Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated (2754 Views)

Army Reacts To Hunger Strike By Reinstated Soldiers / Justice Ayo Salami Retires / Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 18, 2012
On Ait now, Justice Ayo Salami of the Court of Appeal has been reinstated with immediate effect. More details coming
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by supereagle(m): 7:13pm On Oct 18, 2012
We thank God. All his salary arreas will be paid.
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by babaniyen1(m): 8:22pm On Oct 18, 2012
Congratulations baba.... At Last
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by Maxymilliano(m): 9:24pm On Oct 18, 2012
Finally, the merchant of justice is back, the sales continues.

1 Like

Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by ochukoccna: 9:32pm On Oct 18, 2012
About time
Hope this story is no hoax
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by ochukoccna: 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2012
Maxymilliano: Finally, the merchant of justice is back, the sales continues.
Keep recycling those dumb PDP beer parlour stories grin grin

1 Like

Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by 1geeday(m): 10:44pm On Oct 18, 2012
[/color][color=#990000]Long time coming shame to witchhunters.you are welcome BABA.
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by luvinhubby(m): 10:46pm On Oct 18, 2012
No confirmation yet, just do not trust this Dokpesi's AIT.
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by Demdem(m): 10:56pm On Oct 18, 2012
If true, why did it take the retardeen so long. Suspension was speedily done but reinstatement took eternity. Anyway, I commend him sha.
Justice salami has finally been vindicated then.

1 Like

Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by fyneguy: 10:58pm On Oct 18, 2012
NJC did,not retardeen (whoever that is?)
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by Iolo(m): 11:20pm On Oct 18, 2012
Demdem: If true, why did it take the retardeen so long. Suspension was speedily done but reinstatement took eternity. Anyway, I commend him sha.
Justice salami has finally been vindicated then.

Case was in court. Guess they waited for it to be thrown out first which is the correct thing to do.
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by Demdem(m): 11:25pm On Oct 18, 2012
Iolo:

Case was in court. Guess they waited for it to be thrown out first which is the correct thing to do.

I think a case on this issue was also in court and yet he was suspended. Will search for this tommorrow.

1 Like

Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by takedat(m): 11:53pm On Oct 18, 2012
The NJC redeemed itself by his recall and the Court cleared him. Though its still unconfirmed but the Truth shall prevail
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by controlseven: 12:15am On Oct 19, 2012
Salami back? Kudos to NJC. What a fight to finish! GEJ should get some credits though.
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 19, 2012
Oh, they have finally brought back that acn judge
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by hardywaltz(m): 12:39am On Oct 19, 2012
Hope he doesn't annul Ondo State Governorship Election later in the future and hand it ova to ACN. lipsrsealed
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by FrankC3: 12:57am On Oct 19, 2012
Former Justice Salami is far from being re-instated. All ACN members crying for his recall can take a chill pill, it exposes them further. There are many dimensions to Salami issue. First, is the legal angle and the second is the moral angle. Legally, Salami cannot be re-instated until ALL pending court cases are dealt with. That is the law. And the cases cannot be dealt with with him on that seat, hence his removal in the first place. The moral angle is the inexcusable exchange of one sided correspondence with some people who came to his court for justice. Even if justice was done, it will never look as if it was ever done.

What actually happened on Thursday was that the position of Mr President was echoed (endorsing the position of his legal team) while Salami's chance of re-in statement is pushed farther out of reach. Anybody can believe ACN propaganda at their own peril. You can refer to the link below:

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/lead-stories/49464-hope-dims-for-salami-as-njc-dumps-reinstatement-option
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by Ariyke: 1:24am On Oct 19, 2012
Welcome Back Baba
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by iykak47: 3:41am On Oct 19, 2012
Ariyke: Welcome Back Baba
Welcome back ke,the celebration is premature because the man has not been reinstated. But why ACN members are eager to see Ayo salami recalled?
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by Demdem(m): 7:33am On Oct 19, 2012
Frank-C:
Former Justice Salami is far from being re-instated. All ACN members crying for his recall can take a chill pill, it exposes them further. There are many dimensions to Salami issue. First, is the legal angle and the second is the moral angle. Legally, Salami cannot be re-instated until ALL pending court cases are dealt with. That is the law. And the cases cannot be dealt with with him on that seat, hence his removal in the first place. The moral angle is the inexcusable exchange of one sided correspondence with some people who came to his court for justice. Even if justice was done, it will never look as if it was ever done.

What actually happened on Thursday was that the position of Mr President was echoed (endorsing the position of his legal team) while Salami's chance of re-in statement is pushed farther out of reach. Anybody can believe ACN propaganda at their own peril. You can refer to the link below:

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/lead-stories/49464-hope-dims-for-salami-as-njc-dumps-reinstatement-option

[b]Its seems as if the Op didnt get his facts right concerning his reinstatement like u said however there is something i will like to bring to ur attention and probably get ur opinion.

Was it right for Salami to be suspended and speedily sanctioned by the president despite the fact a case instituted against the NJC was in court against their decision at the same time? Going by ur argument now, it was wrong for the president to have gone ahead in approving such till all cases are disposed off

The National Judicial Council further directs that Justice Salami should hand over the affairs of the Court of Appeal to the next most senior justice of the court.

Meanwhile a recommendation has been forwarded to the President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan to retire him from service.

The council did not make any reference to the suit filed by Salami at the Federal High Court in Abuja wherein he is challenging the report of the Justice Umaru Abduallahi panel which investigated him and Katsina-Alu for alleged misconduct.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/08/18/nigeria-suspends-top-judge/

If pending suits didnt stop his suspension, why should pending suits stop his reinstatement even now that the NJC has given him a clean bill. undecided undecided
[/b]
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by FrankC3: 8:51am On Oct 19, 2012
@Demdem
Your fight against corruption seem to always get derailed whenever it affects ACN's interests. Why is that?

You were in support of Oteh's removal from office while she is being investigated for Hembe's claims and fictitious corrupt practices. Oteh is the Head of stock exchange, so her position is less sensitive than that of Salami. But for Salami, you felt that it is ok for him to continue to head a strategic section of the judiciary that is investigating him. You forgot that at one point or the other, he may be required to take the last decision in his own case.

I understand your position- you have to do your job and you have a KPI -but I advice that you get smarter about it. What is your party's interest in Former Justice Salami. Can you just precisely answer this question?
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 19, 2012
There is now little doubt that the AGF and Mr President are the ones stonewalling Justice Salami's re-instatement, as they continue to exhibit a flagrant disregard of the Nation's constitution.
Ah well, this is what you get when the legislative branch exists primarily for self-serving purposes only, and not to provide sufficient oversight as we see in better climes.

It was, however, learnt that the members were divided when the matter was brought up for discussion. While some of the members said it was necessary to take a decisive action on the matter, others opined that it would amount to contempt of court to take any action during the pendency of the cases instituted by the applicant.

The source further revealed that though the issue of Justice Salami was not originally slated for deliberation in the course of the meeting, nevertheless, the issue dominated their discourse immediately it was introduced, yesterday.

He said though the council under the leadership of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Mariam Aloma Mukhtar, ab-initio expressed intentions to recall the suspended PCA, the idea met stiff opposition from members of the council.

Vanguard gathered that in-view of the sharp division among its members on the issue of recalling the PCA despite the pending court cases, it was subsequently agreed that status-quo be maintained on the matter.

It will be recalled that the immediate past CJN, Justice Dahiru Musdapher, earlier wrote President Jonathan, urging him to go ahead and recall the suspended PCA.

His decision was based on the report of a committee that was headed by the present CJN, Justice Muhktar, which recommended that Salami should be allowed to return to office.

Meanwhile, President Jonathan, through the Attorney General of the Federation, AGF, and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke, SAN, on May 22, 2012, adduced reasons why the PCA could not be reinstated now.

The AGF had maintained that doing so would amount to sub-judice, adding that “no responsible government will overreach the powers of the court; this government is determined to do the right thing.”

Meantime, following the retirement of the former CJN, Justice Musdapher, the NJC under Justice Muhktar, made a U-turn, insisting that it has the exclusive constitutional powers to reinstate Salami back to his position, “without recourse of any sort to the President.”

In a written address it filed in support of a suit before the Federal High Court Abuja, NJC, further argued that by virtue of section 238(5) of the 1999 Constitution, Jonathan, lacked the powers to reappoint Justice Adamu as Acting PCA after the expiration of three months from the day Salami was ousted from office, stressing that the action amounted to an act of illegality since such recommendation never emanated from the Council as required by the law.
Source
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by otokx(m): 9:10am On Oct 19, 2012
Interesting
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by Demdem(m): 9:32am On Oct 19, 2012
Frank-C:
@Demdem
Your fight against corruption seem to always get derailed whenever it affects ACN's interests. Why is that?

You were in support of Oteh's removal from office while she is being investigated for Hembe's claims and fictitious corrupt practices. Oteh is the Head of stock exchange, so her position is less sensitive than that of Salami. But for Salami, you felt that it is ok for him to continue to head a strategic section of the judiciary that is investigating him. You forgot that at one point or the other, he may be required to take the last decision in his own case.

I understand your position- you have to do your job and you have a KPI -but I advice that you get smarter about it. What is your party's interest in Former Justice Salami. Can you just precisely answer this question?

[b]To be honest with u, u are simply talking crap. I pose a simple question to u for u to reason out ur faulty logic, u respond accusing me of being ACN. FFuck ACN for the upteenth time. i care less about them and they are not in anyway responsible for my sustenance.

For all i care, allegations against Salami hasnt been proven beyond doubts. Are u saying the NJC that gave him a clean bill has also been bribed by ACN also or NJC members who now agreed that they erred in their suspension are now members of ACN? Probably u think they dont know what they are doing? If salami is guilty, he should not only be de-robbed but also prosecuted. That is not the case for now and u will have to live with it.

Dont bring Hembe and Oteh case here because both of them are liable and should probably rot in jail if proven to be so. Hembe is alleged to have asked for funds while Oteh is alleged to have mismanaged funds. She hasnt defended herself from that.

Again i ask u:

If pending suits didnt stop his suspension, why should pending suits stop his reinstatement even now that the NJC has given him a clean bill.

Answer that and spare me ur work for ACN trash.[/b]
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by Demdem(m): 9:35am On Oct 19, 2012
eGuerrilla: There is now little doubt that the AGF and Mr President are the ones stonewalling Justice Salami's re-instatement, as they continue to exhibit a flagrant disregard of the Nation's constitution.
Ah well, this is what you get when the legislative branch exists primarily for self-serving purposes only, and not to provide sufficient oversight as we see in better climes.

Source

Right on spot. Excuses of pending suits are ridiculous. if pending suits didnt stop his suspension, why should it stop his re-instatement even now that its obvious that they erred.
The same question i asked a NL, and he went further by telleing me some working for ACN crap. Nonsense.
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by thelastPope(m): 10:58am On Oct 19, 2012
Demdem:

[b]To be honest with u, u are simply talking crap. I pose a simple question to u for u to reason out ur faulty logic, u respond accusing me of being ACN. FFuck ACN for the upteenth time. i care less about them and they are not in anyway responsible for my sustenance.

For all i care, allegations against Salami hasnt been proven beyond doubts. Are u saying the NJC that gave him a clean bill has also been bribed by ACN also or NJC members who now agreed that they erred in their suspension are now members of ACN? Probably u think they dont know what they are doing? If salami is guilty, he should not only be de-robbed but also prosecuted. That is not the case for now and u will have to live with it.

Dont bring Hembe and Oteh case here because both of them are liable and should probably rot in jail if proven to be so. Hembe is alleged to have asked for funds while Oteh is alleged to have mismanaged funds. She hasnt defended herself from that.

Again i ask u:

If pending suits didnt stop his suspension, why should pending suits stop his reinstatement even now that the NJC has given him a clean bill.

Answer that and spare me ur work for ACN trash.[/b]

Showing your partisan and double standards again abi? I told you people notice. The same argument you used in favour of Salami you refused to use for Oteh. Has anything been proven beyond reasonable doubt againsy Oteh? You crucify her on some bogous accusation and declare Salami's accusations are false. You are entitled to your own moniker on NL but not entitled to your own facts! You have a right to an opinion, whatever it is, but hypocrisy is just wrong!
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 19, 2012
Well...thank God that a political compromise has been secured.

My take is that he will now be ask to voluntarily retire.....that is the bargain.
Re: Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated by Demdem(m): 11:17am On Oct 19, 2012
thelastPope:

Showing your partisan and double standards again abi? I told you people notice. The same argument you used in favour of Salami you refused to use for Oteh. Has anything been proven beyond reasonable doubt againsy Oteh? You crucify her on some bogous accusation and declare Salami's accusations are false. You are entitled to your own moniker on NL but not entitled to your own facts! You have a right to an opinion, whatever it is, but hypocrisy is just wrong!

[b]When u say people, u mean u and ur usual gang. Do u think that bothers me at all? U are obviously a clown.

Both Oteh and Hembe made allegations against themselves, Hembe was removed from his position in the house and case currently in court against him (no one knows yet if its true or not pending the court declaration), what about Oteh? has she even come out to defend herself from those allegations of misappropriation of funds? Did govt do anything to investigate if those hembe allegations were true or not? Why investigate Hembe and left out Oteh? Does that make sense to u? u claim its a bogous accusation, why do u think allegation against hembe isnt bogous afterall he denied it and case still pending. What is good for hembe is also good for Oteh.

In the case of Salami, Accusations were made against him, NJC investigated and found out that he is innocent. i didnt declare such, it was the NJC that categorically stated it. Use ur brain. They went further in requesting that his suspension should be lifted. was that my hand making or are u now claiming that the ACN or whatever group has bought over NJC also?

Both Oteh/hembe case and Salami's are different and cant be compared. u are just clinging on shackles and making no sense.

My question still remain. u may probably assist ur fellow goon.

If pending suits didnt stop his suspension, why should pending suits stop his reinstatement even now that the NJC has given him a clean bill. [/b]

(1) (Reply)

SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) / How Real Are T.B Joshua’s Miracles?- Witnesses Say There Are Stage-Managed! / Tinubu’s Massive Looting Of Lagos Uncovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.