Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! (2330 Views)

This Is A Must Read For All, Especially married and Intending Couples / Women (especially married), their age and Skinny Jeans / Advice To Social Ladies, Especially Those In Their 20′s – A Must Read!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! by phlame(m): 8:12pm On Oct 15, 2012
With just 2 mouths 2 feed how much is enough for month? I spend 40k and she still insists its not enough... I need peoples opinion/advise because I don't know how long I can continue... angry
Re: For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! by phlame(m): 9:46pm On Oct 15, 2012
bump embarassed
Re: For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! by slimyem: 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2012
phlame: With just 2 mouths 2 feed how much is enough for month? I spend 40k and she still insists its not enough... I need peoples opinion/advise because I don't know how long I can continue... angry
This info is not enough to go on..
Is the 40k for foodstuff?
Is it for just soup?
What are the kinds of food you love to have at home?
Do you request special kinds of food?
How often do you receive visitors and do your visitors eat when they come around?
How many times do you both eat at home per day?
Do you suspect your wife is diverting the money elsewhere?
Do you think she's extravagant or wasteful..?
.....i'm just trying to understand the situation better before i make any comment...
Re: For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 15, 2012
Lol, I think if it is just for foodstuff and two mouths it should be enough. Maybe you should dedicate one month to you taking control of buying foodstuff, planning the budget, buying things in bulk and see for yourself if she's lying or you're just a miser. cheesy tongue
Re: For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! by phlame(m): 11:07pm On Oct 15, 2012
slimyem: This info is not enough to go on..
Is the 40k for foodstuff?
Is it for just soup?
What are the kinds of food you love to have at home?
Do you request special kinds of food?
How often do you receive visitors and do your visitors eat when they come around?
How many times do you both eat at home per day?
Do you suspect your wife is diverting the money elsewhere?
Do you think she's extravagant or wasteful..?
.....i'm just trying to understand the situation better before i make any comment...

Yeah just food stuff and she cooks only 2 soup (Egusi and Ogbono) which doesn't even last more than 2days... I eat 2wice daily... I actually confided in a friend 2 know how much he spends in a month and he said less than 25k and he has 2 kids... Can you imagine?
Re: For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! by slimyem: 11:17pm On Oct 15, 2012
phlame:

Yeah just food stuff and she cooks only 2 soup (Egusi and Ogbono) which doesn't even last more than 2days... I eat 2wice daily... I actually confided in a friend 2 know how much he spends in a month and he said less than 25k and he has 2 kids... Can you imagine?
you didn't answer all my questions..
What do you suspect is the problem?
Do you think she's diverting the money for food?
..or do you think she's wasteful/doesn't know how yo manage?
Re: For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! by phlame(m): 11:30pm On Oct 15, 2012
slimyem: you didn't answer all my questions..
What do you suspect is the problem?
Do you think she's diverting the money for food?
..or do you think she's wasteful/doesn't know how yo manage?

We had a little argument this evening and with the way she was sounding,... I don't know what to think anymore... She said she added 10k the last months 40k making it 50k... So @ this time I'm not thinking straight... angry
Re: For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! by penelope9: 4:34am On Oct 16, 2012
Some people are just talented liars.Are you the type of man that demand that their wives put all manner of orishirishi in food and that the meat should be very big i.e egusi meat,turkey,gizard,stockfish,kpomo,snail,prawn,crayfish,croaker fish,titus fish,smoked fish,liver,shaki,round about,periwinkle,original yam powder.Then that money will not be enough compare to your friend that spend less i.e egusi,biscuit bone,fake red oil that smell,fake yam powder then the money should be enough.Haha.
Re: For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! by phlame(m): 7:34am On Oct 16, 2012
penelope9: Some people are just talented liars.Are you the type of man that demand that their wives put all manner of orishirishi in food and that the meat should be very big i.e egusi meat,turkey,gizard,stockfish,kpomo,snail,prawn,crayfish,croaker fish,titus fish,smoked fish,liver,shaki,round about,periwinkle,original yam powder.Then that money will not be enough compare to your friend that spend less i.e egusi,biscuit bone,fake red oil that smell,fake yam powder then the money should be enough.Haha.

Please who is d talented liar?
Re: For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 16, 2012
Re: For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! by agohavivi(f): 7:55am On Oct 16, 2012
phlame: With just 2 mouths 2 feed how much is enough for month? I spend 40k and she still insists its not enough... I need peoples opinion/advise because I don't know how long I can continue... angry
different stokes for different folks. My hussy makes a lot of fuss about my spending pattern. To me it would be better to raise your allowance a little more. I can't tell u much cos I don't know your income level or your neighbourhood. An expensive neighbourhood might involve a higher housekeeping allowance and a good monthly income, especially if you like being comfortable would mean you have to do better. A good pot of stew and soup would cost you at least 7k a week, by the time you include other food stuffs and cooking stuff, beverages, etc it could run into at least 15k for the week, do this 4 times, that's 60k a month. Then include electricity bills, groceries, fuel for gen and other stuffs and u know what to expect. U can also cut your coat according to your cloth and deny yourself a lot of good things and comfort just to make ends meet. All the same, 40k seems meagre to me.
Re: For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! by agohavivi(f): 7:59am On Oct 16, 2012
phlame:

your friend is a wicked men. Don't let people like him deceive you. How do u spend 25k a month on foodstuff when you have two extra mouths to feed? HABA! That's too small.

1 Like

Re: For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! by Akpunwa(f): 9:10am On Oct 16, 2012
Thanks Vivi for addressing that wicked friend. How callous can people be?
Truth is if he doesn't have a farm or buy groceries in bulk such that he spends the 25k on beverages and few perishables each month, his family is grossly undernourished.

I must warn you OP to avoid comparing ur family with another. You can work something out with your wife. Both of you can sacrifice some things to make 40k the budget. But remember prices are skyrocketing probably cos of the floods. I don't know where you live...a cup of beans for example went up gradually from 35-40-80 and now 120, and same with egusi, ogbono and all.
Re: For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! by Akpunwa(f): 9:15am On Oct 16, 2012
Thanks Vivi for addressing that wicked friend. How callous can people be?
Truth is if he doesn't have a farm or buy groceries in bulk such that he spends the 25k on beverages and few perishables each month, his family is grossly undernourished.

I must warn you OP to avoid comparing ur family with another. You can work something out with your wife. Both of you can sacrifice some things to make 40k the budget. But remember prices are skyrocketing probably cos of the floods. I don't know where you live...cos things are more expensive depending on your location. A cup measure of beans went up from 35-40-80 and now 120! It's a similar trend too for egusi, ogbono, and ALL others.
Re: For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! by ifyalways(f): 10:34am On Oct 16, 2012
phlame:

This just rubbished you and your thread ? What sort of men are we seeing these days? Men that would sit and discuss the price of atarodo,kpomo and egusi as oppossed to drawing up biz plans ? God,I thank you for what you've blessed me with.

@OP,where do you stay?Cost of foodstuffs and every other thing varies depending on where you shop even in same city.Perhaps your friends wife buys rotten pepper and tomatoes(cheaper,risky) or goes to the early morning markets to buy directly from the village women who sale at cheap wholesale prizes.
Have you eaten from your friends wife pot?have you seen the quality of soup they make?
Is your friend the type that would give their wives peanuts for feeding the family cos they barely eat from the family pot?he stops by the canteen to eat his fill and spend good money for that?

The only cure and solution is for you to take charge of the kitchen for say 1 month.Buy all the foodstuff and make sure you eat atleast twice per day at home.before you leave the house,count all the fish/meat,mark the yam and hide the bags of rice,beans et all.

If your wife is a hausfrau,what can I say?Suck it up real good baby. cheesy

1 Like

Re: For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! by Enoquin(f): 11:56am On Oct 16, 2012
The man says the food barely lasts two days...on that alone 40k is too much for two mouths...what do they eat the both of them that warrants 40k?
How many women fill their gas cookers themselves with the food money given to them? I also didn't know that electricity bill and fueling was part of food money oh

Okay what exactly does she buy...whole chicken, how many? Iced fish, how many cartons? Garri...one bag. Beef, how much? Rice, one bag. Beans, half or one bag. Yam...if they live in Lagos...Mile 12 should take care of that...if she stays in any other state...there will always be a market where she can get yams. Fresh tomatoes, how much really? Seeing that I get fresh good tomatoes 400(I don't do rotten ones) naira exclusive of peppers in uyo and then mixed with tin tomatoes...the stew takes me for two weeks.
Note that: I feed my sister...my boyfriend drops in every evening...her friends drop in to eat...and I use less than 40k per month...granted buying in whole sale could deplete your purse 'at first'...I buy in wholesale...but this means you won't have to need the same 40k/month...in fact you will have excess cash overtime...so in my own opinion...40k is okay for the both of them.
So @op...as people have suggested...try to check her budget and cash flow

1 Like

Re: For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! by phlame(m): 3:00pm On Oct 16, 2012
Enoquin: The man says the food barely lasts two days...on that alone 40k is too much for two mouths...what do they eat the both of them that warrants 40k?
How many women fill their gas cookers themselves with the food money given to them? I also didn't know that electricity bill and fueling was part of food money oh

Okay what exactly does she buy...whole chicken, how many? Iced fish, how many cartons? Garri...one bag. Beef, how much? Rice, one bag. Beans, half or one bag. Yam...if they live in Lagos...Mile 12 should take care of that...if she stays in any other state...there will always be a market where she can get yams. Fresh tomatoes, how much really? Seeing that I get fresh good tomatoes 400(I don't do rotten ones) naira exclusive of peppers in uyo and then mixed with tin tomatoes...the stew takes me for two weeks.
Note that: I feed my sister...my boyfriend drops in every evening...her friends drop in to eat...and I use less than 40k per month...granted buying in whole sale could deplete your purse 'at first'...I buy in wholesale...but this means you won't have to need the same 40k/month...in fact you will have excess cash overtime...so in my own opinion...40k is okay for the both of them.
So @op...as people have suggested...try to check her budget and cash flow

I meant the soup... Thanks anywayz... Will do... smiley
Re: For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! by phlame(m): 3:08pm On Oct 16, 2012
ifyalways: This just rubbished you and your thread ? What sort of men are we seeing these days? Men that would sit and discuss the price of atarodo,kpomo and egusi as oppossed to drawing up biz plans ? God,I thank you for what you've blessed me with.

@OP,where do you stay?Cost of foodstuffs and every other thing varies depending on where you shop even in same city.Perhaps your friends wife buys rotten pepper and tomatoes(cheaper,risky) or goes to the early morning markets to buy directly from the village women who sale at cheap wholesale prizes.
Have you eaten from your friends wife pot?have you seen the quality of soup they make?
Is your friend the type that would give their wives peanuts for feeding the family cos they barely eat from the family pot?he stops by the canteen to eat his fill and spend good money for that?

The only cure and solution is for you to take charge of the kitchen for say 1 month.Buy all the foodstuff and make sure you eat atleast twice per day at home.before you leave the house,count all the fish/meat,mark the yam and hide the bags of rice,beans et all.

If your wife is a hausfrau,what can I say?Suck it up real good baby. cheesy

undecided
Re: For the Ladies.... (Especially Married Women)... Please help!!! by Mowire: 3:52pm On Oct 16, 2012
Imagine! I came in here to see which woman wahala the women don't want men to advise them on & what do see(?), op na man! Imagine!
Anyway, oga, u no tell the ladies here which work u wife dey do? How old is ur marriage? How u been dey treat am wit money b4 u marry am? Na only fufu & garri u dey chop?
Wetin u dey complain so some men dey wey dey pray make dem do more.
Ladies advise him well b4 he scatters his home.

(1) (Reply)

Why Blame The Wives? / Shocking: Placenta Buyers On The Prowl - A Must Read / What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.