Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence (3350 Views)

Meeting Place For People Born Between June 21 And July 22 (cancer Zodiac Sign) / Those Born September Let's Meet Here. / Those Born October Let Merge Here.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by naijachix(m): 3:33pm On Jan 24, 2008
hi nairalanders, if you're born between the month of Jun21 - 22 Jul, then you're among the lucky few nairalanders.

i promise to give you an updated historical background. see ya!

1 Like

Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by naijachix(m): 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2008
here is the map of cancer. I shall post some historical background later.

cheers

1 Like

Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by Joey82(m): 3:44pm On Jan 24, 2008
i'm cancer, i know some stuffs u know, from vindoheney.
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by Lola4eva(f): 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2008
Im in, so wat do you know that we dont, pls yarn
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by naijachix(m): 11:56am On Jan 25, 2008
joey and lola. check me on bricksvilla@yahoo.com for your 'blessing'.

perhaps you already know that Cancer, the Crab, plays a minor role in the Twelve Labors of Hercules. While Hercules was busy fighting the multi-headed monster, Hydra, the goddess Hera, who did not like Hercules, sent the Crab to distract him. Cancer grabbed onto the hero's toe with its claws, but barely breaking the rhythm of his great battle with Hydra, Hercules crushed the crab with his foot. Hera, grateful for the little crustacean's heroic but pitiful effort, gave it a place in the sky.

yes it's possible you already know this, but just to refresh your memory. you will also need to be reminded in my next posting that cancer has been mis-represented with lots of symbols and meaning. In the Egyptian records of about 2000 BC it was described as Scarabaeus (Scarab), the sacred emblem of immortality,,

to be continued.
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by bricksvill: 12:06pm On Jan 25, 2008
Naijachix, i'm in. ride on, we're all ears.
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by naijachix(m): 12:30pm On Jan 25, 2008
like i said earlier, the Crab plays a minor role in the Twelve Labors of Hercules.

During the 2nd labor of Hercules, which was to fight and kill the Hydra with many heads.
the Hydra called up an ally, the crab which bit Hercules hills and made him vulnerable,
and thus the saying "Hercules Hill".

a lot of mis-representation have been made on the myth of the cancer, In the 12th century, an illustrated astronomical manuscript shows it as a water beetle. Albumasar writes of this sign in the work published in 1489 as a large crayfish. Bartschius and Stanislaus Lubienitzki, in the 17th century, described it as a lobster,

Cancer is said to have been the place for the Akkadian Sun of the South, perhaps from its position at the winter solstice in very remote antiquity. But afterwards it was associated with the fourth month Duzu (June-July in the modern western calendar), and was known as the Northern Gate of Sun.
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by naijachix(m): 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2008
There are differs version of this myth, the Western astrological sign Cancer of the tropical zodiac (June 21 - July 22) differs from the astronomical constellation and the Hindu astrological sign of the sidereal zodiac (July 21–August 9). In Greek mythology this crab was the one that Hercules faced right after he defeated the hydra.

It was also said to be the domicile of the Moon or "House of the Moon", and this concept might have originated from an ancient belief that Moon was located here at the creation of the world. also the Chiness belief that the moon smiles at the earth on july 4th, which is also the time the Cancer is said to be the "exaltation of Jupiter".

meanwhile let's re-visit the myth of Herculean task.

Hercules was the Roman name for the greatest hero of Greek mythology -- Heracles
Like most authentic heroes, Heracles(Hercules) had a god as one of his parents, being the son of the supreme deity Zeus and a mortal woman.

will continue later.

1 Like

Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by naijachix(m): 9:28pm On Jan 25, 2008
cancerians, let me hear from you, so i can continue the talk show.

1 Like

Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by Blackcat(f): 10:34pm On Jan 25, 2008
present
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by naijachix(m): 10:58pm On Jan 25, 2008
just to show you the pix of cancer b4 i cont.

Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by naijachix(m): 9:22pm On Jan 27, 2008
more cancers needed. register your presence now!
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by cutemoses(m): 1:01am On Jan 28, 2008
cancer reporting for duty. HOW UNA DEY?
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by SamDerrick(m): 11:36am On Jan 28, 2008
i dey kampe grin
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by naijachix(m): 12:39pm On Jan 28, 2008
cancers, the stars are facing eastward
meaning the sun is rising on your side

that's to say. . . .you're not going to be sad 2day.

cancers continue to report your presence.
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by thupsie(m): 12:48pm On Jan 28, 2008
Hi every one, I am a cancerian i really need to learn and know more about this sign
Thanks a lot Naijachix
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by naijachix(m): 3:02pm On Jan 28, 2008
thupsie your very welcomed.

like i said earlier, the sun is currently facing the cancerian star. . . .
let me gist you a little about cancerian i.e the cancer native and the sun:

Sun in Cancer natives have a strong survival instinct. They are protective of those they care about,
and of themselves too. They are often quite reticent about sharing their inner selves to the rest
of the world, and are often caught up in reminisce.

Cancers have a reputation for moodiness, although this trait is most evident when the Moon is in Cancer.
Cancer needs roots. They resist change to an extent, and concern themselves about being secure and safe
in almost everything they do.

Cancers can be quite intrigued by objects with history attached to them — antiques, photos,
souvenirs, and the like.

Cancer is a very sensitive sign, and they don't always appreciate it when you are blunt with them.
Their reactions to hurt will depend on how thick a shell they have developed. Most Cancers react by
withdrawing or retreating. Some have developed an ability to manipulate others to get what they want.
They avoid direct confrontations almost as a rule.

see ya leta
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by naijachix(m): 3:06pm On Jan 28, 2008
yes i'm back.

Cancers are, in fact, quite yielding and soft when you have them in the right mood. They are one of the more hospitable signs of the zodiac. Sure, they can be touchy and indirect, but they are also very dependable, caring souls.

Some Famous people with Sun in Cancer: Pamela Anderson, Kevin Bacon, Beck (Sun, Mercury, and Mars in Cancer), Mel Brooks, George Bush Jr., Bill Cosby, Tom Cruise, Willem Dafoe (Sun, Mercury, and Venus in Cancer), Vin Diesel (Sun and Mercury in Cancer), Harrison Ford (Sun, Moon, and Mercury in Cancer), Woody Guthrie (Sun and Moon in Cancer), Jessica Hahn, Tom Hanks, Anjelica Huston (Sun and Mars in Cancer), Ann Landers, Juliette Lewis (Sun, Mercury, and Venus in Cancer), Richard Lewis, Anne Morrow Lindbergh (Sun, Moon, Mercury, and Mars in Cancer), Lindsay Lohan, Courtney Love (Sun and Moon in Cancer), Tobey Maguire, Princess Diana, Carlos Santana, Fred Savage (Sun, Mercury, and Venus in Cancer), Jimmy Smits, Sylvester Stallone, Patrick Stewart, Donald Sutherland (Sun, Mercury, and Mars in Cancer), Montel Williams, Robin Williams (Sun and Moon in Cancer).

i'll talk about the mystery of cancer and the moon in a later post.

enjoy. . . .
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by snugle: 3:20pm On Jan 28, 2008
I am cancerian, born,bred and once dead, a cancer dead!
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by snugle: 3:26pm On Jan 28, 2008
The psychological nature of the pure Cancerian is rather like the physical nature of the crab and other crustaceans: a hard outer shell conceals an interior that is soft and vulnerable to injury. .To outsiders Cancerians present a hard appearance, giving the impression that they are rough and unsympathetic; to those who know them well they are gentle and compassionate. A sea crab is totally attached to its home, in the most literal way, and the pure Cancerian is, in metaphorical terms, equally attached to his/her home - his/her life is centred on partners, parents, children and their surroundings.

A Cancerian is a loyal and devoted friend, an even more devoted parent or child, and one who can be relied upon in all circumstances - Cancerians would rather betray themselves than those who are close to them. As they are themselves so loyal, Cancerians are badly wounded if
others are disloyal to them. Their reaction is almost always to withdraw, like a crab into its shell, rather than to attempt to revenge themselves on those who have hurt them. Cancerian individuals include and have included the poet Byron, the writer and artist Jean Cocteau, the painter
Chagall, the movie star Gina Lollobrigida, and that extraordinary novelist and confidence trickster 'Baron Corvo'.

Sexuality and the Emotions:-
Beneath an outward aspect which suggests coolness to the point of frigidity, Cancerian men and women are often highly sexed. "The Cancerian type was attributed to the Element of Water by the astrologers of old, but as far as the emotions are concerned the Water of the pure Cancerian is that which erupts from volcanic depths rather than that which is found in ice-cold mountain lakes. The strong physical urges of at least some Cancerians are modified by their attachment to the home and those they know well. In a sense Cancerians never leave their parents: the female Cancerian will seek a lover who is also a father figure; the male will rarely value a partner who does not have some maternal qualities. On the whole Cancerians make good long-term relationships. These, however, are sometimes marred by an emotional moodiness which can be trying to those who have to cope with it day by day. Cancerians tend to swing between extremes of attraction and repulsion, elation and depression, optimism and pessimism. Only someone who is prepared to accept such swings of temperament should marry a Cancerian.

General Character:-
The first, and even the second, impression made by a Cancerian is often an unfavourable one. He/she strikes others as ultralogical, a person who does not fully appreciate the feelings and problems of others, who adopts a sternly practical attitude lacking in sympathy
and empathy. Nothing could be more erroneous; whatever their outward aspects, Cancerians are the kindest, most generous and most protective of human beings.
They are also the most sensitive and are extremely easily hurt. Cancerians respond very badly to criticism and such criticism rarely has good results, for Cancerians do not respond to it by making greater efforts in an attempt to do better but by running away from the scene. However good
the motives of the critic, the Cancerian feels under attack and goes into retreat, withdrawing into the crab-like shell which feels familiar and utterly safe. Thus, for example, the Cancerian child who is told that his painting is attractive but that his perspective is defective will respond, not by concentrating on improving his/her perspective, but by giving up painting in favour of metalwork. Similarly, the adult Cancerian will retreat from anyone who does not enthusiastically respond to a kindly action or an agreeable word. There is no doubt that this causes more extrovert types to find considerable difficulty in establishing good relationships with Cancerians. If they persist, however, it is well worth the effort, for it would be hard to find a more rewarding friend or associate than a Cancerian whose trust has been won.

Life-Style:-
Home is the most important aspect of the pure Cancerian's life, and if he/she is to be happy at work the workplace must acquire some of the characteristics of home. That is to say, the Cancerian must feel secure in his/her work and feel that workmates are all part of some enormous family. Any type of enterprise which demands the utmost loyalty from its staff and, in turn, endeavours to protect them from the harshness of the outside world provides an admirable work environment for the pure Cancerian -a university, an old-established school or a traditional financial concern, for example. Nevertheless, a Cancerian's work life must not be too humdrum: Cancerians are often imaginative, in spite of their sometimes pedestrian outward aspect, and they also tend to be shrewd and intelligent. Any successful Cancerian career must provide some scope for these qualities. Provided the home environment is right, Cancerians do not care whether that home is in the depths of the countryside or the midst of the city.
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by naijachix(m): 3:39pm On Jan 28, 2008
snugle, you're highly and honorably welcomed.

the house is becoming more interesting. . . .

yes, lets talk about the the cancer and the moon. in late jun and early jul the moon is mostly in a deep love relationship with the cancer native.
let's face it. The Moon is "at home" in the sign of Cancer, as the Moon is the natural ruler/care-taker of the sign,caring for her like a husband should care for his lovely wife.

Moon in Cancer natives have a large potential to be able to get in touch with the feelings and moods of others. Often, they are quite wrapped up in themselves. Their memories of the past are outstanding, especially for all things emotional. Moon in Cancer people are never detached—they cling to things, their home, and people they care for. They seek out security and familiarity in all they do. They look for peace and quiet. Their attachment to all that is safe means they are a little leery of change.

These peace-loving souls dislike superficiality in all of its forms. They are devoted and accommodating. The insecure ones accumulate things in an attempt to feel secure.

Because of their strong attachment to, and memory of, the past, others may complain that Moon in Cancer natives tend to whip a dead horse. They may dwell on hurts long after everyone else has moved on. When they feel they have been taken for granted (which may be often!), they don't always confront others directly. This is when they can use roundabout ways to get your attention. In fact, these natives, when they are insecure, can become quite manipulative. They can also be victims of habit.

These people can have a hard time compartmentalizing their lives, simply because their watery Moon tends to know no boundaries. Sometimes, as a result, they may act irrationally.

One of the most delightful characteristics of Moon in Cancer people is their loony sense of humor. These people can be extraordinarily funny. Their moodiness can baffle others, but their unique outlook on life is something most people can appreciate.

When treated with tenderness and understanding, Moon in Cancer natives return the favor with warmth and protection. Give them security, and you'll take the crabbiness out of the Crab, at least for awhile.

abeg i de come. . . .

cancerians keep pouring in. . . .later jo.

1 Like

Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by uf4oma(f): 4:22pm On Jan 28, 2008
Ex cancerian. Now a spirit controlled melancholy-phlegmatic wink
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by Lola4eva(f): 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2008
@naijachix and snugle, more pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, im learning
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by tkb417(m): 6:50pm On Jan 28, 2008
June 26, cancer but if i should read all these things, ill go crazy.
no space in my head again
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by naijachix(m): 9:45pm On Jan 28, 2008
i had a wonderful day 2day,

just hope you handsome and beautiful guys and girls in the house had a great time too.

yes, i must not forget to tell you guys about the various planetary system, abi na solar system de de call am!
and their relationship with cancer. abeg make una no laugh, but shebi they say venus, for greek,abi na greece;
na goddess of love? grin grin grin

yes, but my astrology teacher talk say venus bi planet of home and. . . .

1munite please. . . .i de come.

1 Like

Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by naijachix(m): 9:45pm On Jan 28, 2008
ya i'm back.

sorry 4 the break in transmission.

here is the relationship of cancer and the various planet friends and relatives:

Ruling Planet: Moon
Career Planet: Mars
Love Planet: Saturn
Money Planet: Sun
Planet of Fun, Creativity and Speculations: Pluto
Planet of Health and Work: Jupiter
Planet of Home and Family Life: Venus
Planet of Spirituality: Mecury
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by londonlady(f): 9:48pm On Jan 28, 2008
ahn ahn,  this is dicrimination now.

I'm capricorn and i want my own historical background dammit!  angry

all those that are born in january stand up stand up,  aringa ringa roseees, God bless you!
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by goodguy(m): 9:56pm On Jan 28, 2008
@topic:

Aye!

July 10 - the best day of any year. cool
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by naijachix(m): 10:02pm On Jan 28, 2008
sory londonlady,
are you even invited to this thread?

ok! cancers are wonderful and loving personalities,
so you're welcomed, but only as a guest.

abeg cancerians, my decision is subject to be debated in this honourable house,
senate abi na house of rep?
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by bricksvill: 10:11pm On Jan 28, 2008
i second the motion that says strangers are invited but they must not have to say a word.

GBAM!!!

naijachix ride on!
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by remiloy(m): 11:12pm On Jan 28, 2008
here is a cancerian, am in this. lets ride and get to know the hiden truth and facts.

whats the implication of two cancerian getting together (boy and girl)
Re: Cancers: Those Born Between 21 Jun - 22 Jul. Register Your Presence by micklplus(m): 6:39am On Jan 29, 2008
i am a cancerian forever

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Birthday, Hezron Lorraine! / Meet American Single Ladies And Live In Usa / Proudly Esan Thread! Come In Lets Meet And Hookup.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.