Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

The God Kind Of Life - Winning Each Day Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The God Kind Of Life - Winning Each Day Devotional (700 Views)

Swimming Against The Current - Winning Each Day Devotional / Why You Must Hear From God - Winning Each Day Devotional / The God Kind Of Life Iii-winning Each Day Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The God Kind Of Life - Winning Each Day Devotional by PstWoleSoetan(m): 8:54pm On Oct 22, 2012
WINNING EACH DAY DEVOTIONAL
2Cor 2:14 And thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph…
October 22, 2012

THE GOD KIND OF LIFE

MEMORY VERSE: (Joh 10:10) The thief does not come except to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come so that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Jesus wasn’t in a burial chamber addressing the dead when He said what He did in John 10: 10. The question then is why Jesus would offer to give life to people who were already alive. There are different types of lives mentioned in the bible but for the purpose of today’s study, we’ll focus solely on the type Jesus meant in John 10:10 which is Zoe. This is the type of life God has in its very essence. In fact, it can be said to be the very nature of God.
We know from our study of the bible that it was originally God’s desire that man possess Zoe. According to Genesis 1:26, God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness…” Man was given Zoe originally to enable him fellowship with God freely. God was his father thus it was only natural that he would take on the nature of his father seeing that he also had been created in the same image and likeness.
When Adam transgressed, his parent changed which also resulted in a change in his nature to reflect the likeness of his new parent. He became the child of the devil (John 10:44). Man was no longer able to commune with God as he wished; his life became filled with difficulties and could be cut off at anytime by death. Christ came to return us to our original state.
CONFESSION: The life of God in me is at work in my body therefore I have no business with sickness. I am born of God therefore I overcome the world.
PRAYER: Thank You father for your word which illuminates hearts. Thank You also for Zoe.
FURTHER READING: John 1

To receive W.E.D on your mobile device, please send a request to 286796E3. COZA celebrates you!!!
COMMON WEALTH OF ZION ASSEMBLY, 08036546262

(1) (Reply)

Should Old Testament Practices Be Practiced By Christians Today? / Relationships: Is God Still In The Match-making Business? / RCCG OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTION THURSDAY 4TH JULY, 2013 STILL A POTENTIAL CHAMPION? B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.