. She was also said to have joined Ledger's family and friends in a private memorial ceremony.

His body was expected to be flown to Australia today, where it was thought that a funeral would be held in Perth, his home city.

In an article published yesterday, Sarah Lyall, who conducted the last interview with the actor in November, said Ledger "did not seem depressed, or suicidal or whacked out from drugs" when they met.

"What he seemed was exhausted," Lyall told the Observer. "It looked to me like the sort of fatigue you get not from being tired of life, but from being too full of it - too full of plans, too full of self-analysis, too full of noisy thoughts that won't stay quiet."

Daniel Day-Lewis, the British actor, interrupted Oprah Winfrey on her celebrity talk show to pay tribute to Ledger.

Fighting back tears, the 50-year-old Oscar hopeful said he had "marvelled" at Ledger's work. At the Sundance Film Festival in Utah, Robert Redford, the veteran actor, talked about the impact of Ledger's death, comparing it to the shock caused by the 1981 assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan.

"That's too young to check out. It was a shock," Redford said.

He described Ledger as "one of those actors who was very, very special because he played so many different kinds of roles".
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by A40(m): 10:27am On Feb 01, 2008
The dude left behind a 2 year old daughter it really hurts undecided
Re: Heath Ledger Is Dead by iice(f): 3:02am On Feb 05, 2008
Heartbreaking sad sad sad

Meanwhile useless ones are walking around giving us crap. . .Never said life was fair

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Treasure Hunt: A Scam In Disguise / Uti Nwachukwu And Bukky Wright Kissing And Getting Hot In A New Movie / Big Brother Africa Live Updates Day 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.