Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Building In Uyo Need Advise, Support From All The Pros. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building In Uyo Need Advise, Support From All The Pros. (892 Views)

Which Is The Tallest Building In Lagos? / Burning Building In Warri Today (Photos) / Checkout The First Storey Building In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building In Uyo Need Advise, Support From All The Pros. by blackky23(m): 12:20pm On Oct 22, 2012
Hello Everyone, Been following this lots of threads in this forum since 2008. I was actually impressed, so few months i deceided to acquire a plot of land in my town uyo and set up a small building. Am actually living in Texas. Its a very capital intensive project. I decided to build a two bed flat with a visitors section that is self contained. I started this project in sept.2012
I need advise from all the architectural gurus, Builder gurus, Contractor gurus, Electircal gurus,plumbing gurus I devided the project into Six phrases.

Phrase 1: Acquire the land and fence round with gate. (100% Completed)
Phrase 2: Foundation footing, floor Slab, black wall, lintel and leveling.(95% completed as of October2012)
Phrase 3: Roofing structure, roofing sheet, Ceiling and ceiling Nogging
Phrase 4: Eletrical/ Plumbing piping, door/Window frames, Plastering, ironmongery, tiles, Septic tank
Phrase 5: Painting,wall paper/Fixing doors/windows, Electrical/ pluming finishing
Phrase 6: Gardening, Interlocking tiles, bore hole(presently my neighboor is suplying me water)buying a generating set.

Attached is the picture of the.
Phrase 1; Costed be about N5 million, this include acquiring the land with all fees, surveying and fencing. Phrase 2 is 95% complete, i have spend about N2.5 million already.
I flew to Nigeria last week, but am back to states now. Am abt stating phrase 3 immediately phase 2 is complete.

I dont know anything abt building, am just relying on information and quote from my Arch/Builder. I will need all the help from the gurus.

Thanks

Re: Building In Uyo Need Advise, Support From All The Pros. by aditoomuch: 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2012
owo uyo abadie just wanna holla i live in uyo but i dont know too much about building so i cant give advise if it were business yes but not buildings anyways i wish u success
Re: Building In Uyo Need Advise, Support From All The Pros. by MPEROR: 1:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
I just completed a 2 story building in Uyo i would have adviced you to build a large soakaway first that way u use d soil for your foundation but you past that stage at this point i will advice you to sink a bole hole so that you will not get into a fight with your neighbor you are going to need it any way

plumbing fixtures: Everytime you go to Nigeria buy your fixtures from HOME DEPOT D one u buy in Uyo market is not worth it don't forget the glue 4 d pipes do you have a contractor? make sure you are there when d job is going on as soon as your money run out go bacck to Texas for d roof make sure you have at least 2million naira for the wood and roof get estimate from at least 3 people bye the way i reside in Chicago send me your Email address to see if i want to help you any further i have to b careful of people from Texxas and LA IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
Re: Building In Uyo Need Advise, Support From All The Pros. by CHANCEMAN: 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2012
MPEROR: I just completed a 2 story building in Uyo i would have adviced you to build a large soakaway first that way u use d soil for your foundation but you past that stage at this point i will advice you to sink a bole hole so that you will not get into a fight with your neighbor you are going to need it any way

plumbing fixtures: Everytime you go to Nigeria buy your fixtures from HOME DEPOT D one u buy in Uyo market is not worth it don't forget the glue 4 d pipes do you have a contractor? make sure you are there when d job is going on as soon as your money run out go bacck to Texas for d roof make sure you have at least 2million naira for the wood and roof get estimate from at least 3 people bye the way i reside in Chicago send me your Email address to see if i want to help you any further i have to b careful of people from Texxas and LA IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Two quick questions 1)you recommend buying fixtures from HOME DEPOT will these be suitable for nigerian buildings?2)or is it that the materias availabl in UYO are of low quality or rather low level of skill available? By the way what is wrong with TEXAS and LA?
Re: Building In Uyo Need Advise, Support From All The Pros. by blackky23(m): 5:32am On Oct 25, 2012
Am having mix stories abt US products being used in Nigerian products. Last month, I open up a credit line with home depot, hoping to ship santitary hardwares to Nigeria but i was advise the plumbing will complicated and if something goes wrong, i will have to pay double to fix, i was advised that i can use them but i will need experience plumber to do the job, also with Electrical prodcuts was told to used 100% Nigerian products, the only stuff i shipped to Nigeria was tiles and thinset and grouts. Am also shipping in doors too, but the frame will be done in Uyo.

Yeah i was so angry with my Arch, because he never advised me to have a borehole, he told me after i made started phase two of the project, but my next door neighbour has a borehole. He was kind to offer water free, I will still do my borehole but for now i think i will go with neighboors water, he is such a gentleman.

Mperor,
I will inbox you my personal email, but whatz the deal abt dealing with people from Houston and LA, couldnt quite understand what you meant by "i have to b careful of people from Texxas and LA IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN"
Pls can you thru more light on that.

(1) (Reply)

A 3-bedroom Flat To Let In Ibadan / 1 Year Only!!! London Style Luxury 3 Bedroom In Adeniran Ogunsanya!!!(pics) / SALES - ABUJA ..lands And Houses For Sale In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.