Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Itsekiri People - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Itsekiri People (1327 Views)

New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday / The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People / Some Interesting Facts The Itsekiri People of Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Itsekiri People by onuwaje(m): 7:12pm On Oct 22, 2012
Itsekiri bokor?? Pls I am looking for my fellow itsekiri brothers and sisters on nairaland.. I am also looikng for who will teach me the language pls if u are fluent in itsekiri language or u are a nairalander that knows anybody who is an itsekiri pls u can contact me on the follow details
Email-gbusonuwaje@gmail.com

Bbm-321c4308
THANK U AND GOD BLESS
Re: Itsekiri People by urahara(m): 6:18am On Oct 23, 2017
onuwaje:
Itsekiri bokor?? Pls I am looking for my fellow itsekiri brothers and sisters on nairaland.. I am also looikng for who will teach me the language pls if u are fluent in itsekiri language or u are a nairalander that knows anybody who is an itsekiri pls u can contact me on the follow details
Email-gbusonuwaje@gmail.com

Bbm-321c4308
THANK U AND GOD BLESS

But u live in warri . how come u were not able to learn the language
Re: Itsekiri People by onuwaje(m): 6:58am On Oct 23, 2017
urahara:

But u live in warri . how come u were not able to learn the language

As at wen i made this post i wasn't properly blended thanks to environment and non challant attitude..

But now i am 60-70% blended in it
Thanks to books and journals
Re: Itsekiri People by urahara(m): 7:01am On Oct 23, 2017
onuwaje:

As at wen i made this post i wasn't properly blended thanks to environment and non challant attitude..

But now i am 60-70% blended in it
Thanks to books and journals

Impressive , I must say .

Pls could you recommend books and journals for me .

I also want to learn the language .

P.s - in warri , is it true that pidgin is spoken more often than ethnic languages ?
Re: Itsekiri People by onuwaje(m): 7:12am On Oct 23, 2017
urahara:

Impressive , I must say .

Pls could you recommend books and journals for me .

I also want to learn the language .

P.s - in warri , is it true that pidgin is spoken more often than ethnic languages ?
Ok

Yes the official Language is Pidgin English

Its common to see father and child conversing in pidgin.... If u speak ur language ur seen as a duns sometimes lol
Re: Itsekiri People by urahara(m): 7:21am On Oct 23, 2017
onuwaje:

Ok

Its common to see father and child conversing in pidgin.... If u speak ur language ur seen as a duns sometimes lol

That's really bleeped up angry cry cry
Re: Itsekiri People by urahara(m): 7:25am On Oct 23, 2017
onuwaje:

Ok

Re: Itsekiri People by onuwaje(m): 11:57am On Oct 23, 2017
urahara:

That's really bleeped up angry cry cry

It is due to the fact that Delta is home to 5 tribes with multiple dialects except the Itsekiri. So these tribes had to stick with pidgin so as to understand themselves

Unlike in d west north and east wherr u can have just one language spoken
Re: Itsekiri People by urahara(m): 7:33pm On Oct 23, 2017

(1) (Reply)

15 Popular Nigerian Slangs And Their Meanings / Unforgettable Yoruba Hero Gbadamosi Adegoke Adelabu 'penkelemess'(part 1) / 15 Things People Who Grew Up In Yoruba Homes Will Relate To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.