Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,980 members, 7,828,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit (10213 Views)

Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail / Breaking News: Wike Vs Dakuku : Supreme Court Shifts Hearing To Next Week / Tinubu Vs AIT - Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 25, 2012
Fashola is acting a laid down script to depopulate Lagos. Banning Okada and closing the low cost housing and slumps are few of those projects in depopulating Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit by luvinhubby(m): 12:57pm On Oct 25, 2012
cool
Aderostock:
Is it Fashola's fault that you have to queue at the filling station?
These are opportunities for keke oprators to make more money especially around GRA Ikeja. Thump up Mr. Fashola and I urge you nt to relent sanitations and disciplinary acts. The only governor working while others are sleeping.
Wait for it, the law bans motorcycles & three wheelers at the same time.
Re: Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit by thelastPope(m): 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2012
Just imagine the credentials of ACN, the so called righteous party that want to rule Nigeria:

Ethnocentric
Tribal
Elitist
Arrogant
Divisive
Callous
Anti people
Undemocratic
Uncivilised

Yet they claim they are better than the PDP. Ironically, their last 2 presidential candidates (2007 and 2011) were borrowed from the PDP. One was even a rejected crook. They claim they are more politically advanced than everyone else, yet one man tells all of them what to do and pockets all the juicy contracts in their states. So much for credible, progressive party and political sophistication. Sad!

Is this what they want to present to Nigerians? A party that is aggressively pushing ethnic profiling will now go to the same Nigerians in 2015 and ask for their votes? Something tells me they are not intelligent at all.

On the other hand, maybe they have realised they can never win the presidency so they now want to build a kind of regional empire. Only problem with this is that they are not democrats and are anti people so they will eventually self destruct!
Re: Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit by geeez: 2:15pm On Oct 25, 2012
kennytidistar: [geeez]

Are you a lawyer? Okay I presume you aren't but I will assume for the
sake of this argument that you are learned. You may want to read the
traffic law and see for yourself if the destruction was in violation of
the law.

my friend thank you for showing your ignorant on social media, you think you know law abi? permit me to call you M/U/M/U of the highest order, dont you know that any law which dose not give room for judicial interpretation is called a decree. why will somebody make a law without given room for defence is lunatic, even FRSC will at most fine you not to confiscate or destroy your properties that is a crime, are you listening. i once called for a psychiatrist test to be conducted on fashola the last time he has issue with doctors some of you still praise him even though he lost wholefully, the danger is dat he might be suffering from unnotice excess stress which may have affected part of his brain. wait for me more to come.

My 7yr old niece knows the clear difference between a law and a decree. No one just wakes up to pass laws without subjecting it to a process. If your bike has been destroyed unjustly or you believe so strongly that the government of Lagos has done wrong, you can seek legal redress. That is why it's a law. Your senselessness is very nauseating I swear
Re: Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit by kennytidistar(m): 4:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
[geeez]

My 7yr old niece knows the clear difference between a law and a decree.
No one just wakes up to pass laws without subjecting it to a process. If
your bike has been destroyed unjustly or you believe so strongly that
the government of Lagos has done wrong, you can seek legal redress. That
is why it's a law. Your senselessness is very nauseating I swear

you dont know the difference if you know, you dont need to argue with me any longer i hope i'm not speaking french? and you wont tell me you are not aware of the verdict that nullify the law that establish lastma and other lagos traffic law as illegal.
Re: Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit by sammhi(m): 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2012
Fasola has no love for the common people.i also agree he needs a psychiatric test. it is obvious and not debatable.
which sane man wil
1) destroy 3000 Bikes without a court order and for a traffic offence
2)sack about 800 doctors for going on a 3 days strike
3) destroy peoples home for having a faulty design and take over the land
4) sack maroko residents without provision of alternative. does he thinks such people are comfortable and happy to live in such enviroment?
5) raise school fees from 20,000 to 250 ,000 suddenly
6) ban okada from all roads in lagos not just major roads...imagine the whole of festac town and Gra ikeja etcc. so which ones are left?

and many more.
my appeal is that Tinubu,pleas it is time to remove this man from the governor seat before he makes you loose lagos.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit by mbhs139(m): 6:31pm On Oct 25, 2012
luvinhubby:
The state should not play the judge and jury,
we run a tripatide system of govt. and the laws are supposed to interpreted and enforced by judiciary not the executive, Fashola erred by confiscating peoples property and crushing them without recourse to the judiciary, that my friend is illegal, let the courts decide on it.

I agree that the court should adjudicate on this. And if the Government looses, they should be made to pay.

Now, the reason is to set judicial precedence that Government/Might can not be alright all the time.
Re: Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit by onyekabe(m): 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2012
kennytidistar: [Aderostock]
It is only a lunatic, absurd or an idiot who comments this way! Who
needs psychiatric test if its not u? FRSC is on the roads to make money
from the commuters while LASG ensures the laws are adhere to without
looking back.

i have never insulted on nairaland but because of you i will insult, you are silly, stupid, idiot, arrogant, rude fraudstar, incompetent, daft, rogue, animal, insane, lunatic, and armed robber and you are a bastard. where in the advanced world did you hear that an offender lost is properties for contravening a halfbaked traffik law? ho my gosh. and God of the poor graduate masses who ride those okada will visit you and fashola and judge you both soon! let somebody shout amen.
AMEN

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit by olaheavy: 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2012
pro01: I didn't realise the extent of the ban on Okadas until I set out to some business within the Ikeja GRA Yesterday. Since I couldn't find an Okada to take me from Adekunle Fajuyi Street to Joel Ogunnaike Street (both within the GRA), a short distance for which the bikes ordinarily charge about N100, I had to take a taxi - guess what - for N600. At the end of the day, my three-way shuttle within GRA alone on taxis cost about 1,600! Ordinarily, it would have been N300 if it were through Okadas. By the time I was done for the day, I had spent about N4,500 on taxis. It would have been cheaper if I had gone out with my car, but I didn't have fuel and didn't have time to queue endlessly in a filling station. Then again, what about those who do not have their own cars? How do they afford to move conveniently around inner-city areas/routes not covered by buses? Taxis? If so, how many ordinary Lagosians can afford this?

You needed to see people trekking like refugees all around GRA and environs. I shook my head in pity; what kind of government puts the cart before the horse in making these kinds of wicked decisions to punish poor people? Where are the alternatives? Abuja can do without Okadas because its abundant taxis are relatively affordable, partly because of the wide roads and absence of traffic jams. In Lagos, that is not the case.

If you put yourself in the shoes of the ordinary man, you would clearly understand how senseless this policy is.
All we're saying is you Igbo monkeys should leave Yorubaland! Abi na by force to stay where you're not loved and welcome? Fvck the hell back to your flood-covered Eastern hellhole!
Re: Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 25, 2012
prince FAD: It is only a selfish person that would commend the action of Fashola for banning Okada and destroying the seized ones.How can you feel the pain of common man when u sit in ur and drive anywhere u like.The fact that u are very rich and you hv car doesnt mean that u should not conisderthe plight of the common man.This action of Fashola is only meant to benefit the rich and inflict more suffering on the poor

You've said it all my brother. You see, I pride myself as someone that has seen/experienced both sides of the coin; the highest levels to the lowest depths. I am a deep thinker, and an even deeper 'feeler'. What I have come to realise is that most Nigerians are very FAKE, and selfish.

Because you work in one mumu bank or whatever company or business and managed to do one or two runs and bought one or two tokunbo cars, you believe you have 'arrived' - therefore, to hell with everyone else. As far as you are concerned, Okadas are a menace because they litter the roads like ants and make driving more stressful for you, so you want the government to get rid of them so that the roads would be 'free' for you to ride around the city in comfort. You do not give a Bleep about the MAJORITY of ordinary/struggling Lagosians who do not own a car like you, and who cannot afford taxi cabs to get to their inner-city/suburban locations or destinations.. After all, it is not your fault that they are poor; they should 'work harder' to buy a car, if not, they should shut the Bleep up and trek to wherever they are going to, lol. That is the typical thinking of the average smug, selfish, arriviste, and despicable middle-class Nigerian.

I really thank God for my orientation and the experiences I've had that balanced my thinking and my perspective about life. I would hate myself if I were as selfish and shallow-minded as most middle class pretenders in this messed up country. I have long believed that the middle class is Nigeria's biggest problem. They cannot empathise with the lower classes, and as such they are usually complacent and lack activist persuasions - unlike the European and American middle classes who champion activist causes. Rather, the Nigerian middle classes are usually snobs who perpetually look down on the poor majority and look up to the upper class minority - 'hoping' to 'buy a house too in Lekki and a Range Rover Sport "by God's grace" (and by any means), lol. Selfish, materislistic, narrow-minded, and pretentious mindsets are typical for most of them.

The biggest tragedy is that most struggling Nigerians that manage to graduate to somewhat middle class status very quickly adopt this same shameful mindset too. It's a vicious circle for the most part. This is one of the main reasons why I personally believe that Nigeria would not make any real progress within the next 100 years. The people (especially the middle class) are worse than the leaders/ruling class that they love to condemn. May God help us.

3 Likes

Re: Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit by polokor60(m): 1:45am On Oct 26, 2012
^^whatelse can i say,you have sum it up.That is the ugly/sad truth.
Re: Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit by Xfactoria: 5:58am On Oct 26, 2012
Does Fashola and Lagos State House have jurisdiction to ban Okadas on Federal roads?

I recall that If anyone committs an offence on a federal premises or corridor, the case is adjudicated at the Federal High Court.

Lawyers in the house, please am I correct?
Re: Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit by Xfactoria: 6:13am On Oct 26, 2012
pro01:

You've said it all my brother. You see, I pride myself as someone that has seen/experienced both sides of the coin; the highest levels to the lowest depths. I am a deep thinker, and an even deeper 'feeler'. What I have come to realise is that most Nigerians are very FAKE, and selfish.

Because you work in one mumu bank or whatever company or business and managed to do one or two runs and bought one or two tokunbo cars, you believe you have 'arrived' - therefore, to hell with everyone else. As far as you are concerned, Okadas are a menace because they litter the roads like ants and make driving more stressful for you, so you want the government to get rid of them so that the roads would be 'free' for you to ride around the city in comfort. You do not give a Bleep about the MAJORITY of ordinary/struggling Lagosians who do not own a car like you, and who cannot afford taxi cabs to get to their inner-city/suburban locations or destinations.. After all, it is not your fault that they are poor; they should 'work harder' to buy a car, if not, they should shut the Bleep up and trek to wherever they are going to, lol. That is the typical thinking of the average smug, selfish, arriviste, and despicable middle-class Nigerian.

I really thank God for my orientation and the experiences I've had that balanced my thinking and my perspective about life. I would hate myself if I were as selfish and shallow-minded as most middle class pretenders in this messed up country. I have long believed that the middle class is Nigeria's biggest problem. They cannot empathise with the lower classes, and as such they are usually complacent and lack activist persuasions - unlike the European and American middle classes who champion activist causes. Rather, the Nigerian middle classes are usually snobs who perpetually look down on the poor majority and look up to the upper class minority - 'hoping' to 'buy a house too in Lekki and a Range Rover Sport "by God's grace" (and by any means), lol. Selfish, materislistic, narrow-minded, and pretentious mindsets are typical for most of them.

The biggest tragedy is that most struggling Nigerians that manage to graduate to somewhat middle class status very quickly adopt this same shameful mindset too. It's a vicious circle for the most part. This is one of the main reasons why I personally believe that Nigeria would not make any real progress within the next 100 years. The people (especially the middle class) are worse than the leaders/ruling class that they love to condemn. May God help us.

Guy, it is not a rich vs poor thing! Okada is a menace, take it or leave it. Weren't poor people moving around 20years ago when there was no Okada? Was a matter of the poor and the rich then? Aren't there still alternatives in Keke NAPEP? Granted, people will find it difficult at first, but believe me, heaven will not fall. Life will go on. Okadas have made crossing roads and walking on walkways pretty difficult for pedestrians on many roads. They increasingly make our roads unsafe. They jump out from nowhere and knock you down before you blink and you'd be lucky if you get a bruise. Some people die or are disabled for life! So, please let us look at the argument from both sides.

What I think is the problem is the inability of government to exercise control on commercial motorcycles and typical of Nigerian government authorities at all level, the easy way out is always their preferred option. The problem could be resolved by raising the bar on who is qualified to ride okadas. Instituting and enforcing laws that will mandate driving lessons, responsible driving etc. Fashola and his government are just lazy! Albeit, there are times as a leader that you have to take unpopular decisions as long as you are convinced it is the right thing to do.

One area that is not cleared to me though is whether Fashola and the Lagos State House can make laws to ban Okadas on federal roads on which they have no jurisdictions!
Re: Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 26, 2012
X-factoria:

Guy, it is not a rich vs poor thing! Okada is a menace, take it or leave it. Weren't poor people moving around 20years ago when there was no Okada? Was a matter of the poor and the rich then? Aren't there still alternatives in Keke NAPEP? Granted, people will find it difficult at first, but believe me, heaven will not fall. Life will go on.
This argument is not well thought out. Weren't we communicating without mobile phones and emails 20 years ago? Weren't we travelling without cars and aeroplanes 200 years ago? Would the "heavens fall" if we are forced to do without phones, computers, automobiles, trains, and airplanes? Granted, you would find it difficult at first to cope without these 'necessities', but would life not go on? However, would YOU rather go back to that era?

On the other hand, it's amazing that you think of Keke Napep as a real alternative. (1) Keke Napeps go not ply all inner city routes (2) They do not carry solo passengers, unless you choose to hire one, which once again takes us to the issue of cost. Can the underemployed, struggling man afford to hire Keke Napep to and from his house on a daily basis? The ONLY real alternative for such transportation is the taxi (as is the case in the modern, advanced cities you people like to cite), but since it is priced way out of reach of the common man, it is not an alternative at all.

Okadas have made crossing roads and walking on walkways pretty difficult for pedestrians on many roads. They increasingly make our roads unsafe. They jump out from nowhere and knock you down before you blink and you'd be lucky if you get a bruise. Some people die or are disabled for life! So, please let us look at the argument from both sides.

This is sophistry at best, and once again, it is a one-sided argument. Over the last one year, thousands of people have been involved in automobile accidents, keke Napep accidents, and plane crashes - leaving them dead, seriously wounded, or disabled for life. That has nothing to do with Okadas. Cars knock down pedestrians as well, and reckless drivers of (private cars and of 'danfo' buses) have made our roads unimaginably unsafe just like Okadas. Stretching the argument even further, thousands of kidnappings, armed robberies and other crimes have been perpetrated with vehicles across Nigeria this year alone.

This proves only one thing: the fault does NOT lie with Okada, the fault lies with modern society, with failure of leadership, and with us as a people. Everything that has an advantage has an accompanying disadvantage. That's life as we know it; we must deal with it and work constantly towards improvement. Cynthia's killers reportedly deployed facebook and blackberries to ensnare her. Fraudsters deploy emails to scam millions of people every year. Etc etc. Does this mean that social media, smartphones, and emails should be banned?
With regard to this Okada issue, the fact remains that it is indeed a "rich vs poor thing". The cosmetic, one-sided, and untenable arguments Fashola and his middle-class conspirators have been making against okada is sufficient proof of this.

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 26, 2012
thelastPope: Just imagine the credentials of ACN, the so called righteous party that want to rule Nigeria:

Ethnocentric
Tribal
Elitist
Arrogant
Divisive
Callous
Anti people
Undemocratic
Uncivilised

Yet they claim they are better than the PDP. Ironically, their last 2 presidential candidates (2007 and 2011) were borrowed from the PDP. One was even a rejected crook. They claim they are more politically advanced than everyone else, yet one man tells all of them what to do and pockets all the juicy contracts in their states. So much for credible, progressive party and political sophistication. Sad!

Is this what they want to present to Nigerians? A party that is aggressively pushing ethnic profiling will now go to the same Nigerians in 2015 and ask for their votes? Something tells me they are not intelligent at all.

On the other hand, maybe they have realised they can never win the presidency so they now want to build a kind of regional empire. Only problem with this is that they are not democrats and are anti people so they will eventually self destruct!
Let me ask u just a simple question. Name 1 People destructive party governor or even president who have done one tenth of what fashola had done in lagos. Please do feel free to mention them. Why not face your anger and frustration at the FG who have achieved nothing for the people than insecurity, mass killings and bombings,corruption, lawlessness and all sort of evil. Lagos is doing what is necessary for the good of the generality of the people. May i remind u that it is not only in lagos that okadas are banned cos of the robbery and accidents associated with okadas but u wil not call them antisocial,antipeople,calous cos of ur blindness and racial bigotry. My advice is this,tell ur pdp led state government to take a cue from lagos else a massive tsunami wil sweep them off come 2015.
Re: Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 26, 2012
thelastPope: Just imagine the credentials of ACN, the so called righteous party that want to rule Nigeria:

Ethnocentric
Tribal
Elitist
Arrogant
Divisive
Callous
Anti people
Undemocratic
Uncivilised

Let me ask u just a simple question. Name 1 People destructive party governor or even president who have done one tenth of what fashola had done in lagos. Please do feel free to mention them. Why not face your anger and frustration at the FG who have achieved nothing for the people than insecurity, mass killings and bombings,corruption, lawlessness and all sort of evil. Lagos is doing what is necessary for the good of the generality of the people. May i remind u that it is not only in lagos that okadas are banned cos of the robbery and accidents associated with okadas but u wil not call them antisocial,antipeople,calous cos of ur blindness and racial bigotry. My advice is this,tell ur pdp led state government to take a cue from lagos else a massive tsunami wil sweep them off come 2015.
Re: Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit by olaheavy: 2:14pm On Oct 26, 2012
maryjames9: Let me ask u just a simple question. Name 1 People destructive party governor or even president who have done one tenth of what fashola had done in lagos. Please do feel free to mention them. Why not face your anger and frustration at the FG who have achieved nothing for the people than insecurity, mass killings and bombings,corruption, lawlessness and all sort of evil. Lagos is doing what is necessary for the good of the generality of the people. May i remind u that it is not only in lagos that okadas are banned cos of the robbery and accidents associated with okadas but u wil not call them antisocial,antipeople,calous cos of ur blindness and racial bigotry. My advice is this,tell ur pdp led state government to take a cue from lagos else a massive tsunami wil sweep them off come 2015.
Don't even mind the a@@holes! Many Eastern, do-nothing, governors had banned okadas in their cannibalistic domains and they all packed up and came to Yorubaland without uttering a word. And these Internet charlatans that are now blowing yeye grammar on Nairaland were nowhere to be found then. These Eastern sons and daughters of biiitches are always at the ready to criticize and poo-pooh any laws or edicts made or ratified by our Western (Yoruba) governors and, yet, they continue living and prospering in Yorubaland. You're all omo ale because Raji Fashola had told you swines severally that if you're not willing to respect and abide by our laws you're free to fvck the hell back to your shiiiitholes in the East! One of your never-do-well govenors in the East just stole billions of naira and purchased a Bombardier jet even as his cannibalistic compatriots are being killed and displaced by the deluge -- why won't you fools say something about that? Damn you, fools!
Re: Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit by Sleek05(f): 2:33pm On Oct 26, 2012
@pro01, uve made so much sense on this thread but its rly unfortunate dat many mobile ones will fail 2 reason wit u cuz dey have cars n its not dia bizness as far as it doesn't affect them and dia immediate family. I stay in ikeja GRA and I've just chosen 2 excuse myself frm lagos 4a while til evrythn is sane...I wudnt evn complain if alternatives lyk d tricycles r provided but nothin at all...I just hope fashola rethinks concernin dis his policy, I've always been a fan of him but dis time arnd, hez overdone it!
Re: Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit by Xfactoria: 6:02pm On Oct 26, 2012
pro01:
This argument is not well thought out. Weren't we communicating without mobile phones and emails 20 years ago? Weren't we travelling without cars and aeroplanes 200 years ago? Would the "heavens fall" if we are forced to do without phones, computers, automobiles, trains, and airplanes? Granted, you would find it difficult at first to cope without these 'necessities', but would life not go on? However, would YOU rather go back to that era?

On the other hand, it's amazing that you think of Keke Napep as a real alternative. (1) Keke Napeps go not ply all inner city routes (2) They do not carry solo passengers, unless you choose to hire one, which once again takes us to the issue of cost. Can the underemployed, struggling man afford to hire Keke Napep to and from his house on a daily basis? The ONLY real alternative for such transportation is the taxi (as is the case in the modern, advanced cities you people like to cite), but since it is priced way out of reach of the common man, it is not an alternative at all.

This is sophistry at best, and once again, it is a one-sided argument. Over the last one year, thousands of people have been involved in automobile accidents, keke Napep accidents, and plane crashes - leaving them dead, seriously wounded, or disabled for life. That has nothing to do with Okadas. Cars knock down pedestrians as well, and reckless drivers of (private cars and of 'danfo' buses) have made our roads unimaginably unsafe just like Okadas. Stretching the argument even further, thousands of kidnappings, armed robberies and other crimes have been perpetrated with vehicles across Nigeria this year alone.

This proves only one thing: the fault does NOT lie with Okada, the fault lies with modern society, with failure of leadership, and with us as a people. Everything that has an advantage has an accompanying disadvantage. That's life as we know it; we must deal with it and work constantly towards improvement. Cynthia's killers reportedly deployed facebook and blackberries to ensnare her. Fraudsters deploy emails to scam millions of people every year. Etc etc. Does this mean that social media, smartphones, and emails should be banned?
With regard to this Okada issue, the fact remains that it is indeed a "rich vs poor thing". The cosmetic, one-sided, and untenable arguments Fashola and his middle-class conspirators have been making against okada is sufficient proof of this.

Good job in picking holes in my argument, great insights!

But I wouldn't agree this is a "rich vs poor thing". More poor people are rendered disabled/dead from Okada mishaps than the middle class or the rich. So, really, it is in the best interest of the poor if the middle class or the rich supports the Governor's decision.

By and large, this crisis stems from the failure of government to emplace and enforce standards. Nigerian administrators always like the easy way out of everything.
Re: Court Grants Accelerated Hearing To Okada Riders' Suit by bolayei: 6:58pm On Oct 28, 2012
fundamental human right nko like freedom of movement?

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Clears Ize-iyamu, Obaseki, 17 Others For Edo Guber Poll. / House Of Reps Justifies N578billion Hike In 2018 Budget. / OPL 245: Malami Says Nigeria Expecting $200 Million From Netherland, Switzerland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.