Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead (1712 Views)

You Won't Believe This Dirty Looking Guy Is A Famous Hollywood Star / Photos: Hollywood Star, Boris Kodjoe Arrives Lagos / After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by Albato(m): 1:08am On Jan 23, 2008
Brokeback Mountain, A Knight's Tale, The Patriot and Monster's Ball, Casanova - if you have watched these films, then you know Heath Ledger. He was found dead in his apartment. He left a daughter.

There is an investigation at the possibility of overdose on sleeping tabs - a suicide perhaps. This should convince us all that the world is vanity. No matter how much fame and money you have.

Re: Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by nana(f): 1:14am On Jan 23, 2008
Yeah. . .Saw the news on TV few mins ago. . So sad,
Re: Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by kobe(m): 1:19am On Jan 23, 2008
oh shit! just like that. DAMN cry
Re: Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by Souljagirl(f): 1:22am On Jan 23, 2008
i wish i knew how to quit you! funny, i used to like mimicking that line from "brokeback mountain", which is one of my fave movies. i can't believe heath is gone! the news hit me like a ton f bricks, man. i was sitting at my computer, moody from a shity day at work, and then bam! bad news! na so people just dey die anyhow these days o. Brad Renfro died couple weeks ago (the little boy from the movies "The Client" and "Apt Pupil" which i love) life is precious and nobody is immune to death for sure.
Re: Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by Souljagirl(f): 1:23am On Jan 23, 2008
i hope dude didn't kill himself, and he better not be catholic either. i know catholics are tough on suicide deaths. o ma se o! sad.
Re: Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by janedoe(f): 1:47am On Jan 23, 2008
I'm still in shock!
Re: Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by Islander(f): 4:05am On Jan 23, 2008
Saw the news as soon as it hit he airwaves. Such a lost. I used to see him a lot in Park Slopes where he shared a brownstone with estranged girlfriend, Michelle Williams. He would frequent Prospect Park with little Mathlida hoisted on his neck. He seemed so content.

Honestly, I think his life began to fall apart after him and Michelle went their separate ways. May his soul rest in peace. Such a lost. He was destined to go great places. I really enjoyed his movies,
Re: Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by almondjoy(f): 7:09am On Jan 23, 2008
The plague of drugs in America. Dead at 28 years old! What a pity.

When God blesses you with money and the only thing you can think of using it on is drugs, one can only wonder.
Re: Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by Guchis(f): 9:36am On Jan 23, 2008
Sad, sad news sad sad 
He was one star i had a big crush on after i saw A knight's Tale. Now he's gone. cry
Rest in peace Heath, Adieu. cry
Re: Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by Albato(m): 11:59am On Jan 23, 2008
These young actors and drugs. Fingers crossed but I will not rule out an overdose. The rate these people guzzle chemicals is appaling. Look at Amy Winehouse, Britney nko? What a waste. Just 28. Anyway RIP Heath Ledger. He was wonderful in the Patriot, A knights Tale. He was a terrific actor. What a waste cry
Re: Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by Bblak(f): 12:38pm On Jan 23, 2008
What a pity! shocked shocked sad
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by Souljagirl(f): 7:02pm On Jan 23, 2008
yeah, pretty sad. another story for the media to feast on. everybody don forget anna nicole smith finish. hollywood is something else, i don't know, but it seems pretty hard not to be involved in drugs when you're rolling with the big people.  it seems a way for them to deal with being in the public eye. being a celebrity ain't natural, so i guess they're just normal human beings that feel they have to cope with it some how, but by taking the easiest route. and who said money makes you happy? its a big fat lie!

funny enough, people were making cruel comments that if it was britney spears that had died instead, they wouldn't have been this sad! imagine! people are heartless, though i hope this will enlighten the other celebrities to stay away from the public eye. i mean you have to pay the price for being popular, but there are ways you can make it easier on yourself e.g. live outside hollywood (to birtney especially) the girl needs to find a solution to her madness fast! death doesn't care who the hell you are!
Re: Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by stephen2(m): 7:59am On Jan 24, 2008
This is a realy big problem,
As an artiste,i have come to realise that most actors and actress use drugs as a means of overcoming stage frieght and stuffs like that,but they really don't know what they are doing.

By the time they become rich and famous,they go for the higher ones(DRUGS),not necessarily minding the consequences behind their actions.

Imagine a guy like these man(Ledger),full of life and stuffs like that,look at what he has done to himself,i sure know that he died of overdose of drug,thats a sure thing i know,

Well,too bad for you,there's no star of whatsoever in hell fire,too bad your going to HELL,not wishing you bad or something,but its the truth,

LEST I FORGET,HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE SEEN WHITNEY HOUSTON RECENTLY
OH MY GOD,YOU REALLY NEED TO SEE THIS GIRL NOW,
Re: Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by Souljagirl(f): 5:57pm On Jan 24, 2008
abegi, are you God? i'm tired of hearing people say that someone will go to hell because they committed suicide. how do you know what happens at the other end? as far as i know, God is a merciful God and he's unpredictable, so he can decide to forgive him and send him on his way to heaven. i won't be surprised if Abacha went to heaven, with all the atrocities he committed on this earth. but then again, how we go know? nobody comes back from the dead to give us the gist. grin

depression is truely a disease, and anyone who hasn't gone through it shouldn't even comment, but taking your life over it isn't the way out, that i agree, but human beings deal with things differently.
Re: Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by Souljagirl(f): 5:59pm On Jan 24, 2008
make papa God sha show us how to deal with life. money and fame isn't everything.
Re: Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by tilewill(m): 6:31pm On Jan 24, 2008
P A I N F U L ! but who are we to query death
Re: Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by Souljagirl(f): 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2008
yup. its inevitable for everyone. if only we all went at the same time, e for better
Re: Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by Emad(f): 9:00am On Feb 01, 2008
Tragic, he was so cute
another candle gone with the wind
Re: Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by cooljoe(m): 2:33pm On Feb 01, 2008
Watched Cassanova, it's a pity he's gone, just hope it's not suicide.
Re: Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by Albato(m): 2:37pm On Feb 01, 2008
From all indications, he died of drug abuse. These guys live life like there is no tommorow. Talk of burning the candle from both ends
Re: Hollywood Star Heath Ledger Found Dead by kelvin(m): 10:51pm On Feb 02, 2008
I have heard about most of his movies, but I don't remember if I have seen any.
May God rest his soul.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Meet Cristiano Ronaldo’s Sexy Model Girlfriend / Tuface Idibia Expecting Baby No 7 at 37 / Fans Blast Peter Okoye (psquare) For Posting This Picture On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.