Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,858 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? (5199 Views)

What Do You Do When Your Spouse Lies To You / The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by babymine(f): 9:58am On Apr 17, 2006
For the married ones what do you call your spouse and what does your spouse call you? That sweet name he/she calls you that melts you and makes you feel so special. And for those not yet married, what would you call your spouse?

As for me, I think I'll call him Nkem (it means mine). By the way I'm not Igbo but I love that name. It could be Sweetie, or Handsome or Sunshine or Honey.  undecided  grin

Anyway, I have so many sweet names I'll choose from.  grin  cheesy  wink

What about you?  cheesy  grin   wink
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by Zahymaka(m): 11:45am On Apr 17, 2006
It'll be a variant of her name -- and I'm going to make sure we only use it in private. I'm also going to be the only person who calls her that.
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by ojd(m): 12:13pm On Apr 17, 2006
Zahymaka:

It'll be a variant of her name -- and I'm going to make sure we only use it in private. I'm also going to be the only person who calls her that.

I agree wit this. My elder brother calls his wife "baby" and his kid {2yrs old} has picked it he now calls his mum "baby" as well.

1 Like

Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by Zahymaka(m): 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2006
Trust kids. That's why some men call their wives "mom". cheesy cheesy
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by mukina2: 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2006
Zahymaka:

Trust kids. That's why some men call their wives "mom". cheesy cheesy
thats wat ma uncle calls his wife and she calls him dad grin grin grin grin

i'll find a special name that wud be his in the entire world wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by Rhodalyn(f): 7:07pm On Apr 17, 2006
honey!!!!
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by debbieolat(f): 7:50pm On Apr 17, 2006
I call my boo 'oko mi' meaning my husband and he calls me his princess wink
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by OluAbuja(m): 8:38pm On Apr 17, 2006
I call my wife Mama, Mama T or just her name, Tola depending on the situation. She calls me Temi (My Own) at all times.

Our 5year old daugter has noticed this, so any time she wants to get something from me she calls me Temi and it makes me laugh when she does that - It means she understands the special attention the nickname draws). At some other times she calls my wife by her name Tola. We try to tell her to call us Mummy and Daddy but i guess its what she hears most of the time that she wants to call us expecially when we are all at home. I also noticed that she will only call us those names right in the house and never outside.

wink
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by Zahymaka(m): 8:48pm On Apr 17, 2006
That's cool. Smart lil' girl.
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by babymine(f): 11:49am On Apr 18, 2006
Its all good. grin
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by mide2(f): 12:03am On Apr 21, 2006
smiley
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by babymine(f): 10:46am On Apr 21, 2006
@ Olu
Temi is in Yoruba what Nkem is in Igbo.

That's cool. grin cheesy
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by eveseh(f): 8:05pm On Apr 27, 2006
darly kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by ojd(m): 11:21pm On May 13, 2006
wat ever u choose to call your spouse just be careful, the kids might just pick it up.
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by chinani(f): 12:01am On May 14, 2006
Zahymaka:

Yes, that's how cults start too. Only teasing! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink

@Olu Abuja
You daughter must be very clever.

Such sweet stories. As for me, I'd call him "di m" Igbo for "my husband", "Onye mu" Igbo for "My someone" or "Nkem". Nkem is the front running. Do you mind babymine? undecided I haven't met my husband yet so his personality would decide on what I'd call him. I'd make it something private though as opposed to his name or nickname. I think that'd make us both feel special & loved.
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by chinani(f): 12:15am On May 14, 2006
Oh I just thought of something. Abroad everyone goes by their "Christian" name, so I guess I'd call my hubby his Igbo/Yoruba/Hausa/Habesha/Swahili etc. name if we live abroad. Foreigners cannot really pronounce our names so I won't have to worry about someone trying to call him by that name. But then again, maybe I'll have to share the privilege w/ his mother. embarassed Gentlemen, what do you think? If I marry a Nigerian should I use his ethnic name - if we live abroad - or a sweetheart name? Which would you prefer? If I don't marry an African undecided well, refer to my previous post.
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by ikamefa(f): 12:33am On May 14, 2006
grin I'll call him papii. shocked your lordship sir, wink bhayette nkosi or better still ma masta tongue
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:34am On May 14, 2006
im loving the ''papii'' one cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by chinani(f): 12:39am On May 14, 2006
If I may ask, why papi?
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by ikamefa(f): 12:47am On May 14, 2006
papii cos i love ,respect him and admire him it's just an endearment.it does not take any thing away from me being his equal partner in our relationship cool
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by mochafella(m): 12:51am On May 14, 2006
ikamefa:

or better still ma masta tongue

That sounds slavish.
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by ikamefa(f): 12:54am On May 14, 2006
slavish or not na endearment cool
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by chinani(f): 1:03am On May 14, 2006
ikamefa:

papii because i love ,respect him and admire him it's just an endearment.it does not take any thing away from me being his equal partner in our relationship cool
What I meant was, are you latina/hispanic? What drew you to this name/word/endearment?

ikamefa:

grin I'll call him papii. shocked your lordship sir, wink bhayette nkosi or better still ma masta tongue
mochafella:

That sounds slavish.
ikamefa:

slavish or not na endearment cool
Er, I can't feel you on the "masta" part. undecided
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by sade511(f): 1:04am On May 14, 2006
When I had one it was baby or babe.
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by chinani(f): 1:06am On May 14, 2006
@Sade
Oh are you divorced? Don't mean to pry. smiley
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:07am On May 14, 2006
thats just what ya doing smiley
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by sade511(f): 1:08am On May 14, 2006
no
It was my ex boyfriend.
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by mochafella(m): 1:10am On May 14, 2006
Rhodalyn:

thats just what ya doing smiley
took the words right out of my mouth grin
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by chinani(f): 1:11am On May 14, 2006
OIC @ Sade & the ubiquitous Rhodalyn.
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:55am On May 14, 2006
shocked shocked lol chinani cheesy cheesy what big english is that cheesy cheesy come down to my level cheesy cheesy
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:57am On May 14, 2006
oh yeah!! babe cheesy cheesy i just searched for the meaning cheesy cheesy

''Being or seeming to be everywhere at the same time'', yeah!! man!! thats Rhodalyn for U cheesy cheesy
Re: What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? by kimba(m): 11:12am On May 14, 2006
i know a man who calls his wife: baby
the wife calls him: babe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Married Men Sex Starved? / Is There Anything As A ‘christian Girl’ In A Relationship? / Girl 9 Stabbed Herself to death To Stop Being Married Out In Sokoto See Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.