Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Funny Animation: Dangers Of Smoking (wip) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Funny Animation: Dangers Of Smoking (wip) (2834 Views)

OBIKA: A Funny Animation Video By A Nairalander / Photo Of The Day: Say NO To Smoking! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Animation: Dangers Of Smoking (wip) by OKX(m): 7:45pm On Oct 15, 2012
just blocked d main character animation for both scenes.
still loads of tweaking to be done.
(yet to work on d facial animation)
had to cut some scenes cos of d file size, will post d complete skit later.

comments r welcome

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAxoU-AqWOc[/url]
Re: Funny Animation: Dangers Of Smoking (wip) by damseremie(m): 1:35am On Oct 16, 2012
Nice...me likey...we wait for the complete version...
Re: Funny Animation: Dangers Of Smoking (wip) by AdamuW: 8:46am On Oct 16, 2012
It's looking very promising. Looking forward to the final piece and the final edit. I maybe would have made the reaction of the bigger guy quicker and snappier if that makes any sense. To push the laughs. Maybe try different reaction times/speeds to see which feels funnier. Nice one.
Re: Funny Animation: Dangers Of Smoking (wip) by OKX(m): 9:17am On Oct 16, 2012
@dams...thanx man, but surely u must have a critique or two...even possible areas of improvement.
better to amend now than later...lol

@Adamu
always a pleasure to get ur attention.
Dyu mean when d lighter hits the bigger chap? or d punch?
i'm trying to portray mo brawns than brain...a kinda dim-witted bully.

pls share ur thots
Re: Funny Animation: Dangers Of Smoking (wip) by oganmicheal(m): 10:58am On Oct 16, 2012
Nice work brother can you do a short animation for me on www.bayelsahumanitarianagency.org
Re: Funny Animation: Dangers Of Smoking (wip) by AdamuW: 7:37am On Oct 17, 2012
Hi OKX,

Let's work on the principle that I don't know your brief from your client of the direction you intend to take the short if it's your own private work. That aside, here are my thoughts.

1: Based on the story/previz at the moment the reaction of the big guy is funny but for my personal taste lacks a sharpness. The way he looks around to see what hit him and where it came from then walks around to hit him is currently one smooth motion. In my mind I see a more Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny interaction between the two. Quick, fast, snappy with speed variations to bring out the comedy more. But that could just be my taste and direction. Damseremie was fine with it.

2: If one could change the story then I would handle it differently. I would go nuts with the effect of the guy throwing the match over his shoulder. For example the match would hit the guy, set him on fire. He would run around like a mad chicken bumping into stuff, setting off a chain reaction that eventually results in the destruction of the office in about 15 seconds or less. Meanwhile the smoker is oblivious. You could still even incorporate the slap at the end. I'm just brainstorming.

But as I said before what you have is cool already and my way isn't necessarily better. Just feedback. Looking forward to the finished piece.
Re: Funny Animation: Dangers Of Smoking (wip) by OKX(m): 7:57am On Oct 17, 2012
@AdamuW
haha...loving the scenario u painted.
its a personal learning project and very versatile.

i will xperiment with variations on d biggies reaction.
also if its ok wit u, id incorporate ur idea into a second scenario wit the chap.

in ma original storyline, he encounters several different mishaps in his bid to grab a smoke til he finally throws d cigarette away.
so ur 'setting on fire' scenario fits in just fine (dat is, pending ur permission to use it)
Re: Funny Animation: Dangers Of Smoking (wip) by AdamuW: 10:49am On Oct 17, 2012
OKX: @AdamuW
haha...loving the scenario u painted.
its a personal learning project and very versatile.

i will xperiment with variations on d biggies reaction.
also if its ok wit u, id incorporate ur idea into a second scenario wit the chap.

in ma original storyline, he encounters several different mishaps in his bid to grab a smoke til he finally throws d cigarette away.
so ur 'setting on fire' scenario fits in just fine (dat is, pending ur permission to use it)

@OKX Please feel free to use it. It's all brainstorming and ideas. Glad you like the idea.
Re: Funny Animation: Dangers Of Smoking (wip) by akay48(m): 10:38pm On Oct 17, 2012
Nice animation, lol...got me rolling...u should try adamu's idea too, am laughin already...i like ur part where d matchstick fell on dat huge guy...reminds me of d "wingadium leviousar" scene in HarryPotter, Ron and d Troll, u remember?
Re: Funny Animation: Dangers Of Smoking (wip) by damseremie(m): 11:59am On Oct 18, 2012
Adamu has pretty much killed it with the extreme-kitchen-burn-down..Nice un...Go for it...
Yeah... he was right about a certain "unsharpness" to the animation...i noticed but was considering that it was pretty ok as is..(well all know how hard it is to get everything "just right"wink grin...If you can though...Give it a shot...especially as there are no clients or deadlines breathing down your neck
Re: Funny Animation: Dangers Of Smoking (wip) by velociraptor: 8:49am On Nov 07, 2012
MEN!!! This must b a joke. with ur loud mouth is this all u re? men if i ever hear u criticize other artist work men i put u in ur place.
this so called funny animation of urs is a complete shenanigan. am sayin this because u run ur mouth 2 much n this is all u can do after all this years
of claiming 2 b a good animator or 3d artiste. u re among those disgracing us in the international community. abeg park up o 3d no b by force u hear me sooo.
Re: Funny Animation: Dangers Of Smoking (wip) by konjinokillme(m): 12:18am On Jan 07, 2017
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Street Art From Around The World / Nigerian Teenager Awesome Drawings. / Illustrations By Raphaelagah (strokeshade)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.