Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,726 members, 7,955,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:15 PM

Blaque Singer Natina Reed Killed By Car In Georgia - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Blaque Singer Natina Reed Killed By Car In Georgia (1959 Views)

Funmilayo Ransome Kuti: The First Woman To Drive A Car In Nigeria [Photos] / Unclad, Virgin Beauties And The Umhlanga Reed Dance [video + Pictures] / Actor Clems Onyeka Killed By Stray Bullet In Asaba This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blaque Singer Natina Reed Killed By Car In Georgia by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 28, 2012
www.unwindmeonline.com News

…Natina Reed, "Bring It On" actress, Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes protégé, and member of the R&B group Blaque, was killed Friday night in Atlanta after being hit by a car, Gwinnett County police department confirmed to Yahoo! Music.

Reed, who was 32, would have turned 33 Sunday.

According to Gwinnett Sgt. Rich Long, Reed was pronounced dead at Gwinnett Medical Center at 10:59 p.m. ET.

Around 10:30 p.m. on October 26, the driver of the vehicle called 911 to report hitting a pedestrian. "Information received indicated that CPR was being performed by a person on the scene," Long said via statement. "Preliminary information indicates that Reed was in the roadway on Lawrenceville Highway near Hamilton Road when struck. The driver of the vehicle was determined to be not at fault and there are no charges pending."

[Related: Lil Wayne released from hospital]

The driver and passenger are believed to be the only witnesses, and the authorities are withholding their names until the completion of the investigation.

Gabrielle Union and Natina Reed in "Bring It On."Blaque member Shamari DeVoe, conveyed her grief via Twitter. "My heart and my soul is in so much pain," she wrote. "My sister, my best friend, I will always love you."

Blaque released two albums, their 1999 self-titled debut and 2002's "Blaque Out." In 2000, they appeared in the movie "Bring It On."

"Bring It On," a film about rival cheerleading squads, co-starred Kirsten Dunst and Gabrielle Union, who headed the opposing teams. Reed and her Blaque group members were a part of Union's pack. The release grossed $90 million and was followed by four direct-to-video sequels. The last movie, "Bring it On: Fight To The Finish," was released in 2009.

In August, Reed discussed Blaque's plans to make a comeback in an interview with website YouKnowIGotSoul. In July, Blaque performed at the First Annual Left Eye Music Fest in Decatur, Ga. Reed's mentor Lopes was killed in a car crash in Honduras in April 2002.

Reed had a 10-year-old son, Tren Brown, with Dogg Pound rapper Kurupt

Re: Blaque Singer Natina Reed Killed By Car In Georgia by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 29, 2012
How tragic. I'm sure she was young. RIP.
Re: Blaque Singer Natina Reed Killed By Car In Georgia by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 29, 2012
Re: Blaque Singer Natina Reed Killed By Car In Georgia by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
yeah she was 32. she had a 10 year old boy for Kurupt. Snoop Dogg's protege
Re: Blaque Singer Natina Reed Killed By Car In Georgia by dominique(f): 12:36pm On Oct 31, 2012
I remember the girl group back in the early '00s. Had some catchy hits back then, my favourite was 'as if'. May she RIP.
Re: Blaque Singer Natina Reed Killed By Car In Georgia by Nobody: 4:56am On Nov 01, 2012
Yeah I heard about it.

It's so sad considering Left Eye brought her out there,
they had similar styles and both died around the same age and
in similar ways (car accidents).

Too many of our young stars are going out man. undecided
but God does his thing regardless so on the note.

RIP baby girl. kiss Your legacy lives on through your music and son. smiley

This has always been my favorite track by Blaque
(shes the one rapping):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT-x-j7KZsY

(1) (Reply)

Banky W Runs To Wizkid's Mother For Help And Real Reason Wizkid Left Eme / Seun Osewa Listed Among Nigeria’s 100 Most Innovative Persons In Technology / Patoranking Shares Moving Story About Leaving His Siblings To Pursue Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.