Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,727 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. (20345 Views)

Make #58,496.71 With 50 In 21days.......... A Real Deal. / Mitt Romney Vs Evander Holyfield In Boxing Ring! [video] / Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by Rooneyboy(m): 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2012
Okija_juju: This was exactly what someone was trying to warn P-square brothers against on a thread that showed two burly looking security men standing outside their gates..

Money is like a bird.. If mishandled, will simply fly away..
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by omoola007(m): 5:07pm On Oct 22, 2012
this is why he went bankrupt. Imagine maintaining this daily.

when its not like he had an oil field

http://projects.ajc.com/gallery/view/sports/0606holyfield/

Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
Rooneyboy:

yep bro !
I remember vividly , and I was the one that made that comment about financial management and prudent spending.
Before one certain ricky_ross tackled me on the grounds that psquare guys were mature enough to know hw to spend their money and that they had a fatherly figure working with them.
One thing I do know about life is that God our creator gives man at least a chance to become great in life, however, if not well utilized he withdraws that grace from u and gives It to some other persons that are in need of what u do not appreciate.
That's the reason y we often hear the phrase
"Money miss road" .

Nice one. I believe that too, although a very lucky few receive more than one chance. . .but that's rare though.

1 Like

Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by gwas(m): 5:10pm On Oct 22, 2012
Common sense no be by muscle
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by IYuckMoufI: 5:14pm On Oct 22, 2012
Didn't even spell the niqqah name right.

Who the fuc is "Hollyfield"

Show some respect to a Legend.
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 22, 2012
omoola007: this is why he went bankrupt. Imagine maintaining this daily.

OMFG. Looks like one of Sheikh Al Maktoum's golden palaces. This shows that there's a great difference between being a 'mere' multi millionaire and being a certified dollar billionaire. The former simply cannot afford to maintain these kinds of grand, excessive indulgences on a consistent basis. That's why I laughed at the oafs who believed that P Square bought a private jet.
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by IYuckMoufI: 5:16pm On Oct 22, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
Typical black american ...NEXT!

topsyking: That's why most men in american kill their wife...how will u feel after working ur whole life..for a common woman to divorce u and get half of ur wealth plus houses, cars..dats rubbish..I remember when billonaira dehinde fernades wife won try dat rubbish.he remind d court dey never marry in uk but in nigeria..dats what save him...as evil as a woman..dey can make u regret ur life in one hr

phreakabit:

Oh boy you can say that again. I bet 85% of that money went into fried chicken, malt liquor, kool aid, clubbing "balling" and don't forget. . . The almighty Latinas and "PAWGS"! Black Americans are a waste of space.

They goin in on American Niqqers!!! hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Ma niqqah said Malt Liquor and Kool aid!!!

haahahahhahahahahahahahahah!!!!! !LmL!
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by Okijajuju1(m): 5:17pm On Oct 22, 2012
omoola007: this is why he went bankrupt. Imagine maintaining this daily.

Sweet Virgin Mary!shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

What did a nigga need all this for?!

Poverty sure is a biitch..
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by Wallie(m): 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2012
Let me show you how Holyfield can blow through $350M.

1. Boxing promoter gets about 1/3 = leaves $233M
2. After taxes at 38%, he's left with = $144M cash
3. He has to pay his manager and staff (assuming he paid them $20M over the years) = $124M left

Out of the $124M, he has
4. Child support payments of $500,000 per year for 11 kids
5. Several failed business ventures. Only God knows how much was lost! The funny thing is that people think it is easy to make money! If you've never made money from scratch and you suddenly wake up with millions of dollars in your account, the worst mistake you will make is thinking you've suddenly become a "business man"!
6. 104-acre house with 109 rooms. The maintenance of this house will easily be over $1M per year.
6. Lastly, there's the possibility that he only made over $248M over his career.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 22, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
Typical black american ...NEXT!

phreakabit:

Oh boy you can say that again. I bet 85% of that money went into fried chicken, malt liquor, kool aid, clubbing "balling" and don't forget. . . The almighty Latinas and "PAWGS"! Black Americans are a waste of space.

And these are the same Ibhoe monkeys MzDarkSkin was fighting for lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by ZeusI: 5:27pm On Oct 22, 2012
When i hear the news of the systematic policy of enslaving the masses in U.S, despite their 'absolutism' or 'police state' clothed with deceptive democracy, i cringe in dismay and thanks God for making me a Nigerian. Imagine a country where a hardworking illiterate has 100% hope and faith to be a billonair tomorrow. In U.S, any penniless up-standing mammal has no hope of maintaining his/her accumulation of wealth. Micheal Jackson, mike tyson hoolyfield name them, this is a country where you're taxed to the last cent you possess and if you seem too much for that they set you up to be araigned for smiling at a dog and call it 'lustful' hence: rape/ psychological sexual assult, trust those illuminatists for manipulating people. Animals now has more right in U.S than the masses, yet everyday, they are made to see themselves as citizens most cared for - delusional beings they are. Why would a sane machinery called govt compile a statute that inflicts a fund or tax owed by a demised person on his/her children? Insanity! Any Nigerian that will mock Nigeria and tell me that he/she is residing in America will receive a dirty slap from me. America is a slave to Israel; God forsaken country where gay and abortion is legalised; enslavement-country where no man is free, yet these men are made to understand that they are free; an aggressive entity that promotes intrusive policy of interfering in another sovereign entity in the name of 'opposing terrorism and despots' while accommodating same, imagine Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Bharain etc; a theiving-charlatan that invades nations and sponsors social and political cataclysm(as is the case in Nigeria) to steal their(the coutries) natural resouces amidst confussion. I denounce the U.S govt and pity their deluded masses, if you are not a member of illuminati, freemason and skull and bones occult, you will never make any meaningful progress in that satanic entity.~exit>

4 Likes

Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by Saintsquare(m): 5:27pm On Oct 22, 2012
stagger: Does anyone know how much $350million is in Naira?

If he had succeeded in saving even 1% of that money and relocating to Naija, his life would be a whole lot different.
bros,dat 1% 4 naija no be small money o.
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by soloqy: 5:30pm On Oct 22, 2012
Phreakabit and chippy chappy, show some respect. Also why generalize like that?How do you think some decent "Black Americans" reading this, would feel?
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by dabossman(m): 5:30pm On Oct 22, 2012
And when some of us here on NL try to advice our young Nigerian musicians and actors to be careful how they spend money on frivolities and unnecessary hype, we are labelled "haters". "Leave them alone jor", the apologists yell. "Is it your money?" "Go and make your own and stop beefing." I wonder how many of our "superstar" celebrities can boast of having made $350m in their entire career.

So, if you feel that "small change" you are making from shows and Nollywood movies, or telecoms endorsements can never run out, think again. There were some folks in the limelight before you. Where are they today?
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by IYuckMoufI: 5:45pm On Oct 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

And these are the same Ibhoe monkeys MzDarkSkin was fighting for lipsrsealed

Yup it is the same igbos.

Lmao...

Malt Liquor and Kool Aid....LmL

You Yorubas must have it tough putting up with them cause that Joke was Vicious!

Let me go in the kitchen and grab me a bottle of hennessy and malt liquor and then go Igbo Huntin in a tribal Room. grin

Soon as these pills kick in you niqqahs bout to get it......

Hook Bulbous Nosed Lookin Mouthafoukas ...

Let me get my Malt Liquor Right Quick...Ill be Back! Ya hook Nosed Poverty Riddden, Slum Dwelling Bastards. grin

1 Like

Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by kuzzieOtiz: 5:48pm On Oct 22, 2012
Should have worn a CONDOM dummy.
How can squander away $350 Million Dollars? I don't feel sorry for him in fact this is not sad at all.
That is what you get for the love of blondes. cheesy
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by Mrchippychappy(m): 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2012
I-YuckMouf-I:

Yup it is the same igbos.

Lmao...

Malt Liquor and Kool Aid....LmL

You Yorubas must have it tough putting up with them cause that Joke was Vicious!

Let me go in the kitchen and grab me a bottle of hennessy and malt liquor and then go Igbo Huntin in a tribal Room. grin

Soon as these pills kick in you niqqahs bout to get it......

Hook Bulbous Nosed Lookin Mouthafoukas ...

Let me get my Malt Liquor Right Quick...Ill be Back! Ya hook Nosed Poverty Riddden, Slum Dwelling Bastards. grin

Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by soochukwu(m): 6:03pm On Oct 22, 2012
Very Funny,no pity
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by cap28: 6:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
Evander Holyfield is not alone, check out former NBA star Antoine Walker - he was once worth $100m - he is now bankrupt, i dont really blame these guys - its a combination of generosity, bad luck, bad investements, parasitic hangers on the list goes on. this guy was actually taking care of 50 of his childhood friends who were basically sponging off him until the money finished, he also had a terrible gambling addiction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=xqlz3QwM6R4&feature=endscreen
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by RickyRoss1(m): 6:16pm On Oct 22, 2012
Rooneyboy:

yep bro !
I remember vividly , and I was the one that made that comment about financial management and prudent spending.
Before one certain ricky_ross tackled me on the grounds that psquare guys were mature enough to know hw to spend their money and that they had a fatherly figure working with them.
One thing I do know about life is that God our creator gives man at least a chance to become great in life ,however, if not well utilized he withdraws that grace from u and gives It to some other persons that are in need of what u do not appreciate.
That's the reason y we often hear the phrase
"Money miss road" .

I said it before bros and I will say it again. Nigerians are not like westerners, most Nigerians know where they come from, Psqaure is never gonna go broke like this. And this is no news, there are many Americans that won millions of dollars in lotteries and within 3 years they are broke again. So many American basketball players go broke once they retire. In their country they believe in their government, their government will always help them one way or another, in Nigeria you are on your own.

Also, coming to Nigeria to advise a musician or footballer is out of context, if you so much loved Psquare you should contact him through their website or facebook page, they dont read Nairaland posts. As for Hollyfield, i don't feel sorry for him, what he enjoyed under 5 years most Nigerians will not smell a tenth of it till they die. So if he is broke now let me face the consequences. And just like Tyson, he can always come out of this mess one way or another...
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by YuckMouf: 6:16pm On Oct 22, 2012
Igbos in here clowning Black Americans?

Hold on let me quickly remind them the Black Ethnic Hierarchy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr0-NKkV-RI

Look at that Punk azz Igbo fool getting his dome smashed on by Kobe....mwuahahahaahh

See that's what happens when a Igbo Challenges a Black American...

Better stick to Tribalism against Yoruba....

Keep fhhucking around and Ill have Oprah Winfrey BUY Igbo land and sell it to Cameroon

Now if you will excuse me, I got some Malt Liquor and Fried Chicken to attend to in the kitchen.

1 Like

Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by Remmyode(m): 6:38pm On Oct 22, 2012
omodapson: No hard feelings, still, lessons will not be learnt.

Wa gbayi jare.
Those guys are fucking fortunate to get to get that wealth that they blew away like wind. I'm indifference about what is happening in their life. I'm still begging God day and night just to bless me with $1m cash at once and let HIM look back 2years after to see the miracle I would have perform in life. Bunch of Gamblers(Tyson and Holyfield).
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by clemmonce(m): 7:02pm On Oct 22, 2012
[quote author=obadiah777]however holyfield is more fortunate than 99 percent of america. he has a brand. his name is a brand. all he needs is a PR agent who will get him shows like celebrity big brother etc etc. he can easily become a millionaire again if he wants. itsup to him./quote]do you think it is that easy. and who told u he has thought of it. my guy be thankful for yor life
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by cap28: 7:05pm On Oct 22, 2012
apparently he's been forced to sell off that beautiful mansion at a public auction cos he's owing the IRS back taxes - jeez!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E72Vz55cDbI
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 22, 2012
What's he doin wt 109 rooms & 17 baths? I tot ds kind of luxury is d exclusive preserve of persons dat looted their con3 dry & are sitting atop a hill in a Minna mansion?
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by martyns303(m): 7:35pm On Oct 22, 2012
YuckMouf: Igbos in here clowning Black Americans?

Hold on let me quickly remind them the Black Ethnic Hierarchy....

Look at that Punk azz Igbo fool getting his dome smashed on by Kobe....mwuahahahaahh

See that's what happens when a Igbo Challenges a Black American...

Better stick to Tribalism against Yoruba....

Keep fhhucking around and Ill have Oprah Winfrey BUY Igbo land and sell it to Cameroon

Now if you will excuse me, I got some Malt Liquor and Fried Chicken to attend to in the kitchen.

Am not igbo, yoruba or hausa wateva, but ur statement is annoying, is Oprah richer than Dangote? Nig.ga ur lost.

1 Like

Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by ektbear: 7:35pm On Oct 22, 2012
Black athletes in general have this problem.

They only live in the "now", rather than planning for the future.

They don't realize that their career and earnings potential has a limit, and that they obviously won't be making millions/year in their 40s and 50s.

Very sad stuff.
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by cap28: 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2012
Evander should take heart - at least he's not paying his ex wife a humungous $50k a month in divorce settlement which is what the rapper Nas is paying this woman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzfEtcNvkLs&feature=fvwrel
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by ektbear: 8:03pm On Oct 22, 2012
Yeah...if you are a professional athlete in America, it seems to me a prenup is mandatory.

And probably also a good idea to get a vasectomy...get your sperm frozen or something beforehand for later when you eventually want to have kids.

Honestly, a lot of these guys lose money because of women they get involved with.
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by kobikwelu(m): 8:04pm On Oct 22, 2012
its what you get when you come from a life of abject poverty and you are suddenly thrust into a life of millions..

the temptations are just too much....

imagine when you are little, your papa no fit buy you common bicycle..now you have all the money to buy 50 cars

imagin being treated poorly when little because you have no money to get basic clothes?? when you have the money, you would be on a mission to get the best and show the world that you made it..

the kind of manager you have....
and finally, those sponging friends..these guys are leaches..
Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by IYuckMoufI: 9:07pm On Oct 22, 2012
martyns303:
Am not igbo, yoruba or hausa wateva, but ur statement is annoying, is Oprah richer than Dangote? Nig.ga ur lost.

IgboLand.....Pay attention and Read the Quote Properly...

That Poverty Stricken Land.

Do i need to start posting pictures fam?

Do i need to start posting annual incomes of the civilians living there?

Now back ya broke azz up off my font fool.

IgboLand is a Poverty Ridden Dump. A cesspool.

Niqqah YOU lost, and probably blinded by Filth....

1 Like

Re: Evander Hollyfield Retires At 50 In Poverty. by IYuckMoufI: 9:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
Nas should not have wifed that Gold Diggin Biitch in the first place. Black Fool got what he deserved

Actually my Favorite Rapper by the way.

Just beat it, why get suckered into putting a ring on it

Love does not even last forever even when it is Real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off / AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare / Brazil Vs Netherlands 3rd Place Match In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.