Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,114 members, 7,821,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Can U Get A Job With Only Oracle Certification And No Degree In Naija? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can U Get A Job With Only Oracle Certification And No Degree In Naija? (2173 Views)

Need Job, No Degree / No Degree, No Job / Java But No Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can U Get A Job With Only Oracle Certification And No Degree In Naija? by jimblaze(m): 12:05pm On Jan 24, 2008
hello nairalanders,my cousin and i just passed our oracle certification exams, oca and ocp,problem is he does not have a degree as he dropped out due to circumstances beyond his control, so is it possible for him to get a job , say like a company that uses oracle without a degree?pls let me know as i know he would not have this problem overseas,will appreciate everyones imput,thanx and GOD bless.
Re: Can U Get A Job With Only Oracle Certification And No Degree In Naija? by indie(f): 9:07pm On Jan 24, 2008
sad
anybody can get a job with or without a degree. but bear in mind that there are jobs and there are jobs. for most corporate organisations, if not all, a graduate will always earn higher than a school dropout. no matter how skilled and 'certified' the dropout is.

my candid advice to ur cousin is that he should try and get a degree: he could do a part-time/weekend program if he is unable to do full time.
it is better late than never. even if he does get a job now, in about 5 or 10 years time, he might become frustrated as he will still be on the same level. university dropouts don't get promoted in companies.

no matter what the "circumstances under his control" were, i believe now he should be in a better position to move ahead with his life and make the right decisions.
all the best. cheers.
Re: Can U Get A Job With Only Oracle Certification And No Degree In Naija? by jimblaze(m): 12:29am On Jan 25, 2008
thanks alot indie,thats exactly wat i told him,i will drum it in again,was actually thinkin gof pulling resources together and taking him overseas, to australia to be precise so that he can study part time and work as an oracle dba cos they pay well regardless of degree or not as there is a huge demand for I.T. people especially oracle dba's

(1) (Reply)

Jobs In Nigeria -call Centre Representative At Sw Global- / Just Got A Txt Frm DRAGNET Last nite Calling For An Interview.. / PHD Nigeria Limited Calling For Interview....alausa Ikeja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.