Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure (20863 Views)

Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years / Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! / BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by hammedkola(m): 4:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
That is good...I wish someone can stand up and beat our leaders for failing us like that
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2012
shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry

Somebody,please, tell me it's a joke!
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by UdekeJ(m): 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2012
That was uncivilized!
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by Abbott(m): 5:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
Babzilla:
Indeed people chose 2 see what they want to see. with Aluu still fresh on our minds U come up and make this statement?

Wont excuse the Aluu incident but I maintain no SW/SE/SS governor will whip a PHCN manager for not giving his community light. The whole story since yesterday still comes across across to me as surreal even when I read it this afternoon.
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by Abbott(m): 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2012
atiku07: guy u seems to be de most unbiased of all here. I stay in sokoto and was at de same wamako local government last sunday it was total blackout in dat area I mean a whole local govt. Headquarters dat apart. There was a transformer in dat area before all the incidence of power failure like datransformer got blown and nepa was contacted to repair de transformer of which dey did and three days later it got blown up again and now de governor tought it's wise to get a brand knew one cause he asked dis same nepa official wat was de cause of de blown repaired transformer and was told de contractor used fake materials in repairing de transformer and he said ok he should bring quotation for new one which was 17 millon naira o! And he was paid in full only for him to bring in de new transformer and it got blown up de third day again which means owo ti wo igbo lol and de guy was summoned again and he even have de effontrey to be telling de governor dat the transformer was a bad one men nepa guys funny die ! Na so governor provoke carry bulala wey hin keep besde am lol begin wipe nepa manager o! De thing no easy. Nepa has always been like dat trying 2 fleece ppl at every little chance, de guy tought he was chopping national cake haahahaha. Can u imagine a stepdown transformer got blown up and their kaduna office asked them to come and pick another one and all dey do was tell ppl in the zones using the transformer to contribute 10 million naira to transport it from kaduna. And that was why I support bart nnaji scrapping dem all. Mtcheewwwww

Well, if this story is true, well.....
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by 1025: 6:14pm On Oct 25, 2012
next time, make the gov use bomb. these phcn officials deserve nothing less than bomb blasts. come to think of it, how can these govs and their friends, bokos leave phcn officials and go about bombing innocent igbo traders?
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by stedox: 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2012
Pple wey dey hapi, una no knw say na pesin papa dem they beat so. May God 4give una. I tire 4 dis abokis
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by atiku07(m): 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2012
stedox: Pple wey dey hapi, una no knw say na pesin papa dem they beat so. May God 4give una. I tire 4 dis abokis
and tell me why person father too did not behave responsibly. Do honourable thing and atleast be honest even if it Is judt for once mtcheew. Am against beating a grown up man by de governor but dat guy took him for a fool he provoked him for real. Why doing things u r not sure of all cause u wanna make money nonsense.
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by Dee60: 9:22pm On Oct 25, 2012
BOKO stylee!
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by dave07(m): 10:13pm On Oct 25, 2012
Hearme: Since no one has come out to disclaim this action by the Governor it means it really happened.
This is a great shame on the country if a person of that caliber will act stupidly as he did.
Total abuse of power. The manager should file a case on the governor once the so called stupid
immunity he has is over. I expect civil societies in the country to condemn this stupid act. It
is actually not different from what happened in ALUU community. If the manager has intentionally denied
his hometown of power what does the Law says or what is he expected to do as the Chief executive officer of the state.
Zwarts in action.
Thank you sir for this sensible post

Even if your submission below is correct, are there no due process for dealing with issues like these, the governor's actions smacks of total irresponsibity and gross abuse of power. The money allegedly given to the Phcn manager came from his private pocket or is there no laid down procedures for the issuance of such. Yes, many may have grouse with phcn staff but the people there are also Nigerians and the corrption therein is a reflection of the society. No right thinking person would for any reason or in any guise applaud this governor for his actions. Like someone said, that man could have been anybody's father!
atiku07: guy u seems to be de most unbiased of all here. I stay in sokoto and was at de same wamako local government last sunday it was total blackout in dat area I mean a whole local govt. Headquarters dat apart. There was a transformer in dat area before all the incidence of power failure like datransformer got blown and nepa was contacted to repair de transformer of which dey did and three days later it got blown up again and now de governor tought it's wise to get a brand knew one cause he asked dis same nepa official wat was de cause of de blown repaired transformer and was told de contractor used fake materials in repairing de transformer and he said ok he should bring quotation for new one which was 17 millon naira o! And he was paid in full only for him to bring in de new transformer and it got blown up de third day again which means owo ti wo igbo lol and de guy was summoned again and he even have de effontrey to be telling de governor dat the transformer was a bad one men nepa guys funny die ! Na so governor provoke carry bulala wey hin keep besde am lol begin wipe nepa manager o! De thing no easy. Nepa has always been like dat trying 2 fleece ppl at every little chance, de guy tought he was chopping national cake haahahaha. Can u imagine a stepdown transformer got blown up and their kaduna office asked them to come and pick another one and all dey do was tell ppl in the zones using the transformer to contribute 10 million naira to transport it from kaduna. And that was why I support bart nnaji scrapping dem all. Mtcheewwwww
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by Nobody: 5:54am On Oct 26, 2012
I don't understand many of the responses here. The same NLers were very mad that Bishop Oyedepo slapped a witch. Una tire me o
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by ignis: 7:58am On Oct 26, 2012
[quote
author=misterme]I don't understand many of the responses here. The same
NLers were very mad that Bishop Oyedepo slapped a witch. Una tire me
o[/quote]
Abeg no mind them beefers...
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by Arosa(m): 10:13am On Oct 26, 2012
Anybody that support this barbaric act by this stupid Governor is a goat. Anyway this is one of the reasons Nigeria is a failed state, anything goes. mumu peeps rubbish country.
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by muktarmtt(m): 11:24am On Oct 26, 2012
Revealedtv: How is it the manager's fault that power generation is what it is in Nigeria? In a civilized society, this manager would be smiling to the bank after a short and publicized lawsuit. Having said that, I will now fart ***pooooooof****
shut wch lawsuit he give d manager manager 5 new brand tranformers but manager chop all d transformers nd replce dem wit fult one jst one week nd power go of gain dey check d transformer is old one he dserv 2 b flog
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by muktarmtt(m): 11:28am On Oct 26, 2012
hbrednic:

only in Nigeria,what a shame.
nd in only nigeria u cn give power campany a 5 trasnformers nd still no get light 4 a week cos dey replace dem wit old ones

1 Like

Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by ignis: 11:58am On Oct 26, 2012
muktar mtt: shut wch lawsuit he give d manager manager 5 new brand tranformers but manager chop all d transformers nd replce dem wit fult one jst one week nd power go of gain dey check d transformer is old one he dserv 2 b flog
And how the hell do you know this crappy story?
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by Arosa(m): 3:20pm On Oct 26, 2012
muktar mtt: shut wch lawsuit he give d manager manager 5 new brand tranformers but manager chop all d transformers nd replce dem wit fult one jst one week nd power go of gain dey check d transformer is old one he dserv 2 b flog

If what you wrote here is true, why flog him? The manager should be sacked or arrested then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi / Photos From Governor Obiano's 60th Birthday Party / President Buhari Arrives Seoul, South Korea Ahead Of World BIO Summit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.