Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,141 members, 7,821,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

There Was A Genocide Against Igbos;wole Soyinka. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Was A Genocide Against Igbos;wole Soyinka. (607 Views)

BREAKING: Sreporters Trying To Incite Hausas Against Igbos With Fake Pictures. / Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released / We Have Evil Plans Against Igbos : Junaid Muhammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

There Was A Genocide Against Igbos;wole Soyinka. by kunyeo(m): 12:18pm On Oct 18, 2012
Writing in certain environments carries with it an occupational risk. When I was imprisoned, without trial, it was as a result of a position I took as a citizen. Of course I used my weapon, which was writing, to express my disapproval of the [Biafran] civil war into which we were about to enter. These were people who’d been abused, who’d undergone genocide, and who felt completely rejected by the rest of the community, and therefore decided to break away and form a nation of its own”. Wole Soyinka,Mexico,Oct,2012.

(1) (Reply)

Abia Is Better Than What Some People Make Of It / Our Grouse Against Jonathan, By Tambuwal, House Members / "World's Poorest President"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.