Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? (5087 Views)

Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / IPMAN Begs NNPC For Petrol At Port Harcourt Depots / IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by heykims(m): 11:49am On Oct 18, 2012
FrontPageLawyer: Why Are Filling Stations Still Selling Petrol At N110?

Why?
why re d taskforce workers not doing their job??
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by lacasa: 11:52am On Oct 18, 2012
taharqa: Are you not bn really foo.lish as usual? How can govt remove subsidy in order to protect the 'cabals'? If the govt really wantd these so-calld 'cabals' to continue to hv access to free money( subsidy), wouldnt d govt be fighting to keep the conditn of Economic rent that it met so that their 'cabal friends' wud continue to fleece d nation just as they hv bn doing since d time of Obj? Why did the President put his then considerable political capital on d line in order to cut d source of the 'free money' from the 'cabal' thieves if he wantd to keep supporting these same 'cabals'. Your stu.pid reasoning is akin to saying that dis govt removing Fertilizer subsidy that have always bn paid to 'political farmers' who never supply d fertilizers to d real farmers anyways, and which was d main source of corruptn in d Min of Agric for years, but instead now pays it directly to the farmers themselves is somehow a way of supporting those same 'cabals' in that ministry.... Logic needs to be reintroducd in our primary and secondary schools i swear; sm ppl are literate but barely educated

Ɣou obviously dnt кnoω wat the hell u're claiming knowledge about!.

No need to go into arguments wt Mofos undecided
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by logica(m): 11:56am On Oct 18, 2012
logica: @Gidi_Traffic To Report any Fuel Station Selling above 97 naira/ Litre pls call 08058298857 or 07038882720.

http://m.tmi.me/xW28Z
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by fm7070: 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2012
this is getting so serious
let's accept this subsidy removal and let's move on.
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2012
what/ 125 or 110 cry cry
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by coalcoal1(m): 12:59pm On Oct 18, 2012
FrontPageLawyer: Why Are Filling Stations Still Selling Petrol At N110?

Why?

If u ask me, na who I go ask?
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 18, 2012
Many people are effectively buying the fuel at about N140. Reason: Many petrol stations hav adjusted the pump. I personally conducted a research in my area in Ogun State buying fuel from 5 different filling stations and comparing the volume sold against standard litre. My findings:
Filling Station:
A - about 0.80 litre sold as 1 litre @ N110
B - about 0.70 litre sold as 1 litre @ N110
C - about 0.80 litre sold as 1 litre @ N110
D - about 0.85 litre sold as 1 litre @ N120
E - about. 0.75 litre sold as 1 liter @ N110

If you bought a litre @ N110 in 'B', you are buying @ 1.30 x N110 = N143
If you bought a litre @ N120 in 'D', you are buying @
1.15 x N120 = N138
If you bought a litre @ N110 in 'C', you are buying @
1.20 x N110 = N132

I usually buy my fuel in 'D'? Am I crazy! Why not 'C
'?
A further investigation revealed that net gain from fuel efficiency of 'D'is more than the monetary gain of 'C'.
Shine ur eyes not only the prices are different but also the volume and fuel efficiency
Measurement aparatus : transparent keg with inscribed measure

1 Like

Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by Josh316(m): 1:43pm On Oct 18, 2012
nezer76: There is this pumping station called Altas cope on d Nigeria water sea , this facility is responsible for d supply of petroleum product to d five loading depot within south west(System 2b)it was reported therefore an eruption occure on the line 2 d installatin. Base on dis fact a team of enginer frm the NNPC were deployed there for it quick restoration and unlucky 4 them they were confronted by gunfires from petroleum vandals who initially occassion the breakage. Two of the engineers died instanly while the rest held hostage with d corpse of d decease unrelased. This led to the unavailability of the product in the government owed depot and subsequently open large market for the private owned depot in lagos who are not oblige to sell this product at NNPC fixed price to independent marketers. To this end the whole bulk of fault is on the govt not the marketers at various service station, for they buy above the 97 pump price frm these private depot excludin transport cost to their fillin stations. In conclusion govt shld deploy arm military personnels to d location of this facility 4 adequate security frm d vandals and award handsome compenstion to d family of d deceses so as to enable PENGASAN commence repair on d erupted lines.

WTF?!?!?! Is this supposed to be English or is this the new FRENCH angry
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2012
Josh316:

WTF?!?!?! Is this supposed to be English or is this the new FRENCH angry
Get the info and leave the grammar.

1 Like

Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by dayokanu(m): 4:37pm On Oct 18, 2012
Thats the FRESH AIR Retardeen Jonathan promised us
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by mercurie(f): 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2012
Sijo01: Still 97 in my state. Any marketer that sells above that will have his/her station sealed up.

And which state is dat?
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by Sijo01(f): 5:57pm On Oct 18, 2012
mercurie:

And which state is dat?

Edo State, ma!
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by ahabdullahi(m): 7:43pm On Oct 18, 2012
today i bought it at N125 per litre in kano state.
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by lacasa: 8:14pm On Oct 18, 2012
dayokanu: Thats the FRESH AIR Retardeen Jonathan promised us

gringringrin
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by ModestSam(m): 1:27am On Oct 19, 2012
I've been buying petrol @ N140 in Honey petrol station on Ring road, Ibadan for the past 2 months. i think the price has been secretly changed to N110/ltr without any presidential announcement.
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by manpo2k(m): 7:29am On Oct 19, 2012
It is N120 here in Uyo. But, wait oo! I recently had this BB broadcast that petrol stations selling above N97 should be reported to a particular phone number as stated in the broadcast! Is that real? Who do I report MOPOL to?
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by nezer76(m): 6:36pm On Oct 19, 2012
Wadosky:
NNPC came out after the incident claiming they have enough fuel to last for months.

the annoucement came b4 the incident not after. The artifical sarcity started wit a protest by d relatives of d deceased engineers leadin 2 a strike 4m PENGASsAN after which it was discovered dat d whole product in d storage has been siphoned. Eevn after d repairs we shld still be expectin more of d sarcity cos d yet to be paid subsidy fund of d importers issue is yet 2 be resolved by d FG.
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by soundtruth(m): 7:09pm On Oct 19, 2012
The subsidy should be removed and let us all move forward, this one they are collecting subsidy and still selling at a high price.

1 Like

Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by sirblend: 1:03pm On Mar 10
heykims:

why re d taskforce workers not doing their job??

Hello Doctor!

Sorry to quote you at this time...

I read on one of your post where you hinted that you have managed a lot of sickle patients..

I am genotype AA and in love with a lady who is of the SS genotype... I also want to marry her..

I am confused because I have no idea about what it would be like if I end up marrying her...

The lady is over 25 years and looks strong.
I have known her for over 6 months and I think she had a crisis about 3 months ago...

What should I know about marrying a lady of genotype SS...
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by 4Play(m): 1:57pm On Mar 10
There were at least 2 comments on that first page speaking highly of Venezuela. This was in 2012.

Look what happened to Venezuela shortly after and what is happening to Nigeria now:

Venezuela is introducing economic reforms including new banknotes that lop five zeros off its fast-depreciating currency as the country battles hyperinflation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/20/venezuela-bolivars-hyperinflation-banknotes
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by santopelele(m): 2:15pm On Mar 10
APC HWFA NAH
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by nairalanda1(m): 2:21pm On Mar 10
FrontPageLawyer:
Why Are Filling Stations Still Selling Petrol At N110?

Why?

Because the money budgeted for subsidy was not enough, so marketers had to increase prices to stay ahead.
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by gratiaeo(m): 2:21pm On Mar 10
APC failed government supporters will not like to see this thread
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by nairalanda1(m): 2:23pm On Mar 10
takedat:
I see this more as a sabotage from government with the oil marketers as collaborators. Were are the refineries GEJ n Diezani bragged about pre election time and the deal they signed with Vulcan plus those given license to operate private refineries? Nothing is explicitly allocated for the PSF scheme in the 2013 budget. This looks more like a decoy from government to renege on its promise to put palliative measures on ground before privatising.

Who was going to invest in new refineries when fuel was still being subsidised.
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by nairalanda1(m): 2:24pm On Mar 10
COOLDUN:
There is nothing like Subsidy at the first place, let the GEJ government go the Venezuela and borrow a leaf on how they make their price at that lowest rate.GEJ led federal government has vowed to starve Nigeria poor masses to death, in the best interest and benefit of the cabals. No one is hearing about the Fuel Subsidy criminals any more. Nigerians should expect more of the hard times ahead as he will stop at nothing to shoot up the price of fuel to 250 Naira per liter by next year. This is really bad luck for Nigeria.

LOL....Venezuela lowered fuel prices and the result was damaged refining capacity, and massive loss of money via smuggling, and a currency that is basically trash. Dollar is now the currency of venezuela.

Keeping subsidy is a nice way to wreck your refineries and economy
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by nairalanda1(m): 2:28pm On Mar 10
lacasa:
Failed govt Failed state.

Wen other oil producing countries r selling petrol below N20 ..Venezuala having d lowest @ approximately N3

We, are here lagging behind amidst plenty

With d biggest fool as a President who removed partial subsidy to protect his Cabal sponsors

God forbid this kind of people we ave in ds country angry

Well, Venezuela ten years later makes NIgeria look like a paradise.

Keeping fuel cheap when it is already too expensive to refine the crude...is a nice way of getting into debt.

And plain wrecking your refineries, economy, and losing 18 billion dollars to smuggling.
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by nairalanda1(m): 2:33pm On Mar 10
4Play:
There were at least 2 comments on that first page speaking highly of Venezuela. This was in 2012.

Look what happened to Venezuela shortly after and what is happening to Nigeria now:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/20/venezuela-bolivars-hyperinflation-banknotes

Good old Venezuela, paying the price for heavy subsides.
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by heykims(m): 5:41pm On Mar 10
sirblend:

Hello Doctor!

Sorry to quote you at this time...

I read on one of your post where you hinted that you have managed a lot of sickle patients..

I am genotype AA and in love with a lady who is of the SS genotype... I also want to marry her..

I am confused because I have no idea about what it would be like if I end up marrying her...

The lady is over 25 years and looks strong.
I have known her for over 6 months and I think she had a crisis about 3 months ago...

What should I know about marrying a lady of genotype SS...
HbSS people too have too find loves na.
The campaign is against having SS children, so she's got a perfect match.
Liberal fluid intake, avoidance of stress, regular haematinics and malaria preventive drugs, regular hospital check-ups are all precautions.
Re: Filling Stations Are Selling Petrol At N110: Why? by sirblend: 6:32pm On Mar 10
heykims:

HbSS people too have too find loves na.
The campaign is against having SS children, so she's got a perfect match.
Liberal fluid intake, avoidance of stress, regular haematinics and malaria preventive drugs, regular hospital check-ups are all precautions.

Thanks Sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tony Nwulu Conferred With Best African Youth Friendly Legislative Bill Award / Leaked Video Of Ize-iyamu Lamenting About Governor Wike’s Presence During Collat / Nnamdi KANU Establish Eastern Security Network Biafra - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.