Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today (5586 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Suswam Over N3.1bn Fraud Today / EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others / EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by reemix123(m): 11:02pm On Oct 18, 2012
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), on Thursday, disclosed that it would dock a man, Abubakar Sheriff Tijjani, caught with $7 million cash at the Murtala Mohammed Airport, today.

A statement from the commission stated that "the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) will, on Friday, October 19, arraign Abubakar Sheriff Tijjani, a bulk cash smuggler intercepted with $7,049.444 at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos on Thursday, 27 September, 2012, by Operatives of the commission, on his way to Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

"He will be arraigned at a Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos.”

When the 25 year-old suspect was arrested, he declared that he had a total sum of $4.5million on him but thorough screening and search showed that he was actually carrying $7,049,444.

He confessed that he was a courier for twenty individuals who hired him to convey the money to Dubai.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/49482-efcc-arraigns-man-arrested-with-7m-cash-today
Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by DANILSA(m): 8:27am On Oct 19, 2012
PLEASE CAN HE NAME THEM, 1. UBA,2.FAROUK,3.OTEDOLLA,........................PLEASE CONTINUE WITH THE LIST grin wink grin
Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by yertyr(m): 8:28am On Oct 19, 2012
Wetin concern me...why dis thin make frontpage sef

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by dridowu: 8:28am On Oct 19, 2012
$7m raw cash, omg..............................25yrs . God pls help
Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by DANILSA(m): 8:31am On Oct 19, 2012
yertyr: Wetin concern me...why dis thin make frontpage sef
E NO CONCERN YOU , WHY YOU CON JOIN MOUTH FOR YEA angry sad lipsrsealed
Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by Rooneyboy(m): 8:34am On Oct 19, 2012
that man must be a very stingy man, why has he refused to grease their hands?
He should be arranged joor, till he's ready to cooperate
Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 19, 2012
So, this man hasn't confessed about the boss he works for? They should not only jail him but carry out subsequent follow up on how to get the boss arrested. I can't wait to see this kind of human being suffers in jail for the rest of his life!
Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 19, 2012
Rooneyboy: that man must be a very stingy man, why has he refused to grease their hands?
He should be arranged joor, till he's ready to cooperate
You too are a dimwit!
Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by OkwaIfugo(m): 9:30am On Oct 19, 2012
No mater this issue goes, many will learn their lessons.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by Fidelcruiz(m): 9:43am On Oct 19, 2012
reemix123:

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/49482-efcc-arraigns-man-arrested-with-7m-cash-today
my question is, who and who hired this young lad with such bulky hard currency and why? Abeg they should free the young man

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by sunrise4u: 10:23am On Oct 19, 2012
too much money!!! Guy u don carry last, u for settel them wit 1mill.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 19, 2012
This guy must have been sent by a serving government official to buy property in Dubai with this cash to avoid bank trails.

Why hasnt police buggled his phone calls weeks b4 his arrest and they are making noise here?
Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by emmygod: 11:03am On Oct 19, 2012
THOSE WHO SHOUTS IGBOS LOVE MONEY SHOULD SPEAK OUT. EVERYBODY IS THE SAME WHEN RELATES TO MONEY. THE ONLY DIFFERENT IS THE ABILITY TO CREATE AND HARDWORKING. I THINK THAT'S WHERE IGBOS SHOW SUPREMACY.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by dhappyking(m): 11:37am On Oct 19, 2012
If am not mistaken, the guy must be one of the couriers used by the Nigerian guys to move cash from here to Dubai for their business. For reasons best know to them, they prefer this mode of 'transfer' to the regular bank transfers done through the financial institutions. So I really doubt if it has much, if anything to do with the looting of public funds. His offence here may be in two parts. Having so much cash on him and not declaring the full amount.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by Cupidkc(m): 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2012
He will be released if he doesnt name his employers...the powers of Naija politicians that he works for will save him.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by HAH: 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2012
dhappyking: If am not mistaken, the guy must be one of the couriers used by the Nigerian guys to move cash from here to Dubai for their business. For reasons best know to them, they prefer this mode of 'transfer' to the regular bank transfers done through the financial institutions. So I really doubt if it has much, if anything to do with the looting of public funds. His offence here may be in two parts. Having so much cash on him and not declaring the full amount.
you are right to be frank even I have used this BDC people to send money to dubai for business, this is because they are faster, have little or no hick ups and far less charges than our shylock banks. any proper business man knows this fact.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by yertyr(m): 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2012
DANILSA: E NO CONCERN YOU , WHY YOU CON JOIN MOUTH FOR YEA angry sad lipsrsealed
I knw verbal attacks breeds in ur lineage... Now u see wrong wenever one airs his views.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by mikron(m): 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2012
can an individual go about with that huge sum of money without being detected? $7m? how bulky with the money be on him? maybe he used 2 portfolios to carry the cash, i dont understand the area in the article where they said ''but thorough screening and search showed that he was actually carrying $7,049,444.'' does that mean the money was hidden in his pocket? that huge amount? or maybe the money is on credit card. honestly im confused
Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by okpurukata(f): 6:59pm On Oct 19, 2012
No be mallam? The greatest thiefs. Hiding under the cloak of religion and committing the worst crimes. Hypocrites.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by tpia5: 7:12pm On Oct 19, 2012
the ones making noise in religion section are always silent on threads like these.

they pretend they're unaware.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by edoyad(m): 7:45pm On Oct 19, 2012
tpia@:
the ones making noise in religion section are always silent on threads like these.

they pretend they're unaware.

what has religion got to do with this?
Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by Asiwaju9ja(m): 8:43pm On Oct 19, 2012
all4naija: So, this man hasn't confessed about the boss he works for? They should not only jail him but carry out subsequent follow up on how to get the boss arrested. I can't wait to see this kind of human being suffers in jail for the rest of his life!

Na wa! Wetin d man do u like so? E thief d money? Na crime e commit against d land. He no ffuck ur wife. Let d law take its course. No go dey take Panadol for law headache. Kpele.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today by COMPAQ(m): 9:43am On Oct 20, 2012
The guy must be walking the streets by now. We always hear of arraignment but never of conviction and sentence!

(1) (Reply)

13 Worst Performing State Governors So Far In 2016 / President Buhari Vs President Trump UN Speech Scene(pics) / Reverend Father Suspended After Criticising Ihedioha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.