Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,424 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:09 AM

SAVE MY SOUL !!!! My Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / SAVE MY SOUL !!!! My Laptop (828 Views)

Pls Save My Desk Top!!! / PLEASE SAVE !my Laptop Shows Blue Screen Which Says "Window 7 Has Detected Error / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SAVE MY SOUL !!!! My Laptop by queenet246(f): 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2012
i cant boot my laptop again after buying a windows xp cd plate. it now says repair.
does it mean my laptop has spoiled?
plz if there is anytin u guys can do for me plz do. before i faint ooooo.
dnt ignore pls.
Re: SAVE MY SOUL !!!! My Laptop by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 24, 2012
Good news is, your laptop is not damaged. Probably a corrupt OS issue. You need to let us know what actions you took to land yourself in the situation e.g did you try to install XP or just trying to do an upgrade or repair. What is the exact error message? If possible provide pics.
Re: SAVE MY SOUL !!!! My Laptop by felix55(m): 10:49pm On Oct 24, 2012
ur laptop s nt dead at al.format it n it wil boot again.
Re: SAVE MY SOUL !!!! My Laptop by koseepaaro(m): 12:17am On Oct 25, 2012
But what was the problem with your laptop before you buy the windows xp plate? And what did you do before your laptop displayed "repair"?
Re: SAVE MY SOUL !!!! My Laptop by queenet246(f): 6:48am On Oct 25, 2012
[quote
author=sting_224]Good news is, your laptop is not damaged. Probably a
corrupt OS issue. You need to let us know what actions you took to land
yourself in the situation e.g did you try to install XP or just trying
to do an upgrade or repair. What is the exact error message? If possible
provide pics.[/quote]
it says something like corrupt
then below it says use the original setup cd rom
then lastly
press r in the first screen to repair
laptop type hp compaq nc 6220
Re: SAVE MY SOUL !!!! My Laptop by queenet246(f): 6:50am On Oct 25, 2012
felix55: ur laptop s nt dead at al.format it n it wil boot again.
plz wat do i format it wit? i bought the windows xp and inserted it but it was nt working
Re: SAVE MY SOUL !!!! My Laptop by queenet246(f): 6:55am On Oct 25, 2012
[quote
author=sting_224]Good news is, your laptop is not damaged. Probably a
corrupt OS issue. You need to let us know what actions you took to land
yourself in the situation e.g did you try to install XP or just trying
to do an upgrade or repair. What is the exact error message? If possible
provide pics.[/quote]
it was giving problems of booting and error msgs. so i was told to buy d disk and boot it with the disk inside. which i was doing and i ws nt worrkin suddenly it started writing
corrupt somethin, i cnt remember
then below it use the original setup cd and lastly press r to repair on the first screen
Re: SAVE MY SOUL !!!! My Laptop by koseepaaro(m): 8:01am On Oct 25, 2012
My dear, please do not complicate the issue of your laptop. Look for a nearby computer repair shop in your area and have them fix the problem for you. Because from your explanation, I don`t think that this your computer problem is what you can fix yourself. That`s the best advice I have for you!
Re: SAVE MY SOUL !!!! My Laptop by scantee(m): 1:10pm On Oct 25, 2012
queenet246: i cant boot my laptop again after buying a windows xp cd plate. it now says repair.
does it mean my laptop has spoiled?
plz if there is anytin u guys can do for me plz do. before i faint ooooo.
dnt ignore pls.

follow these steps to restore your laptop.

i presume your laptop has an (OS) problem, which likely to happen when you inserted the windows xp, that re-writes the winsows32/bootexecutable files. and i'm sure you might need some important documents in your laptop, so needless formatting it now. so try do the following................

power on your laptop>keep pressing f8...> when prompt you to (OS)selection background...>select boot with (SAFE MODE)...then it will starting booting in a less-operational mode (safe mode)during the process a dialog will surface asking you, if you want to restore your system using system restore or if you want to continue booting with safe mode, you either choose yes or no, depends on your old version of OS installed, choose the appropriate one to restore your computer using the restore mode, after which it will redirect you to restoration page, select a date earlier before your laptop develop the fault, and click next, the restoration operation will start, you system will restart while restoring.... and after which it will boot normal with a full functional mode.

try this and get back to me if it doesn't work. i will recommend you a new procedure. gudluck
Re: SAVE MY SOUL !!!! My Laptop by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
Any progress?
Re: SAVE MY SOUL !!!! My Laptop by queenet246(f): 12:59pm On Oct 26, 2012
scantee:

follow these steps to restore your laptop.

i presume your laptop has an (OS) problem, which likely to happen when you inserted the windows xp, that re-writes the winsows32/bootexecutable files. and i'm sure you might need some important documents in your laptop, so needless formatting it now. so try do the following................

power on your laptop>keep pressing f8...> when prompt you to (OS)selection background...>select boot with (SAFE MODE)...then it will starting booting in a less-operational mode (safe mode)during the process a dialog will surface asking you, if you want to restore your system using system restore or if you want to continue booting with safe mode, you either choose yes or no, depends on your old version of OS installed, choose the appropriate one to restore your computer using the restore mode, after which it will redirect you to restoration page, select a date earlier before your laptop develop the fault, and click next, the restoration operation will start, you system will restart while restoring.... and after which it will boot normal with a full functional mode.

try this and get back to me if it doesn't work. i will recommend you a new procedure. gudluck
its still saying the same thing "windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt /windows/system32/config/system
Re: SAVE MY SOUL !!!! My Laptop by queenet246(f): 12:59pm On Oct 26, 2012
sting_224: Any progress?

no progress ooo
Re: SAVE MY SOUL !!!! My Laptop by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 26, 2012
Like the previous poster, I'll advise you take your laptop to a technician, when you do, please notify him/her of the need to backup/retain your files(if any).

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Browse On My New Andriod Tablet? / The Real Truth About Making Money Online / Beautiful Email Design Improves Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.