Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? (6967 Views)

Jehova Witnesses, I Want To Join Your Church, Help Me!!! / When Does Your Church Services Start And When Do You Arrive? / Eternal Sacred Order Of Cherubim And Seraphim Church Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by tobechi74: 8:52pm On Oct 18, 2012
What is the order of event in ur church
?

MY CHURCH- CATHOLIC

OPENING HYMN /PRAYER

reading of the day

sermon

prayer request

ofertory

holy cominum

anouncement

closin prayer

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by ATMC(f): 9:40pm On Oct 18, 2012
As d spirit leads!
Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by Goshen360(m): 10:40pm On Oct 18, 2012
ATMC: As d spirit leads!

Amen to that my sister......Glorrrrrry to God. As many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. Amen somebody!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by JeSoul(f): 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2012
Different kind of topic, I like. My church is pentecostal (for the most part)

On a typical sunday:
-We start off with singing first (praise/worship songs)

-Prayers

-Greetings (everyone greets those around with handshakes, hugs, kisses etc) I love this part smiley

-Announcements/upcoming events etc

-Offering during which the choir typically sings (sometimes its a video or a solo or a cd)

-Sermon (my fav part cos my pastor is straight-up awesome smiley)

-Closing songs/prayer

- and after service is over chatting with friends in the pews smiley
Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by OmoAlata(f): 4:10pm On Oct 19, 2012
MFM Streatham, London - on a normal Sunday (it differs during thanksgiving Sunday)

Pray for 30 mins
Praise & Worship
Hymn
Bible Study
Choir ministration
Offering
Announcement
Pray over prayer requests
Grace

During thanksgiving Sunday (1st Sunday of the month), the Bible Study is swapped for Testimonies and a short drama by the Drama Group smiley
Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by JeSoul(f): 4:17pm On Oct 19, 2012
Omo Alata: MFM Streatham, London - on a normal Sunday (it differs during thanksgiving Sunday)

Pray for 30 mins
Praise & Worship
Hymn
Bible Study
Choir ministration
Offering
Announcement
Pray over prayer requests
Grace

During thanksgiving Sunday (1st Sunday of the month), the Bible Study is swapped for Testimonies and a short drama by the Drama Group smiley
cheesy cheesy cheesy Na wah oh lol esp the last part cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by Super1759: 12:44pm On Oct 21, 2012
this thread just reminded me one church I went for my guy's tnksgiving.
Here is their style....(One church in ph)
As you are entering the church, you give offering at the door.
Then after praise and worship, you give "thanksgiving offering"
After that,it will be testimony time. As your friend is going,we have to follow suit and give offering as well.
Then we will now giving offering for "the word"
After the word, we give the general offering
After that we give "needy offering"
At this point, my money don finish,en remain my transport money. I turned to borrow from my colleague, his own was worse, his wallet was having 100naira
So at this point, its my guy's turn for thanksgiving, we gats do as before, join his queue and ofcourse MUST drop offering.
After this one,I stepped out to go, it wasn't funny. In my curosity,I called an usher to asked, he said they still have bible offering,blessing offering and closing offering. At this point,I left.no be small thing
grin grin

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by BrutusOj(m): 12:53pm On Oct 21, 2012
grin
Super1759: this thread just reminded me one church I went for my guy's tnksgiving.
After that,it will be testimony time. As your friend is going,we have to follow suit and give offering as well.
At this point, my money don finish,en remain my transport money. I turned to borrow from my colleague, his own was worse, his wallet was having 100naira
So at this point, its my guy's turn for thanksgiving, we gats do as before, join his queue and ofcourse MUST drop offering.
After this one,I stepped out to go, it wasn't funny. In my curosity,I called an usher to asked, he said they still have bible offering,blessing offering and closing offering. At this point,I left.no be small thing
grin grin

cheesy wud u eva honor an invitation to dat same church any oda day?
Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by Goldenheart(m): 12:55pm On Oct 21, 2012
tobechi74: What is the order of event in ur church
?

MY CHURCH- CATHOLIC

OPENING HYMN /PRAYER

reading of the day

sermon

prayer request

ofertory

holy cominum

anouncement

closin prayer
i attend catholic...........they collect lyk 2 to 3 offerings. Plus harvest n thanks giving. Message is pour. U guys dnt read scriptures except bulletings. I can go on and on
Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by hooged: 12:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
Jehovah witness
Opening song and prayer 9 - 9:05
Public lecture.(Did the miracle of the bible really happen ?) 9:05 - 9:35
Song to close public lecture
Bible base Watchtower study from 9:40- 1:45
Song and prayer to close the meeting

Then follow by field service / preaching work.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by ITbomb(m): 1:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
New service enter with praise and worship
Choir
Word ministrations
Prayer
All offerings
Welcome new comers
Share the grace and get the hell outta there for the next service
Full Life Christian Centre

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by Super1759: 1:01pm On Oct 21, 2012
BrutusOj: grin
cheesy wud u eva honor an invitation to dat same church any oda day?
am I mad? We yab the guy die for office eee.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by ichidodo: 1:03pm On Oct 21, 2012
Goldenheart: i attend catholic...........they collect lyk 2 to 3 offerings. Plus harvest n thanks giving. Message is pour. U guys dnt read scriptures except bulletings. I can go on and on
BULLETINS MAKE WORSHIPPIN EASIER AND SIMPLER. THEY CONTAIN EXCERPTS OF'SCRIPTURES' TO BE DISCUSSED AND SERMONISED. IN ADDITION TO THAT ANNOUNCEMENTS,ADVERTS E.T.C CAN BE GOTTEN 4RUM DA BULLETIN. SO MY GUY,U NEED TO CHIL-OUT.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2012
Goldenheart: i attend catholic...........they collect lyk 2 to 3 offerings. Plus harvest n thanks giving. Message is pour. U guys dnt read scriptures except bulletings. I can go on and on

Stop contradicting urself sir.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by obi123: 1:32pm On Oct 21, 2012

please go on if you have time and energy.

and who told you we don't read the scripture? what are the readings then? what is the homily?
just because the priest is not sweating and jumping from one end of the church to the other doesnt mean that his message is less heard and understood

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by chii8(f): 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2012
Opening prayer
worship n praise songs
offering
testimonies
annoncement
hymns for sermon
d rhema word
prophetic sessions
tithe n support offering
closing prayers...
CITY OF SIGNS N WONDERS INC.
Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by paris10: 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2012
ATMC: As d spirit leads!

As the spirit leads is the manipulation of the whole idea of orderliness. The BIble says " let everything be done decently and in order" 1 Corin 14:40. This is a general rule for the decent and orderly management of all things relating to the worship of God.

We bring the spirit under control (subject the spirit) and not the other way round. If you see a Pastor or Church who doesn't always keep to time or order of service, then, they're doing this for self-glorification.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by ghettodreamz(m): 1:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
Super1759: this thread just reminded me one church I went for my guy's tnksgiving.
grin grin

And is this a JOKE or something? grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by paris10: 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2012
chii8: Opening prayer
worship n praise songs
offering
testimonies
annoncement
hymns for sermon
d rhema word
prophetic sessions
tithe n support offering
closing prayers...
CITY OF SIGNS N WONDERS INC.

Did you notice that offering comes before sermon in your Church? Have you asked yourself why? Guess not; this define the kind of Church we go today. Money is preffered before the word of God. It is a strategy put in place to make sure people drop either their tithes or other offerings before having any excuse to leave the Church for other reasons.

Church now only cares about your money: they no longer give the F-word if you stay for the sermon or not.

God is good!
Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by SisiKill1: 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2012
1) Opening Prayer

2) Praise and Worship - "Bless me oh Lord, so I can Bless you back"

3) 1st Bible Reading - Any Bible verse that urges you to be sacrificial

4) Special Song from Choir - "I have made you too small in my eyes Lord because I don't give enough"

5) 2nd Bible Reading/Mini Sermon - Prelude to Offering sermon

6) Offering Time - "If you give unto the Lord, it shall be given unto you"

7) Testimony Time - Testimonies that presses home how important it is to be a giver.

8 )Sermon Time - Sacrifice! Sacrifice! Give! Give oh for the love of God - GIVE!!!!

9) Tithes - "You've blessed me Lord, now I am blessing you back so you can bless me some more...Lord"

10) Building Fund - "Build the Lord's house for he has been generous to you"

11) Thanksgiving Offering - "Oh won't you give thanks to the Lord for his generosity towards you"

12) Pledge Offering - "Redeem your Promise to God"

13) Faith Offering - "Challenge God with your offering and see what He will do for you"

14) Sisi quickly leaves service in the hopes of beating others in catching a ride home because she no longer has money for Gas.

15) Fruit of the womb offering

16) Life Partner offering

17) Special Offering

18) Are we sure we have squeezed all the money we can for this Sunday offering

19) Just to be on the safe side, let's do one more offering. . offering.

20) Announcement/Closing Prayer/Blah Blah Blah

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by Fhemmmy: 2:39pm On Oct 21, 2012
Lol . . |funny thread
Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by charlsecy4(m): 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
Goldenheart: i attend catholic...........they collect lyk 2 to 3 offerings. Plus harvest n thanks giving. U guys dnt read scriptures except bulletings. I can go on and on

[size=14]Please, where did get that misleading information from? GOD will forgive you if you said it in ignorance, but it will be different if you intentionally and unrepentantly made the spiteful comment.

What is a bulletin? It is a document which contians announcements, marriage banns, readings, and other church programmes and information for the day/week.

All over the world today, the Catholic Church takes her today's readings from:

Isaiah 53:10-11
Hebrews 4:14-16
Mark 10:35-45 [or Mark 10:42-45]

In all honesty, are you saying these are not Bible passages?

Secondly, the Catholic Church observes only one offering. However, during special Sundays, there could be more than one.[/size]

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by MznAirA(f): 3:12pm On Oct 21, 2012
Sunday school.

Shout halleluyah 21 times

Opening prayer

Praise and worship(always too short)

Then prayer again(second longest event of d day)

Then the pastor sees vision and pray after the prayer again

Then stand up and shout halleluyah 21 times

Then announcement

Then hymn

Choir number

Sermon(dis is where my phone is very useful cuz dose preachers always say 5mins but end up using more than an hour)

Then prayer again

Then tithes

Then vow

Then individual thanksgiving

Then general thanksgiving

Then sunday offering

Then if any the pastor calls out to pple for pledges

Then prayer

Then any anouncement

Then vision again

Then pray for anybody d pastor mentions even if we no know d person

Then any other thing impromptu

Finally the grace( most times vision again nd we pray again)

Then shout halleluyah 21 times

Then roll on the floor,go to the altar, bow down e.t.c

Then talk talk talk(pple sleep during service but immediately after u will see them in groups nd dis surprises me much)

Long event every sunday nd dis is just d normal one talkless of special sundays. Little wonder why we close very very late
Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by zannie(f): 3:13pm On Oct 21, 2012
The topic clearly states 'what is the order of events in ur church'. Beats me why someone will come and start bashing one church. If you feel the Catholic church is not where you belong, just leave. One thing the church will never do is beg for members.
Just state the order of events in ur church. Must u bash another?
Smh 4 'Christians'

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by oubi: 3:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
hooged: Jehovah witness

Bible base Watchtower study from 9:40- 1:45.

Bible based watchtower study from 9:40-10:45
Every tin does not exceed 2hrs
Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by zannie(f): 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2012
BTW the replies are hilarious!!!
LWKMD!
Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by julioralph(m): 3:35pm On Oct 21, 2012
check your facts please! besides I'm sure most nairalanders will be interested in this piece by the daily mail in the uk-
it's about those who fleece people in the name of God.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2220833/Laughing-private-jet--93m-pastor-accused-exploiting-British-worshippers.html#
Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by searay(m): 3:53pm On Oct 21, 2012
For my Church:
0. Sunday school
1. Opening prayers
2. Hymns
3. Praise and worship
4. Songs of praise and offertory
5. Tithe
6. Special offering(from N2000 up)
7. Choir Ministrations(Main choir, women's choir, children's choir and the youths choir)
8. Sermon
9. Prophetic ministration(if there it is on a 1st Sunday- I love this part)
10.General Offertory
11. Offerring for the Pastor(at this point, I'll share my grace)
12. Offerring for the needy
13. Offerring for the national headquater
15. Offerring for the district
16. Offerring for the Area
17. Offerring for the PHCN supply
18. Offerring for the elders etc
19. Closing prayers
20. The grace
Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by ATMC(f): 5:30pm On Oct 21, 2012
hooged: Jehovah witness
Opening song and prayer 9 - 9:05
Public lecture.(Did the miracle of the bible really happen ?) 9:05 - 9:35
Song to close public lecture
Bible base Watchtower study from 9:40- 1:45
Song and prayer to close the meeting

Then follow by field service / preaching work.
i admire d fact dt u r time conscious but does it not bore you...d proof of sanity is inconsistency grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church? by ATMC(f): 5:37pm On Oct 21, 2012
paris10:

As the spirit leads is the manipulation of the whole idea of orderliness. The BIble says " let everything be done decently and in order" 1 Corin 14:40. This is a general rule for the decent and orderly management of all things relating to the worship of God.

We bring the spirit under control (subject the spirit) and not the other way round. If you see a Pastor or Church who doesn't always keep to time or order of service, then, they're doing this for self-glorification.
No SIR! U DON'T CONTROL D HOLY SPIRIT, WHAT YOU BRING UNDER SUBJECTION IS YOUR SPIRIT! tell me if d holy spirit is leading you to only ring praises on a certain day and dismiss, will you tell him no holy spirit, we have to do first and second reading. Are you led by him? Or are u leading him? Is it not as many as are led by him dt are d sons of god? Man, think again!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Daystar Church 12 Days Of Christmas Lyrics / As You Go To Church This Sunday, Do This / Behold one of World's largest 100,000 Capacity Church Of Living Faith Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.