Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Senator Zanna Summoned Over Boko Haram Commander - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Zanna Summoned Over Boko Haram Commander (477 Views)

Saraki To VP: "I Cannot Be Summoned By A 'Mere Commissioner" - SaharaReporters / Chibok Girls Are Being Molested And Shot - Senator Zanna (Video) / Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Senator Zanna Summoned Over Boko Haram Commander by 9jagossip(m): 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2012
Senator Zanna summoned over Boko Haram commander

Following the latest news in Nigeria of a member of the Islamic sect Boko Haram who had been arrested in the house of a serving senator, Senator Ahmed Zanna, the lawmaker has come
out to deny the allegations. Senator Zanna however, acknowledged that the said Boko Haram Member is his nephew.
News buffet gathered that the senator was invited by the State Security Service (SSS) for questioning. The summons was in connection with one Shuaibu Bama an alleged Boko Haram member, arrested by members of the Joint Task Force (JTF) on Friday in a house believed to be the senator’s.The JTF had claimed that Bama was one of the commanders of the sect, who had been under watch.
Acknowledging the summons, Zanna, who represents Borno-Central Senatorial District, confirmed to newsmen on Sunday that he received a text message from the Director-General of the SSS, Mr. Ekpenyong Ita, inviting him to the SSS headquarters on Monday (today).
In his words, “Since my house was searched and the JTF made the announcement, I have not been contacted by security agencies… But it was only this morning (Sunday), I saw a text that the SSS DG will want to see me on Monday. I will honour the invitation.”
With this latest news in Nigeria we hope that the government can start looking into its cabinet Although denying that Bama had any links with the sect, the senator admitted that he was his sister’s son. He described Bama as a “drug addict”, who frequently threatened to kill members of his family. He said, “I really do not understand why they did all this. I am confused. If they want to frame me up, they have failed in that one because they did not get that boy in my house… I have nothing to do with it. Let them go and ask the person where the boy was staying. So, they should not have mentioned my house… Yes, he is my sister’s son. As for his behaviour, he is a drug addict. He beats up my children, he abuses my friends… He came to my house, so I sent him away. That was about almost a year ago. And for whatever reason I don’t know, he came to my house last week and I told my wife that he should leave the house.”

(1) (Reply)

Election Observers Urge Akeredolu, Oke To Accept Poll Result / Ogun Donates N7.5m To Families Of Slain Policemen / Emerging Technological Innovations And Business Opportunities To Watch Out For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.