Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade (5516 Views)

Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation / Kwankwaso Demanded N1.3bn For Own House / Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by gilmaro(m): 2:49pm On Oct 28, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: I think this common practice among PDP Gov.
Here is the recent history.......

Oyinlola(Osun State) he borrowed 20 Billion with few months left to leave office to upgrade 6 stadia accross the state but nothing was done.

Gbenga Daniel(Ogun State) he borrowed 50 billion with few months left for big projects accross the state but nothing to show for it.

Now Delta

With less than 24 months, you are embarking on a new project that won't be finished before you leave office.

Why not complete all the projects you have at hand now before you leave,so that your name will be attached to it when you leave?

This is to show that there was never a project going on in the first place.
The problem in delta state is that nobody is doing anything to save the state from the hands of these rogues. The only man attempting to bring change has severally been frustrated by pdp godfathers n our porous judiciary. God come an save delta state from pdp. Now the rogue wants to spend 37.3 billion on upgrading osubi airstrip, and still tells us that he can't complete it before leaving office... cry
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by wellmax(m): 3:03pm On Oct 28, 2012
Seriously how much does it cost τ̅☺ construct a new airport from sractch?
Ibori steals in billions, Uduaghan steals in tens of billion. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by wellmax(m): 3:07pm On Oct 28, 2012
Soon some people will say PDP is better than ACN. Show me one ACN controlled state where money is wasted compared τ̅☺ these PDP rogues. From Borno to Taraba, from A/Ibom τ̅☺ Delta, the PDP shame story is the same

1 Like

Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by Gigafx1: 3:07pm On Oct 28, 2012
shocked :o37.3bn for Osubi Airstrip upgrade shocked. Wonderfull criminally minded confused thief, confirmed information from the airport said the only upgrade needed for bigger aircraft to land is less than 1km extension of the existing runway. Wat does uduaghan need 37.3bn for shocked shocked shocked
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by bigblow(m): 3:08pm On Oct 28, 2012
[quote author=jude33084][/quote]
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by Pennywise(m): 3:26pm On Oct 28, 2012
wellmax: Seriously how much does it cost τ̅☺ construct a new airport from sractch?
Ibori steals in billions, Uduaghan steals in tens of billion. grin grin grin

The difference is that the evidence of Iboris good deeds still abound in Delta. The state of Delta roads is appalling. Local govts that should be responsible for refuse disposal are non existent so refuse has taken over major cities like Warri
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by monkeyleg: 3:33pm On Oct 28, 2012
The Depth of stupidity in that government knows no bounds. How do this rubbish become necessary? Is this the most pressing issue in the state? can they confirm that there is credible evidence to suggest that and expansion is necessary? have we taken the government to task on the figures if any exist? is this not the same town that is fast becoming a ghost town with commence fast departing from the area? where is the economic growths that suggest this is a priority? too many questions but no answers. Conclusion, and another Chop-chop project
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by EfeTony6(m): 3:47pm On Oct 28, 2012
Wonders shall never end in that state. So not activist or unionist,to stop the evil act and fraudulent act of that escape baboo.
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by dondigi(m): 3:47pm On Oct 28, 2012
Good job Uduaghan. Keep building up cases that will land you in jail after your term in office.

1 Like

Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:05pm On Oct 28, 2012
Since Oshiomole left as NLC President the union has being dwarf......

Delta have state chapter of NLC,I wonder if they ever call this Governor to explain how this will benefit common man.

If he doest let them start indefinite strike by doing so it will attract media and the Governor will be ashamed of the above statement.
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by Pharoh: 7:46pm On Oct 28, 2012
This guy must be very crazy angry
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:20pm On Oct 28, 2012
otokx: IBORI really is a million times better than UDUAGHAN

That means things are getting worse for Deltan.......

This same governor will still impose his confidant come 2015.
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by seunfly: 10:30pm On Oct 28, 2012
Default01: Seunfly why u de lie,u fit compare delta wit any state 4 southwest my guy we ar having difficulties nw bt we wold overcom.delta state in terms of healthcare has d best facilities and doctors.asaba airport is working and is a winner even b4 being commissioned.delta state hav nt even taped 1/4 of our resources,we ar buildin a new delta state 4rm d scratch lagos wont see our backs wen we hanes just 50% of our resources.god bless delta state,haters kep hatin while delta state is moving

My brother am not here to condem your state neither am i here to conpare states, region, tribe or politics. Am talking as a Nigerian and the good of delta is my good directly or otherwise. That is why i said the 37billion can do better things like road, hospitals, boost agriculture, inprove education and develop tourism. Instead of two airport which may not be useful. Please tell me how many Nigerian fly? How many deltan fly? Compare it with population that eat agric produce, hospital, education, road etc.
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by nelsonegware: 11:12pm On Oct 28, 2012
Upgrading the Osubi Airport is not the challenge but the fund required to fund it considering that there is strong need and demand for infrastructural development?
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by DELTABOY1: 11:50pm On Oct 28, 2012
I think there is need to have an air force base in warri. Warri is a very strategic location if there is war in Nigeria today. From all indication , it is obvious that Nigeria will end by 2015 and such a facility is very important to safe guard our people against aerial bombardment if we cannot split peacefully
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by Dogbeji2: 11:59pm On Oct 28, 2012
I just think that there are some things that are happening in high places that these governors are seeing that we are not seeing. Allow the governor to do his job. When Amechi bought a jet with several billions of Naira, no body shouted, why the noise about Warri airport. Is warri not suppose to get international airport?
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by cjrane: 12:49am On Oct 29, 2012
This is a very good investment to expand Osubi airport.It will definitely complement Warri ports and make Warri a world class city. Wafi no dey carry last at all o!
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by blesdman(m): 9:00am On Oct 29, 2012
Heavy crooked government....
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by Dogbeji2: 10:42am On Oct 29, 2012
Read in between lines and understand what the man is doing, the aiforce base will create business in that community which is coincidentally my own community
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:15am On Oct 29, 2012
seunfly:

My brother am not here to condem your state neither am i here to conpare states, region, tribe or politics. Am talking as a Nigerian and the good of delta is my good directly or otherwise. That is why i said the 37billion can do better things like road, hospitals, boost agriculture, inprove education and develop tourism. Instead of two airport which may not be useful. Please tell me how many Nigerian fly? How many deltan fly? Compare it with population that eat agric produce, hospital, education, road etc.

Well i think it would have been better to divert that amount in health sector.

Building Hospital and employ great hands to work there would have created more than 5000 jobs directly or indirectly.

Creating opportunity for over 5000 people in a state like Delta is a big achievement.
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:20am On Oct 29, 2012
There is no feasibility that this proposed airport will generate money for the state government.

Come to think of it, both poor and the rich will have to pay as they recieve treatment.
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by WonderBoy79: 12:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
THE SHORT BLACK UGLY POT-BELLIED MAN IS JUST AN IMBE !!!!
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by olafolarin(m): 7:19pm On Oct 29, 2012
Delta state needs urgent liberation.It is almost unbelievable that the confused Governor is taking his "retirement benefit" without regard for the lives of Deltans.Asaba and Warri Airport wont be finished before leaving office in 2015.
Over N40Billion was wasted on Asaba Airport .
Over N37Billion is budgeted for the Warri Airstrip.

In a state in need of Health Centers,Schools,and Roads with millions unemployed.
Re: Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade by Gigafx1: 10:19pm On Oct 29, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]

It is a very sad occurrence in a state like Delta where even the deputy governor is a Professor. What do these guys mean? Are they already running short of ideas in governance?
All they think about is how to ban motorbikes. And, of what eceonomic importance is this action? An ideal economy makes room for all forms of transportation, up to bicycles and wheel chairs. All forms of transportation are accident prone not just d common okada. Infact air mishaps claims more intellectuals than bike accidents. Now they want to WASTE a whopping sum of 37billion on Osubi...it is very sad. We have not even started using the Asaba International Airport yet.
What is really happening in this Naija. Can't we use that sum of money to stabilise power in this state, which will favour majority of the populace. There is no electric power for the common man too do his business. The welders, barbers,laundry amongst others, need light to do their business. Give them light!
How many indigenes are even going to use that airport. Government is running short of ideas. It is so sad.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Amaechi Did To Patience Jonathan. / Picture Of Medview Airline B767-300ER / The Only Country In The World Where Muslims Want To Live With Xtians By Force.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.