Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Bayer Leverkusen’s Sidney Sam Open To Nigeria Call Up - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bayer Leverkusen’s Sidney Sam Open To Nigeria Call Up (1425 Views)

Germany Snubs Sidney Sam / Sidney Sam Called Up To Germany National Team / Sidney Sam Wants To Play For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayer Leverkusen’s Sidney Sam Open To Nigeria Call Up by bennie1980(m): 6:11pm On Oct 15, 2012
Bayer Leverkusen’s Sidney Sam open to Nigeria call up

The German-born player says he will not mind playing for his father’s country if called up in the future having already being in communication with the NFF
Oct 15, 2012 2:26:00 PM

Bayer Leverkusen player Sidney Sam has said that he would not mind playing for Nigeria if ever he is called up by the national team’s selectors Sam told Goal.com in an exclusive interview during the weekend.

The Leverkusen star has already featured for Germany’s U-21s and said there’s already been contact between him and the Nigerian Football Federation.

"I was already in contact with the Nigerian FA, but at the moment there are no talks. I’m totally focussed on Bayer Leverkusen," Sam told Goal.com Germany.

Asked if there was possibility of his featuring for the west Africans, Sam expressed positively that he would give it the thought.

"Absolutely, yes! It is a good FA and through my father I have a connection to this country. I will have to think about it."

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2012/10/15/3451399/bayer-leverkusens-sidney-sam-open-to-nigeria-call-up?source=breakingnews

Re: Bayer Leverkusen’s Sidney Sam Open To Nigeria Call Up by bennie1980(m): 6:12pm On Oct 15, 2012
This is a good addition to the Super Eagles. Keshi, please grab him with both hands. You are welcome lad!
Re: Bayer Leverkusen’s Sidney Sam Open To Nigeria Call Up by semid4lyfe(m): 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2012
bennie1980: This is a good addition to the Super Eagles. Keshi, please grab him with both hands. You are welcome lad!

Question - Are you based in Germany?

I ask cos this is the 2nd thread you've created promoting Germany-based players for invitation to the National team, the first being the thread for Chinedu Ede of FC Mainz.

@ topic, he refused to pick Keshi's call sometime back, what has caused his change of mind?
Re: Bayer Leverkusen’s Sidney Sam Open To Nigeria Call Up by Chanchit: 7:39pm On Oct 15, 2012
Pls which wing is he palying....? The wings we need players now is @ d right or left back, any position from midfield to attack, he should jst forget it. There's no nations cup for him.
Re: Bayer Leverkusen’s Sidney Sam Open To Nigeria Call Up by Ibime(m): 9:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
Sidney Sam plays left or right wing and is one of the best young players in bundesliga. Probably the best player at leverkusen last year along with bender. He would be a welcome addition to super eagles and would be neck and neck with musa and Moses for the wing positions.
Re: Bayer Leverkusen’s Sidney Sam Open To Nigeria Call Up by cashmentor(m): 10:25pm On Oct 15, 2012
Good addition to the Super Eagles if he doesn't change his mind.... But, he said "i will have to think about it" which means he's still expecting a call-up from the Germany Senior Team.... Oliver Twist!

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Launches Range Of Underwear (images) / Messi breaks Laliga Goal Scoring Record / Dick Tiger Celebrates His 86th Birthday Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.