Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! (12723 Views)

The Seeding Of The Remaining 20 Teams In CAF Zone For RUSSIA 2018 / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by psamuell2(m): 1:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
The Confederation of African Football has revealed the seeding for the draw for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.

Ivory Coast are among the top seeds, despite the abandonment of their second-leg tie with Senegal and no news of an official result from Caf.

The Ivorians were 6-2 up on aggregate when Saturday's game in Dakar was called off because of crowd violence.

Tournament hosts South Africa are also among the top seeds, along with reigning champions Zambia and Ghana.

Cape Verde, who qualified for the first time in their history by pulling off a shock 3-2 aggregate victory over four-time champions Cameroon, are in the fourth pot.

Also among the lowest-ranked teams are 1962 champions Ethiopia, who have qualified for the first time since 1982.

The tournament takes place in South Africa between 19 January and 10 February 2013.

Teams in the same pot cannot be drawn against each other. The draw will be held on 24 October in Durban.

Seedings:

•Pot one: South Africa, Zambia, Ghana, Ivory Coast
•Pot two: Mali, Tunisia, Angola, Nigeria
•Pot three: Algeria, Burkina Faso, Morocco, Niger
•Pot four: Togo, Cape Verde, DR Congo, Ethiopia.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19950211
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by psamuell2(m): 1:52pm On Oct 15, 2012
my prediction 4 nigerias group is
Ghana
Nigeria
Morroco
Dr congo
Whats urs
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by opetope: 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2012
Ivory Coast
Nigeria
Morocco
Togo

This will actually be the be Group of Death
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by EdwinB1(m): 2:21pm On Oct 15, 2012
psamuell2: my prediction 4 nigerias group is
Ghana
Nigeria
Morroco
Dr congo
Whats urs
nigeria
morroco
togo
southafrica
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by noblechriss(m): 2:24pm On Oct 15, 2012
psamuell2: my prediction 4 nigerias group is
Ghana
Nigeria
Morroco
Dr congo
Whats urs
guy u wicked joor! Na wa 4 u Oº°˚ dem Ŋ☺ get all those smal smal team dia,like somalia,sudan and mozambique?
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by tyson55(m): 2:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
Zambia
Nigeria
Algeria
Ethiopia
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by wanted(m): 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2012
Abeg wetin Liberia be wan qualify go do before? See teams choi I hope we are in south africa's group we need to make them and those supersport analysts respect Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by Afam4eva(m): 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2012
wanted: Abeg wetin Liberia be wan qualify go do before? See teams choi I hope we are in south africa's group we need to make them and those supersport analysts respect Nigeria.
I want us to meet them in the semi-finals and not in the group stage.
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by solomon111(m): 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2012
We can beat anybody in the Afcon,except ivorycoast.
So as long as we don't draw ivory-coast,atleast for now,then i am fine.
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by solomon111(m): 2:37pm On Oct 15, 2012
wanted: Abeg wetin Liberia be wan qualify go do before? See teams choi I hope we are in south africa's group we need to make them and those supersport analysts respect Nigeria.
SA should be a piece of cake.
Even a complete home-based team should be able to beat them convincingly.
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by folahann(m): 2:40pm On Oct 15, 2012
South Africa
Nigeria
Niger
Cape Verde

1 Like

Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by solomon111(m): 2:41pm On Oct 15, 2012
South africa
Nigeria
Burkina-faso
congo
i want burkina-faso to knock south africa out.

1 Like

Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by bid4rich(m): 2:41pm On Oct 15, 2012
Have you guys forgot our normal position? Even Spain wey be Number One no go fit beat us when it comes to that. I beg make una reserve the position for us o. cheesy

1 Like

Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by harlos: 2:45pm On Oct 15, 2012
Its going to be tough but I can't really predict.
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by boron10(m): 2:50pm On Oct 15, 2012
folahann: South Africa
Nigeria
Niger
Cape Verde

Guy you like cheap things sha, let them draw us with ivory coast jor make them teach us football

2 Likes

Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by Basic(m): 2:53pm On Oct 15, 2012
I understand that Zambia are the defending champions, and that Ghana and CIV are strong footballing nations in Africa. What I don't understand is why South Africa is among the top seeds, ahead of Nigeria.
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by TonySpike: 2:58pm On Oct 15, 2012
Basic: I understand that Zambia are the defending champions, and that Ghana and CIV are strong footballing nations in Africa. What I don't understand is why South Africa is among the top seeds, ahead of Nigeria.

Home advantage is a factor, dude! You understand?
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by honeric01(m): 2:58pm On Oct 15, 2012
Zambia
Nigeria
Algeria
DR Congo
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by Chanchit: 2:59pm On Oct 15, 2012
folahann: South Africa
Nigeria
Niger
Cape Verde

Na so, this looks like a very good selection, atleast I don't want to see Cote de ivorie in the mix. Any other team can come, we go try our best sha.
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by daptop(m): 2:59pm On Oct 15, 2012
afam4eva:
I want us to meet them in the semi-finals and not in the group stage.
who says nigeria will get to the semi final.....cos dey won liberia 6-1......[color=#006600][/color]
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by Welder(m): 2:59pm On Oct 15, 2012
Our boys better go and win this thing ooo.
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by daptop(m): 3:01pm On Oct 15, 2012
Basic: I understand that Zambia are the defending champions, and that Ghana and CIV are strong footballing nations in Africa. What I don't understand is why South Africa is among the top seeds, ahead of Nigeria.
cos south africa are the host nation.lookn at the pot one all the teams there are far better than nigeria.....

1 Like

Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by Siga: 3:04pm On Oct 15, 2012
...haba u mean small ooo...after all the money wey dem spend...u still worry say dem get top seed....na host country now...wat do u expect...thats the rule and thats fair enough....
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by daptop(m): 3:05pm On Oct 15, 2012
boron10:

Guy you like cheap things sha, let them draw us with ivory coast jor make them teach us football
is only ivory coast dat can teach us football even zambia and south africa will do..unless there is a change in the team spirit..
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by daptop(m): 3:08pm On Oct 15, 2012
psamuell2: The Confederation of African Football has revealed the seeding for the draw for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.

Ivory Coast are among the top seeds, despite the abandonment of their second-leg tie with Senegal and no news of an official result from Caf.

The Ivorians were 6-2 up on aggregate when Saturday's game in Dakar was called off because of crowd violence.

Tournament hosts South Africa are also among the top seeds, along with reigning champions Zambia and Ghana.

Cape Verde, who qualified for the first time in their history by pulling off a shock 3-2 aggregate victory over four-time champions Cameroon, are in the fourth pot.

Also among the lowest-ranked teams are 1962 champions Ethiopia, who have qualified for the first time since 1982.

The tournament takes place in South Africa between 19 January and 10 February 2013.

Teams in the same pot cannot be drawn against each other. The draw will be held on 24 October in Durban.

Seedings:

•Pot one: South Africa, Zambia, Ghana, Ivory Coast
•Pot two: Mali, Tunisia, Angola, Nigeria
•Pot three: Algeria, Burkina Faso, Morocco, Niger
•Pot four: Togo, Cape Verde, DR Congo, Ethiopia.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19950211
gghana,Nigeria Burkinafaso, Cape verde
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 15, 2012
i think its going to be..

Cote d'ivoire
Nigeria
Burkina Fasso
Cape Verde.....

1 Like

Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by boron10(m): 3:13pm On Oct 15, 2012
gbosaa: i think its going to be..

Cote d'ivoire
Nigeria
Burkina Fasso
Cape Verde.....
With this draw, Nigeria leave the group stage with just 3 points. cool

1 Like

Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by andyolo(m): 3:16pm On Oct 15, 2012
Souhth africa
Nigeria
Algeria
Cape verd

Good luck!!!

1 Like

Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by hoyehdiran: 3:33pm On Oct 15, 2012
host of any competition is always seeded first, then defending champion and others based on ranking and previous performances
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by MadCow1: 3:35pm On Oct 15, 2012
NIGERIA
GHANA
IVORY COAST
MALI

Any two out of this group shall surely meet at the finals...
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by psamuell2(m): 3:37pm On Oct 15, 2012
they are d host,dey didnt go tru d qualifiers also
Re: CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!! by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 15, 2012
After the competition, Nigeria will take back their position in FIFA ranking.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Handball Vip Super Tips. Get In Now!!! / Juventus Sacks Andrea Pirlo / NFF Appoints Coaches For Home Eagles, Other National Teams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.