Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? (4828 Views)

Nneka's "Heartbeat" Sampled Again In Rita Ora's UK No1 Song / Christy Essien Igbokwe's Seun Rere - A Sampled Dedication / P-Square: Peter & Paul Okoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by miz4oxley(m): 2:49pm On Jan 25, 2008
psquare sampled my song i cant believe they could do this to me, that song MORE THAN A FRIEND on their new album is a complete replica of mine, recorded early in 2005, it has been on are in jos since then till date, and thats where the duo have their family house, and were they sampled my song, i was hopin to use that as my break thru song, i dnt know what to do bout this, i think i will sue them, yes i will definatly sue them so heartless to do this to a strugglin upcoming artist. i have three words for p-square , go get a lawyer!!!!!! , if u all wanna here the real version of MORE THAN A FRIEND go to my page http://myspace.com/RHYMESTARMUSIC

Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by miz4oxley(m): 3:01pm On Jan 25, 2008
its tru
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by Necorios(m): 3:05pm On Jan 25, 2008
are u serios? is your story true? ryt from tym i always know psquare samples pples beat and song e.g. do me is like kevin litles turn me on, stand up was sample from mr 2face's no body holy pass, and even your own more than a friend was sampled from mario's let me love you, so, re check your facts b4 sueing and more importantly, once u av a finished work pls present it b4 som1 else does cos there is always a proverb that says great mind think alike. good luck
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by playmate(f): 11:45pm On Jan 25, 2008
errrrhm wat shuld we do bout dat,go rite ahead nd sue dem if u wnt 2 nd if u av proof . . . . . doznt stop me frm luvin dem.
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by eldee(m): 6:22pm On Jan 27, 2008
Yeah, I can proudly beat my chest and say i know this dude cus Rhymestar(Bara) was once my classmate in school. . .we even used to go on freestyle battles against each other, he just happened to take music serious wink grin
i heard the song long before i heard it came out with p-spuare. used to hear that Nigeria artistes were fraudulent but p-square really dissapointed me. angry angry
He gave all of us the song on myspace and hi5 the song with two others and I think that publicity stunt was his shortcoming. but now the only proof he has are them lot in jos and the a.f.s.s alumni on hi5.

@miz4oxley
ssup, if your from A.F.S.S, hola at your boi grin
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by ThugLife1(m): 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2008
eldee you dey funny cheesy
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by eldee(m): 8:04pm On Jan 27, 2008
@thuglife
u should know i won't just burn my cred for nuffin, but i know this guy. . . swear down
with those p-square guys actin so innocent on 'story', one would think they were saints, anyways it's obvious there's nuffin the guy can do, let him just concentrate on the remaining tracks.

but swear down yeah, if p-square ever come to entyce or sumn, i'll just tell them outright that what they did was unprofessional. . .
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by tundewoods(m): 1:36am On Jan 29, 2008
miz4oxley:

psquare sampled my song i can't believe they could do this to me, that song MORE THAN A FRIEND on their new album is a complete replica of mine, recorded early in 2005.

Let me start by saying i found your thread quite baffling and amazing but well i still took my time to confirm your claim by visting your myspace page to listen to the so called track you were claiming was used by PSquare.

Let me categorically state that your so called track titled "More than a friend", that i listened to on your myspace page has NOTHING i repeat NOTHING in common with Psquare's "More than a friend" track except that they both share the same name.

Now how in God's name did they sample your track,when did having the same track title become sampling ?

miz4oxley:

has been on are in jos since then till date, and thats where the duo have their family house, and were they sampled my song, i was hopin to use that as my break through song.

In my own opinion i thing you are just seeking cheap publicity,i guess i may never have heard your name before in the Nigerian music scene and i believe im not the only one but also the rest of the 150 million Nigerians .

Dude who are you ? We have no idea.

miz4oxley:

i dnt know what to do bout this, i think i will sue them, yes i will definatly sue them so heartless to do this to a strugglin upcoming artist. i have three words for p-square , go get a lawyer!!!!!! , if u all want to here the real version of MORE THAN A FRIEND go to my page http://myspace.com/RHYMESTARMUSIC

Contrary to your claim that P sqaure should go get a lawyer,i think its you that needs to get a lawyer because if PQuare's management actually gets to see the Slandering statements on your myspace page.I believe they'll sue too your last penny.

This so called joke of your may not be a cheap publicity stunt but an expensive mistake you making.

cheers and good luck in your case again PQuare.
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by bolajibaok(m): 5:30am On Jan 29, 2008
i didnt hear no resemblance in this shit, just fashy it .its pointless .
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by eldee(m): 11:45am On Jan 29, 2008
@bj
could u help me upload the psquare version, i need to understand wht tundewoods is saying
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by youngdigi(m): 5:53pm On Jan 29, 2008
hahahaha

@threadstarter, have u watched dreamgirls?? if not, u need to, the music industry does not play fair
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by Barayeks(m): 4:32pm On Feb 22, 2008
hmm
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by Barayeks(m): 4:33pm On Feb 22, 2008
hmmm
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by Barayeks(m): 4:35pm On Feb 22, 2008
hmmm
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by Barayeks(m): 4:36pm On Feb 22, 2008
hmmm
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by hotshawlng(m): 4:48pm On Feb 22, 2008
Yes oooo, p-square dey sample wella!!!! No be today. E don tey wey yansh dey 4 back! But who cares? So long as d music is good, it's all good!
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by deola1(m): 6:21pm On Feb 23, 2008
dis guy u mean p-square oh! i read this same comment at mtvbase.com, now i believe its true. God go reject p-square, amen?
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by dominique(f): 9:33am On Feb 24, 2008
Humn, That song was really tight, d video wasnt though, why would p-square steal a song from an up n coming, if its true, i'm rily disappointed.
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by hotshawlng(m): 9:55am On Feb 24, 2008
This guy is a joker. He's just trying to earn cheap publicity! He's trying to get us all to visit his myspace page and all that,
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by tundewoods(m): 10:37pm On Feb 24, 2008

hotshawlng:

This guy is a joker. He's just trying to earn cheap publicity! He's trying to get us all to visit his myspace page and all that,

@ hotshawlng

The word joker is an understatement,this fellow is simply a clown or a jester to be precise.

Bara-yeks:

Re: 'p Square Stole My Song' Rhymestar
« #11 on: Today at 04:27:23 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
its rhymshizle himself, and i have two words for you haterzzzzzzz , go 2 hell, ohh sory thats 3
i know u all think i need cheap fame, but plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
p-square will be the last group to sample a song from, come on be resonable
sampling their song is like makin

@ rhymshizle or what ever you call yourself.

The truth is bitter but must be told.So vent all your vexation as much as you can,use all the curse words it aint gonna change a thing that you are a cheap publicity seeking cat that can't even get his wack songs ordinary air play on our local radio stations talkless of shooting a video.

Bara-yeks:

samplin psquare is like doing a remix to a remix
so like i said haters can rot in hell while drinking my piss

What do you know about music talkless of sampling?I've been listening to music since 1983 when Micheal Jackson's Thriller album was released.I'm sure that's quite sometime before you were born.Currently i'm involved in Music A & R,core music business since 99.So let's face it all this talk in that post about remix is pure gibberish.

Bara-yeks:

and fans holla me on this 08053360588

Seems we are now begging for calls or some more attention right ?

One last advice to you my young man.Learn to appreciate true talent and learn from them.You have a lot to learn from P Sqaure that may take you light years to understand so try to start learning now from the hard working twins.
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by Barayeks(m): 9:09am On Feb 25, 2008
hmmm
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by Barayeks(m): 9:10am On Feb 25, 2008
hmmmmm
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by mailmalc(m): 10:47am On Feb 25, 2008
@Bara-yeks
guy see stop all this crap talks and try make some new plans towards how you yourself can be successful and stop comparing yourself to P Square 'they are so so above ur level. Trust mi i know wat i'm sayin. Yeah a Hummer Truck and a twin duplex - they were in benin on saturday for a show and they came wif it. Stop whinin in vain and get ur self busy pro'lly in your studio so we can at least still buy your album.

By Peter Okoye - One Million copies sold within the first 6 days.
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 25, 2008
Actually,Malvin Gay stole my song(sexual healing).I think i will sue his tumbstone.
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by FLOWSHOW: 6:09pm On Feb 25, 2008
the guy rhymestar is so wack . why do u wanna compare urself by blackmail. before u start u are already labelled for murder. oloshi name spoiler. i heard the two tracks cos i wanted to ctahc p-square redhanded too. but alas there is no resemblance like bola said. idiot rhymefool why dont u get more busy and create a slang like yebariba sambaribebe
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by coolboyapg: 5:14am On Feb 26, 2008
i dont think psquare sampled rhymestar,but they really dont work hard,all they do is sample hit tracks mostly foreign and of recent 2face track,the industry is growing,one day naija will stop listening to all those copyright shittt,we need fresh beats to fresh lyrics
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by Barayeks(m): 9:12am On Feb 26, 2008
hmm
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by Barayeks(m): 9:15am On Feb 26, 2008
hmm
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by eldee(m): 9:26am On Feb 26, 2008
@Bara
Guy u dey eff up oh
Come, the way you dey missyarn self, person go think say you pass p-square
release your thingy and let's see first
naija peeps are obviously not feeling yo shit

I went to get the psquare's version and it's totally different from your ish
your's wasn't even as tite as thiers
wtf bruv, and seriously u don't want to diss moi, you heard sumn bout stones and market before?
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by FLOWSHOW: 10:01am On Feb 26, 2008
@eldee
dont worry i will upload both version soon. i actually went to youtube to hear both version because i wanted to catch psquare too.

this rhymestar boy is a bloody fool seeking stupid publicity. unknown to him he is laying down his murda warrant if he becomes a star later in life.

rhymestar . take my advice. lay low and get serious with ur music. dont rubbish anyone for no reason whatsoever.the sky is big enuff for 1million birds to fly at the same time .
if there was evidence of copying or biting. nairaland will be the first to catch psquare.so use ur brain and dont step on dangerous toes

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE

ELDEE U FEEL ME ?
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by leereekz: 1:55pm On Feb 27, 2008
i heard the track it's aight but no similarities, relax dawg !!!
Re: P-square Sampled More Than A Friend" From Rhymestar? by Barayeks(m): 10:12am On Feb 28, 2008
hmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

• Fresh Music• Download Doro- Bucci Video Http:///2jmtul1yb8 / Ew! Video : Ovation Red Carol Theme Song 2011 – Yemi Alade, Ice Prince Zamani, / Music: Iyanya - Iyanu (holy Water) [DOWNLOAD]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.