Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,128 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:08 AM

Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW (2335 Views)

Graphic Photos Of Kidnappers Shot Dead By Security Operatives In Anambra State / Picture & Names Of Kidnappers Of Osun Speaker’s Wife / Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by Xris74: 12:46am On Oct 16, 2012
I am doing this to prove that Kidnappers in LAGOS/SW ARE mostly Yorubas
Please help compile a list of all kidnappers in the SW
They have been peddling stories as usual exonerating Yorubas and blaming others
AS if we do not know the meaning of gbomogbomo

We mistakenly killed our victim •Kidnappers tell police

| Print | E-mail

Written by Olalekan Olabulo, Lagos Wednesday, 10 October 2012

alt

The suspects on parade
FOUR members of a seven-man kidnapping gang that operated in Ikorodu and neighbouring communities, and kidnapped and killed a businessman, have been arrested by the police.

The arrested suspects: Wahab Mutairu, Aderinola Olanrewaju ,Obuso Abdulfatai and Kelvin Abdul, had in September kidnapped and killed a business man identified as Akinsanya Johnson Akinlade.

They were arrested by men of the Criminal Investigation Department of the State police, during an attempt to collect three million naira ransom from the family, after the man had been butchered to death.

The police in the state were also on the trail of the runaway members of the gang, especially the leader, Sodiq alias "No face”, who was accused of killing Akinlade.

Crime & Security gathered that the whole incident started on August 31, 2012, when a gang of gunmen attacked the Akinlade family while trying to drive home into their Ibeshe, Ikorodu home.

The kidnappers forced the family into their compound and ransacked all the rooms in the building, where they not only made away with money and other valuables including: mobile phones, laptops, jewellery and other accessories, but also the breadwinner of the home.

The image maker, Lagos State Police Command, Ngozi Braide, while speaking with Crime & Security confirmed Akinlade's death and added that the police were on the trail of other members of the gang.

Braide further added that the case was initially reported at Ipakodo and that it was transferred to the CID state headquarters where the suspects were arrested.

Twenty three-year-old Mutairu, in a chat with Crime & Security, confessed that the gang actually kidnapped and killed the business man. He, however, insisted that the death was a mistake and not the plan of the gang.

Mutairu accused the run-away leader of the gang of killing the deceased Akinlade and added that the man was trying to raise an alarm when Sodiq went for his cutlass and "started cutting him in many parts of his body."

The suspect, who was described by the police as the informant to the gang, also admitted to have provided the information that led to the kidnapping and eventual death of the deceased businessman.

Mutairu, while giving an insight into the relationship between him and Sodiq blamed the whole incident on poverty. He said that he had contacted Sodiq to help him pay his due house rent, when he was introduced to the gang.

"I met Sodiq alias "No face" at a construction site in Sagamu some years ago and we got to know that both of us stayed in Ikorodu and we became friends. After that, he told me to help him look for accommodation - a flat, and I was very surprised," Mutairu said.

"In July when my house rent was about to expire and I went to him to help me pay the rent, the condition he gave me was that I should look for a wealthy man, that if I was able to get one, my problem would be solved."

"Since then, I began to monitor this man. I didn't know him but every evening, I used to see him driving big cars to his house. For three days, I monitored him and he was always coming home at about the same time,” the suspect narrated.

He further explained that "I told Sodiq and we went to the man's house, robbed them and took the man to a bush at the back of a popular church. It was there we planned to keep him and collect money from his family before Sodiq killed him."

He claimed that other members of the gang were angry with Sodiq for killing the man but added that the deceased businessman wanted to alert people in the area.

"The man did not say anything, he was cooperating with us and we had begun negotiation with the family when the killing happened. The man saw some children who were walking in the bush and he wanted to raise an alarm but Sodiq took his machete and began to matchet him," he said.

Another member of the gang, Olanrewaju, also confessed that 'No face' killed the man, even as he claimed that he had gagged the deceased businessman before Sodiq went ahead with the evil plan.

Olanrewaju said, "When the man saw some children passing nearby, he tried to shout, but I immediately blocked his mouth while 'No face' attacked him with the cutlass on him."

Olanrewaju also confessed that he had taken part in other kidnapping incidents orchestrated by the gang in the past.

He said that he had received the sum of N105, 000 from the kidnap of an official of Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) sometimes.

The Lagos State Police Command PPRO, Braide, informed Crime & Security that the suspects would be charged with murder, conspiracy and armed robbery.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/crime-a-security/48913-we-mistakenly-killed-our-victim-kidnappers-tell-police

Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by Xris74: 12:46am On Oct 16, 2012
We need the names of those (killed and arrested) who kidnapped the Osun commissioner's wife
Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by Xris74: 12:48am On Oct 16, 2012
Ondo Commissioner’s Daughter Kidnapped

By Yemi Akintomide , Correspondent, Akure

A four-man gang of stormed Akure, Ondo State capital, on Sunday evening and kidnapped the daughter of the State Commissioner for Works, Miss Yemi Omogunwa.

Omogunwa’s daughter was kidnapped along James Adegoke Street, off Oke Ijebu, a stone throw from her residence.

Eye witness account said that the 27-year-old girl and student of University of Cairo, was walking along James Adegoke street when the kidnappers accosted her led her to their waiting car which zoomed off to an unknown destination.

According to the witness account, “when I saw her discussing with a man I greeted her, but she did not respond as the boy was leading her to a car where three men were already seated and the car moved away. It pained me that she did not respond to my greetings but I didn’t know they were kidnappers.”

The source informed that when it was late in the night and she did not return, her parents called her GSM line, which had been switched off.

It was gathered that a search party was organised while the commissioner went to the police station to report the incident.

Our correspondent reliably gathered that the kidnappers called the commissioner immediately he left the police station and informed him that his daughter has been kidnapped.

They were said to have demanded for a ransom of N30 million from the commissioner before his daughter could be released.

Police Public Relations Officer, Adeniran Aremu (ASP), who confirmed the incident, said the police was working round the clock to ensure the release of the girl.

http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=8339
Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by Xris74: 12:49am On Oct 16, 2012
Police nab 4 suspected kidnappers who demanded N7m from victim’s family
•Man shot dead at filing station
By MATTHEW DIKE
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

Policemen have arrested four suspected kidnappers, in Lagos, over the weekend, after they abducted a lady, Chi Obi demanding N7 million ransom from her family.

Chi Obi was said to have been kidnapped by Akin Gbenga, Sikiru, Lanre and Matthew. The suspects were arrested in a hotel (name withheld) along Iba- Igando Road, Lagos.

Chi was kidnapped Along ASPANDA Road, Igando, Lagos. The suspects allegedly demanded for N7 million from the victim’s family. Policemen attached to Federal Highway Team got a tip off and moved swiftly to the scene and effected the arrested of the hoodlums.

Daily Sun gathered that the Obis were planning how to pay the ransom to save one of their own when the crime fighters arrived the scene.

The family thanked God immediately their daughter was set free. A police source at the Lagos State Police Command Headquarters, Ikeja told Daily Sun that one of the elders in the family showered encomium on the police. According to him, he never expected that the police could be able to rescue their relation.
In another development, suspected gunmen who operated in a Pathfinder Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) shot one Man dead in the metropolis, at the weekend.

The deceased identified as Raimi Abiodun was shot at a filing station (name withheld) on Market Road, Ayobo. The incident which occurred at about 9:00pm caused pandemonium in the area. People scamperedfor safety.
The cause of the killing was not known as at the time of going to the press. A source said the deceased was shot at close range.
He said immediately people heard the gun shot, everybody took to their heels. “They killed him just like that. Nobody can tell the reason for the shooting of the man. He was shot dead in cold blood. They came in a white Pathfinder. Police arrived late.

They chased the criminals and also rushed the victim to a nearby hospital. That’s all I can tell you. He was rushed to a nearby hospital but unfortunately he died on the way to the hospital,” he said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/nov/29/national-29-11-2011-0030.html
Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by Xris74: 12:50am On Oct 16, 2012
PM NEWS

/2011/11/25/

Alleged Kidnappers Docked print

Abibatu Sanusi, 39, and Aibano Ayotunde, 49, were on Friday arraigned before a Yaba Magistrates’ Court, Lagos, over alleged unlawful confining and depriving the liberty of one Blessing Ukeh.

The Prosecutor, Mr. James Okorie, told the court that the accused persons sometime in May, 2011, at Ayoredex Medical Centre, 66, Boladale St., conspired to confine 18-year old Ukeh by locking her up.

Okorie said that the accused persons had deprived the victim of her liberty by forcefully detaining her in an uncompleted building with intent to obtain money from her parents.

He said Ukeh was confined in the building for one week and that she was traumatised to the extent of attempting suicide by drinking a substance suspected to be petrol.

Okorie said following police investigation, the accused persons were arrested and detained.

He said the offence was contrary to Sections 517, 365 and 327 of the Criminal Code.

The accused persons pleaded not guilty to the charge.

Counsel to the accused persons, Mr. Olarenwaju Ayo, applied for their bail.

Magistrate Paul Ojo, granted them bail in the sum of N250, 000 and one surety in like sum each, and adjourned the case to December 14 for trial.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/11/25/alleged-kidnappers-docked/
Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by Xris74: 11:00am On Oct 16, 2012
Why are you Yoruba cyber urchins avoiding this thread like a plague grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by geeez: 12:12pm On Oct 16, 2012
Nigeria: 938 Persons Kidnapped Since 2008 in South East - CD
Tagged:
Legal AffairsNigeriaWest Africa
17 AUGUST 2012
Comment
No fewer than 938 prominent sons and daughters of the South East zone are alleged to have been kidnapped between January 2008 and August 2012, a civil society group, Campaign for Democracy (CD), has said.

Police authorities, however, disagreed with the figures, saying it was the figment of the imagination of the group that released the figures.

In a statement signed by Mr Uzor Uzor and Dr Jerry Chukwuokolo, the CD chairman and secretary respectively in the South East, said the kidnapped persons paid ransoms said to be valued at about N1.2 billion during the period.

The statement also said that kidnappers collected substantial amounts from their victims ranging from N5 million to N30 million per individual.

"Anambra State has the highest incidence of kidnapping of 273 persons, especially within the commercial axis of Onitsha and Nnewi. And it is happening at a constant rate for over five years now.

"Imo State with the current up-surge in kidnapping incidence has recorded 265 cases, while its residence is living in heightened fear.

"Abia follows behind with 215 persons so far; although the incidences of kidnapping had continued to reduce for some months now after the death of a notorious kidnapper called Osisikankwu.

"Enugu has recorded 95 cases in the past five years. However, the state has recorded the highest in abduction of government officials.

"Ebonyi is the least of all the five states in the South-east. It has recorded 90 cases so far officially. However, apart from kidnapping the state is laden with communal crisis," it said.

The statement maintained that there was a need to take decisive actions to checkmate the spate of kidnapping in the zone.

"One practical way of doing it is the demolition of established structures or buildings used by kidnappers to advance their operations.

"The governors in the zone must work in synergy to address the issue of security and draft laws that would stiffen the penalties for kidnapping and other related offences," the CD said.

The group gave the South-east governors' forum till the end of October 2012 to address the up-surge in kidnapping and restore the confidence of foreign investors to the zone.

Contacted, the Deputy Force Public Relations Officer, CSP Frank Mba, described CD's figures as a figment of their imagination.

He told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the police was the statutory authority to issue the number of persons kidnapped in an area.

He, however, raised some questions over the CD's statement: "What is the source of their information? What is the methodology of obtaining the figures? Do the CD work with the kidnappers or did the kidnappers render account to them?"

"Not until they verify from the police, the figures and the amount they gave make no sense," Mba said.
Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by Xris74: 12:17pm On Oct 16, 2012
^^^^^^I do not care about kidnapping in the SE and SS because those people are not in denial but have been trying to solve it. Read the talking point of this thread. I am interesting in reminding you Yoruba deniers that worse kidnappings go on in the SW; many are unreported deliberately by Yoruba press; many are falsely blamed on others, while many other kidnapping incidences happen in remote villages and therefore go unnoticed. Can you define what gbomogbomo means and its frequency of occurrence in the SW? Can you tell us the history of gbmogbomo? With the spate of human ritualism in the SW, 10s of 1000s have been killed by ritual kidnappers unnoticed.
Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by geeez: 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2012
Xris74: ^^^^^^I do not care about kidnapping in the SE and SS because those people are not in denial but have been trying to solve it. Read the talking point of this thread. I am interesting in reminding you Yoruba deniers that worse kidnappings go on in the SW; many are unreported deliberately by Yoruba press; many are falsely blamed on others, while many other kidnapping incidences happen in remote villages and therefore go unnoticed. Can you define what gbomogbomo means and its frequency of occurrence in the SW? Can you tell us the history of gbmogbomo? With the spate of human ritualism in the SW, 10s of 1000s have been killed by ritual kidnappers unnoticed.

You're just illusioned. All kidnappings in the SW are reported and if you have the privilege of owning a blackberry or signed on twitter, you would have noticed that every person that got kidnapped was displayed as someone's avatar or had his or her picture tweeted and retweeted.

You're just a sorry case I must say
Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by Xris74: 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2012
geeez:

You're just illusioned. All kidnappings in the SW are reported and if you have the privilege of owning a blackberry or signed on twitter, you would have noticed that every person that got kidnapped made was displayed as someone's avatar or had his or her picture tweeted and retweeted.

You're just a sorry case I must say

Buhahahaha! You mean all the secret gbomogbomo which also involves Yoruba Obas killing people for Oro rituals are reported? Reported by whom? You are deluded, dude.
Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by geeez: 12:26pm On Oct 16, 2012
Xris74:

Buhahahaha! You mean all the secret gbomogbomo which also involves Yoruba Obas killing people for Oro rituals are reported? Reported by whom? You are deluded, dude.

Once again you're illusioned. People get missing everywhere and don't let me post figures of ritual killings in the SE. Only in the SE was a shrine that had more than 50 corpses uncovered. It will just break your heart but brb
Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by Xris74: 12:32pm On Oct 16, 2012
geeez:

Once again you're illusioned. People get missing everywhere and don't let me post figures of ritual killings in the SE. It will just break your heart but brb

You can post whatever you like. Other people are not in denial and can account for all missing persons in their domain as your post shows. In your case, you cover up and/or blame others. How many human beings do you dispatch to the grave during Oro? How about your Obas who eat human flesh to qualify to ascend the throne? See here https://www.nairaland.com/349159/know-cannibalism-practiced-ascend-throne

What is gbomogbomo? When did it start?
Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
Apparently..you have load of free time this morning on your hand....enjoy yourself grin
Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by slimming: 12:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
Poor guys
Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by Xris74: 12:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
ilugunboy: Apparently..you have load of free time this morning on your hand....enjoy yourself grin

Yes, I am writing from my crib in VI, no work today. Please don't come to kill me oh!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by demmie1: 1:01pm On Oct 16, 2012
Xris74:

Yes, I am writing from my crib in VI, no work today. Please don't come to kill me oh!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Sharrap! you are not in VI, you are in Ajegunle...pathetic liar.
Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by Xris74: 1:15pm On Oct 16, 2012
demmie1:
Sharrap! you are not in VI, you are in Ajegunle...pathetic liar.

Where is Ajegunle? In Mars or Jupiter?

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by Aderostock(m): 1:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
Xris or what do you call yourself? You are living comfortably in yorubaland, can u live like that in your kidnapping den of your South-West?
Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 16, 2012
Xris74: ^^^^^^I do not care about kidnapping in the SE and SS because those people are not in denial but have been trying to solve it. Read the talking point of this thread. I am interesting in reminding you Yoruba deniers that worse kidnappings go on in the SW; many are unreported deliberately by Yoruba press; many are falsely blamed on others, while many other kidnapping incidences happen in remote villages and therefore go unnoticed. Can you define what gbomogbomo means and its frequency of occurrence in the SW? Can you tell us the history of gbmogbomo? With the spate of human ritualism in the SW, 10s of 1000s have been killed by ritual kidnappers unnoticed.

grin grin grin
Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by LocalChamp: 3:51pm On Oct 16, 2012
How we rescued Osun Speaker’s wife, by Ogun CP

Posted by: Nwokolo Ernest, Ogun Posted date: October 16, 2012 In: Featured, News | comment : 26

Ogun State Commissioner of Police Ikemefuna Okoye yesterday narrated how Mrs. Muibat Salaam, wife of Osun State House of Assembly Speaker Najeem Salaam, was rescued from her abductors.

Mrs. Salaam was abducted last Tuesday in Ejigbo, Osun State, by gunmen.

She was rescued on Saturday in Ogunmakin, Obafemi Owode Local Government Area of Ogun State.

Speaking with reporters while parading the suspected kidnappers in Eleweran, the Command Headquarters, Okoye said members of the Vigilance Services of Ogun (VSO) noticed the suspicious movement of the kidnappers and their victim and alerted the police.

He said the Fidiwo Police Division deployed men of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) and plain-clothed policemen in the area, where the suspects were hiding in the bush.

Okoye said: “My men moved into the bush and engaged the suspects in a gun duel, killing one of them. Four were apprehended and the others ran away with bullet wounds.

“It was after we rescued the victim that she told us who she was. Let the record be set straight that the police carried out the rescue operation.”

The suspects are Chukwuma Usifo (28), Chukwudi Okereke (25), Ogbole Elijah and Okonkwo Lucky (27).

Items recovered from the suspects include two AK 47 rifles and four magazines with 87 rounds of ammunition.

Okoye praised members of the VSO for providing information that led to the arrest of the suspects and the rescue of Mrs. Salaam, who has been reunited with her family.

He urged the public to be security-conscious and always alert security agencies when they notice suspicious movements.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/how-we-rescued-osun-speakers-wife-by-ogun-cp/

Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by geeez: 4:58pm On Oct 16, 2012

Okay now we know who the kidnappers in the South West are
Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by dayokanu(m): 5:17pm On Oct 16, 2012
Is this a surprise?

Normally kidnappers in the SW should be from the SW, But when Igbos come to the SW to commit crime like those animals who killed Cynthia Osukogu

Clifford orji who was eating people

Now these ppl who kidnapped the Osun Speaker are Igbos

Igbos is your region not enough for your crimes? WHy bring it to the SW
Re: Compilation Of Names Of Kidnappers In The SW by Osiris211: 5:38pm On Oct 16, 2012
99% of kidnappers in Nigeria are ibos.

(1) (Reply)

Rich Robbers, Kidnap Kingpins Are Biggest Investors In Anambra State / 2015 Elections: Jonathan’ll Win Re-election, Says Primate Ayodele / Stella Odua On FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.