Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,540 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop (4946 Views)

This Online Phone Shop Is A Scammer And Don't Fall Victim Thanks Http://londo / Is There Any Reliable Online Mobile Phone Shop In Nigeria.? / Phone Shop In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 5:46pm On Apr 20, 2006
gbengaijot , that day when he called me and ask me to send my balance amount, i already told him i wanted a refund already, but he say he already shipped out the goods.i actually ordered 4 phones, but nw, he say his staff made a mistake, and shipped out 14phones instead, so i need to pay another balance 10phones money to him, which is more than what i had expected. He did send me the tracking number, but it actually seems to me that the website is fake. As i tried to email to the person in charge from the courier website and i couldnt send out the mail. so you want me to post what here? you mean the email?
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by gbengaijot(m): 5:56pm On Apr 20, 2006
@hazey, i can purely confirm to you that he is a scammer. one how can they make a mistake of sending 14 phones when you ordered four?, even if they  send 14 phones, they can't ask you to pay for the 10 phones. its not your fault. why don't you go through to the efcc website and report the stupid guy.

If i were you, i will tell him that i have sent him the money, and see what he says.

How much did u pay him sef?,
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by gbengaijot(m): 6:00pm On Apr 20, 2006
one more thing, the site is fake, the guys are fake, dont pay any more money under any circumstance. will get online 2morow as i have to get off work now, so we can discuss more.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 7:01pm On Apr 20, 2006
gbengaijot , thanks for ur help also. we chat agn tmr,
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 8:45pm On Apr 20, 2006
hi, the stupid sales guy, email me again, quoting me ,
"Yes, Do not release the MTCN and the TEST QUESTION ANSWER, but you send it immediately the Phones get to your Doorstep.By not releasing the above mentioned information, You can be rest assured that you sure of getting the phones. Lastly, If you delay or try anything funny with our balance we will report you immediately".

But what do you guys think? Actually with the ID, and with the receiver name , probably he can get the money thru western union also. Or you guys think i sld just lie to him that i sent the payment and see how it goes, if i really get the handphones, then i pay the balance to him?
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 9:14pm On Apr 20, 2006
Then this is the 2nd email which i just got from the sales guy, he quoted, " I have instructed the Shipping Company to keep it onhold in UAE - DUBIA, till we hear from you. In fact i want to reasure you that you are our Company will be very very close once this transaction is sucessfully completed.Once again, We are truely sorry.
So first thing in the Morning make the payment and notify, Do not include any detail expect the senders name o.k."
Then his 3rd email he quoted is " The amount to send is $1,000:00, Then upon arrival of the Phones you release the $1,000:00, We have already documented the amount which you have made so far o.k.
Lastly, makesure you don't include all details regarding the Payment expect the Senders Name.
Based on calculation from the shipping Company, if you are able to inform us that you have made the payment we shall call them to deliver the Phones to you, so latest by Saturday you will receive the Phones."

So now what you guys think? Any suggestions for me?
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by Seun(m): 9:24pm On Apr 20, 2006
Is there a way you can get back your money? Start working on that as soon as possible. Sorry. You want to know why he's still e-mailing you? He wants to see if he can squeeze more money out of you.

Do you want revenge? Contact his web host and domain name registrar by phone and let them know about the scam operation. Even if you can't get your money back, you'll be able to protect other people by getting the site shut down. Sorry about this.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by Bossman(m): 9:27pm On Apr 20, 2006
As you can tell it's real scam. He does not want you to release any detail because he knows if you do, the folks at western union will know right away that it's 419. He wants to make it seem like you are just send him money as a gift or so.

The fact that he told you that his staff (believe me, he has no staff) made a mistake by shipping 14 phones, and that he wants more money, should have indicated to you right way (in addition to other clues) that he is a scammer. Even my 6 year old would not believe that!

Tell him you are going to pass on all his information to the authorities that you know he has just 419'ed you.  You should have done some research before pouring $400 down the drain. Like I posted earlier, I am 100% (not 99%) sure you will not get any goods, and that you will not get a dime pack from him. I will post here again, search the internet for "the Nigerian 419 scam" You may even be able to make a report on one of the websites out there and post all his information there.

Exactly, do what Nwoke said. Contact as many people as you can authorities, his web hosting company, post his phone numbers(he can change those easily though) and email addresses to all the websites out there, etc.

I am sure this will be a very good lesson for you.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 9:42pm On Apr 20, 2006
how do i go about contacting the web host? can anyone do if for me? For course i want revenge and i want to make him as busy as possible, and i wan him to realise his ID to me also. Hmm, anybody can help me out? This kind of scammer, we sld just cheat him. Gt any gd plans?
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by gbengaijot(m): 7:46am On Apr 21, 2006
Alirte, you can make use of who is website to get his ID and stuffs. Seun, i bet you can advise on this as well as SBU career. they are techi guys,

Give him a fake mtcn number and tell him you've sent the money for the ten other fones. and see what he says,
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 7:52am On Apr 21, 2006
gbengaijot , i think now all he ask for is the just the sender name , he say mtcn number is not necessary also. But i think using the sender name, he can chk whether i send money over to him oredi right? just that he cant collect the money only, ? Hmm, what you think?
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by gbengaijot(m): 11:10am On Apr 21, 2006
Did he actually gave u d name that you should send the money thru?,
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 11:28am On Apr 21, 2006
gbengaijot, he did gave me the name of the money that i supposed to send through western union, which is christophere nwachukwa. Whom this guy agnes fred told me that the person i sending the money to is his company account department guy,  But i did ask western union last time that if the receiver doesnt have the mtcn number , he couldnt received the money from the bank. But i am nt sure about law in nigeria, whether this applies or not. Or probably if the receiver has the sender name and amount sent, he could probably picked up the money.

2hours ago,  i just anyhow sent him a sender name, and he told me that the status he gt from western union is that somebody had picked up the money. He said i lied to him about the money transfer, which was my intention, you think i sld email him and say that i already reported him to the authorities? So that just to scare him, because just nw he was still telling me that he would send me his ID, to proof his innocence. Or shall i just wait and see if he sends his ID or nt?
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by Bossman(m): 11:39am On Apr 21, 2006
Tell him you have reported him to authorities. Specifically tell him that you have posted his information to the 419 investigation department in the USA and Nigeria.

Bolting out to catch the train to work, I'll post more when I get on the train or when I get to work.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by gbengaijot(m): 11:40am On Apr 21, 2006
He is playing on your intelligence and accusing you so that you will feel pressured. it is not a business ethic at all for a service provider to accuse a customer that the customer lied to him. Did you ever speak to the person on phone?,

Do you use yahoo chat?, i think its better. my ID is gbengaijotan and we can discuss(although i am at work)
I am online now anyway. if you dont have we can use hotmail.
just post back

I am sorry nairalanders if you think am taking this personal, but have seen a lot of people been duped and hated me for been Nigerian in Manchester.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 11:58am On Apr 21, 2006
gbengaijot, you can add me @ hazeyger@yahoo.com for the yahoo chat. Bossman, actually i am thinking of hw to dig out more info on this guy, so that it would make it easier if i report to the authorities. I actually did talk to him on the phone before. I think more than 10times already. He had been calling me and chasing me for payment.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by gbengaijot(m): 12:08pm On Apr 21, 2006
I will prefer you act like a fool. if you act too smart, he will suspect you
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by geek(m): 12:26pm On Apr 21, 2006
You can also report this to his phone company - send them his phone number (08060693335) by visiting http://www.mtnonline.com/fraud.asp
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by gbengaijot(m): 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2006
Yeah report him to his fone company
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 12:39pm On Apr 21, 2006
hey geek and gbengaijot, i would report him, thanks guys.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by gbengaijot(m): 12:58pm On Apr 21, 2006
He is privately registered. i tried using www.whois.net to get is information on who regsieterd d site but its saying it is restricted.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by gbengaijot(m): 1:14pm On Apr 21, 2006
I found a bit of useful information,

i checked his details online and this is what i got

Current Registrar: BOTTLE DOMAINS, INC.
IP Address: 193.86.238.12 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
IP Location: CZ(CZECH REPUBLIC)-MORAVSKOSLEZSKY KRAJ-OSTRAVA
Record Type: Domain Name
Server Type: Apache
Lock Status: ACTIVE
Web Site Status: Active
DMOZ no listings
Y! Directory: see listings
Secure: No
E-commerce: No
Traffic Ranking: Not available
Data as of: 14-Jun-2005

Domain Name: BLUEWIRELESSINC.COM
Registrar: BOTTLE DOMAINS, INC.
Whois Server: whois.bottledomains.com
Referral URL: http://www.bottledomains.com
Name Server: NS2.PIPNI.CZ
Name Server: NS.PIPNI.CZ
EPP Status: ok
Updated Date: 25-Jan-2006
Creation Date: 25-Jan-2006
Expiration Date: 25-Jan-2007

Does anyone know what to do with this?, i bet you can report him to the domain registere and webhost.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by gbengaijot(m): 1:34pm On Apr 21, 2006
More info i got

Registration Service Provided By: BOTTLE DOMAINS

Domain Name: bluewirelessinc.com

Expiry Date: 25-Jan-2007
Days Left for Expiry: 279
Record Creation Date: 25-Jan-2006
Domain Status: Active

Domain servers in listed order:
ns.pipni.cz
ns2.pipni.cz

RegistrantContact Details
Name Greg Amos
Company Unspecified
Email Address bluewirelessinc@yahoo.com
Address 34 MCKNIGHT AVENUE Address,
City PITTSBURGH
State PENNSYLVANIA
Zip 15237
Country AU
Tel No. +61.282234657

AdministrativeContactDetails
Name Greg Amos
Company Unspecified
City PITTSBURGH
State PENNSYLVANIA
Zip 15237
Country AU
Tel No. +61.282234657

TechnicalContactDetails
Name Greg Amos
Company Unspecified
City PITTSBURGH
State PENNSYLVANIA
Zip 15237
Country AU
Tel No. +61.282234657

BillingContactDetails
Name Greg Amos
Company Unspecified
City PITTSBURGH
State PENNSYLVANIA
Zip 15237
Country AU
Tel No. +61.282234657

In my own opinion, the owner of this site may have paid by a credit card they stole, so dont be fooled with the address. you can report them to their webhost.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by Bossman(m): 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2006
That address "34 mcknight avenue" does not exist in that zipcode. I googled the zipcode, and it's definitely pittsburg's zipcode, but the address does not exist for that zipcode. Also, the address is a US address but the country and phone number are for Australia. See below,

I agree, these are the kinds of people that are giving us bad name. Too many programs on TV here have been on the Nigerian 419 scam. You get to work the following day and people are asking you all kinds of questions about this crap!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name Greg Amos
Company Unspecified
City PITTSBURGH
State PENNSYLVANIA
Zip 15237
Country AU
Tel No. +61.282234657
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 5:30pm On Apr 21, 2006
hmm, so you guys say tat guy tat contacted me might not be a nigerian? Now i am abit confused, dont know how to go about reporting about this issue. You guys are a great help, thanks again.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 5:36pm On Apr 21, 2006
hey this guy now theatened to sue me, this is what he quoted in the latest email, " I will have my Chairman report you, i have already documented the emails and teleconversation we've been having since the begining of this transaction, also i have the profe of what you told me today, which you told you have remitted the payment but never did.So we will see who will go to jail scammer."

What you guys think? is he trying to scare me? Would the local authories believe me?
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by Bossman(m): 5:57pm On Apr 21, 2006
No No! The guy is Nigerian (the 419 type). He just used fake information to register.

Tell him that you have reported him to the 149 authorities. And that they have all his information. Let him know that you are aware you have been scammed and that you will do everything in your power to make him pay for it.

How can he sue you when he is already up on you. he has got your money and he did not send you any goods. Believe me, if he sues you you he will have to pay you. what a joker he is. He is just trying to scare you.

Let him know that you are already talking to some Nigerians online and that he is about to get arrested.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 6:11pm On Apr 21, 2006
bossman, i just reported him to the phone company and his website domain. Hope they would chk it out soon, and probably get back to me. I am not sure if he would still email me back, so now we shall wait and see.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 6:17pm On Apr 21, 2006
hey bossman, i send the fraud complain to the phone company, but there isDelivery Status Notification (Failure). I dont know what is wrong, did someone send me the wrong website? I send through http://www.mtnonline.com/fraud.asp. So other than email, hw can i report him to the phone company? I think the number he had been using to call me is quite important, as he had been using the 2 usual numbers.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by glamrocka(f): 7:19pm On Apr 21, 2006
sorry hazey you have been had by those scamming bastards from nigeria. Never heard of where a company would ask you to pay for their mistake in ordering, anyway the whole thing is a fraud. Count your losses.

I dont think anyone can help you , The country is full of such and nothing is being done.

Go see 419 eaters.com there are many scams on display maybe they can help you
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by Hunter(m): 2:42am On Apr 22, 2006
Name Greg Amos
Company Unspecified
City PITTSBURGH
State PENNSYLVANIA
Zip 15237
Country AU
Tel No. +61.282234657

That's a number from New South Wales (probably sydney)
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by Mario(m): 4:36pm On Apr 22, 2006
Hazey, like the folks have said over and over again, it is what we call 419 here, this guy exist and company is fake and so is every other document he is going to send or mail to u. I think what u should do now is first 'DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY' what so ever to anybody! it is scam, its called 419. and sheck out the efcc website and see how u can contact them. There is a phone village in Nigeria but this person that u contacted is a 419er

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Symbian antivirus / Need Help Activiting Beiks Dictionary Pro 5.5 And Repligo Reader 2.1.0.1 / Ctroniq C70gi Dual Core (wifi,3g,1gb, 8gb Hdd) 7" Android Tablet #14,995 only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.