Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Is Obama Finished? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Obama Finished? (2360 Views)

Paris Terror Attacks Is Obama And Nato's Handwork / Is Obama Trying To Fall In Love Again In Thailand?- See Pic! / Why Is Obama Visiting Ghana Before Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Obama Finished? by SegunTX(m): 1:40pm On Jan 24, 2008
You would have to wonder after the debate if Obama is still in this race. The recent ads run by the Clinton campaign further suggest him as another politician who is always flip-flopping. The polls seems to be tilting to Clinton's favor, Your thoughts?
Re: Is Obama Finished? by mazaje(m): 3:02pm On Jan 24, 2008
Get your facts right the clintons are the ones who are finished cos the american people now know them for who they are.
Re: Is Obama Finished? by bawomol(m): 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2008
can't know until south carolina and feb 5
Re: Is Obama Finished? by JeSoul(f): 4:29pm On Jan 24, 2008
Obama finished ke? no way oh.
We won't know for sure until super tuesday, by then the frontrunner should be clearly defined. And he's 99% sure to win SC - black people will vote for him, they seemed favorably disposed to him at the debate.
Re: Is Obama Finished? by uspry1(f): 4:44pm On Jan 24, 2008
Just wait and see the Super Tuesday Jan 29th and Feb 5th polling results.

Last night very late night I watched local TV news political consultants talking about American-African women are so angry about polling system whether it is gender or race that considered an INSULT to American-African women. So I do not know about the reality American concern about it. Americans are getting tired of seeing rival democrats bashing. Undecide whom they vote democrat candidates. (Obama vs. Clinton)

Let's continue all week political debates allow for audiences listening to prior deciding to poll on each Super Tuesday or Saturday depend on Democrat or Republic electional.

Until the REAL PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION DAY on Nov 4th to choose, you will know which US president will be win for Jan 2009 Inaugural to start running.
Re: Is Obama Finished? by dayokanu(m): 9:21pm On Jan 24, 2008
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/22/democrats.sc/index.html

Responding to Clinton's comments during a conference call with reporters Tuesday, Obama said the senator from New York and former President Clinton have been "attacking me in ways that are not accurate."

"Sen. Clinton announced while we were still in Iowa that this was going to be her strategy and called it the 'fun part' of campaigning. I don't think it's the fun part to fudge the truth," he said. Video Watch Obama fire back at Clinton »

"If you get the kind of looseness with the facts that Sen. Clinton's displayed and you're willing to say anything to get a political or tactical advantage, that erodes people's trust in government. It makes them cynical," Obama said.

"It's important for our campaign to not only make sure the record is correct when folks are saying things that don't jive with the facts but also that we are sending a message to voters that we're going to bring about a different kind of politics over the long term."
Re: Is Obama Finished? by watchung: 12:52am On Jan 25, 2008
He's definitely not going to win the democratic nomination. The Clinton machine is just too much for him. The Clinton's have tactically/skillfully made him into the "The Black Candidate" with that he's toast and any body that thinks otherwise is leaving in to borrow Bill Clinton's word "a fairy tale"
Re: Is Obama Finished? by JeSoul(f): 2:28pm On Jan 25, 2008
watchung:

He's definitely not going to win the democratic nomination. The Clinton machine is just too much for him. The Clinton's have tactically/skillfully made him into the "The Black Candidate" with that he's toast and any body that thinks otherwise is leaving in to borrow Bill Clinton's word "a fairy tale"

I don't think you can rule out Obama like that. I don't think anyone expected him to be so successful thus far and pose as a real threat against Hillary.
If anything this race has been one full of suprises so I won't count him out yet- you never know. He's def going to win SC and that momentum can have a ripple effect in other primaries on super tuesday.

plus even if he gets labelled the "black candidate" he can still steal the sympathy votes from "liberal whites" who might think that voting for a black person is their own way of proving they're not racist or or that they're "good" people.
Re: Is Obama Finished? by MP007(m): 5:50am On Jan 26, 2008
This is what the clintons are doing

1) make the contest between oBama and hilary clinton a[b] RACE [/b] issue in the state of south carolina (with majority black voters) . (rational- black people get mad and votes for Obama) - (2.)end[i] result , Clinton looses on purpose in south carolina[/i], makes it look like the black voted massive again a white women, what happens ? White democratcic voters back their own RACE in the all important SUPER TUESDAY(22 STATES VOTING AT ONES), beats the crap out of obama[i] , nad that its,  smart politics people [/i]
Re: Is Obama Finished? by Kobojunkie: 6:08am On Jan 26, 2008
MP007:

1) make the contest between oBama and hilary clinton a[b] RACE [/b] issue in the state of south carolina (with majority black voters) . (rational- black people get mad and votes for Obama) - (2.)end[i] result , Clinton looses on purpose in south carolina[/i], makes it look like the black voted massive again a white women, what happens ? White democratcic voters back their own RACE in the all important SUPER TUESDAY(22 STATES VOTING AT ONES), beats the crap out of obama[i] , nad that its,  smart politics people [/i]

That's bologna. I am not even an Obama or Clinton person myself and I know quite well that the clintons are not the one's making it a race issue. The Blacks are doing that all on their own and it is killing obama. Black Radio and Black people on tv making it a RACE issue. Infact, anything that is said against Obama is made a race issue and the Clinton side is now having to apologize and walk on nails cause they now realize they can not fight fair in this case and get away with it cause black people are not mature enough to look past skin color when it comes to this race.

Open your eyes and see what is going on. Even Edwards is hesitant when it comes to critisizing Obama, the clintons now see that this is a race issue with most in the black community and not even a  race to elect the best candidate based on more than skin color with them. Obama is suffering now cause of the blacks who are going for him just cause he is black.
Re: Is Obama Finished? by mazaje(m): 10:00am On Jan 26, 2008
Kobojunkie:

That's bologna. I am not even an Obama or Clinton person myself and I know quite well that the clintons are not the one's making it a race issue. The Blacks are doing that all on their own and it is killing obama. Black Radio and Black people on tv making it a RACE issue. Infact, anything that is said against Obama is made a race issue and the Clinton side is now having to apologize and walk on nails cause they now realize they can not fight fair in this case and get away with it cause black people are not mature enough to look past skin color when it comes to this race.

Open your eyes and see what is going on. Even Edwards is hesitant when it comes to critisizing Obama, the clintons now see that this is a race issue with most in the black community and not even a race to elect the best candidate based on more than skin color with them. Obama is suffering now cause of the blacks who are going for him just cause he is black.

Get your facts right it seems you are not really paying close attention to the race, every political pundit and analyst is blaming the clintons for injecting race into the campaign and you are here saying its the black people .
Re: Is Obama Finished? by MP007(m): 1:22pm On Jan 26, 2008
thank u mazaje,
Re: Is Obama Finished? by BigB11(m): 2:25pm On Jan 26, 2008
Obama is far from being done.
I just hope that the rappers (p diddy and phat farm) and other activists (Shapton, Jessie Jackson and others) stay home and continue to indirectly support OBAMA.

Their public support could severely damage the image Obama is trying to paint in order to get more white votes.
Because without the white votes President Obama will not happen on this planet.
Re: Is Obama Finished? by vigasimple(m): 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2008
MP007:

1) make the contest between oBama and hilary clinton a[b] RACE [/b] issue in the state of south carolina (with majority black voters) . (rational- black people get mad and votes for Obama) - (2.)end[i] result , Clinton looses on purpose in south carolina[/i], makes it look like the black voted massive again a white women, what happens ? White democratcic voters back their own RACE in the all important SUPER TUESDAY(22 STATES VOTING AT ONES), beats the crap out of obama[i] , nad that its,  smart politics people [/i]

This is very true.

Some very important facts for everyone to consider.

1.The Clinton's underestimate OBAMA, and they still continue to do so, because even though they care about minorities including blacks  they do so for political convenience.

2. OBAMA raised about $100m to Hillary $110m in campaign monies. that is very serious, the majority of that monies did not come from BLACK people but from ordinary white low and medium class America. Infact the amount of people that gave to OBAMA are more than Hillary.

3. If Clinton's are able to turn the contest into Black man -v- white woman. One there are more white people and indeed more women in America so they win. To the Clintons it is win win only that matters to them.

4. OBAMA has cross party appeal and has been credited with singlehandedly bringing youth , independent and republicans to democrats primaries and with huge turnout.

5. Anybody who knows about Hilary in particular, the people who are going to vote for her are already known, she cannot appeal to more.whereas if Obama wins the nomination he will have the majority of the Democratic party supporting him in the general election and attracts Independents and some republicans.

5. Iowa is 91% white and it was a shock to the Clintons to see OBAMA won decisievely there

6. The 'teary eyes' and 'fairy tales' were the last bust stop saloon for the Clintons at New Hampshire because if Hilary ever lost that then she will be in big trouble.

7. Even for those that may not like OBAMA they know he is a fresh in everything, he is not one of the civil right movement or baby boomer generation or tainted with washington politics

I don't know how this will play out in the end, but if care is not taken if the Clintons were to isolate the blacks which is what there strategy will backfire to achieve then even if they win the nomination Hillary might lose the elections for lack of black vote.

Just one thought, if OBAMA was to win the nomination, it is sure that Hilary will not take up VP position, then I am wondering whether OBAMA should take up VP if offerred because even though they both belongs to Democrat party, they came from different generation and from different political landscape. CHANGE-V- EXPERIENCE.

Even though Bill Clinton want to explain away the 'fairy tale' as talking about Iraqi war record of OBAMA, i beg to disagree, he is trying to imply that OBAMA candidacy is fairy tale when he was about to roll both the Clinton's over in NH and Hilary cried and got women to rally round her not because they want to vote for her seriosly but because they want to see the contest go the distance. That is why Bill angered black people. he in effect is saying a Black person is not viable enough for the top job.

They, the Clinton's are the fiary tales who want Husband and wife presidency. Infact Obama, if not for the name is half white half black and that even make's him better any of the candidate, at least he has the true diversity which America is all about.

Then feriocious attcak of a former president on one of the candidates is totally uncalled for. if Edwards or the other candidates are viable, the Clintons would have been attacking him or any others. they knew that the most potent candidate is OBAMA and can win against any Republican.

I always say that TIME will tell and Clinton legacy will have be rubbished by the time all this is finished, if they managed to get to the white house maybe he and she has a means of repairing it. It is not only in Nigeria that politicians like to find a ways to come back to office.

Hillary was about to skip both Nevada and S.C if OBAMA has won NH that up on till the few hours and even at exit polls OBAMA was being projected to win.
Re: Is Obama Finished? by somze(f): 2:58pm On Jan 26, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Open your eyes and see what is going on. Even Edwards is hesitant when it comes to critisizing Obama, the clintons now see that this is a race issue with most in the black community and not even a  race to elect the best candidate based on more than skin color with them. Obama is suffering now cause of the blacks who are going for him just cause he is black.
You are right in a way. The race issue was brought up by Obama, his campaign team and maybe the media when they over-critized Hiliary Clinton on her assertion that Rev Martin Luther King's dream was only realised when President Lyndon Johnson passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Obama and his team were also accusing ex-President Bill Clinton of being racially insensitive when he referred to Obama's Campaign as a fairy tale . . . or probably his records on iraq war.

Obama also makes certain comments or campaigns directly to get black votes http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080126/ap_on_el_pr/obama_race;_ylt=ApNA.1EJXQD3mQAzMtZI6Wxh24cA

It is only wise for the Clinton's to use this against him in an indirect way which has now been seen by President Clinton's recent speeches as you guys noted above.

SC has no effect on the Clinton's campaign but it may send a bold message to white America. However one thing we have learnt with Obama is never write him off . . . "Yes He Can" or so he thinks
Re: Is Obama Finished? by vigasimple(m): 3:09pm On Jan 26, 2008
@ Somze

If we take the issues in the order of which they occurs.

1. Fairy tale statement first by Bill

2. Teary eyes of Hilary  - appealling to women

3. A clear statement disrespecting not only MLK but insinuating that it was LBJ that got things done as oppossed to MLK and that only her a white woman in the white house can get thing done not OBAMA 'Change campaign' that washington can only be changed by insider but she forgetiing that this is the same polarised politics that OBAMA is looking to change and build a cross party coalition to move America ahead.

RACISM IS STILL PART OF AMERICA.

But if OBAMA can explain that he is half white half black then even the people will be able to see his diversity apart from what his policies are.

I will also urge OBAMA to keep talking about how his policies are going to be better than Hillary.
Re: Is Obama Finished? by Iman3(m): 3:11pm On Jan 26, 2008
@Somze

Kobojunkie was right.Its not Obama that has helped made this a race issue but black people supporting him.You see that kind of warped thinking even on this forum.People alleging racism where there is none and thus,alienating non-blacks who start to see Obama as merely a black candidate.

When people started screaming,"a black man will never be elected by racist white America,criticisms of Obama are merely down to racism",e.t.c ,it became a self-fulfilling claim.White people start to think,"if all these things are being said when we were genuinely interested in giving this guy a chance,we might as well not vote him anyway"
Re: Is Obama Finished? by somze(f): 3:14pm On Jan 26, 2008
vigasimple:

1.The Clinton's underestimate OBAMA, and they still continue to do so, because even though they care about minorities including blacks  they do so for political convenience.
False.

vigasimple:

2. OBAMA raised about $100m to Hillary $110m in campaign monies. that is very serious, the majority of that monies did not come from BLACK people but from ordinary white low and medium class America. Infact the amount of people that gave to OBAMA are more than Hillary.
One word - Oprah

vigasimple:

3. If Clinton's are able to turn the contest into Black man -v- white woman. One there are more white people and indeed more women in America so they win. To the Clintons it is win win only that matters to them.
Like I explained above, Obama put himself in that mess.

vigasimple:

4. OBAMA has cross party appeal and has been credited with singlehandedly bringing youth , independent and republicans to democrats primaries and with huge turnout.
Then how come he has since lost after Iowa?

vigasimple:

5. Anybody who knows about Hilary in particular, the people who are going to vote for her are already known, she cannot appeal to more.whereas if Obama wins the nomination he will have the majority of the Democratic party supporting him in the general election and attracts Independents and some republicans.
Since Bill joined the race have you checked the polls? November is a long way my man and you think republicans would gather around him?

vigasimple:

5. Iowa is 91% white and it was a shock to the Clintons to see OBAMA won decisievely there
Anyone that knows Iowa knows they would never vote in a woman as candidate. Caucuses are different from normal individual votes.

vigasimple:

6. The 'teary eyes' and 'fairy tales' were the last bust stop saloon for the Clintons at New Hampshire because if Hilary ever lost that then she will be in big trouble.
Er . . . I think she won in Nevada.

vigasimple:

7. Even for those that may not like OBAMA they know he is a fresh in everything, he is not one of the civil right movement or baby boomer generation or tainted with washington politics
Oh please spare me that Obama hype. Every politician is corrupt. What does he have to say about his 17 years relationship with a slum lord?

vigasimple:

Even though Bill Clinton want to explain away the 'fairy tale' as talking about Iraqi war record of OBAMA, i beg to disagree, he is trying to imply that OBAMA candidacy is fairy tale when he was about to roll both the Clinton's over in NH and Hilary cried and got women to rally round her not because they want to vote for her seriosly but because they want to see the contest go the distance. That is why Bill angered black people. he in effect is saying a Black person is not viable enough for the top job.
As if Obama has not made gaffes of his own. Welcome to politics my man. Bill is NOT angered by blacks, I dont know where you got that from. In fact Bill can be referred to as the first Black President for obvious reasons.

vigasimple:

They, the Clinton's are the fiary tales who want Husband and wife presidency. Infact Obama, if not for the name is half white half black and that even make's him better any of the candidate, at least he has the true diversity which America is all about.
The only thing that makes Obama better is he has a better script writer but take that out and he's nothing. Do you watch the debates?

vigasimple:

Then feriocious attcak of a former president on one of the candidates is totally uncalled for. if Edwards or the other candidates are viable, the Clintons would have been attacking him or any others. they knew that the most potent candidate is OBAMA and can win against any Republican.
Where were you when the wives of Edward and Obama attacked HRC. Please be realistic, HRC has been the most attacked candidate. Clinton has every right to support his wife.

vigasimple:

I always say that TIME will tell and Clinton legacy will have be rubbished by the time all this is finished, if they managed to get to the white house maybe he and she has a means of repairing it. It is not only in Nigeria that politicians like to find a ways to come back to office.

Hillary was about to skip both Nevada and S.C if OBAMA has won NH that up on till the few hours and even at exit polls OBAMA was being projected to win.
Clinton legacy rubbished! This is laughable. A balanced budget, lowest unemployment rate, booming US economy. And relative peace with Europe and the rest of the world. The whole world loves Clinton. Except his shortcomings concerning Monica what can you pin on the guy? Where you even around during his reign?
Re: Is Obama Finished? by Iman3(m): 3:21pm On Jan 26, 2008
vigasimple:

@ Somze

My friend,watch that entire Bill Clinton speech where he made the "fairy tale" comment.It was simply to do with Obama's position on Iraq.To allege that this was racist is outrageous.

Bill responded to a question about Obama's claim that he was,unlike Hillary,always against the Iraq campaign.He was chronicling why in his opinion,this was far from the case and refered to it as a "fairy tale".Cue, screams of outrage by hypersensitive blacks who seemed to be horrified that Bill could attack dare Obama so strongly and started waving the racial card.

As far as Hillary's comments about MLK were concerned.I saw nothing racist about it.Like the above case,she was trying to make an innocent but mangled distinction between "rhetoric" and "action".She was trying to say that unlike Obama,she was a person who got things done.

To quickly accuse her of racism was the best gift she was given. Most people couldn't see the racism in the above comments.The only racism is from those who are quick to call others racist upon the slightest provocation.
Re: Is Obama Finished? by somze(f): 3:22pm On Jan 26, 2008
vigasimple:

@ Somze

2. Teary eyes of Hilary  - appealling to women

3. A clear statement disrespecting not only MLK but insinuating that it was LBJ that got things done as oppossed to MLK and that only her a white woman in the white house can get thing done not OBAMA 'Change campaign' that washington can only be changed by insider but she forgetiing that this is the same polarised politics that OBAMA is looking to change and build a cross party coalition to move America ahead.

RACISM IS STILL PART OF AMERICA.

But if OBAMA can explain that he is half white half black then even the people will be able to see his diversity apart from what his policies are.

I will also urge OBAMA to keep talking about how his policies are going to be better than Hillary.
Yes racism is still part  of America if you isolate the issue. But look at the better half. Where in the world can you see this happening. Can a white man contest here in Nigeria? You have a black man whose dad was a Kenyan contesting an election. This is clearly phenominal.

That statement was in no way an insult to MLK no was it totally disrespectful. It was a simple gaffe by HRC as she intended to aim at Obama with his regular references to MLK. What she meant was that you need a president to get things done.

How is Obama's policy better? What policies do you know of? I only know of two - talking with enemies and health. Talking with enemies seems good in theory . . . but alqueda is another issue in itself. Concerning the health part every candidate has flip floped on that issue. Today they say this tomorrow they say something else.
Re: Is Obama Finished? by somze(f): 3:23pm On Jan 26, 2008
I-man:

My friend,watch that entire Bill Clinton speech where he made the "fairy tale" comment.It was simply to do with Obama's position on Iraq.To allege that this was racist is outrageous.

Bill responded to a question about Obama's claim that he was,unlike Hillary,always against the Iraq campaign.He was chronicling why in his opinion,this was far from the case and refered to it as a "fairy tale".Cue, screams of outrage by hypersensitive blacks who seemed to be horrified that Bill could attack dare Obama so strongly and started waving the racial card.

As far as Hillary's comments about MLK were concerned.I saw nothing racist about it.Like the above case,she was trying to make an innocent but mangled distinction between "rhetoric" and "action".She was trying to say that unlike Obama,she was a person who got things done.

To quickly accuse her of racism was the best gift she was given. Most people couldn't see the racism in the above comments.The only racism is from those who are quick to call others racist upon the slightest provocation.

Thank you I-man.

Like I said earlier, the Clinton's did not start the racist card. They are only taking advantage of it and who can blame them? I still think its Obama and his team that started it and it was a serious mistake on their part.

We know that the Clinton's are definitely not racist.
Re: Is Obama Finished? by watchung: 6:13pm On Jan 26, 2008
To all those that say the Clintons didn't inject race into this campaign, you are all right. You see the Obama people/surrogates totally miscontrued the words of the Clintons on both the fairy tale and MLK comments to make it sound like the Clintons were dissing Obama and his campaign. First, the fairy tale comment as some posters have already made clear was directed at his stand on the Iraq war. As far as the MLK statement is concerned, what HRC said was that it takes both inspiration as well as experience and leadership to get things done i.e. the Civil Rights bill. As a matter of fact she only made that statement after Obama compared himself to both JFK & MLK.

To be honest blacks in America as far as I'm concerned are too sensitive when it comes to race and I understand where they are coming from considering what they've gone through. However, on this particular issue I think they are destroying Obama by coming out overtly and espousing that the Clintons are playing the race card when as a matter of fact they are the ones playing that card. If  blacks just shut their mouth up and speak at the voting booth by voting for Obama I have no doubt that he would have had a good chance but as soon as they start crying racism the whites would be like wait a minute what's going on here? This has made them recoil against Obama.

To be honest I think the media are also responsible for what is going on by first misquoting Bill Clinton vis a vis the "fairy tale" comment as well as blowing out of proportion the MLK comment by Hillary.

He may win SC but he ain't gonna win the nomination. His message of change is all good and dandy but when it comes time for the general elections the Republicans are going to smoke him dry. As far as I'm concerned he's a good candidate but running at the wrong time. However, I do think his running now will also give him experience on how to run in the future. I think he needs a little bit more seasoning, maybe a few more years in the senate or maybe run for Governor of Illinois to get executive experience. If he does that and does a good job, I tell you he'll be unstopable.
Re: Is Obama Finished? by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Jan 26, 2008
I-man:

I saw the video myself and wondered how that was turned around to be a race issue. People seem OVER SENSITIVE and basically Obama is taking the hit for their stupidity. Clinton was speaking of something else entirely. What has FAIRY TALE to do with being Black or WHITE?? I really believe that if Obama does not make it, as in become the democratic nominee, it is the BLACK community to take the most of the blame for it. The Media is running it as a race issue cause it seems to fuel those who are too concerned about skin color to see anything else in this. We barely hear what Obama has to say on anything but we are continually pounded daily with how he is the candidates for Blacks everywhere. I mean look at the South Carolina issue. It has been turned into a miserable race issue. I have to say that if I was a voter in that state, I would definitely not vote for him there with all that has been happening this week alone. I would rather vote a republican and get it over with. It's terrible.

For p's sake people, look past the man's skin color and see him as another man in the run for presidency and focus on voting him in, not cause his skin tone is closer to yours but cause he has something to offer that you agree and believe in. My Gosh. Many of those in the so called BLACK community who intend to vote for him still have no clue where he stands on major issues. They are too blind to see past skin color in this race.
Re: Is Obama Finished? by watchung: 8:31pm On Jan 26, 2008
@ kobojunkie -- Well said.

The Blacks are the ones that have ruined Obama's candidacy. In some cases there are truely instances where blacks have been wronged and discriminated against but I believe they don't do themselves any good by always raising the race card for everything single that happens.
Re: Is Obama Finished? by subice(m): 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2008
To those accusing Obama, you can't blame blacks for being sensitive to such issues. Did any of you see the CNN feature on MLK, maybe you'll understand the deep feelings. It's a big part of their history and isn't something to be watered down in any way, especially around the time of MLK's anniversary. Though a good majority of white Americans are not rascist, institutional racism exists a great deal and it's unavoidable that the race card gets played when there is a challenge to the status quo.
It's obvious that the Clinton's would do anything to win. I'm dissappointed in Bill Clinton for the role he has played, one wonders if he's only campaigning for his wife only. If Hillary gets in, he'll obviously have a lot of influence in things.
I think Obama is just what the US needs. However, maybe the top brass prefer to go for the predictable Clinton who they would have in their palms as opposed to the vibrant and not so predictable Obama who would undoubtedly shake things up. That's their fear, the unpredictable!
Either way if Obama wins or loses, race would have played a role.
Re: Is Obama Finished? by Kobojunkie: 9:29pm On Jan 26, 2008
subice:

To those accusing Obama, you can't blame blacks for being sensitive to such issues. Did any of you see the CNN feature on MLK, maybe you'll understand the deep feelings. It's a big part of their history and isn't something to be watered down in any way, especially around the time of MLK's anniversary. Though a good majority of white Americans are not rascist, institutional racism exists a great deal and it's unavoidable that the race card gets played when there is a challenge to the status quo.
It's obvious that the Clinton's would do anything to win. I'm dissappointed in Bill Clinton for the role he has played, one wonders if he's only campaigning for his wife only. If Hillary gets in, he'll obviously have a lot of influence in things.
I think Obama is just what the US needs. However, maybe the top brass prefer to go for the predictable Clinton who they would have in their palms as opposed to the vibrant and not so predictable Obama who would undoubtedly shake things up. That's their fear, the unpredictable!
Either way if Obama wins or loses, race would have played a role.

Don't you people see it?? AS LONG AS YOU CONTINUE TO DWELL ON PAST HURTS AND ISSUES YOU WILL NEVER SEE FUTURE FOR YOUR KIND. OBAMA is being made a victim of what he has little to do with, the PAST OF BLACK PEOPLE. Why can't you get it?? Bill Clinton NEVER SAID A RACIST WORD IF YOU WILL ONLY GET OUT OF YOUR INSECURE NICE PLACE and READ WHAT HE SAID AS IT IS. THE MAN NEVER SAID ANYTHING RACIST.

THIS IS POLITICS. TIT-FOR-TAT is the name of the Game. EVERY SINGLE ELECTION has been that way, all of a sudden because a black man is involved here THE REST HAVE TO WALK ON THEIR TOES?? People need to get over their issues and deal with life.
Re: Is Obama Finished? by McKren(m): 10:41pm On Jan 26, 2008
I-man:

If Hillary was arguing in support of a bill sponsored by the Presidency and explaining to black people why they should appreciate the efforts of the President against the rhetorics of a Civil Rights activist its totally a different issue, and will be considered innocent.

But when a Senator makes such a comment in justifcation of her electability over another Senator, it brings to question why she considers herself a defacto President in waiting and not her opponent.
Re: Is Obama Finished? by watchung: 10:48pm On Jan 26, 2008
Neither Barack nor HRC has a birth right to the Presidency, so they need to battle it out to get the nomination. If he can't take the heat from members of his own party, how is he going to be able to compete with the republicans? This "change" mantra really is begining to drive me insane beause every single politician that has ran to become President always cry about change. We've heard it before.

Look I agree the Clintons are roughing him up a little bit but lets face it this is politics and everybody wants to win. The Obamas have being attacking HRC for a full year.  If you think I'm lying then just take a look at this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN1qZMBE9Gc . That's just one example. The same people that were praising the Clintons are now attacking them as racists because she's running against a black man. This race thing is becoming to piss me off and the longer blacks in the US continue to push it the more likely Barack is going to lose.
Re: Is Obama Finished? by Iman3(m): 12:04am On Jan 27, 2008
McKren:

If Hillary was arguing in support of a bill sponsored by the Presidency and explaining to black people why they should appreciate the efforts of the President against the rhetorics of a Civil Rights activist its totally a different issue, and will be considered innocent.

But when a Senator makes such a comment in justifcation of her electability over another Senator, it brings to question why she considers herself a defacto President in waiting and not her opponent.

You just supplied the answer yourself.The Clintons consider themselves as having a "divine right" to power and often speak in that context.

That Hillary has this "warped" view of herself doesn't justify calling her comments racist. You are effectively saying,"her comments are irrational,thus it must have been made with a racist intent".
Re: Is Obama Finished? by Iman3(m): 12:58am On Jan 27, 2008
Obama has won South Carolina.Hope Hillary comes 3rd. . . . .that will really get Bill barking grin

It seems he nailed a quarter of the white vote and a majority of young white voters
Re: Is Obama Finished? by Dawid: 6:18am On Jan 27, 2008
It was a matter of when and not if the race card issue would come up . . . it was only going to damage one candidate - Obama.
Re: Is Obama Finished? by Dawid: 6:20am On Jan 27, 2008
I-man, Edwards was third Clinton second

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka On MEND Team! / Fg Launches Biometric Registration Of Africans / Bomb Explosion In Un Building In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.