Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:45 AM

Uduaghan Celebrates 58th Birthday With Flood Victim In Rehabilitation Camps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uduaghan Celebrates 58th Birthday With Flood Victim In Rehabilitation Camps (446 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan's 58th Birthday Celebration Photos / Goodluck Jonathan Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today / Prof. Yemi Osinbajo's 58th Birthday Party (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Uduaghan Celebrates 58th Birthday With Flood Victim In Rehabilitation Camps by obazman(m): 11:28am On Oct 25, 2012
UDUAGHAN CELEBRATES 58TH BIRTHDAY WITH FLOOD VICTIM IN REHABILITATION CAMPS

Delta state governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan on Monday 22nd 2012 celebrated his 58th birthday with flood victims in the state, expressing his happiness that they are looking healthy and well looked after.
The governor who expressed surprise that they were looking so healthy and radiant asked whether they were the same victims he had visited sometime ago to which they chorused ‘yes.’
Expressing happiness at the turn of event he said “It is difficult to believe that you are the flood victims who stay here. I am happy that you are looking so well. I am here to celebrate my birth day with you and to assure you that I want your happiness and will always care for you”.
Governor Uduaghan said: “There are some people who do not have the comfort of their beds to sleep on, clothes to put on or any material to boast of, those are the people I want to mark my birthday with and the best gift you can give me today is to get a cloth or something precious to any of the rehabilitation camps today or tomorrow.”
Dr Uduaghan said he was celebrating the birthday with them to put smiles on their faces and divert their attention from the disaster they went through.
The governor also said he deviated from his previous style of celebration because of the flood victims explaining that rather than marking it with close political associates he chose to celebrate it with the flood victims to give them a sense of belonging.
Dr Uduaghan visited all the relief camps in the state, including Asaba, Illah, Kwale, Ozoro, Oleh, Ughelli, Oginibo (Ughelli South LGA), Ogbe-Ijo, etc., said he was dedicating the birthday to the flood victims in order to identify with their sufferings at this time of their lives.
At each of the camps children and adults sang happy birthday and cut the cake with the governor who was accompanied by his wife.
It was an interesting sight to behold especially as the flood victims who previously wore sorrowful looks some days back were gaily dressed and danced with enthusiasm. 
In another development, more relief materials were donated to the camps by concerned citizens in the state.
The governor assured the displaced victims that the materials would be evenly distributed to the various camps in the state and guaranteed that the items would be used judiciously.
Dr Uduaghan commended well meaning Deltans, Nigerians who had stepped up to assist the government in caring for the displaced victims saying that their good gesture could only be repaid by God Himself.

(1) (Reply)

Flood Divides South South In Three / A Tale Of Two National Anthems / Jonathan, Mark, Tambuwal Condemn Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.