Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,944 members, 7,821,308 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander (11252 Views)

Zanna Umar Mustapha Playing Football (Photos) / Chibok Girls Are Being Molested And Shot - Senator Zanna (Video) / Senator Zanna Gave N1.5M To Boko-Haram To Buy Sallah Rams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by omosexy1: 8:50am On Oct 22, 2012
The State Security Service has summoned a serving Senator, Ahmed Zanna, over his alleged involvement with the violent Islamic sect, Boko Haram.

The summons is in connection with the arrest last week of a suspected member of the group, Shuaibu Bama, in a house believed to be the senator’s.

The Joint Task Force had arrested Bama in the building along Damboa Road in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, last Friday after soldiers stormed the House.

The JTF had claimed that Bama was one of the commanders of the sect, who had been under watch.

Zanna, who represents Borno-Central Senatorial District, confirmed the summons to newsmen on Sunday.

He admitted being aware of a text message from the Director-General of the SSS, Mr. Ekpenyong Ita, inviting him to the SSS headquarters on Monday (today).

Zanna stated that since the incident occurred he had not been contacted by security agencies until Sunday.

“Since my house was searched and the JTF made the announcement, I have not been contacted by security agencies.

“But it was only this morning (Sunday), I saw a text that the SSS DG will want to see me on Monday. I will honour the invitation”, he said.

The senator denied that Bama had any links with the sect, though he admitted that he was his sister’s son.

He described Bama as a “drug addict”, who frequently threatened to kill members of his family.

He claimed that due to his behaviour, he had to send him out of his house, but could not explain how he found his way back to his house last week.

The senator also claimed that Bama was arrested in the house of a former governor of the state, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff, contrary to the report by the JTF.

When asked why the JTF linked Bama with him instead of Sheriff, the senator responded that it was a frame-up to pay him back for constantly attacking the JTF in the media.

He said, “Contrary to the claim of the JTF, the boy was arrested in Rabi Street, off Damboa Road. And the house belongs to Senator Ali Modu Sheriff.

“Before, the house belonged to one Abba Mala, a Cameroonian. And later he sold it to the late Tijjani Banki and Sheriff bought from Tijjani Banki.

“I reacted because they said they arrested the boy in the house of a serving Senator along Damboa Road and I am the one living along Damboa road.

“I really do not understand why they did all this. I am confused. If they want to frame me up, they have failed in that one because they did not get that boy in my house.

“I have nothing to do with it. Let them go and ask the person where the boy was staying. So, they should not have mentioned my house.

“Yes, he is my sister’s son. As for his behaviour, he is a drug addict. He beats up my children, he abuses my friends.

“He came to my house, so I sent him away. That was about almost a year ago. And for whatever reason I don’t know, he came to my house last week and I told my wife that he should leave the house.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/sss-summons-senator-zanna-over-boko-haram-commander/

Is the man trying to pretend that he is not aware that he nephew is a member of boko haram
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by mike404(m): 9:19am On Oct 22, 2012
Drug addict indeed
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by peterowode: 9:24am On Oct 22, 2012
But how can this senator be involved with Boko Haram. I hope they investigate him properly
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by dirifred(m): 9:37am On Oct 22, 2012
My dear serving Senator, are you telling all u know about this issue? the truth u tell will help your country. any lie u tell will fall back to you sooner or later. please be a patriot.
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by dirifred(m): 9:40am On Oct 22, 2012
peterowode: But how can this senator be involved with Boko Haram. I hope they investigate him properly
. without influential men like him, how will this boko-boiz get finance and strategy?. am not saying he is involved or not, but men like him are the BOKO-HARAM, while the hungry suicide bombers are boko-boiz

1 Like

Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by mrjangola(m): 9:46am On Oct 22, 2012
now we know d sponsors of boko haram, dis cluless gej should just go ahead n prosecute dem. animals banza . crynow we know d sponsors of boko haram, dis cluless gej should just go ahead n prosecute dem. animals banza .
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by ikeyman00(m): 9:46am On Oct 22, 2012
@@@@

yes like we dnt know

one by one they will put their hands up!!!

they have been going round to blow our people up

and we have people in nl trying to pretend that they dnt know the vampires are within their midst

now the clock has clock up one step

we ask then

where are those boko aboki made appologist?

and at the same time we wonder what this would be if their oga BUHARI is running things

ndu chuks and associate over to u
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by topsyking: 9:46am On Oct 22, 2012
Am getting confused now...I don't think dis senator will be prosecuted...they r gonna leave him
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by Okijajuju1(m): 9:51am On Oct 22, 2012
I hope he is interrogated according to the Nigerian Justice system approved methods o!! angry

[img]http://onlyinnigeria.files./2012/09/551895_10151064592651312_978976914_n-1.jpg?w=450&h=450[/img]
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by a1solution: 9:53am On Oct 22, 2012
JTF or SSS should interrogate the suspect to get the fact before arresting the senator cos it might be frame up as he said.

1 Like

Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by megxo(m): 10:01am On Oct 22, 2012
hw senator Ndume own take finish, abeg all dis interrogation na wash>>>>>>>>>>> angry
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 22, 2012
Hmm. . . God pass dem. By their weapons shall they destroy themselves.
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by MAYOWAAK: 10:02am On Oct 22, 2012
I am really concerned not about the pro-GEJ propaganda of Buhari and his threat of making Nigeria ungovernable for Dr. Jonathan, but of the fact that Nigerians swallowed that hogwash hook, line and sinker and indeed excuse the pitiable state of governance by it. How do we explain the fact that Buhari is the perceived enemy of state yet everytime a Boko Haram leader is caught, there is a connection to a PDP Senator? Why do SSS not capture BH in homes of CPC and ANPP chieftains? We need to start tasking our brains to reason a bit more. According to PISA, the world is getting to that stage when the instrument of trade will be more of intellectual than fiscal. I seriously wonder how we will fare then.

4 Likes

Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by codeline(m): 10:03am On Oct 22, 2012
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by oloriebi2(m): 10:04am On Oct 22, 2012
I listened to Snt. Zanna on Rawpower dis morning,I agree wit him abt his Nephew being a drug adict cos dat's wot is trendy in Borno. Abt JTF,dos guyz r just murderers.unleashin terror on innocent citizens.I'v being a victim of there terror twice,its only God dat saved me 4m dem,bt nt every1 is always lucky to tell d stories lik.I'v lost sm fwendz to JTF indiscriminate killings n dey tag u 'BH' suspect after being killed jst to cover their animalistic act.JTF is worse dan 'BH'.

2 Likes

Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by CLIQBOY(m): 10:11am On Oct 22, 2012
olori ebi: I listened to Snt. Zanna on Rawpower dis morning,I agree wit him abt his Nephew being a drug adict cos dat's wot is trendy in Borno. Abt JTF,dos guyz r just murderers.unleashin terror on innocent citizens.I'v being a victim of there terror twice,its only God dat saved me 4m dem,bt nt every1 is always lucky to tell d stories lik.I'v lost sm fwendz to JTF indiscriminate killings n dey tag u 'BH' suspect after being killed jst to cover their animalistic act.JTF is worse dan 'BH'.
fact so thread closed
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by MaxMoney(m): 10:12am On Oct 22, 2012
Story after story... Naija I hail thee!
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 22, 2012
Okija_juju: I hope he is interrogated according to the Nigerian Justice system approved methods o!! angry

[img]http://onlyinnigeria.files./2012/09/551895_10151064592651312_978976914_n-1.jpg?w=450&h=450[/img]
This is as dangerous as water-boarding used by the American soldiers. They need to acquire advanced skills of interrogation not this one of putting somebody on stake as if they are going to roast him for meat. Jeez! The Nigerian soldiers are getting more savage more than ever before.

1 Like

Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by Pennywise(m): 10:16am On Oct 22, 2012
^^^^
I love my Nigerian soldiers
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by franchizy(m): 10:21am On Oct 22, 2012
This is just a cheap blackmail against senator Ahmed, the senator is a muslim faithful and can never be an accompliance to evil. Remember that Islam is a religion of peace, we don't kill nor shed blood. I urge Nigerians to disregard dis thread please and remain focused

1 Like

Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 22, 2012
franchizy: This is just a cheap blackmail against senator Ahmed, the senator is a muslim faithful and can never be an accompliance to evil. Remember that Islam is a religion of peace, we don't kill nor shed blood. I urge Nigerians to disregard dis thread please and remain focused
Just buzz off with your shallow talk!
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by Acodynas1(m): 10:25am On Oct 22, 2012
Drug addict indeed, verry soon he will be a mad person .My fellow Nigerians pls wake from your slumber. Its like movie from Nollywood . Imagin jtf setting a serving senetor up. I dey laugh
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 22, 2012
JTF will make my day if shekau is tied up like dat guy above in the picture.

2 Likes

Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by Acodynas1(m): 10:33am On Oct 22, 2012
franchizy: This is just a cheap blackmail against senator Ahmed, the senator is a muslim faithful and can never be an accompliance to evil. Remember that Islam is a religion of peace, we don't kill nor shed blood. I urge Nigerians to disregard dis thread please and remain focused
. Andy how do know that, those that are bombing Norh are they not muslems , those dat murdered us ambasador what are they?. Wake up guy .. And i diagree with Islam as a religion of peace, check their countries they dont even have peace
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by lacasa: 10:53am On Oct 22, 2012
..(I swear Ɣou could make a fela hit song with what Ɣou see/hear happening in Nigeria today)grin

Some alterior motives on the part of Govt & Jtf r coming to light;-

"Boko Haram chief’s arrest:SSS to quiz Senator today"

Bama found at ex-gov’s home — Zanna

Senator Ahmed Zanna is scheduled to appear before operatives of the State Security Service today to answer questions over allegations that a top Boko Haram commander was found at his home in Maiduguri on Thursday.

The SSS invitation to Zanna (PDP, Borno Central) came as he insisted yesterday that the arrested sect member, Shuaibu Mohammed Bama, was not found in his house but in the house of a former Borno State governor.

On Friday, the Joint Task Force announced that they captured Bama at the home of a serving senator along Damboa Road in Maiduguri without naming the senator. Zanna happens to be the only serving senator whose home is along that road.

But Zanna told journalists in Abuja yesterday that the JTF operatives were only trying to frame him up because he recently criticised them over disregard for rules of engagement.

“This morning (yesterday), I saw a text that the SSS DG will want to see me on Monday (today)…I will honour the invitation,” Zanna said, adding he does not know what will happen when he sees the SSS boss Ita Ekpeyong.

When Daily Trust contacted SSS spokesperson Marilyn Ogar last night, she said she was not aware of the invitation.

Zanna will be the second serving senator to be quizzed by the SSS over links with Boko Haram after Senator Mohammed Ndume, who is now standing trial over alleged sponsorship of the sect which he denied.

‘Ex-gov’s home, not my home’

Giving his account of the JTF raid on his house, Zanna yesterday said soldiers searched his home on Thursday and rounded up some boys found there, before proceeding to the ex-governor’s home along Rabi Road, off Damboa Road, in Maiduguri where they arrested Bama.

“On Thursday, they (JTF) went to my house. I was in Warri at that time; I went for an oversight function. My wife called me, she said the army people were at our gate. Actually, they went with four armoured vehicles and about 40 of them came to my house,” he said.

“They searched all the rooms and when they went to the children’s room, they broke all their cabinets and searched everywhere. When they could not find anything, then they assembled all the boys, took them out and put them under the scorching sun. Actually, before doing that they beat them up, we had to take them to hospital later.

“Under this traumatising condition, they now asked them whether they know one Shuaibu Bama. They said of course they know when they see him.

“One of them was asked to go and show them where he is living. As they were going, when they were about to reach the house, they stopped. In fact, they blindfolded the boy. And one of the officers asked one of the personnel to come down so that they should follow him to the house without the boy telling them where the house is.

“So, as they started going, the other officer asked him: If you know the house, then why should we pick this boy? And after some arguments, they went to the house and arrested the boy (Bama).

“Contrary to the claim of the JTF, the boy was arrested in Rabi Street, off Damboa Road. And the house belongs to (a former governor).” Attempts to speak with the former governor named by Zanna failed as he could not be reached by telephone and his former aides were not willing to speak on his behalf.

Zanna alleged that he was being framed up by JTF because of his recent BBC interview in which he criticised soldiers operating in Maiduguri and called for their withdrawal.

“This story emanating from the JTF is actually as a result of an interview which I carried out in BBC last week asking for their withdrawal from the state because they are not working according to the rules of engagement,” he said.

“I noticed that they are just killing innocent people, killing them unnecessarily, harassing their families, extorting money. All these have been going on and I became so concerned. Particularly, the killing and burning of houses became an order of the day.

“At least 300 houses were burnt within the last one and a half months, and it will not be an exaggeration for me to say that up to 500 people were being killed by the bullets of the JTF.

“I called for their withdrawal because even Boko Haram cannot do more than that. If they have come to protect us, they are not supposed to eliminate our young ones. Most of the people affected are young ones.

“According to the information I got yesterday, they have started even killing old men. Somebody who was about 70 years old was even killed. He was sitting down listening to a radio and a JTF man came and he said: ‘Baba come’. So, they just took him to a certain distance and shot him. This is the type of things happening. So, my people are helpless. This warranted me to react.”

When Daily Trust asked JTF spokesman Lt-Col. Sagir Musa to react to Zanna’s accusations last night, he said he would not make any comments.

But JTF has consistently denied any extrajudicial killing or deliberate destruction of people’s property in Maiduguri.

Zanna yesterday restated that he knows Bama but had nothing to do with him because he is a drug addict.

“Yes, he is my sister’s son,” he said. “As for his behaviour, he is a drug addict. He beats up my children, he abuses my friends. He came to my house, so I sent him away. That was about almost a year ago. And for whatever reason I don’t know, he came to my house last week and I told my wife that he should leave the house.

“Some time ago, he even threatened to kill his mother. So, the mother was not even feeling comfortable living with him. And she narrated that to me. That is why I also do not want him to be near me.”

Asked if he knew Bama to be a Boko Haram member, Zanna said, “I don’t know him to be a Boko Haram member. Never, never, I do not know him to be a member of Boko Haram.”
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by omowolewa: 10:56am On Oct 22, 2012
He claimed that due to his behaviour, he had to send him out of his house, but could not explain how he found his way back to his house last week.

The senator also claimed that Bama was arrested in the house of a former governor of the state, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff, contrary to the report by the JTF.

When asked why the JTF linked Bama with him instead of Sheriff, the senator responded that it was a frame-up to pay him back for constantly attacking the JTF in the media.

omosexy1:

“Yes, he is my sister’s son. As for his behaviour, he is a drug addict. He beats up my children, he abuses my friends.

“He came to my house, so I sent him away. That was about almost a year ago. And for whatever reason I don’t know, he came to my house last week and I told my wife that he should leave the house.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/sss-summons-senator-zanna-over-boko-haram-commander/
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by AMvanquish: 11:02am On Oct 22, 2012
megxo: hw senator Ndume own take finish, abeg all dis interrogation na wash>>>>>>>>>>> angry
Exactly. I concur
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by Acodynas1(m): 11:08am On Oct 22, 2012
Pennywise: ^^^^
I love my Nigerian soldiers
. Thank you, I love them too
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by Gbawe: 11:11am On Oct 22, 2012
MAYOWAAK: I am really concerned not about the pro-GEJ propaganda of Buhari and his threat of making Nigeria ungovernable for Dr. Jonathan, but of the fact that Nigerians swallowed that hogwash hook, line and sinker and indeed excuse the pitiable state of governance by it. How do we explain the fact that Buhari is the perceived enemy of state yet everytime a Boko Haram leader is caught, there is a connection to a PDP Senator? Why do SSS not capture BH in homes of CPC and ANPP chieftains? We need to start tasking our brains to reason a bit more. According to PISA, the world is getting to that stage when the instrument of trade will be more of intellectual than fiscal. I seriously wonder how we will fare then.

I doff my hat to 'critical' thinkers such as yourself. We are destined for mediocrity if the way Nigerians currently think and talk is anything to go by.
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by AbdulAdam56(m): 11:18am On Oct 22, 2012
gbam u talk sense
Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by redsun(m): 11:27am On Oct 22, 2012
Abdul Adam56: gbam u talk sense

Does what he said disprove the fact that the "senator" has link with the terrorist?And wasnt the "senator aware that his said nephew has been wanted in connection with terrorism all this while?What did he do to help to apprehend him?

1 Like

Re: SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander by omamokta: 11:34am On Oct 22, 2012
The only person from Borno State that is not sympatheitic to BH as far as the elites are concerned right now is SAS, every office holder in the state especially those of them in the national assembly had at one time or the other patronised BH for their services. SAS might have created them but they out grew him and started hunting him, its unfortunate that the hunter has turned to the hunted.

On the part of the senator, he is culpable because he cannot claim he does not know that the suspected terrorist is wanted by the law, for somebody from his house to take the JTF to where the terrorist was hiding shows there is still a serious relationship between the senator or his household with the suspect. This man should say the truth, he is one of them sheilding them, that is why he is always cricticising JTF, remember Sen.Ndume. He was doing same till they caught him. One by one they will be caught, though they might not be tried but at least we are knowing our enemies one by one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje Turns 58 Today. / Why I Dumped PDP For Accord – Maduka / Bola Tinubu Celebrates 71st Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.