Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Computer Science Final Year Project/seminar Students Meets Here - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Computer Science Final Year Project/seminar Students Meets Here (2302 Views)

How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / How To Write Computer Science Final Year Projects / Computer Science Final Year Projects! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Science Final Year Project/seminar Students Meets Here by GreenBobo: 2:25am On Oct 29, 2012
OK..lets look at it this way... you studied computer science in one crap university in Nigeria and in your final year those crap lecturers in the department expect you to write a full blown software/project all alone?..........is it all that possible?........... tongue lets look at it this other way....... you are admmited to study computer science and you are never taught any real programming language, My lecturers only read notes to me without any form of practical, although we had a non-functional lab in my sc........, you are forced into taking some courses that I consider irrelevant to the task at hand , like physics, phylosophy, stat, biology, chem, etc till your 3rd year for a four year course?
your lectures dont "update" their brains...they teach or rather dictate same note every session.......... no body querries them....
why will a university only offer programming courses like QBASIC, FORTRAN, and at most VB 6.0 only, to computer science majors? .... all this programming language are good for reference purposes only, they are outdated as far as the labour market is concerned......... I can go on and on........ but that wont salvage the the situation....
well....if you gat any question with respect to your final year computer science project tinz....you can post it up here, lets see how far we can help each other!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Computer Science Final Year Project/seminar Students Meets Here by GreenBobo: 3:53am On Oct 29, 2012
or you can inbox me (festusgreen@gmail.com)
Re: Computer Science Final Year Project/seminar Students Meets Here by GreenBobo: 10:08am On Oct 29, 2012
Ok.... chukwu inboxed...He was asking about/talking about the possibility of learning a new programming language like JAVA, PHP etc for the sole purpose of writing his final year project.. I decided to address it here in the open.
Chukwu and any other person with similar issues, YES you can learn a new language in months, a language like JAVA could take you about a life time to grasp.
what am saying is this, make do with the language you've been taught already cos you will have more grounds when the issue of defending your project comes around... You are forgetting that you cant CRAM programming..... try and master what you've got cos you do not have much time to learn a new language.
Re: Computer Science Final Year Project/seminar Students Meets Here by GreenBobo: 1:39pm On Oct 29, 2012
@ emma... developing a system to manage the library in you school could be called/titled "DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM"......IT should have many forms i.e if you are using VB6.0.... you should use java.... and an IDE such as netbeans to design your forms....it should have at least 5 forms. this includes 1. Log in form 2.Students/Users Registration form
3.Admin form
4.Students form.
5.Book entry form etc

kkk.....just inbox or reply me make I no say you dey follow.....
Re: Computer Science Final Year Project/seminar Students Meets Here by GreenBobo: 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2012
I have sent you something that resembles an abstract via the e-mail you sent to me.......... @emma.....am still with you.... even till the coding stage but you must be commited enof oo.... coding is not an easy task o good luck
Re: Computer Science Final Year Project/seminar Students Meets Here by GreenBobo: 11:24am On Oct 30, 2012
Hmmm............ some body wants a ready made project....... kk no qualms......but you have to post it here... dont inbox me if you want ready made project codes/softwares and materials..............just drop it here...........even if i dont have one.... some other passer by might have and may decide to help. good luck!
Re: Computer Science Final Year Project/seminar Students Meets Here by GreenBobo: 5:31pm On Oct 31, 2012
pls stop inboxing me ooooooooooo
although I have a lot topics and ideas............ I would appreciate it if you are interested in learning how to program... as in you should write your own codes...
IK...pls check this one out...
"DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A DOWNLOAD MANAGER FOR INTERNET USERS".......... YOU COULD USE JAVA TO IMPLEMENT THIS...
Pls get back to me!
Re: Computer Science Final Year Project/seminar Students Meets Here by Valentinooo: 7:53pm On Jan 10, 2013
Guy i'm with you, i need this thing cos i will be starting my project very soon and i need help cos i don't know the topic to choose
Re: Computer Science Final Year Project/seminar Students Meets Here by GreenBobo: 12:10am On Feb 08, 2013
Valentino...wat kinda help do you need??
be more specific
Re: Computer Science Final Year Project/seminar Students Meets Here by ohije(m): 11:13am On Feb 08, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Delta State Polytechnic Ogwashi-uku Post-utme, Direct Entry, Part-time, Hnd Form / List Of 2015/2016 Successful Candidates Into Nigeria Air Force Military Schools / In South Africa, Team Fupre Wins Awards With Varsity Made Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.