Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,478 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

My Relationship And My Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Relationship And My Religion (613 Views)

Losing My Religion / Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me / My Relationship With A Married Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Relationship And My Religion by idmoore(m): 6:24am On Oct 21, 2012
I am 27, have been in a
relationship with a Lady i love so much since 2003 and we are planning to get married and our both parents knows about our relationship and they do encourage us physically and spiritually, we are just
a fresh graduating students of part time programme in a Lagos tertiary institution.
I am from a muslim background and she is from a devoted and humble christian home and my mother loves her for who she is,recently since late last year i developed the interest of going to church and become a christian, so i started going to church a white garment church precisely and i really enjoyed my fellowship and worship in the church.
Few weeks back my mothers suspected that i do go to church and she asked me with a frown face then i told her that Yes am going to a church and am on my way right now for a fellowship,
she seized my bible instantly and i didnt argue with her but i told her that am going and that wont stop me to go to where am going and i told her that bye-bye.
By the time i came back from church she had told my dad and my dad called me, want me to confirm to him where i went to this morning i told him politely that Yes! I want to church for a special programme and he replied that he cannot dictate my life for me as a man that he can only advice me on how to live my life that i can either do Islam or
christianity religion but he told me that it would have being more better if i have being living on my own and i thanked him but my mother wasnt really pleased with my dads opinion on the issue. Two weeks later mother saw my white garment in my room while i was at work, she reported the case to my dad and my dad told ask me about the garment when i came and i told him that i own the garment and i put it on in church for worship service.

He replied that he thinks we have
concluded this issue now and told him Yes and he told my mother to leave me alone but my mum disagrees with my dads opinion that she is not in support i should become a christian that even if am married to a Deckoness that i shouldnt become a christian instead we should remain with our background religion respectively, i laughed it off and probabl she wouldnt know the implication of married couple practicing different religion.

Now my problem is that how i can
covince her to allow me be a christian and live a christian life cause i have been comfortable with the christianity religion and i enjoy it like that.
What do i do change her mind towards me?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Exports Religion, India Exports Cars / Name And Recognition / Armaggeddon: Real Or Symbolic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.