Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,215 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Fixed Wireless Phones in Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Fixed Wireless Phones in Nigeria (3344 Views)

Fixed Wireless Terminal Phone Internet Settings For Visafone / Fixed Line Wireless Phones In Nigeria / Information About Reltel Fixed Wireless- Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fixed Wireless Phones in Nigeria by obong(m): 1:58pm On Aug 05, 2005
Its interesting to see these things are just coming out here in the US. How popular are fixed wireless phones in nigeria? Is that the only mode of land lines people use?
Re: Fixed Wireless Phones in Nigeria by hotangel2(f): 8:13am On Aug 10, 2005
yeah.. I like the Fixed wireless phones. It allows you to carry around your phone terminal when moving from room to room. Infact you can put it in your car when moving within the city.

I doubt if that's in Nigeria.
Re: Fixed Wireless Phones in Nigeria by nddy(m): 8:30am On Aug 10, 2005
its in Nigeria but its not as common as it is here in the US.
Re: Fixed Wireless Phones in Nigeria by diakim(m): 5:56pm On Aug 10, 2005
The Fixed Wireless phone is becoming very popular in Nigeria. Nearly every working class or middle-income homes have it now. It came as a relief to so many people who have been trying to get NITEL landlines in the past and were frustrated by NITEL inadequacies and lack of plans.

Though the market is not yet saturated, but we have many Fixed Wireless Operators in Nigeria now, who have helped to give NITEL and GSM operators good competition. Most of them provide data services as well as voice calls.

Most Home internet users are connected to Fixed Wireless Operators, who are striving hard now to compete for the available market, wooing prospective customers with a lot of incentives like free weeknd calls to their network, free weekend internet browsing, reduced international call rates between midnight and the early hours of the day, etc.
Re: Fixed Wireless Phones in Nigeria by abuguy64(m): 6:08pm On Aug 10, 2005
Hey,
Do we have this in Nigeria!Great,and with internet Super?!Please anybody with the info on how to get it? Abeg I need am!
It arrived just recently in quetta,Pakistan. I picked up one a month ago,for about 90 usd,and I have no regrets.
I sure will love to have it in niaja.
More Details biko,ejo,don Allah
Re: Fixed Wireless Phones in Nigeria by obong(m): 10:46pm On Aug 10, 2005
hot angel, fixed wireless actually isnt very popular in the US.
Re: Fixed Wireless Phones in Nigeria by Tobi(m): 4:02pm On Aug 30, 2005
Hey who is talking abt fixed wireless in 9jar? we have graduated to mobile wireless now oo.
Companies like Intercelullar, Starcomms and MultiLinks now offer this mobile wireless.
Re: Fixed Wireless Phones in Nigeria by abuguy64(m): 6:14pm On Aug 30, 2005
Hi Tobi,
Can you give more info on this service. Seems most are rather limited to Lagos,Abuja,P/Harcourt. Do they have internet connections.Thanks
Re: Fixed Wireless Phones in Nigeria by DEKING3(m): 6:38pm On Aug 30, 2005
There are fixed wireless now, infact, I cannot recollect some of them but here are some. Multilinks, Intercellular, MTS First wireless, Starcomms. All these have both voice and data services which vary in models and prices. You can visit their offices in Victoria Island. Multilinks also have a branch at Apapa (Madandola house, wharf road).
Re: Fixed Wireless Phones in Nigeria by abuguy64(m): 1:07pm On Sep 16, 2005
Well thanks for the update Tobi,but am not in Nigeria right now,just need info about availability outside Lagos-in Ibadan to be exact.Any of these services available in Ibadan,do you know?Thanks,and sorry am being an Oliver Twist! grin smiley
Re: Fixed Wireless Phones in Nigeria by misssawa: 3:06pm On Sep 16, 2005
Fixed wireless operators websites:

www.starcomms.com

www.intercellular-ng.com

www.multilinks.com

They are using CDMA 1X technology (as opposed to GSM)
Re: Fixed Wireless Phones in Nigeria by afadun: 1:38pm On Dec 09, 2005
Hello,
Anybody with contact details of HR in first wireless and Intercellular, both web pages seem to be havin issues, i need to contact some people in both organistaions
Re: Fixed Wireless Phones in Nigeria by photoshoot(m): 3:35pm On Dec 13, 2016
Tobi:
Hey who is talking abt fixed wireless in 9jar? we have graduated to mobile wireless now oo.
Companies like Intercelullar, Starcomms and MultiLinks now offer this mobile wireless.

angry you just used the moniker like that without considering others who bear the name undecided

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive Look At Thr Features Of Tecno Boom J7 / Guess What Is Coming On Jumia? / Latest Free Airtel #1,200 Airtime Now Active

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.