Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Boko Haram Member Arrested In Ali Modu Sheriff's House - Sen Zanna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Member Arrested In Ali Modu Sheriff's House - Sen Zanna (1244 Views)

APC Accepts Ali Modu Sheriff Back Into The Party - Photo / Zanna Umar Mustapha Playing Football (Photos) / Chibok Girls Are Being Molested And Shot - Senator Zanna (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Member Arrested In Ali Modu Sheriff's House - Sen Zanna by airmark(m): 1:41am On Oct 22, 2012
By Emma Ujah, Abuja Bureau Chief
ABUJA — Senator Ahmad Zanna, representing Borno Central, has said a Boko Haram commander, Shuaibu Bama, was arrested in the house of former governor Ali Modu Sheriff and not in his (Senator Zanna) house, contrary to the claim by the Joint Task Force, JTF.

Speaking with newsmen, Sunday, Zanna said attempt by the JTF to link him with the Boko Haram commander by claiming that he was arrested in his house was a plan to frame him up.

The senator told journalists in Abuja, that he believed the JTF was trying to rope him in because of his recent interview in which he called for its withdrawal from the state on account of failure to adhere to the rules of engagement.

Senators Ali Modu Sheriff and Ahmad Zanna
His words: “About 40 members of the JTF came to my house in four armoured vehicles on the day in question. They ransacked my house and they did not see anything incriminating. Then they brought out all the boys they met in my house who included my children, aides and neighbours.

They beat them and put them under the sun and asked them if they knew Shuaibu Bama and one of them said yes. They asked the boy to lead them to where he (Bama) was and that boy took them to where Shuaibu Bama was and they arrested him.

“He was not arrested in my house. He was arrested in a house which belongs to Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff. The question is why did the JTF say that Shuaibu Bama was arrested in the house of a serving senator?

I am the only serving senator who has a house on the Dabuwa Road. Bama was not arrested in my house. He was arrested at the house located at Rabi Street, off Dambuwa Road. My case is a very clear case of framing. But it has failed.”

Asked if he had any relationship with the suspected Boko Haram commander and the sect, Sen. Zanna admitted that the suspect was his nephew and once lived with him but that he had to send him away from his house about a year ago, when he discovered that the man was into drugs, beat his children and threatened even himself.

His words, “Shuaibu Bama is my sister’s son. He once stayed with me but I sent him away about a year ago when I discovered that he was a drug addict and was beating my children. He even threatened me and also threatened to kill his mother. I did not know him to be a member of Boko Haram..”

Asked if he has been questioned by the JTF, the senator said no. According to him, “it was only this morning (Sunday) that I received a text saying that the Director-General) of SSS wants to see me.”

Meanwhile, the Director-General, D-G, of the SSS, Mr. Ekpenyong Ita, has warned politicians fanning the embers of division in the country to put a stop to their acts, as the organisation would no longer tolerate those who try to create mischief in order to unsettle the nation.

He spoke at the graduation ceremony of its officials from the organisation’s training school, in Abuja, at the weekend.

“Let me reiterate the point that Nigeria can never be divided by the activities of some misguided, ignorant terrorists or those unscrupulous individuals whose activities and utterances kept chiselling though unsuccessfully the very foundation of those things we hold dear, particularly the unity of this country. To this last group of people, I am saying enough is enough”, he said.

He added that service would continue to be proactive in its strategy in intelligence gathering and collaboration with other security agencies in the effort to stop the activities of terrorists, in the country.

The above story is a follow up to this High-profile Boko Haram member arrested at senator’s home

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/high-profile-boko-haram-member-arrested-in-ali-modu-sheriffs-house-zanna/

Macabre dance.
Re: Boko Haram Member Arrested In Ali Modu Sheriff's House - Sen Zanna by mike404(m): 2:12am On Oct 22, 2012
Senator Ali Modu Sheriff again embarassed
Re: Boko Haram Member Arrested In Ali Modu Sheriff's House - Sen Zanna by okosodo: 6:32am On Oct 22, 2012
Nigeria has been sucking the azz of the north since 1960, news like these confirm to me that every northerner with the exception of a very few hate the southerners but love their oil. Awo caused it and i will continue to say. I love Yoruba people as even my chick is a Yoruba, he was greedy and we were all take aback. Igbos keep off as i know insults will come but dont fight for me cos i also have some reservations about some of your leaders
Re: Boko Haram Member Arrested In Ali Modu Sheriff's House - Sen Zanna by okosodo: 6:35am On Oct 22, 2012
Nigeria has been sucking the ass of the hausa/fulani since 1960 that is why we are still serving boko haram now. Upon all these evidence the man will still come out to the media and say boko haram is fighting opression, and nothing will happem to him. Awo but not Yorubas caused it, Ibos stop blaiming them
Re: Boko Haram Member Arrested In Ali Modu Sheriff's House - Sen Zanna by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 22, 2012
This is so annoyin! U dis senator! God will shower pain & sorrow in Ūя̅ household for killin & destroyin innocent people.
Re: Boko Haram Member Arrested In Ali Modu Sheriff's House - Sen Zanna by dtemidare: 7:22am On Oct 22, 2012
okosodo: Nigeria has been sucking the azz of the north since 1960, news like these confirm to me that every northerner with the exception of a very few hate the southerners but love their oil. Awo caused it and i will continue to say. I love Yoruba people as even my chick is a Yoruba, he was greedy and we were all take aback. Igbos keep off as i know insults will come but dont fight for me cos i also have some reservations about some of your leaders

People like you will never grow academically what is the difference between you those miscreants and politicians who make unguided statements with the sole aim of creating disharmony between Nigerians.
Re: Boko Haram Member Arrested In Ali Modu Sheriff's House - Sen Zanna by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 22, 2012
airmark: They beat them and put them under the sun and asked them if they knew Shuaibu Bama and one of them said yes. They asked the boy to lead them to where he (Bama) was and that boy took them to where Shuaibu Bama was and they arrested him.
That means they knew where the guy was and won't have inform security operatives if they hadn't storm there house. Good job JTF. But wetin go come happen to Ali Modu Sheriff now, se dem go arrest am sha.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Member Arrested In Ali Modu Sheriff's House - Sen Zanna by okosodo: 10:25am On Oct 22, 2012
dtemidare:

People like you will never grow academically what is the difference between you those miscreants and politicians who make unguided statements with the sole aim of creating disharmony between Nigerians.
. When has bein objective become creating disharmony******* between who? People who say the condition by which we can live together is by cheating you. Even jonathan knows that nigeria will split one day, but because he is president , he does not want to betray himself , so he chooses words.
Re: Boko Haram Member Arrested In Ali Modu Sheriff's House - Sen Zanna by kunlejazz(m): 10:41am On Oct 22, 2012
okosodo: Nigeria has been sucking the azz of the north since 1960, news like these confirm to me that every northerner with the exception of a very few hate the southerners but love their oil. Awo caused it and i will continue to say. I love Yoruba people as even my chick is a Yoruba, he was greedy and we were all take aback. Igbos keep off as i know insults will come but dont fight for me cos i also have some reservations about some of your leaders

My brother, as much as Awo had his own failings as a human being, I think its very unfair and irrational to paint him in this light. Awo was not the first to pally with the north-Zik was, Aguiyi ironsi and a whole lot of igbos including Ojukwu at some point did, and then Awo, Abiola, Obasanjo and now Rochas...the list is only going to grow longer as long as state quota of the north remains the highest. The reason is very simple: the British had already seeded Nigeria to the north, the mechanism of near irreversible lopsidedness had been put in place and this is what gives northern Nigeria political edge till this day. All these great men that have pallied, and will still pally with the north do so because that, at the particular time, was/is (as the case may be) the ONLY way to realize their political ambitions. They are a major determinant in winning elections, the north has 19 of the 36 states, they are a necessary evil. Think about that. Why Awo's name is usually the easiest to mention is probably because of his role in the Civil war; that, I understand. But had the case been a little different, and another non-yoruba southerner had been the one in the fore of the war, the same ills as are ascribed to Awo will be ascribed to him too. I'm so not an Awoist but I love the truth with a passion.
Re: Boko Haram Member Arrested In Ali Modu Sheriff's House - Sen Zanna by okosodo: 10:55am On Oct 22, 2012
@ kunlejazz i am not only blaming awo, even zik to me is the biggest EDIOT that sold a whole generation marauders. But however, awo has the opportunity to redeem it, he sold it to personal ambition.
Re: Boko Haram Member Arrested In Ali Modu Sheriff's House - Sen Zanna by kunlejazz(m): 11:24am On Oct 22, 2012
okosodo: @ kunlejazz i am not only blaming awo, even zik to me is the biggest EDIOT that sold a whole generation marauders. But however, awo has the opportunity to redeem it, he sold it to personal ambition.

You're correct but remember Awo was not a uniformed man. People keep saying he had the greatest opportunity to change the status quo and I totally agree but how? He was a bloody civilian. A revolution by Awo against the military government of that day would not only have failed but would have been suicidal for him and, more importantly for the whole of the south! Ojukwu had the training, youthfullness, intelligence and the finance to pull off a revolution but see how it all ended, talk-less a civilian. If I were in Awo's shoes, I would have preferred to stay completely off politics and closed my eyes as northerners raped the rest of Nigeria than dine with the north but then, he had an ambition that ate him all up, so also did Zik, Ojukwu and Abiola but it only worked for Zik.
Re: Boko Haram Member Arrested In Ali Modu Sheriff's House - Sen Zanna by kunlejazz(m): 11:36am On Oct 22, 2012
okosodo: @ kunlejazz i am not only blaming awo, even zik to me is the biggest EDIOT that sold a whole generation marauders. But however, awo has the opportunity to redeem it, he sold it to personal ambition.

You're correct but remember Awo was not a uniformed man. People keep saying he had the greatest opportunity to change the status quo and I totally agree but how? He was a bloody civilian. A revolution by Awo against the military government of that day would not only have failed but would have been suicidal for him and, more importantly for the whole of the south! Ojukwu had the training, youthfullness, intelligence and the finance to pull off a revolution but see how it all ended, talk-less a civilian. If I were in Awo's shoes, I would have preferred to stay completely off politics and closed my eyes as northerners raped the rest of Nigeria than dine with the north but then, he had an ambition that ate him all up, so also did Zik, Ojukwu and Abiola but it only worked for Zik.
Re: Boko Haram Member Arrested In Ali Modu Sheriff's House - Sen Zanna by 9jaIhail(m): 12:00pm On Oct 22, 2012
kunlejazz:

For once in my life i have to agree with someone who's user id started with kunle.Bro you are very much on point in fact over objective is your name.Zik is one silly man who over believe in one Nigeria without thinking of the future.
Re: Boko Haram Member Arrested In Ali Modu Sheriff's House - Sen Zanna by jude33084(m): 12:46pm On Oct 22, 2012
Useni alerted τhe Nigerian intelligence early τhis year Ŧħåϯ they should arrest Ali Modu Sherrif if they want to end BH insurgency ßŮϯ τhe muslim north was quick to attack Useni Ŧħåϯ he has no proof cheesy. A military General like Useni don't blow empty triumphet wink

Now breez don blow fowl bottom don open cheesy
Re: Boko Haram Member Arrested In Ali Modu Sheriff's House - Sen Zanna by jude33084(m): 12:47pm On Oct 22, 2012
Moderator I thought I posted τhis topic first grin
Re: Boko Haram Member Arrested In Ali Modu Sheriff's House - Sen Zanna by T9ksy(m): 3:30pm On Oct 22, 2012
kunlejazz:

A revolution by Awo against the military government of that day would not only have failed but would have been suicidal for him and, more importantly for the whole of the south!

Had Awo being stu.pid enough to attempt a revolution then, What happened to the ibos at the time in question, will be nothing compared to

what the northern soldiers stationed in Ikeja, Ibadan and Abeokuta would do to the yorubas. Only for Ojukwu's BLF (Biafran Liberation Front) led by Banjo

to finish off the remaining northern soldiers in yorubaland. In which case, the whole of southern nigeria will be under the control of Ojukwu.

We yorubas will probably still be fighting the ibos for our freedom to manage our affairs by ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Member Arrested In Ali Modu Sheriff's House - Sen Zanna by 9jaIhail(m): 9:45pm On Oct 22, 2012
T9ksy:

Had Awo being stu.pid enough to attempt a revolution then, What happened to the ibos at the time in question, will be nothing compared to

what the northern soldiers stationed in Ikeja, Ibadan and Abeokuta would do to the yorubas. Only for Ojukwu's BLF (Biafran Liberation Front) led by Banjo

to finish off the remaining northern soldiers in yorubaland. In which case, the whole of southern nigeria will be under the control of Ojukwu.

We yorubas will probably still be fighting the ibos for our freedom to manage our affairs by ourselves.

See how silly and dumb you are, in the whole write up you just selected what you think it suit your ego and the ranting continue.

(1) (Reply)

Parading Of Suspects By The Police: Right Or Wrong / December Tinz, Bcoz Of Boko Haram We No Fit Play Banger For North / Nairaland Politics Section As As Microcosm Of The Nigerian Society By Garri (x7)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.