Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos (7773 Views)

White Man, Policeman & Okada Rider On One Motorcycle Over Fuel Scarcity - Photo / Aliyu Giwa, Nigerian Policeman Dapper Than Some Musicians (Photos) / Riot At Ikorodu Garage After Policemen Killed An Okada Rider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by ogusbaba1(m): 5:22pm On Oct 23, 2012
The police officer attached to the Alakuko police station, allegedly shot dead the okada rider, who was identified as Alagede in the morning.
The incident happened at Kollington bus-stop, however, the identity of the police officer was yet to be ascertained.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-af6xeABcUpg/UIbCxJfyw3I/AAAAAAAADCQ/FzKYb8tFauo/s280/okada%2Bshoot%2Bdownn.jpg[/img]
But the unidentified police officer was said to have been enforcing the state government's ban on okada along the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway.
The police officer allegedly shot the okada rider following his refusal to stop after being ordered to do so.
Subsequently, several okada riders and hoodlums in the area took to the street and started vandalising State owned buses and other public property.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/protest-lagos-policeman-allegedly-kills-okada-rider
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by trigar12(m): 10:06pm On Oct 23, 2012
Men in black are always doing idiotic tinz. ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE as usual

1 Like

Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by TeeSeven(m): 10:06pm On Oct 23, 2012
The Police and their lawlessness again!
However, this Lagos 'Okada' menace is gradually getting out of hand with its daily unfolding drama.
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by naturalwaves: 10:08pm On Oct 23, 2012
They will soon come and blame Fashola for this now. Whenever anything happens in Lagos, it is Fashola.Funny people. The Police officer must be so daft and heartless to have killed someone for such a minor offence.At least, he could have shot the bike by the tyres or something. I've been following the Nigerian Police lately and I've observed that they don't know how to shoot on target, they just point and shoot. Who knows, maybe that's why they get killed so fast anytime there is a gun duel between them and armed bandits. They don't appear to be well trained atall.

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by femmy2010(m): 10:10pm On Oct 23, 2012
This is sad.
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by Ariyke: 10:12pm On Oct 23, 2012
What is Lagos nw turning to? make God help ussad
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by DANILSA(m): 10:14pm On Oct 23, 2012
AKPABIO WAS THE ONLY GOVERNOR THAT GOT IT RIGHT BY PAYING THEM 50000 THOUSAND NAIRA FOR THEIR BIKES AND THEY ALL WERE HAPPY TO SUBMIT. STILL WATCHING SHAA

1 Like

Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by ifeci: 10:16pm On Oct 23, 2012
naturalwaves: They will soon come and blame Fashola for this now. Whenever anything happens in Lagos, it is Fashola.Funny people.

who's the Governor of lagos pls? i think ur funny.
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by sylve11: 10:17pm On Oct 23, 2012
Be wary of the men in black. sad cool

1 Like

Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by omenziate(m): 10:17pm On Oct 23, 2012
Trigger- happy dolts, if na thief or mob action or lynching scene, dem no go get enough bullets.
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by udogenius: 10:18pm On Oct 23, 2012
I think the police force needs to be overhauled and reformed because most of them are not just illiterate but stack illiterate.
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by thelastPope(m): 10:19pm On Oct 23, 2012
naturalwaves: They will soon come and blame Fashola for this now. Whenever anything happens in Lagos, it is Fashola.Funny people.

Of course it is Fashola's fault! What the heck are you talking about? Is it the queen of England's fault? Something is wrong with your brain. How do you use firearms to enforce traffic laws? Where in the world do you do that? Eediot! Continue to spill blood as you like! Time will tell!

1 Like

Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by VirginFinder: 10:19pm On Oct 23, 2012
Enough of Okada jor.

Let the riders find something else to do or return to their villages to farm, abeg.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by pastormustwacc: 10:20pm On Oct 23, 2012
na wa o
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by Desdola(m): 10:21pm On Oct 23, 2012
This funny government of ours, depriving people of their source of livelihood without creating another. As 4 d police, its no new gist but he who lives by d sword dies by d sword
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by mejai(m): 10:21pm On Oct 23, 2012
Must d officer pull d trigger? What's d rule of engagement? Can't d officer give him a hot pursuit with their dead van? Why would d officer enforce d ban more dan fashola? D officer should be tried and sentence to death by swimming a pool of acid. 'toidI' officer
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by RedLight1: 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2012
the deed has being done.. how will destruction of public properties solve the problem.. we are in 21st century and we shouldnt be acting like savages...

if they are so angry, they could take it on the police instead of the masses... get the man that fire the shot arrested and prosecuted simple as abc
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by thelastPope(m): 10:27pm On Oct 23, 2012
Virgin Finder: Enough of Okada jor.

Let the riders find something else to do or return to their villages to farm, abeg.

You are a callous eediot! This is the value of human life to you abi? They say someone was shot dead and you wave it aside like they are talking about chicken! And I am sure you were one of those who was criticizing the Aluu people. How are you different now? I am sure you would have recorded and made fun of it if you were there. Eediot!

Are there no indegenes of Lagos who drive Okadas? Which village will they now go to? Eediotic f00ls!

1 Like

Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by thelastPope(m): 10:31pm On Oct 23, 2012
Red-Light:
the deed has being done.. how will destruction of public properties solve the problem.. we are in 21st century and we shouldnt be acting like savages...

So who are the savages, the policeman shooting an unarmed rider or the okada people destroying government properties? You see how some of you value buildings and buses more than human lives. Sums up typical Nigerians like you

1 Like

Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by Chitexs250(m): 10:35pm On Oct 23, 2012
Virgin Finder: Enough of Okada jor.

may God have mercy on u
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by VirginFinder: 10:38pm On Oct 23, 2012
thelastPope:

You are a callous eediot! This is the value of human life to you abi? They say someone was shot dead and you wave it aside like they are talking about chicken! And I am sure you were one of those who was criticizing the Aluu people. How are you different now? I am sure you would have recorded and made fun of it if you were there. Eediot!

Are there no indegenes of Lagos who drive Okadas? Which village will they now go to? Eediotic f00ls!

You are a bedsharer.

Its not by force to stay in Lagos, you hear?

Okada is doing more harm than good.

I support their outright ban,in fact.

Now, go and commit suicide,diickhead.
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by VirginFinder: 10:43pm On Oct 23, 2012
Chitexs250: may God have mercy on u

Amen!

Man should not be guided by emotions, though.

Emotions are often unreliable and deadly.
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by 50calibre(m): 10:43pm On Oct 23, 2012
Calling these men in black outfits police is an insult and degradation to the word POLICE.

I haven't seen a police force who shoot and murder civilians whom they are supposed to protect and yet when the come across criminals and armed robbers, they flee.
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by femionasan(m): 10:54pm On Oct 23, 2012
I wonder what career path Okada riding has for anyone doing it, there are numerous things a person can do to make a living apart from riding okada so please spare us all the gibberish. Now back to the rider killed by the police, it is quite unfortunate that such should happen and whoever is involved should be brought to book, this should not be used as a distraction. The law has come to stay.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by Smooyis(m): 11:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
May d soul of d deaceased rest in peace. But our okada riders should stop behaving like animals. They should know dat life is more important than anything, and stop risking theirs and dat of their passengers. D laws govt has made not to ride on expressways is okay and is 4 our own good. Our police should should be restructured. We need state or local police or whateva name u might call it. This present police can neva move naija forward. Personally i dont believe in them. God bless naija
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by ebosed: 11:23pm On Oct 23, 2012
Who gave license to import okada? Govt, Who issued them riders permit? Govt. Who issued them drivers license?

1 Like

Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by ebosed: 11:24pm On Oct 23, 2012
,[quote author=ebosed]Who gave license to import okada? Govt, Who issued them riders permit? Govt. Who issued them drivers licens,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by naturalwaves: 11:27pm On Oct 23, 2012
thelastPope:

Of course it is Fashola's fault! What the heck are you talking about? Is it the queen of England's fault?
No, it is the Chancellor of Germany's fault. Odestein! Why should Fashola be blamed for the actions of a Trigger happy policeman? Did he instruct anyone to shoot at sight? Did he tell anyone to use firearms in protecting the law? You are a lil bit daft so I will help you with this example; Your Dad tells your Teacher to flog you whenever you fail to do your assignment.You failed to do that on one occasion, the teacher attempts flogging you, you started running away and something terrible happens to you in the process through the teacher. Will your dad be blamed for trying to instill discipline in you? Or will you blame him for the over zealous action of the teacher? What exactly will you blame him for?.
thelastPope: Something is wrong with your brain

See what is coming out from a self acclaimed Pope's mouth.Remove that POPE from your Monika cos you are not worth being related with that name . Well, refer to the example I gave you up there, re-read and re-read it until your brain deciphers it. By the time you are through, you will see that it is your own brain that something is truly wrong with.
thelastPope: How do you use firearms to enforce traffic laws? Where in the world do you do that? Eediot!
Yeah, it is a bad idea to use firearms to protect a traffic law. The Policeman must be mad for doing that without being instructed to.
thelastPope: Continue to spill blood as you like! Time will tell!

This should be directed to the Trigger happy fellow as well. Time will tell!

1 Like

Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by iamswizz(m): 11:31pm On Oct 23, 2012
omenziate: Trigger- happy dolts, if na thief or mob action or lynching scene, dem no go get enough bullets.
grin grin
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by takedat(m): 11:56pm On Oct 23, 2012
thelastPope:

Of course it is Fashola's fault! What the heck are you talking about? Is it the queen of England's fault? Something is wrong with your brain. How do you use firearms to enforce traffic laws? Where in the world do you do that? Eediot! Continue to spill blood as you like! Time will tell!
Guy you never seize to amaze me. So if GEJ makes a law and the police is to enforce it and an overzealous police man murders a person in the line of duty would you put the blame on GEJ? Did GEJ take the blame for the police officer that murdered a guy at Agege during the fuel subsidy protest? Notwithstanding, the police officer should be investigated and brought to book.
@thelostpope, quit looking for every opportunity to score cheap political point for your party.
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by RedLight1: 12:14am On Oct 24, 2012
thelastPope:

So who are the savages, the policeman shooting an unarmed rider or the okada people destroying government properties? You see how some of you value buildings and buses more than human lives. Sums up typical Nigerians like you

I see... do u know the meaning of public properties? properties that belongs to the masses, like brt busses, roads, shops etc.. in-case u don't know how to check ur dictionary or use google to search for the meaning....
so now tell me, How will destroying this amenities solve the issue on ground? will it wake the person that died or arrest the police that shot the man...

do u think this destruction will affect fashola in anyway? at the end of the day, its the masses that will bear the brunt ...

if u had gone thru my post very well which am sure u didn't. u woulda realised that i wasnt against the protest but against the destruction of public property

NOW tell me How has the destruction of public property solve the issue on ground? by tomorrow now, u will come to nairaland that government didnt do this and that but u woulda forgot that u destroyed the properties that belongs to u thinking u are fighting the government
Re: Policeman Kill Okada Rider In Lagos by oluwizard(m): 12:34am On Oct 24, 2012
Am sorry for the poor guy RIP. Okada rider vs lagos gov na season film oooo that law can work in other states but not in lagos. Time will tell sha.

(1) (2) (Reply)

see who Is Leading In The Presidential Campaign / Buhari Has Not Disappointed Many Patriots – Rauf Aregbesola / The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.