Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

We Are Getting $600 From The Government Soon ! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We Are Getting $600 From The Government Soon ! (1644 Views)

Dangote All Smiles Over His $600 Million Dangote Cement Plant In Ethiopia (photo / Meet Mrs Folorunsho Alakija Africa's Richest Woman @ $600 Million = N94 Billion / $600,000 Stolen In Raid Of Bureau De Change At Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Getting $600 From The Government Soon ! by SweetT1: 11:45pm On Jan 26, 2008
Bush and congress has decided to give every tax payers $600 to boost the economy. I think we should have gotten more but it's better than nothing. I remember the one we got in 2001 actually helped the economy to boom. I think i will save mine till i decide on what to do with it. It's good to know that i actually got close to $4000 (The $600 plus my income tax return) back from IRS this year eventhough i paid a lot in taxes. We should have got atleast $1500 but damn the republicans. Freaking whores.
Re: We Are Getting $600 From The Government Soon ! by Iman3(m): 11:58pm On Jan 26, 2008
You guys shouldn't get a dime tongue

This is a complete waste of money.It wasn't the tax rebates of 2001 that helped revamp the economy but the tax cuts of 2003 which cut capital gains and dividend taxes .

All this does is worsen the deficit.This rebate has to come from somewhere,from the pockets of taxpayers or from Govt borrowing.Its flawed policy merely intended to gain public approval.
Re: We Are Getting $600 From The Government Soon ! by SweetT1: 1:02am On Jan 27, 2008
@Iman

Who told you that?? If it wasn't for the tax rebate just before the 911 incident the country would have been in a deep mess. The 2003 tax cut was only felt by the top1%, it did not help the consumers at all. This new rebate will give the economy a shot in the arm and return the money to the tax payers to spend.The deficit is already large, we need a boost in the economy to cut the deficits.
Re: We Are Getting $600 From The Government Soon ! by hispy99(m): 2:54am On Jan 27, 2008
Sweet T:

Bush and congress has decided to give every tax payers $600 to boost the economy. I think we should have gotten more but it's better than nothing. I remember the one we got in 2001 actually helped the economy to boom. I think i will save mine till i decide on what to do with it. It's good to know that i actually got close to $4000 (The $600 plus my income tax return) back from IRS this year eventhough i paid a lot in taxes. We should have got atleast $1500 but damn the republicans. Freaking whores.

Lucky you, not everyoone is getting though, those making above $75k (individuals) don't get anything.
Re: We Are Getting $600 From The Government Soon ! by qimpex: 3:40am On Jan 27, 2008
I-man:

You guys shouldn't get a dime tongue

This is a complete waste of money.It wasn't the tax rebates of 2001 that helped revamp the economy but the tax cuts of 2003 which cut capital gains and dividend taxes .

All this does is worsen the deficit.This rebate has to come from somewhere,from the pockets of taxpayers or from Govt borrowing.Its flawed policy merely intended to gain public approval.

I-man, why now?I need this money badly

hispy99:

Lucky you, not everyoone is getting though, those making above $75k (individuals) don't get anything.

Hispy99, what's the cut-off for married couples?
Re: We Are Getting $600 From The Government Soon ! by SweetT1: 3:44am On Jan 27, 2008
@qimpex

A married couple that makes less than $150,000 will get $1200 and $300 for each children. The checks will be mailed this spring.

@hispy99

yeah, i am kinda close to the cut off but i'll still get my $600 though.
Re: We Are Getting $600 From The Government Soon ! by hispy99(m): 7:13am On Jan 27, 2008
qimpex:

I-man, why now?I need this money badly

Hispy99, what's the cut-off for married couples?

$150k max (both of you combined) just as Sweet T stated
Re: We Are Getting $600 From The Government Soon ! by trick15: 6:36pm On Jan 31, 2008
When are we due to get this money?
Re: We Are Getting $600 From The Government Soon ! by Sentra: 7:22pm On Jan 31, 2008
What happens if your spouse did not work through out the year.And again if u are filling married is it going to be $600 x 2 even if your spouse did not work fr that year.

(1) (Reply)

GTB Mastercard / . / Bet365

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.