Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Mimiko Must Change Gear In The Second Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko Must Change Gear In The Second Term (503 Views)

Names Of Ministerial Nominees In The Second Batch / Tinubu Change Gear After Buhari Speech / I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term If Re-Elected - President Jonathan Assures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mimiko Must Change Gear In The Second Term by emiye(m): 9:57pm On Oct 21, 2012
Let me start by congratulating Governor Olusegun mimiko of Ondo state on his re-election for a 2nd term.

I really hopes he moves the vehicle of progress at full throttle now he has the mandate for 2nd term.

Without making any political statement, His 3.5 years performance is at best an average one, and not spectacular as many will want us to believe for the revenue accruing to the state.Although, he scored high in certain areas, like health, some urban area beautification, community participation and relatively in education.

Close to 60% of Ondo state voters still rejected him at the polls ( he won with 42% of total votes,low for a "supposed" INCUMBENT high performer)

On comparative analysis, from my little research

Ondo state earns roughly N 8 billion monthly (Fed allocation + IGR) vs Oyo state which earns roughly N4 billion monthly .

Ondo state has a smaller workforce and a 3.5 million population Vs 5.6million of Oyo state.

Virtually, no road has been commisioned as much as i found out in the first 3.5 years.

Ondo state has 18 lg versus 33 lg in Oyo state.

No single investor has been invited succesfully to invest in a gold mine like Ondo state.

No single industry was built.

No direct jobs were created for the teeming youths/ school leavers in an oil producing state (State Prone to militancy)

Some brandished projects by the state govt. like markets and town hall are supposed to be local govt projects, as enshrined in the constitution.

I hope this message sinks in to his supporters now the election is over,, i am so certain he won this election, BUT HE HAS TO CHANGE THE GEAR IN THE SECOND TERM

As long PDP do not win any more states, i am ok.

If i have a limited choice of picking a candidate from PDP and "OOOPP" candidate, i will vote the latter.

The less PDP gets hold of states, the more easier it is to dislodge them at the centre.

As long as the PDP controls the centre, Nigeria will not witness the structural change it badly needs.

(1) (Reply)

Help Sign The Petition For A Mob Justice Prohibition Bill / Bomb Blast In Kaduna / Fashola, Jonathan Ready For Eko 2012 Flag Hoisting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.