Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members (4860 Views)

We’ll Replace Buhari In 2019; Nothing Will Stop Us, PDP Chairman, Sheriff, Vows / Amaechi’s Screening: Saraki, APC Betrayed Us – PDP Senators / You Can’t Blackmail, Intimidate Us — PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by BlackMamba2: 12:11pm On Oct 18, 2012
The Peoples Democratic Party on Wednesday asked its members to refrain from further embarrassing the party with unguarded comments.

Speaking after the party’s National Working Committee, which held at its national headquarters in Abuja, the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Chief Olisa Metuh, also announced the dissolution of the Adamawa State executive committee of the party.

The sacked executive was headed by Mr. Minjiyawa Kugama, who is said to be from the same ward with the Governor of the State, Mr. Muritala Nyako.

Metuh said, “The NWC exhaustively discussed and frowned at the disagreeable trend where members of the party elected and appointed into federal positions engage in utterances and actions that portray the PDP in bad light and as having no unity of purpose.

“We wish to emphasise that our manifesto as well as our constitution are abundantly clear on the need for all party members, especially the elected representatives of the people, to be on the same page at all times in order to ease the realisation of our policies and programmes for the benefit of the people.

“We therefore warn that the party will invoke the full weight of its disciplinary measures on any erring member who further brings the party to disrepute.”

Asked if the action of the party was directed at the members of the National Assembly, especially the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Alhaji Aminu Tambuwal, who openly criticised President Goodluck Jonathan when the latter presented the 2013 budget at the National Assembly last week, Metuh said no.

Rather, he said the party took the decision in order to instil discipline in its members, adding that the era of party members, both elected and appointed, openly abusing themselves on issues that could be resolved at the party level was over.

The Senate President, David Mark, had described the budget proposal as a mere estimate, Tambuwal on the other hand had criticised the President for what he called the poor implementation of the 2012 budget.

http://www.punchng.com/news/stop-embarrassing-us-pdp-tells-members/
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by pingo(m): 12:40pm On Oct 18, 2012
We are watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by sunkoye: 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2012
the carpet now get lumpy when they kept sweeping everytin under carpet! angry
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by acidtalk: 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2012
it is actually PDP TO JONATHAN : STOP EMBARRASSING YOURSELF and DISGRACING US

2 Likes

Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2012
Hmmm, and I thought the reverse should be the case.

As in, Members to PDP Leaders : STOP embarrasing Us.

Especially those elected into office. angry

Gracious God. angry

1 Like

Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by amosy007: 12:47pm On Oct 18, 2012
The name PDP on its own means Embarrasment..

It should be added to a dictionary..

Pdp: means national embarrassment,

or the act of syphoning public fund with impunity by untouchable cabals

how to apply: dnt pdp me in front of these foreigners

or let us pdped dis money

2 Likes

Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by 1800bc(f): 12:48pm On Oct 18, 2012
acidtalk: it is actually PDP [b]TO JONATHAN : STOP EMBARRASSING YOURSELF and DISGRACING US[/b]

Sometime your comment seems like u were overdosed on urine or something...haba!

3 Likes

Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by thelastPope(m): 12:49pm On Oct 18, 2012
acidtalk: it is actually PDP TO JONATHAN : STOP EMBARRASSING YOURSELF and DISGRACING US

Don't give yourself hypertension for Jonathan's headache oh! Your rants are insignificant no matter how hard you try or shout. Even having 200 accounts on NL will not affect GEJ. You are the one that will require panadol extra at the end of the day! Hatred is bad for your health!
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by acidtalk: 12:50pm On Oct 18, 2012
1800bc:

Sometime your comment seems like u were overdosed on urine or something...haba!
You guessed right.
That's because you haven't brought your mouth over to drain it all off today.
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by reeeT(f): 12:51pm On Oct 18, 2012
acidtalk: it is actually PDP TO JONATHAN : STOP EMBARRASSING YOURSELF and DISGRACING US
t[b][/b]This would have made a better headline.PDP and their wahala,we are all watching shocked
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by 1800bc(f): 12:59pm On Oct 18, 2012
acidtalk: You guessed right.
That's because you haven't brought your mouth over to drain it all off today.

i guessed as much...empty upstairs and s.ex starved at the same time...and relieving the stress online...Go help urself kid .U reek!!!
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by chymystique(f): 1:01pm On Oct 18, 2012
Who Cares??
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by mallorca(m): 1:02pm On Oct 18, 2012
more problem to this party
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by Demdem(m): 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2012

On point. He should also stop lying.
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by Omen100(m): 1:13pm On Oct 18, 2012
loosed institution grin grin grin
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by Dpeacemaker101: 1:15pm On Oct 18, 2012
But Metu was saying the right thing, cause the speaker and senate president were making fools of themselves even when they had not gone through the budget being presented to the house. It's never a disgrace, he is just trying to put his house in order unlike the ACN people who are rogues and armed bandits.
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by divatosin(f): 1:16pm On Oct 18, 2012
It is understandable that PDP which is the largest political party in Africa will have little problems and unguarded utterances from some of its members.
It's easier to manage a nuclear family of 5 like ACN Than to manage a polygamous family of 27 like the PDP.
But thatnothwitstanding, I still cherish the Political values of PDP than the dictatorial tendencies of Tinubu and ACN.

In PDP, there is equal opportunity for growth and expression of opinions unlike ACN. no body coughs in ACN. TINUBU calls the shots, plays the piper, dictates the tunes, and even force people to like the tune. So absurd.
Look at how he imposed Akeredolu on ACN in Ondo because Mimiko failed to reward him for doling out millions of pounds to bribe Salami
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by Zutchy: 1:22pm On Oct 18, 2012
If only the law that if you leave a political party,you automatically forfeit the seat you won under that party,could be enforced in Nigeria,so many of these politicians of today would coordinate themselves in a more appropriate manner and respect party laws.
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by Dollarman101: 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2012
Moderator you are a very biased person, how come this post is on the first page, meanwhile the post on ACN is still where it is. Jus tell us you are working for ACN and Sahara reporters and not being a fair player, so that we can know our stand on this forum. Thank you.
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by free2ryhme: 1:33pm On Oct 18, 2012
watching and waiting as i soak my cup of garri

1 Like

Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by Gorillaunit: 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2012
Sincerely I don't understand the news on this post, cause party officials decided to caution there members for wrong behaviors when they go astray. For the OP and moderator, you guys should view topics without sentiments.
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by bubadaniel13: 2:06pm On Oct 18, 2012
I thought its a good thing to call party members to order,PDP is mostly criticise but as I am concern even though I am apolitical it is the only party we have in Nigeria,all the rest are just associations under the whims and caprices of individuals who are Demi gods,nobody dares call them to order...I think it's a good move by the PDP leadership.
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by juman(m): 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2012
PDP stinks. Hiss.

Mimiko for sure.
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by Arobam: 3:04pm On Oct 18, 2012
If party leaders fail to discipline their members, I don't know who will. The responsibility of cautioning or disciplining any errant member of a party lies solely at the discretion of the leadership of the party.
It is indicative of the strong institution that PDP has built over the years that the NWC could sanction erring party members. It is the practice in political parties globally.
I don't have a problem with Metuh's statement. However, I'm deeply concerned about a situation whereby one dictator-Tinubu will decide everything in a political party.
I don't think I have ever seen the NWC or NEC of ACN sit to resolve on far reaching resolutions on their party like PDP.
It is always Tinubu that decides for ACN. very unfortunate
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by Naijagunner83: 3:06pm On Oct 18, 2012
This is purely the internal affair of a political party which seeks to enthrone a greater degree of discipline, cohesion and loyalty among her members. Frankly I don't understand the hullabaloo about the statement but I reckon the PDP so big that the opposition is quick to gloat over the slightest sign of discord. Shame on you haters. The PDP is Africa's biggest party and will remain so for ever
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by slimming: 3:53pm On Oct 18, 2012
juman: PDP stinks. Hiss.

Mimiko for sure.

supported
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by Zutchy: 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2012
Arobam: If party leaders fail to discipline their members, I don't know who will. The responsibility of cautioning or disciplining any errant member of a party lies solely at the discretion of the leadership of the party.
It is indicative of the strong institution that PDP has built over the years that the NWC could sanction erring party members. It is the practice in political parties globally.
I don't have a problem with Metuh's statement. However, I'm deeply concerned about a situation whereby one dictator-Tinubu will decide everything in a political party.
I don't think I have ever seen the NWC or NEC of ACN sit to resolve on far reaching resolutions on their party like PDP.
It is always Tinubu that decides for ACN. very unfortunate
You should not even be comparing the two parties in any way whatsoever,PDP might have some erring members who just refuse to follow party regulation,but that is the indices of fair play and party democracy,unlike the ACN which is a one man show,imagine Tinubu opening his mouth in this modern age to acknowledge that yes he is a Godfather but a positive one,did nobody tell him that this is the 21st century,WE DO NOT DO GODFATHERISM NO MORE.shikenah
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by ubandire(m): 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2012
On point. He should also stop lying.[/quote]DemDem

Funny enough DEMDEM the cowardly hypocrite is here.You have not found it worthy commenting on the development that ur party and it's leader(s),but u are so fast to jump on this particular
one and as usual come up with ur blind critiscism over an issue u would have been applauding the ruling party once for practising internal democracy once again,by cautioning it's members when necessary,which is very alien to ur ACN.

The fact is that your Principals are faltering day by day thereby making ur work harder,I've noticed ur conspicuous absence from very important posts that have bordered on how Nigerians have been misled by people 'we' had thought were saints.

Now that I've seen u here some of these have been trending,what's ur take on them:
DR JOE ODUMAKIN's ALLEGATION OF THE ROMANCE BETWEEN ACN AND AYO SALAMI&HYPOCRISY AND LIES OF LAI MOHAMMED
THE SAHARA REPORTERS MANY LIES most recently THE FIRST LADY HOAX
TINUBU BRAGGING OF INFLUENCING MIMIKO's JUDGEMENT WITH "MILLIONS OF POUNDS" AND MIMIKO's DENIAL WHICH INCLUDED WALW OLANIPEKUN AS WITNESS.
EL RUFAI's TODAY's LIE OVER THE RETURN OF THE FIRST LADY.

Those are more important issues than PDP cautioning it's members,and I expect u to have answers to some these ills committed by ur principals,am very sure if it was the PDP or the Presiency is involved in any the above mentioned u would have turned a Nairaland town crier.So am expecting ur take on some of these so we can dialogue to the benefit of our country.

I know u might decide to jump thread as it's ur major characteristic whenever u are taken to the cleaners,I told u so few days back if ur biased and tainted memory can recollect,but these questions are begging for answers,go rouse Gbawe and crew to work,Afterall u are paid for it.

1 Like

Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by Ribaman(m): 6:45pm On Oct 18, 2012
diva_tosin: It is understandable that PDP which is the largest political party in Africa will have little problems and unguarded utterances from some of its members.
It's easier to manage a nuclear family of 5 like ACN Than to manage a polygamous family of 27 like the PDP.
But thatnothwitstanding, I still cherish the Political values of PDP than the dictatorial tendencies of Tinubu and ACN.

In PDP, there is equal opportunity for growth and expression of opinions unlike ACN. no body coughs in ACN. TINUBU calls the shots, plays the piper, dictates the tunes, and even force people to like the tune. So absurd.
Look at how he imposed Akeredolu on ACN in Ondo because Mimiko failed to reward him for doling out millions of pounds to bribe Salami
Are you for real? Or more like, are you on some exotic dope?
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by Demdem(m): 9:32pm On Oct 18, 2012
[s]
ubandire:

Funny enough DEMDEM the cowardly hypocrite is here.
[/s]

[b]Fool, I don't know the party u are talking about. Am not for any party and not a member of any however am focused more on the killer party (PDP) and all their satanic endeavors because unfortunately more power lies in their hands to do great things to better the lives of Nigerians which they simply aren't doing. My main aim is to direct my energy to these ones who has the most influence in my country and the killer party has such.

About my absence in some threads, u should understand that I don't have laptop crews the way u guys have organize urselves, neither do I have multiple IDs like u crooks. It's simply one and only demdem. Am only for myself and its only the jobless or a full time worker on NL that will be found on all threads. As am oppurtuned, will be present on those threads as much as possible however I focus more on peeps that are capable of effecting changes in our society like the retardeen and his numerous advisers, his ministers etc more than peeps like elrufai who doesn't even have any political office. If u have a problem with that, kindly go and commit suicide, afterall its a free world.

Among the list u gave, I have so far commented on the retardeeness Welkom speech, and tinubu's money on mimiko and even odumakin/Mohammed fiasco. So u see, am not doing badly at all. grin grin

I know u appreciate the touch of truth I bring into my discussion in contrast to ur miserable lies. Don't worry, am still very much around. Am going no where at least till the nearest future. Am fast becoming ur nemesis here no doubt. It's an honour on my part. A duty I will faithfully perform. grin

So fool, back to issue of this thread which is the stupidity of the killer party. cool[/b]
Re: Stop Embarrassing Us, PDP To Members by lagcity(m): 2:18am On Oct 19, 2012
cheesy cheesy buahahaha! Why warn them? Let the PDP vagabonds keep running their mouths and embarassing themselves. Lai Mohammed of ACN will surely be there to fix their screw-ups. grin

Alhaji Lai Mohammed - lighting fire on PDP's ass since 2007 grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: CBN Governor, Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches / Who Will Be Pdp’s Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019? / APC Has Rigged 2019 Election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.