Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam (11647 Views)

Who Else Received This From Glo? All Of U Tweaking Diarisgod! / GLO All Purpose Data Pack Is A Fraud / Get 4.5gb For 2500 On Glo All Day/night. #glo Overload. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by Nathany(m): 9:07pm On Oct 19, 2012
You can only imagine how the mobile telecoms operators are just extorting and defrauding Nigerians with there ill taught out promos and lottery. Just the other day one of them proposed to hand over an airplane to a randomly selected winner shocked what higher form of con-tricks are there.

Well you haven't seen it all trust me, as even our own indigenous operator, Globacom Nigeria pulled their own scam stunt on innocent victims/winners of there all expense paid trip to Manchester promo to watch man-u live at old-traford since last year September, imagine an ordinary trip to the uk for a few winners they cannot provide even with the enormous profit being skimmed out of the pockets of Nigerians, measuring into billions on dollars yearly. How much more the ones promising aeroplane to just a random customer mcheeewww angry .

Surprising but true, It happened with a Glo promo which i was confirmed winner of the trip to the United Kingdom, Scheduled for sometime before the Ending of Last year December 2011... and up till date i haven't seen any effort by Globacom to fulfill their pledge.

The presentation of my price winning as seen in the picture which is attached to this write up was televised by two TV stations NTA and Channels, during which i had an interview session with reporters from NTA telling Nigerians how true and real the promo was, and thanking them plentifully little did i know embarassed, as well as two other National Newspapers The punch and Guardian Newspapers a copy of the guardian newspaper which i have.

My efforts to reclaim my winning was to no avail as i kept calling the promo manager Mr Wole Bankole and he kept telling me month after month since October last year that the management was still sitting to decide on the matter, not until May this year that he finally opened up the true nature of what had transpired as false and in his words he said "They are not going to send me on any trip anymore and that i should go ahead and do my worst"
Since then i had sent a letter to them by a lawyer in Afe Babalola requesting specific performance, and copied the NCC they replied NCC saying that they were unable to procure entry visa, that i should go get a visa for my self then they might consider sending me on another trip.

Eventually after struggling with the intervention of NCC and the Ministry of justice Lagos with several meeting appointments many of which they did not show up at all as well as numerous letters, they came up with there silencer for me the noisy troublemaker, that i should take N200,000 and shut my mouth or else i go meet them in court.

You can only imagine how manipulative they are, after all the publicity they used me for, not even covering the amount i have spent so far in getting them to eventually talk, considering that i won the star price and even at the event, other consolation prices that were won included 1,000,000 for some other winners. Well they have good bases for the confidence in the multinational legal entity they must be parading, even resently i heard from someone his own story of the exact same thing that happened to him in this same glo promo scam in 2009 and he got away with nothing well he did not have sufficient evidence.

Is this how the trend should be allowed to continue in this country? should they be allowed to deal all sort of dubiously with Nigerians and get away with it as frequently as they want?

Would like this story to go as far as Dr Mike Adenuga (GCON) so he gets to see how his promo managers are mistreating the General public with deception and foul play in there various promo scams. Am positive he would take action to correct the trend, i am not fighting for the money or myself alone, i am fighting for the rights of many more of such victims that are sure to result if the trend was not corrected.

And if the case finally would have to be decided on by the Nigerian law court, we need a vibrant judiciary one that we can TRUST & its cases like these that give confidence in the existence of the rule of law in Nigeria. For our nations sake, and the sake of our futu sadre.

8 Likes

Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by tosrich(m): 10:08pm On Oct 19, 2012
In Nigeia, everything is possible..........what do you expect in a lawless nation? it cant get better.

1 Like

Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by ebamma(m): 10:09pm On Oct 19, 2012
oga u sef like freebies pass me oh,why u no just collect them the 200k go your way,abi u tink say money dey grow on trees for manchester na him make u insist to travel go dia?
Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 19, 2012
I'll advise you take them to court.
Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by DICKtator: 10:11pm On Oct 19, 2012
Incredible!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
This is gross. After going through all the stress of playing and eventually winning?
don't give up bro. Sue them.
Where are the regulatory bodies for these promotions that these coys keep using to fleece the populace?
They seriously need to wake up!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by Fogman(m): 10:11pm On Oct 19, 2012
This is unbelivable.

1 Like

Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by AK481(m): 10:12pm On Oct 19, 2012
na wao
Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 19, 2012
glo baba
Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by reeeT(f): 10:13pm On Oct 19, 2012
How sad embarassedthe truth of the story is in Naija,nothing goes for nothing.All this promo's na wash.just take the 200,000 better late than never
Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by olaolayink(m): 10:15pm On Oct 19, 2012
sorry bro.....i wonder why nigerian believe in all this stupid promo.....everything in Nigeria is a scam..... my advice is that you should get a good lawyer and take them to court
Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by jossy26: 10:16pm On Oct 19, 2012
But we can't just sit down and watch this companies scamming us big time. Am considering aluu 4 thinz on these corporate scammers.... All of dem suck big time #no offense#
Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by Shalome(m): 10:16pm On Oct 19, 2012
I don't even know what to say...i ve heard Stranger Tales for tis Naija
Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by tolsee(m): 10:16pm On Oct 19, 2012
Naija I hail thee o! What an excuse for a country! An una talk sey Yankee worse pass! Trust me, even the illegal immigrant here get right for here, worse case dem go deport am grin
Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by CGKing(m): 10:17pm On Oct 19, 2012
I knew it. Bloody liars. I krpt telling ppl sll these promos they do r nothing but crap. I knew they use their relatives earlier, have them smile at the cam and settle them later. Guy, am with u on this. They will get a taste of the nigerisn social media.

That bloody airplane disaster promo posses me off anytime I see it. These guy have no restraint.
Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by ballabriggs: 10:19pm On Oct 19, 2012
Na only Glo?

Even your government presents phoney economic growth figures, so why not Glo?

1 Like

Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by onyxo76(m): 10:21pm On Oct 19, 2012
i always knew all those promo were just scams. now we are seeing with our very eyes the evidence displayed above.how can we be so gaulible that someone will win aeroplane,what will i use to maintain it?
Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by damola1: 10:23pm On Oct 19, 2012
This is a simple matter. Very simple....

Linda Ikeji, bella naija, nairaland, channels tv, come here wetin happen oh..!.. u don't need court.. they used you for positive marketing.. just take the positive out of it...

Dem go line up soon...

3 Likes

Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by CGKing(m): 10:25pm On Oct 19, 2012
See the guy. See theif. The guy holding the fraud paper check with the winner in the second shot. U can tell he knew something was going to happen....or not happen.

2 Likes

Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by fapcrook(m): 10:25pm On Oct 19, 2012
ebamma: oga u sef like freebies pass me oh,why u no just collect them the 200k go your way,abi u tink say money dey grow on trees for manchester na him make u insist to travel go dia?
some people sha,, they just want to comment

6 Likes

Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by ebamma(m): 10:25pm On Oct 19, 2012
I rememba playing etisalat's promo, in which the winner will get an all expense paid trip to watch barca live,i spent almost 20k on recharge cards to play the game but i won noting,not even a consolation price,since then i have learnt my lesson,avoid naija telcom companies promos the are scams

1 Like

Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by GentleNaaz(m): 10:26pm On Oct 19, 2012
Na so MTN scam dm own 150% bonus 2 any rechard. Evry tn in naija don turn 2 china, ntw providers china, lif in north china, presidntial promises china, politicians china, PHCN china, JAMB china, evn me way dy talk ft b china o..........

2 Likes

Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by otokx(m): 10:29pm On Oct 19, 2012
Tempted to shout, lets see what GLO would say in defense but the evidence looks overwhelming.
Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by Ijebulogic(m): 10:29pm On Oct 19, 2012
My brother - dont back down (or listen to anybody advising you to "manage" the 200k). It is people like you who have the guts to challenge the injustice in this country (at all levels) that will change this country. Please also contact Saharareporters,Channels etc and expose these "corporate scammers". Well done my man.

5 Likes

Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by otokx(m): 10:30pm On Oct 19, 2012
Ijebulogic: My brother - dont back down (or listen to anybody advising you to "manage" the 200k). It is people like you who have the guts to challenge the injustice in this country (at all levels) that will change this country. Please also contact Saharareporters,Channels etc and expose these "corporate scammers". Well done my man.

Don't put your trust in the media, they can leave you high and dry.

1 Like

Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by mrkels(m): 10:30pm On Oct 19, 2012
WTF? Cmon trip to uk glo cant afford, then na aeroplane mtn go come fit give person? Na God go punish MTN ...This is embarrassing...Calling on all bloggers/Website owners to pick up this story,publish and share so we wont get scammed especially by the useless MTN wonder promotion. Bloody scammers

4 Likes

Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by Bunchersstab(m): 10:33pm On Oct 19, 2012
08035052901 Cal me. I can get u a good lawer who will sue their ass
Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by onyxo76(m): 10:33pm On Oct 19, 2012
ebamma: I rememba playing etisalat's promo, in which the winner will get an all expense paid trip to watch barca live,i spent almost 20k on recharge cards to play the game but i won noting,not even a consolation price,since then i have learnt my lesson,avoid naija telcom companies promos the are scams
ol boy you really fall that move?
Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by Donlouise(m): 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2012
Na 2day all of dem na theiving strategy naim b promo 4 naija. Bt wait d only tin u fit win 4 promo na T.shirt, Biro,Books&Free drinks grin
Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by TheMadameXimena(f): 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2012
I sympatize with you.

What you need is class action. Gather other "victims" and institute a social networking war. Start with twitter and maybe you tube and watch it go viral. It will land on facebook and maybe huffingpost.com and cnn.
The telecoms companies in nigeria should stop insulting their customers, especially mtn with their "aeromplan".

If glo was in d UK and they tried this, they would have been sued for series of damages.

I hope you get to visit manchester. It is a lovely place.
Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by blkmum700: 10:35pm On Oct 19, 2012
ebamma: oga u sef like freebies pass me oh,why u no just collect them the 200k go your way,abi u tink say money dey grow on trees for manchester na him make u insist to travel go dia?

u know well abi,why he go collect the money dem offer am,200K na ur problem,after them trick am,carry them go court and sue them for 1 billion naira from there una go start negotiation maybe settle for 500Million for the damage they course you,Using you has a trick to scam nigerians say you don win and dem no carry u go anywhere..

All Nigeria Network companies na fraudsters get am,MTN win Aeroplane,Glo win to watch Man United and he get one way say we fit win two Marcopolo BRT BUS.
Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by 2chains1(m): 10:36pm On Oct 19, 2012
2chainzzzzzzzz! TRUUU!!!!!
Feel your pain BUT a dumbass commented here, well..... U know ursef.
Re: Glo's All Expense Paid Trip To Manchester Scam by Toheeb31(m): 10:37pm On Oct 19, 2012
Glo all expense paid trip to manchester is not a scam. My dad was fortunate to be among 4 winners dat went last year july/august. My dad and a male teacher 4rn ondo state, a married woman 4rm Abuja and a young banker(female) 4rm lagos. Dey spent a week. He even shake wit rooney and he sat at his corner in d locker room. He was given one certificate like dat. IT REAL but I can't say if any other set as gone after his set. @op sorry bro. Sue deir fuckin assss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Get 1MB For Just N5 Daily On MTN / Blackberry Service / South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.