Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

How Reliable Is Mazda Millenia? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is Mazda Millenia? (4473 Views)

Is Mazda MPV Prone To Auto Gear Problems? / Vibration And Jerking Problem With Mazda Millenia / How Reliable Are Hyundai Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Reliable Is Mazda Millenia? by drkay(m): 5:53am On Oct 16, 2012
Hello everyone, Pls I need your advice. I saw a Tokunbo Mazda millenia for 700k, the dealer is my frnd and he said dat was the total amount he spent on it, he actually offered to sell it for me when I showed interest in it, I dont really have good knowledge about cars though.pls I want to know if this is a good deal or if I can get something better in that price range. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Mazda Millenia? by drkay(m): 8:13am On Oct 17, 2012
Oga oo, nt even a single advice in the last 24 hrs.
Re: How Reliable Is Mazda Millenia? by Flexskillz(m): 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2012
What year is the millenia? Had a similar offer sometime last year for 600k tokunbo o. Wasn't too sure so i didn't follow up on the deal. I spoke with a friend though recently and his claim was that its a good car with cheap maintenance and running cost.
Make dem Sienna reply na. You guys are the Auto experts here.
Re: How Reliable Is Mazda Millenia? by drkay(m): 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2012
Flexskillz: What year is the millenia? Had a similar offer sometime last year for 600k tokunbo o. Wasn't too sure so i didn't follow up on the deal. I spoke with a friend though recently and his claim was that its a good car with cheap maintenance and running cost.
Make dem Sienna reply na. You guys are the Auto experts here.

Thank you vry much sir, its 2001 model.
Re: How Reliable Is Mazda Millenia? by tampa1871: 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2012
If this car is in excellent condition, I will say go for it. Mazda is the most undervalued car, and they are very reliable and durable.
Re: How Reliable Is Mazda Millenia? by Flexskillz(m): 7:13pm On Oct 17, 2012
Same bargain i got. Hope its иot the same car sha. Lol. But seriously i think mazda cars come cheap and easy to mentain. They are just undervalued. So you might want to consider it. All the best.
You can also look it up @ edmunds.com.

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Mazda Millenia? by proo212(m): 9:24pm On Oct 17, 2012
As someone who ran Xedos 9 in the UK up until last month, I'll bite. What model year is the Mazda? Is it a normal aspirated car or Miller Cycle Engine (Supercharged)? You need to be able to answer these questions before I can advice you.

If looked after like they are supposed to, the normal 2.5v6 can be looked after by Naija mechanics, the supercharged one, I will tell you run a mile. I had the supercharged one and they are very quick. A bit heavy on the juice but not many mechanics even in the UK couldn't work on it.. Putting it back together again after even a cam belt or plug change can be a nightmare for the UK, how much more Naija. (Only the Millennia S}

Another thing, parts are getting relatively scarce for these cars as well..

My 2 cents.

Any more questions, feel free to ask. I will post pictures of the one I sold last month. I sold a perfectly good car to someone who only wanted the Supercharger because he couldn't buy one new.
Re: How Reliable Is Mazda Millenia? by domack99(m): 7:23am On Oct 19, 2012
I used Mazda Millenia 2002 Model with V6 engine, i think they all come with V6 engine. Mazdas are strong car and have very nice interior compare to Toyota but for this Millenia in particular the company stop the production of Millenia model since 2002 so the part are scarce and i will sincerely tell you that Millenia are very expensive to maintain. Getting a mechanic to work on it and get a satisfactory result is very difficult i must tell you. Its a good car and very heavy too but if you don't have much money to play around with, then i will tell you to stay away.

Check some of my previous post,you will see some of the problem am battling with presently, though the car is still moving but i must tell you i have spent quite a lot of cash on it with little or no improvement.

We imported two of that car from US and both of US are still battling with one problem or the other.

If you need further advice, you can let me know.

Also note; if the the car is not 2002 Model then its expensive for that price. If its 2002 Model and its a Nigerian used its also expensive for that price
Re: How Reliable Is Mazda Millenia? by zylkenny(m): 7:17am On Oct 20, 2012
Mazda millenias are truly spectacular cars. Mazda car are generally undervalued, but in recent times, it getting the attention it deserves. Mazda 323f, mazda 626, mazda 6, mazda 3 to mention just a few. I've driven an audi, toyota and now a mazda 6 and I tell u that mazdas are reliable cars. I also haven't had any problem with mine thus far. But I'd prefer u went for a mazda 626. U can get it at a slightly cheaper price and d parts are everywhere.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Mazda Millenia? by xedos9: 12:11am On Dec 29, 2015
Hello,i own a Mazda xedos 9, but i have been having a lot of problem with, especially each time i use the car, it get overheating, i change tukumbo engine and gear, the same problem continues,if the car work about 30mins, it will start boilling real well, water will be coming out from reserved water tanks host,and after the water pur away the temperature will get to the end high.

I have been looking for someone who knows about the car very well that can help me solve a lot of problems in that car.i will be appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Buying A Car For The First Time, Please Advice Me / What Kind Of Car Can One Get For 2m / Users Review/advice On Mitsubishi Outlander 2004

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.