Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) (11160 Views)

Pictures From Shiites-Army Clash In Zaria, Many Feared Dead / Obasanjo In Auto-Crash, Escapes Unhurt - Today.ng / BREAKING NEWS : Update On The Helicopter Crash (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by yinchar(m): 10:31pm On Oct 28, 2012
Watched the Video this is very disheartening...... cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by jude33084(m): 10:35pm On Oct 28, 2012
jhydebaba: The link contains a video showing a fresh accident scene and people wailing. Viewer's discretion advised.

http://video.ak.fbcdn.net/cfs-ak-ash3/v/32913/803/543972078961764_46564.mp4?oh=9b3bd22aca9bb30cff814b36fffcde3f&oe=508DE281&__gda__=1351473602_bd613b35b8bb4be310d7eac62e9ac783

Pls τhis link is too hurible sad I pitty for parent of that boy sad may his soul aŋԂ the souls of the others rest in peace sad
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by jude33084(m): 10:42pm On Oct 28, 2012
embarassed
jhydebaba: The link contains a video showing a fresh accident scene and people wailing. Viewer's discretion advised.

http://video.ak.fbcdn.net/cfs-ak-ash3/v/32913/803/543972078961764_46564.mp4?oh=9b3bd22aca9bb30cff814b36fffcde3f&oe=508DE281&__gda__=1351473602_bd613b35b8bb4be310d7eac62e9ac783

embarassed embarassed
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by senator2k9(m): 10:50pm On Oct 28, 2012
juman:

Ooohhh, people are dying anyhow. Very very unfortunate country.

That was how one of my cousin died along Abuja - Kaduna road some months ago.

Very unfortunate country. No to one nigeria.
heeey....not naija plssssss...*all bad tins must nt be pushed to us
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 28, 2012
See as awon oloriburuku dey point ther f. Ucking hand to governor. Sey the man na God wey destiny dem to die that way. Na God they behind every gud and bad. No one can kill except Allah and No one can save except him.
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 28, 2012
The one wey Akoshiberos Boko haram no pass this one. Sey na uncle Jona kill em.
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 28, 2012
We can't deny it is news, but reality is that people are dying in numbers everyday. We need to pray for forgiveness and mercy continually individually, as a people/Nigerians and as a Nation/Nigeria, GOD please hear and answer my/our prayers. I personally feel anything less than a year will be too short to ask forgiveness from GOD for Nigeria

Can we start and even create the habit of blessing Nigeria ; The curse is now obvious
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by taharqa: 11:28pm On Oct 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:
so much accidents and deayhs from ogun state recently. The governor must be blood loving maaan. God save us. RIP
How does accidents show dat d Gov 'must be a blood loving man'? Smh
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by taharqa: 11:34pm On Oct 28, 2012
juman:

I also noticed that the accidents are increasing. Probably too much reckless driving.

Are accidents really increasing Or d rate of reporting dem is increasing? U know, social media and all
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by eXDave: 11:38pm On Oct 28, 2012
I do not believe dat dis accident happend here in 9ja cus those cars plate num is difrent fom ours
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by eXDave: 11:40pm On Oct 28, 2012
eX-Dave:
I do not believe dat dis accident happend here in 9ja cus those cars plate num is difrent fom ours
[color=#770077][/color]some body pls take a cloae look on dose cars plate num
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by Nasri100(m): 3:53am On Oct 29, 2012
eX-Dave:
[color=#770077][/color]some body pls take a cloae look on dose cars plate num

Yeah it happened in las vegas smh
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by ade6606: 5:25am On Oct 29, 2012
There's no thinking facaulty in some people's skull. They just open their empty cavity and outpour senseless and stinking words. How can yuo say that d Governor is a blood sucker. It' nonsensical.
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by mymadam(m): 5:29am On Oct 29, 2012
taharqa:

Are accidents really increasing Or d rate of reporting dem is increasing? U know, social media and all

Food for thought! God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by omobaba55: 5:35am On Oct 29, 2012
God knows best
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by ade6606: 5:44am On Oct 29, 2012
There's no thinking facaulty in some people's skull. They just open their empty cavity and outpour senseless and stinking words. How can yuo say that d Governor is a blood sucker. It' nonsensical.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by nanaman(m): 6:00am On Oct 29, 2012
Mr. Globe:
so much accidents and deayhs from ogun state recently. The governor must be blood loving maaan. God save us. RIP

I wouldn't blame you because you know when,where and how you would die. Have you confirmed the cause of the accident,it was overspeeding. We like reporting bad news,that's one of the reasons people like you think backward.
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by juman(m): 6:11am On Oct 29, 2012
eX-Dave:

Yeah, the cars plate nums are different from ours. But we also have bad roads. May God protect us and our people.
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 29, 2012
yinchar: When will we stop road-worthy TRAILERS on our road.......80% of fatal accidents are caused my TRAILERS in Nigeria and still nothing is done too stop this loss of human life.
Dangote is doing his best by recruiting grad drivers. I hope other companies follow his lead.
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by brabus(m): 7:48am On Oct 29, 2012
nanaman:

I wouldn't blame you because you know when,where and how you would die. Have you confirmed the cause of the accident,it was overspeeding. We like reporting bad news,that's one of the reasons people like you think backward.

I still wonder what Mr Globe has said wrong. The rate is very alarming that you keep wondering what the governor is doing. Yeah, overspeeding is possible in Abeokuta (especially on the siun/shagamu/abeokuta expressway) but that's for the government agencies to control not Mr Globe.
The last time I checked Mr Amosun is still the state governor.

In fact, the records didn't favour any of the highway in Ogun state.

Check the rate of accident on these roads

1. Sagamu/Ore/Benin expressway
2. Sagamu/Siun/Abeokuta expressway
3. Sango/Ifo
4. Lagos/Ibadan expressway
5. Papa road
6. Ikorodu/Sagamu road
7. And many more.
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by MrJK(m): 9:30am On Oct 29, 2012
The accident happened in Ghana last year. RIP to the departed souls
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 30, 2012
brabus:

I still wonder what Mr Globe has said wrong. The rate is very alarming that you keep wondering what the governor is doing. Yeah, overspeeding is possible in Abeokuta (especially on the siun/shagamu/abeokuta expressway) but that's for the government agencies to control not Mr Globe.
The last time I checked Mr Amosun is still the state governor.

In fact, the records didn't favour any of the highway in Ogun state.

Check the rate of accident on these roads

1. Sagamu/Ore/Benin expressway
2. Sagamu/Siun/Abeokuta expressway
3. Sango/Ifo
4. Lagos/Ibadan expressway
5. Papa road
6. Ikorodu/Sagamu road
7. And many more.
A punctured tyre at a top speed of 120kph resulting to an accident is also Amosun's fault?
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by brabus(m): 10:22am On Oct 30, 2012
toba: A punctured tyre at a top speed of 120kph resulting to an accident is also Amosun's fault?

No, its mine cos I placed those nails on the road and I'm the agency responsible for road maintenance. I'm also responsible for placing speed breakers/limits on those road.

Abeg, go sleep jare. The Gov is just a ceremonial head, abi?
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by gulfer: 12:17pm On Oct 30, 2012
brabus:

No, its mine cos I placed those nails on the road and I'm the agency responsible for road maintenance. I'm also responsible for placing speed breakers/limits on those road.

Abeg, go sleep jare. The Gov is just a ceremonial head, abi?
Are you for real? OK, blame Jonathan for the floods in Otuoke!
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 30, 2012
gulfer: Are you for real? OK, blame Jonathan for the floods in Otuoke!
Are you for real too? Comparing Natural disaster to Road maintainance
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by gulfer: 12:44pm On Oct 30, 2012
ogbeche77:
Are you for real too? Comparing Natural disaster to Road maintainance
Did they tell you guys that the vehicle ran into a ditch before the accident, requiring maintenance of the section? FYI, the area where the accident happened is one of the best maintained highway road in the SOUTHWEST. Excessive Speed and loss of control is the likely cause and he should not have adduced this to the governor.
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by brabus(m): 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2012
gulfer: Did they tell you guys that the vehicle ran into a ditch before the accident, requiring maintenance of the section? FYI, the area where the accident happened is one of the best maintained highway road in the SOUTHWEST. Excessive Speed and loss of control is the likely cause and he should not have adduced this to the governor.

Best maintained my foot. You mean that road that has killed over thousands of people is best maintained.

FYI, I drove on that road everyday for 2 years and I can tell you its the worst express road in South West with too many dangerous curves.

In a country where the govt respect her citizens, we would never find such massacres (as I deem it) repeated on a daily basis. (Remember, the same road killed Alasari).
In fact, accidents are not due to the bad infrastructure only, they are brought about by the lack of respect of each other, and total absence of law enforcement.

If the police and other law enforcement agents were doing their job in an honest and clean manner, we would not be mourning the dead now. Yet, we all know, how most police officers are corrupt and how easily they can turn a blind eye on any contravention as soon as you give them a bribe. The problem lies also in our lack of civism and lack of respect to the law and to each other.
________
Even the damages and losses caused by the flood in Otuoke can be averted if we have good leaders. Find out how its down in developed countries. Presently, there's lockdown in some parts of the US to Hurricane Sandy.
Re: Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) by gulfer: 3:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
brabus:

Best maintained my foot. You mean that road that has killed over thousands of people is best maintained.

FYI, I drove on that road everyday for 2 years
and I can tell you its the worst express road in South West with too many dangerous curves.

In a country where the govt respect her citizens, we would never find such massacres (as I deem it) repeated on a daily basis. (Remember, the same road killed Alasari).
In fact, accidents are not due to the bad infrastructure only, they are brought about by the lack of respect of each other, and total absence of law enforcement.

If the police and other law enforcement agents were doing their job in an honest and clean manner, we would not be mourning the dead now. Yet, we all know, how most police officers are corrupt and how easily they can turn a blind eye on any contravention as soon as you give them a bribe. The problem lies also in our lack of civism and lack of respect to the law and to each other.
________
Even the damages and losses caused by the flood in Otuoke can be averted if we have good leaders. Find out how its down in developed countries. Presently, there's lockdown in some parts of the US to Hurricane Sandy.

I say you lied with the emboldened part. The road has curves I agree, but only a fool and suicidal person takes curves with speed. I drive regularly on this road to visit my sister who is married in Abeokuta and will tell you that people take unnecessary risks with the speed on this road. On Alasari (RIP), Do you know he rode a jeep and took a sharp curve at a speed too high for control and which resulted in his death according to witness reports? You can blame government for everything but not the excesses of some of the citizens. In America, the major cause of accident is excessive speed and drunk-driving; as we say in safety, Human error accounts for 90% of road accidents.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west / Blackouts, Violence And Now Recession: Nigeria’s Troubles Mount - Bloomberg / Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode’s 2019 Budget Presentation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.