Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ (2204 Views)

The Cockville Miracle (A True Proof Of God's Existence) For Atheist... / Questions And Answers For Atheist / Thought Provoking Questions For Atheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 27, 2012
Saw dis in my mail,.and i thought i should just share it here on nairaland..though i haven't checked some of the names to know how authentic d story is..but i DO know most are very true.

These are men who mocked d name of the Lord..and see how they ended up:

John Lennon (Singer):
Some years before, during his interview with an American Magazine, he said:
‘Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was OK, but his subjects were too simple, today we are more famous than Him’ (1966). Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

Tancredo Neves (President of Brazil ):
During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency.
Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before being made President, then he died.

Cazuza (Bi-sexual Brazilian, composer, singer and poet):
During A show in Canecio (Rio de Janeiro), while smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: "God, that’s for you."
He died at the age of 32 of LUNG CANCER
in a horrible manner.

The man who built the Titanic After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be.
With an ironic tone he said: ‘Not even God can sink it’
The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic.

Marilyn Monroe (Actress),
She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show.
He said the Spirit of God had sent him to
preach to her. After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: ‘I don’t
need your Jesus’.
A week later, she was found dead in her
apartment

Bon Scott (Singer)
The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of
his 1979 songs he sang: ‘Don’t stop me; I’m going down all the way, down the
highway to hell’.
On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his own vomit.

Campinas (IN 2005)
In Campinas , Brazil a group of friends,
drunk, went to pick up a friend…..
The mother accompanied her to
the car and was so worried about the
drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter holding her hand, who was already seated in the car: ‘My
Daughter, Go With God And May He Protect You. She responded: ‘Only If He
(God) Travels In The
Trunk, Cause Inside Here…..It’s Already Full ' Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a
fatal accident, everyone had died,
the car could not be recognized, what
type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact. The police said there was no way the trunk
could have remained
intact. To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was
broken.

Christine Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist and entertainer) said
the Bible (Word of God) was the worst book ever written. In June 2006 she was found burnt beyond recognition in her
motor vehicle!

So atheist, over to you??
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by UyiIredia(m): 10:27pm On Oct 27, 2012
I don't think this will make atheists have a rethink. They are just too stubborn. I just hope the likes of Calloti will read this and quit with their offensive posts.
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by 2good(m): 10:48pm On Oct 27, 2012
Common everybody dies both theist and atheist, This post is a lame man's argument for religion. By the way this post have been in circulation for years now so it's not a new story.
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by pastormustwacc: 11:07pm On Oct 27, 2012
Rubbish thread.
I dont believe that christians should fight with the atheists or anything. Just let them be. Have you people not realized yet that we all have different destinies and work to do.
Can you seriously afford to be wasting your time with atheists?

Ephesians 6:12 via New International Version (NIV)

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

You nairaland christians are falling my hand o. I mean seriously, e fi awon aluminati le, e lon ba awon alainigbagbo ja?
Translated: You left aluminati alone, and start battling with atheists?

Between atheists and aluminati, which one is more dangerous? If you know as much about alumati like me, then you will realize that THE ATHEISTS ARE YOUR FRIENDS.

This is similar to the nigerian saying that "IF SOLDIER SLAP YOU, YOU GO KNOW SAY POLICE NA YOUR FRIEND".
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by Agiliti(m): 11:35pm On Oct 27, 2012
@OP
thats a warped way to look at cause and effect
what about Bimbo Odukoya or Ayodeji Cole.....did they not pray before they boarded their flights? did they mock god?
what about the countless christians that are killed during church service in the north...did they mock god?
why are people like Richard Dawkings, etc still walking around?

the truth is if it's your time to go, its your time to go, even if you die at 99 years old, people would still try to figure out what killed you
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by Seun(m): 11:46pm On Oct 27, 2012
All of these stories are all probably false, you know. You should check each story on Wikipedia or Google to find out whether it is true or not.

1 Like

Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by pastormustwacc: 11:47pm On Oct 27, 2012
God did nothing to prevent Jesus from being punished and murdered. You people do not really understand the scriptures.

In fact the same bible said that the antichrist will be given power to even kill believers that refuse to take the 666 mark.

Even lazarus that was ressurected by Jesus christ still later died.

Being a christian does not make you immune to death on this plane.

So the whole thread was pointless from the start. And believers do not even need to fight for the Almight God in the first place (except maybe muslims).

1 Like

Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by Nobody: 12:54am On Oct 28, 2012
I have to credit u @pastormustwac. U really sounded mature.
You know if most christians weren't plain hypocrites and actually behaved like mature people, then there would be nothing to mock.

2 Likes

Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by pastormustwacc: 1:06am On Oct 28, 2012
Thank you very much.
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 28, 2012
inurmind: I have to credit u @pastormustwac. U really sounded mature.
You know if most christians weren't plain hypocrites and actually behaved like mature people, then there would be nothing to mock.
don't let davidylan catch you...

1 Like

Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by illicit(m): 10:23am On Oct 28, 2012
All dis pple died, bukky are u tryin to say xtians don't die? Whichever ways? Either good or bad?
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by ayobase(m): 11:55am On Oct 28, 2012
Seun: All of these stories are all probably false, you know. You should check each story on Wikipedia or Google to find out whether it is true or not.
Yeah, probably.....does it refute all!
But, must you!
No wonder!
@@modified@@
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by onetrack(m): 12:14pm On Oct 28, 2012
A science professor might say "the plural of anecdote is not data." Anyone can gather a few stories here and there to justify whatever they believe, but that does not make it hard evidence.

Also you should look up the term 'illusory correlation'. It applies here as well.
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by ayobase(m): 12:19pm On Oct 28, 2012
pastormustwacc: God did nothing to prevent Jesus from being punished and murdered. You people do not really understand the scriptures.

In fact the same bible said that the antichrist will be given power to even kill believers that refuse to take the 666 mark.

Even lazarus that was ressurected by Jesus christ still later died.

Being a christian does not make you immune to death on this plane.

So the whole thread was pointless from the start. And believers do not even need to fight for the Almight God in the first place (except maybe muslims).

Yeah, the thread could be pointless,
but the message of mocking God and the
consequence after shouldn't be adulterated!
Mocking a fellow alone has a terrible effect, let alone of blaspheming God!
U can say what the OP pointed out is pointless, but does it mean mocking God is pointless!
Some didnt live to testify!
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 28, 2012
Ok i quite agree with most of you..its a baseless arguement..cos at least everybody will die(not everybody will die untimely anyway)..but dat don't justify dat mocking God is right either. Does it??
Btw, i'm not d one who formed d post..i saw d sense in it and i just pasted it to see reactions and comment..so y'all should take it easy on me. embarassed
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by wiegraf: 12:48pm On Oct 28, 2012
booqee: Ok i quite agree with most of you..its a baseless arguement..cos at least everybody will die(not everybody will die untimely anyway)..but dat don't justify dat mocking God is right either. Does it??
Btw, i'm not d one who formed d post..i saw d sense in it and i just pasted it to see reactions and comment..so y'all should take it easy on me. embarassed

Tis okay. But don't expect us to humor you, freedom of speech and all. We'll be hoping you extend the honor to us. Criticism, even if it looks like slander to you, is vital to progress. We won't be holding back.
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by pastormustwacc: 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2012
ayobase:

Yeah, the thread could be pointless,
but the message of mocking God and the
consequence after shouldn't be adulterated!
Mocking a fellow alone has a terrible effect, let alone of blaspheming God!
U can say what the OP pointed out is pointless, but does it mean mocking God is pointless!
Some didnt live to testify!
I understand you very well, the angle of approach of the OP is wrong. You should not threaten people with judgement/death. You do not need to fight for God in any way. Preach the gospel, tell the truth and move on with your life peacefully. Those that wish to run their mouth, let them go on, we will continue to preach the gospel and save those that can be saved. That is what i meant.
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by cyrexx: 1:01pm On Oct 28, 2012
Can i just mock god now to prove that it is only humans who get offended when god is mocked. This proves that the concept of god was created by human mind and such an imaginary god's ego must be protected by humans who created him.

So once again, can i just mock him for sitting his big fat idiotic uncaring a.s.s in the heavens while watching humans suffer and doing nothing to help.
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by ayobase(m): 1:07pm On Oct 28, 2012
pastormustwacc:
I understand you very well, the angle of approach of the OP is wrong. You should not threaten people with judgement/death. You do not need to fight for God in any way. Preach the gospel, tell the truth and move on with your life peacefully. Those that wish to run their mouth, let them go on, we will continue to preach the gospel and save those that can be saved. That is what i meant.

No probs!
Make una no chop Bukky raw o!
She don beg una!
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by ayobase(m): 1:08pm On Oct 28, 2012
cyrexx: Can i just mock god now to prove that it is only humans who get offended when god is mocked. This proves that the concept of god was created by human mind and such an imaginary god's ego must be protected by humans who created him.

So once again, can i just mock him for sitting his big fat idiotic uncaring a.s.s in the heavens while watching humans suffer and doing nothing to help.

Al Pacino!
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by pastormustwacc: 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2012
ayobase:

No probs!
Make una no chop Bukky raw o!
She don beg una!
Okay, no problem,
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by thehomer: 1:47pm On Oct 28, 2012
Have you compared your list to those who have mocked God and lived fruitful lives? How about those who praised God and died horribly? You really need to learn something about properly analyzing information you come across.
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 28, 2012
Ok!
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by sunkoye: 4:26pm On Oct 28, 2012
“Think of the psychological absurdity of picturing a little band of defeated cowards cowering in an upper room one day and a few days later transformed into a company that no persecution could silence – and then attempting to attribute this dramatic change to nothing more convincing than a miserable fabrication … That simply wouldn’t make sense.”
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 28, 2012
Seun: All of these stories are all probably false, you know. You should check each story on Wikipedia or Google to find out whether it is true or not.

Mr. Seun, just a question. Are you a christain or a muslim or probably an aetheist? This your response is quite funny oo.
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by Pennywise(m): 4:32pm On Oct 28, 2012
^^^
Seun is a closet atheist. But he wont admit it because he knows it is bad for business in a highly religious society like ours.
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2012
Ohh Nairaland Christians.. I truly admire them in all honestly.. to quote from an earlier post which helps me manage my expectations of Nairaland Christians

lagerwhenindoubt: Opinionated list - @OP you showed your hand before you even played the game grin

1: Practical Christians - Spirit-filled, Wisdom-imparted and Commonsense-minded
2: Impractical Christians - Passion-driven (zealots), Knowledge wo Understanding and Faith-wearing Christians
3: Illiterate Christians - Faith-filled Vegetables

[size=20pt]Examples of Practical Christians[/size]
Presumably 10% of Nairaland Christians fall into this category. You know you fit in here when you Study the Bible with Wisdom and Apply it with Understanding. This readily brings to mind the man Jesus when he quotes Hosea 6:6: "I desire mercy and not sacrifice." Jesus gives an illustration that explains His point. Anyone would have pulled a sheep out of a pit, even if it were done on a Sabbath day. This would definitely constitute work. Normally it would be forbidden. But Practical Christians would agree it could be done under these emergency circumstances.

[size=20pt]Examples of Impractical Christians[/size]
Presumably another 10% of Nairaland (Inter-denominational) Christians fall into this category (you know them wink). You know you fit in perfectly when you Live your Faith by Faith Alone and nothing else. They believe every doctrine by Faith and also apply it by Preaching and fanciful words with Zero Wisdom (Motivational Christians). The Evidence of their Faith is in Proclaiming it and not Practicing it. These types are quaintly described in James 2:14-17 "What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. They are great at arguing to a point of numbing mental attrition

[size=20pt]Examples of Illiterate Christians[/size]
These categories of Christians make up 80% of Nairaland Christians - They are filled and over-flowing with Faith (no works, no wisdom and definitely no understanding). They have a verse for every Blessing and Curse under the Sun - they have no memory whatsoever of the Meaning of the Book and Chapter.
These class of Christians can only quote one verse per issue raised and cannot raise references from various books to support their position. You will find them saying things such as "Touch Not My Anointed" or "Judge not" or "God Knows Best" or "Man Plans but God Fulfills" or "Heaven Helps those who help themselves" or "Rest in Peace". They are pristine experts at misquoting the Bible and refer to their pastors as Daddy, paying Dangerous Tithes while their Families StarveFast for Divine Harvest from Heaven once every year.

So there you have it... find your level
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 28, 2012
^^Worefa! No time abeg!
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by oderemo(m): 5:43pm On Oct 28, 2012
what do u mean by worefa, dont start what u cant finish, this AREA is not your usual joke section, where u are the crown princes.
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by cyrexx: 5:50pm On Oct 28, 2012
booqee: ^^Worefa! No time abeg!

so if you no get time for our replies, why did you create a thread about atheists mocking your imaginary muthafking idiotic God who cannot defend his own ego but depend on puny humans to speak for him?

You cant just address us without hearing our reply.
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2012
Arguing with atheist is as pointless as using a straw to break stone. Its a stupid waste of time..and i gat no time to waste..ok??
I only posted cos it made some sense to me..and to see wat u guys are gon make of it, ur views on it and all..not to argue. I have an atheist friend..and i don't bother broaching d subject of religion with him..its a bloody waste of time..like walking in circles. Needed ur views dats all. If you're so bent on argument..assist urself with d nearest brick wall. undecided
Re: For Atheist And People Who Just Mock God. :-\ by cyrexx: 7:34pm On Oct 28, 2012
booqee: Arguing with atheist is as pointless as using a straw to break stone. Its a stupid waste of time..and i gat no time to waste..ok??
I only posted cos it made some sense to me..and to see wat u guys are gon make of it, ur views on it and all..not to argue. I have an atheist friend..and i don't bother broaching d subject of religion with him..its a bloody waste of time..like walking in circles. Needed ur views dats all. If you're so bent on argument..assist urself with d nearest brick wall. undecided

nobody is interested in argument with you either. infact nobody indicated here any intention of engaging you in argument. we only reacted to the ill-informed post you made. you said you wanted our views and you have it. isnt that mission accomplished?

you dont expect zero reaction after such a thread. do you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] / Jesus, Multiple Personality Disorder And Schizophrenia. / See The Head Of Goliath

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.